What's new

Elisabeth Moss snows another reporter about Scientology...

Tony's bummed because reporters are letting Elizabeth slide by asking puff ball questions about the cult. While I understand his ire, it's asking hard ball questions of celebs is a fast way to get blackballed. These reporters get paid by doing interviews and submitting articles, not by sitting home watching reruns of Married with Children.

If he wants hard ball questions answered, why isn't he invited to the press junket? He is an editor and a reporter of some repute, and has sufficient creds. Humm?

"It’s getting very frustrating to see otherwise competent journalists let Elisabeth Moss get away with murder in interviews. Marlow Stern at the Daily Beast is no pushover, and he at least asked Moss more than one question about her involvement in Scientology. But she gave him three non-answers that amounted to nothing, and it irked us that Stern’s editors then claimed that the Daily Beast had a huge exclusive with Moss “opening up” about Scientology.

Well, no, not really. And it’s happened again, with a new piece in the London Sunday Times, a newspaper with a legendary reputation, in a lengthy interview with the Handmaid’s Tale actress this weekend.

More at link:

https://tonyortega.org/2019/09/06/e...-about-scientology-but-this-one-really-hurts/

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Tony's bummed because reporters are letting Elizabeth slide by asking puff ball questions about the cult. While I understand his ire, it's asking hard ball questions of celebs is a fast way to get blackballed. These reporters get paid by doing interviews and submitting articles, not by sitting home watching reruns of Married with Children.

If he wants hard ball questions answered, why isn't he invited to the press junket? He is an editor and a reporter of some repute, and has sufficient creds. Humm?

"It’s getting very frustrating to see otherwise competent journalists let Elisabeth Moss get away with murder in interviews. Marlow Stern at the Daily Beast is no pushover, and he at least asked Moss more than one question about her involvement in Scientology. But she gave him three non-answers that amounted to nothing, and it irked us that Stern’s editors then claimed that the Daily Beast had a huge exclusive with Moss “opening up” about Scientology.

Well, no, not really. And it’s happened again, with a new piece in the London Sunday Times, a newspaper with a legendary reputation, in a lengthy interview with the Handmaid’s Tale actress this weekend.

More at link:

https://tonyortega.org/2019/09/06/e...-about-scientology-but-this-one-really-hurts/
Elizabeth Moss is not responsible for the crimes and abuse in Scientology. Going after her is simply religious persecution.

And Marlow Stern is most definitely a pushover.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Elizabeth Moss is not responsible for the crimes and abuse in Scientology. Going after her is simply religious persecution.

And Marlow Stern is most definitely a pushover.
Some religious persecutions are better than others.

Veda

Sponsor
Puff ball interviews of "celebrity" Scientologists - who have been coached by cult PRs - is nothing new. For example...

DENYING THAT SCIENTOLOGY IS A SPACE ALIEN CULT...

Scientology celebrity Juliette Lewis (born 1973) did a 2010 interview with Vanity Fair magazine. Lewis was asked about Xenu, space aliens, etc., and she lied.

She explained that some people are confusing Hubbard's science fiction works with his other studies.

The actual interview it is located here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

There is another article about the interview here:
http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/can-you-be-a-christian-scientologist/question-1380577/

__________​

Interviewer's questions in bold black. Scientologist's answers in red:

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?

I am, yeah.

Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?

Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.

So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren't about Xenu?

I’m a Christian! [Beautifully done instant change of subject. Great 'Reporter TRs']. I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion...

It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it...

Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?

That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)

So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?

I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, 'Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction...'

...The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing...

___________​

Another example of Scientologists lying for Scientology:

Jump ahead to 3:55 in this interview of Scientology Celebrity, and Scientologist her entire life, Kate Caberano (born 1966), and her husband. The subject of Christmas didn't come up, but there was a question about "aliens." Compare the answer to JL's answer. This is pat PR.

Interviewer: People will say, 'Do you believe in aliens?'

Kate Caberano: I've never heard of it in all my three generations.

Kate Caberano's husband: I think people confuse L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction work with his philosophical and religious work.

Playing the "bigotry and hate" card.