What's new

The Daily Beast has a new article on Tom Cruise and Scientology

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
I just read the article, but am confused about something.

tabloid reports began circulating that it was over Holmes’s fear that Cruise would ship their daughter, Suri, off to Sea Org

Why would she have feared Suri going into the SO when Isebella and Connor weren't/aren't in the SO? I mean they would have to pry my child out of my dead cold hands first, but there doesn't seem to be any precedent of this happening in the Cruise family.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Actually, Connor did go to the SO.

And then left. With very little downside, since he's Cruise's kid.

But obviously, at least to me, Katie did observe lots of yakkety yak about the two older kids going to the SO. Remember that Miscavige and Cruise and Katie and Miscavige's girlfriend (forget her name) were spending all that time together as BFFFFFs. Betcha there was lots of high-toned conversation with mucho back-slapping about how all the kids would grow up, run the CoS, and show all those DBs how it's done.

Ugh.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually, Connor did go to the SO.

And then left. With very little downside, since he's Cruise's kid.

But obviously, at least to me, Katie did observe lots of yakkety yak about the two older kids going to the SO. Remember that Miscavige and Cruise and Katie and Miscavige's girlfriend (forget her name) were spending all that time together as BFFFFFs. Betcha there was lots of high-toned conversation with mucho back-slapping about how all the kids would grow up, run the CoS, and show all those DBs how it's done.

Ugh.

Really?? I had never heard that Conner was in the SO. Do you have any links or details? I remember Bella's boyfriend joined the SO and left, he was also from a wealthy SO family and suffered (at least a far as public knowledge is concerned) no major repercussions. But I do believe he and Bella broke up, whether that has anything at all to do with his leaving the SO is unknown.

Conner has always seemed like a party boy type. He's using his dad's fame and money to be a "DJ" and living it up the jet set nightlife according to blurbs and photos about him in the gossip and tabloid sites. I could never imagine him going for the authoritarian, clean living, follow orders, and non-stop work life of a SO member - even one at CC that got very special treatment. Kid seems way too spoiled and enamored with Paris Hilton type of lifestyle to ever be attracted to the SO or any type of work in general.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just read the article, but am confused about something.

tabloid reports began circulating that it was over Holmes’s fear that Cruise would ship their daughter, Suri, off to Sea Org

Why would she have feared Suri going into the SO when Isebella and Connor weren't/aren't in the SO? I mean they would have to pry my child out of my dead cold hands first, but there doesn't seem to be any precedent of this happening in the Cruise family.

Tony clarified that this was not what he and Mike told the reporter. They said that Katie would have been aware of the processing that Suri would be getting, having seen what Bella and Connor had received. The journalist misunderstood

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Going Clear" is spilling the beans on Tom Cruise.

This may be the tipping point - he just may wake up.

How can he ignore it any longer.

His life is really strange right now.

What does he do all day? Read success stories from Scientology publications looking for a TuDee Oat Tea that completed GAT II Super Power, her Purif, Survival Rundown and all three L's....:whistling:

Seriously - what's left in Scientology for him to do, be or have...he has done it all, received the Freedom of Valour Gold Medal, gone by accidents and did something about it...and his 3rd marriage failed, his kids are all out of Scientology (more than likely)

I say to Tom Cruise - GAME OVER!!

Jump

Operating teatime
"Going Clear" is spilling the beans on Tom Cruise.

This may be the tipping point - he just may wake up.

How can he ignore it any longer.

His life is really strange right now.

What does he do all day? Read success stories from Scientology publications looking for a TuDee Oat Tea that completed GAT II Super Power, her Purif, Survival Rundown and all three L's....:whistling:

Seriously - what's left in Scientology for him to do, be or have...he has done it all, received the Freedom of Valour Gold Medal, gone by accidents and did something about it...and his 3rd marriage failed, his kids are all out of Scientology (more than likely)

I say to Tom Cruise - GAME OVER!!

You're making no sense. He can re - do the student hat and TR0 under GAT2

:biggrin:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Bunny Skull,

I can't find any links either about Connor's having been in the S.O. Hmm ... could be I "dubbed in" the Eddie Frencher Sea Org adventure story. But I thought Connor had been in, too.

This could be an Emily Litella moment ...

emily-litella1.jpg