What's new

Tom DeVocht reveals new info about Tom Cruise and David Miscavige

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
New article about the relationship between Miscavige and Tom Cruise.
http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/21/go...-info-about-tom-cruise-and-scientologys-leade

In Miscavige’s mind, those of us in International Management were all looking for opportunities to betray him and take the church down. He needed someone he could count on.

He explained his strategy to me this way. “Cruise isn’t smart enough to run the church like I can, but he has the presence and could be my Inspector General, and people would respect and listen to him. Because Tom is a very good actor, he could carry out my exact commands and directions like a puppet, and that would be OK with me. He wouldn’t even have to think. Then we’d be getting somewhere.”

He looked at me sternly and insisted, “I’m damned serious about this and I think he’ll do it.”

Don’t look to Tom Cruise as some sort of victim. He is, in fact, the deputy Chairman of the Board of the Church of Scientology, and it seems to me that he sort of likes it.

— Tom DeVocht

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I think OSA has pissed off Tom enough recently that he's giving DM a big "F*ck You! You think you can shudder me into silence?!!! Keep it up and I will reveal more"

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can't help thinking there must be tremendous pressure on "Mr. Cruise" to pull strings with his Hollywood connections to try to get the HBO show pulled. The question is, does he really hold influence with those connections? Or is he just a laughing stock now?

Leland

Crusader
Can't help thinking there must be tremendous pressure on "Mr. Cruise" to pull strings with his Hollywood connections to try to get the HBO show pulled. The question is, does he really hold influence with those connections? Or is he just a laughing stock now?

IMO TC just does not have anywhere near that kind of clout.

The "Industry" has morphed over many years...and are HUGE corporations now. They all got involved with the Stock Game....and the "Studios" are now all swallowed up by much bigger fish.

HBO.....will probably be spun off this year or next...by Time Warner....and will become its own Stock listed Company...(with controlling interest still owned by Time Warner...via stock.)

It is amazing what has happened in this Industry....

The Cable industry...such as Comcast Cable.....made so much money...they started producing there own shows...and made more money and then turned to Hollywood with all that cash and business/stock clout....and actually bought a film studio....NBC Universal.

Sumner Redstone and his National Amusement Company...came to Hollywood and bought Paramount....and is personally worth 6.4 Billion

Barry Diller.....swung many many deals.....In Hollywood...and the Cable industry....and is worth personally 2.4 Billion

The CEO of the Seagram's Corporation...and head of one of the largest family fortunes of the world....came to Hollywood with around 9 Billion dollars...and trying and did buy his way into a Studio....and lost. He lost one of the biggest fortunes the world had ever seen.

Prior to that, another Corporation, Matsuhita, (spelling) of Japan, came to Hollywood and also bought a Studio...and they lost big time too.

Sony came to town...and spent 3.4 Billion dollars and bought Columbia Studio...and they have survived...but had decades of problems.....but very deep Corporate Pockets...and paid a heave price to buy into the Hollywood Game.

IMO....Tom Cruise is a small fry in this arena. He is not a business man like these guys....he is an actor.

Despite what many have posted here...about TC...and his Box Office ...in Asia and such....again...he is just an actor....and not a business man.

Just what strings could he pull? I don't think he has any strings...(of that nature ) to pull in the Industry.

He has NO say in any of these Corporate entities....

He is not in the same league as any of these Corporate BSDs.....

He doesn't have enough money to buy himself into any of these Hollywood Games....

Last edited:

snippage ....again...he is just an actor....and not a business man.

Just what strings could he pull? I don't think he has any strings...(of that nature ) to pull in the Industry.
What was that line? Actors are just cattle? in Tom DeVocht's piece, that's exactly what DM thought - that he could do the thinking and Tom could carry it out. What a pal. Mimsey

farming-cattle-farmer-country-rural-cow-01232802_low.jpg

Sindy

Crusader
I think OSA has pissed off Tom enough recently that he's giving DM a big "F*ck You! You think you can shudder me into silence?!!! Keep it up and I will reveal more"

Can you expound on what points to this and helps you form this opinion? I see nothing but would love it if that were the case, obviously.

Sindy

Crusader
If only Tom Cruise could suck it up and own it -- admit he was duped like everyone else who has left has had to do (save those few who refuse to).

Yeah, it's harder for him because he will have to admit it to the entire globe. So what though. It will only help him and his career but he most likely cannot see that. He should hire a totally shrewd PR company to manage the whole thing.

Frankly, I think there was/is enough love for Tom Cruise that he could really come out on top and finally live a genuine life, have the relationship he seems to so desperately want but which falls through his fingertips.

It would take incredible personal inspection and humility and boy, it's hard to imagine him willing to go there.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

The "Industry" has morphed over many years...and are HUGE corporations now. They all got involved with the Stock Game....and the "Studios" are now all swallowed up by much bigger fish.

HBO.....will probably be spun off this year or next...by Time Warner....and will become its own Stock listed Company...(with controlling interest still owned by Time Warner...via stock.)

The Cable industry...such as Comcast Cable.....made so much money...they started producing there own shows...and made more money and then turned to Hollywood with all that cash and business/stock clout....and actually bought a film studio....NBC Universal.

Sumner Redstone and his National Amusement Company...came to Hollywood and bought Paramount....and is personally worth 6.4 Billion

Barry Dillard.....swung many many deals.....In Hollywood...and the Cable industry....and is worth personally 2.4 Billion

The CEO of the Seagram's Corporation...and head of one of the largest family fortunes of the world....came to Hollywood with around 9 Billion dollars...and trying and did buy his way into a Studio....and lost. He lost one of the biggest fortunes the world had ever seen.

Prior to that, another Corporation, Matsuhita, (spelling) of Japan, came to Hollywood and also bought a Studio...and they lost big time too.

Sony came to town...and bought Columbia Studio...and they have survived...but had decades of problems.....but very deep Corporate Pockets...and paid a heave price to buy into the Hollywood Game.

IMO....Tom Cruise is a small fry in this arena. He is not a business man like these guys....he is an actor.

Despite what many have posted here...about TC...and his Box Office ...in Asia and such....again...he is just an actor....and not a business man.

He doesn't have enough money to buy himself into any of these Hollywood Games....

I'm not in a position to estimate how much public pull TC has left nowadays, but I still remember that disgusted feeling that I had while reading that Guido Westerwelle, in a big, glitzy ceremony, gave him the symbolic Golden Key Of Berlin.

I can only hope that the German government has no politicians left who would go so low in prostituting themselves.

But then, seeing what goes around politically in my country, I better don't hold my hopes too high. :eyeroll:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
If only Tom Cruise could suck it up and own it -- admit he was duped like everyone else who has left has had to do (save those few who refuse to).

Yeah, it's harder for him because he will have to admit it to the entire globe. So what though. It will only help him and his career but he most likely cannot see that. He should hire a totally shrewd PR company to manage the whole thing.

Frankly, I think there was/is enough love for Tom Cruise that he could really come out on top and finally live a genuine life, have the relationship he seems to so desperately want but which falls through his fingertips.

It would take incredible personal inspection and humility and boy, it's hard to imagine him willing to go there.

Imo, it would be a very savvy move on his part to bolt - now. The timing is perfect, though would require some careful managing.

Will it/could it happen? Hey I've seen stranger things happen in life so I'm not going to be surprised either way - (he stays, he leaves).

Leland

Crusader
I have seen 2 photographs....that show, first a very young Miscavige.....on a Cult movie set...looking through a camera...perhaps age 12?

and a second photograph....that was shown at a cult event...of Miscavige around 18 or so....on a Cult movie set with Hubbard....

Perhaps...David Miscavige does consider himself to be "in the movie industry." He is crazy enough for that to be true.

Sure the Cult makes tons of shorts....and perhaps DB micro manages this.....and can turn out a "short" dissemination or training film...

It appears from Cult photos, that DB has been involved in "Golden Era Productions" for decades.....

AND the Cult does have many actors in the fold, as Cult members.

And DM and TC are shown to be buddies....

But these points in no way add up to the Cult, or DB, or TC or Gold Base......being players in "the INDUSTRY." They just aren't.

If any of them think so....IMO, they are either living in a fantasy world...or are hallucinating....or just plain crazy...

Edited: I had never really considered the Film output of the Cult of any great consequence. I suppose since I left the cult in 2001....they have put out some fancy videos...and TV ads and such ....that I am not familiar with....

To me....Gold Era....was more about the reproduction of the taped lectures of LRH...

But: La Fatty.....was very interested in sound and tape and film and video....technologies.

I recall when "Clear Sound" came out. I recall, on the BC tapes....La Fatty getting some cutting edge TV video equipment lent to him by some guy in East Grindstead...that owned a TV retail shop.

I suppose that DM, at Hubbard's side...and on "the set" with Hubtub at these Cult shoots.....made him think he was "in the film game."

Perhaps DB did learn some things from Hubbard....The Cult did do their own costume design...and sets....and lighting...and the whole 9 yards.....

But certainly Hubbard nor the Cult could not ever be considered as having ever been "in the industry...." OR even a part of it...They just aren't.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
I'm not in a position to estimate how much public pull TC has left nowadays, but I still remember that disgusted feeling that I had while reading that Guido Westerwelle, in a big, glitzy ceremony, gave him the symbolic Golden Key Of Berlin.

I can only hope that the German government has no politicians left who would go so low in prostituting themselves.

But then, seeing what goes around politically in my country, I better don't hold my hopes too high. :eyeroll:

It has been said that Hollywood Stars...are America's "Royalty."

Of course....a big Hollywood Star...like TC has clout. Of course...he could probably get a great table in a restaurant.....even if he showed up without a reservation....OR....I'm sure some politicians....wouldn't mind having a photo op with him.....I'm sure he could get money to make a film.....if he found a script he liked....

But, this is not the same type of clout as controlled by the CEOs and Board Members in the Film Industry....

The business people that RUN and OWN the Film Industry....operate in a completely different league.

The Mission Impossible "Franchise" is OWNED by a corporation. Of course I don't know the details...but it is either owned by Paramount...which is owned by VIACOM....Which is owned (controlling interest via stock) by Sumner Redstone.

Though TC did get "producer" credit on the last one, I think.....he is just an actor in the film.....and not part of the "big picture" of a film as a business venture. In other words a film as a dollars and cents business venture.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just saw this new TWEET by Tom devocht.

Hmmmm... I thought they were lightening up on *Dirty tricks*
TOMdeVocht.tires.tweet.jpg

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Barry Dillard.....swung many many deals.....In Hollywood...and the Cable industry....and is worth personally 2.4 Billion

Sony came to town...and spent 3.4 Billion dollars and bought Columbia Studio...and they have survived...but had decades of problems.....but very deep Corporate Pockets...and paid a heave price to buy into the Hollywood Game.

I really don't know a lot about this subject, but I have a feeling you're right.

If the movie was stoppable by any of these people, it wouldn't have gotten this far. It wouldn't have made it to Sundance. It wouldn't have made it to any theaters. It might not have even been finished.

The fact that it's gotten as far as it's gotten, means Cruise and Travolta and COS combined can do fuck all to stop it.

Leland

Crusader
I really don't know a lot about this subject, but I have a feeling you're right.

If the movie was stoppable by any of these people, it wouldn't have gotten this far. It wouldn't have made it to Sundance. It wouldn't have made it to any theaters. It might not have even been finished.

The fact that it's gotten as far as it's gotten, means Cruise and Travolta and COS combined can do fuck all to stop it.

Here's a short business overview of the Corporation called Viacom....

Take a look at that....and compare it's "footprint" to that of Tom Cruise...or DB ....or the Cult....and you will see what I'm talking about. There is no comparison....as to clout, or any other yardstick one might like to use...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Viacom_Inc.aspx

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Here's a short business overview of the Corporation called Viacom....

Take a look at that....and compare it's "footprint" to that of Tom Cruise...or DB ....or the Cult....and you will see what I'm talking about. There is no comparison....as to clout, or any other yardstick one might like to use...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Viacom_Inc.aspx

Yeah. My "wog" husband made the comment this morning:

"Any of these people think they're gonna be able to take on HBO? Time Warner?

"Fuck. They're screwed."

:)

I think you're right - their legal beagles vetted the film and they went with it. Every squawk by the church, every teeth gnashing, hand wringing, teary eyed, petulant response by the church is music to their ears. Ka Ching! Free publicity.

See, that's why I was gob smacked those idiots pulled "the Interview" release - what the hell were they thinking? So what if it was lame? At least it could have pulled down a lot of cash. But no. Kim Jong-un was going to nuke Sony if the film got released. As If!

Where was Les Grossman when they needed him?

Tom-Cruise-in-Tropic-Thunder-tom-cruise-29526890-1280-720.jpg

Leland

Crusader
Yeah. My "wog" husband made the comment this morning:

"Any of these people think they're gonna be able to take on HBO? Time Warner?

"Fuck. They're screwed."

:)

Interesting Lulu Belle. I made a "mistake" above.....and spoke about Viacom, instead of Time Warner.

But your reply sparked an idea.

What if Time Warner, thru its whole owned subsidiary, HBO.....is messing with one of its competitors, Viacom, owner of Paramount and the "Mission Impossible" franchise....by backing this new Documentary....

It is possible....Hmmmmm? :unsure:

Certainly these huge conglomerates play games too.....

I had thought that above posts were saying that TC through his Paramount "Connections" could somehow influence or use his "clout" in the industry to pull some strings at Time Warner and HBO.....as far as their roster of film releases....

That would never happen,,,,,,IMO

Leland

Crusader
One more post about TC's "clout" and I'll leave this topic alone.

Just want to try to put some perspective on this idea.

From 1996 to 2011 ...4 Mission Impossible films were released. (another one is coming soon.)

The total gross income from ALL 4 of those films was $2,096,647,856. Yes, a lot of money, and very successful.

BUT....compare this to the parent corporation....Viacom.

In just the last quarterly period...the 4th quarter of 2014...Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec.....Viacom earned:

$3.99 Billion.

So to recap......Viacom made more money in 4 months than the "Mission Impossible" Franchise made in 19 years.

Viacom made almost twice as much money in 4 months...that "mission impossilbe" made in 19 years....

There is just no "clout" comparison....between the two...