What's new

John Travolata is a selfish coward

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
John Travolata is a selfish coward.

In addition, for those who are, or ever were, Scientlogists, he is a no-confont, First Dynamic obsessed, "only one."

A recent Tampa Bay Times article, with my brief comments at the end.

John Travolta says he's happy with Scientology, won't see 'Going Clear'

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-d...with-scientology-wont-see-going-clear/2224359

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

John Travolta said Monday he hasn't viewed the HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, currently shining an accusatory light on his church.

"No, I haven't," the star of Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction said in a telephone interview, "and I don't really care to."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

"I haven't experienced anything that the hearsay has (claimed), so why would I communicate something that wasn't true for me?" Travolta said. "It wouldn't make sense, nor would it for Tom, I imagine."

Travolta called Going Clear a product of "people who were disgruntled with their experiences" with Scientology, while the church "has been nothing but brilliant for me."

"I've been so happy with my (Scientology) experience in the last 40 years," he said, "that I really don't have anything to say that would shed light on (a documentary) so decidedly negative.

"I've been brought through storms that were insurmountable, and (Scientology has) been so beautiful for me, that I can't even imagine attacking it."

One turbulent time for Travolta was the 2009 death of his son, Jett, after a seizure while on holiday in the Bahamas.

"Oh, my god, I wouldn't have made it" without the church's assistance, Travolta said. "Honestly."

The two-time Oscar nominee claimed to have used Scientology to aid others in crisis, another reason he won't see Going Clear.

"I've helped so many people through hard times," Travolta said. "Loss of children, loved ones, physical illnesses. Through many tough, tough life situations I've used the technology to support them and help them. It's always worked.

"So, why would I even approach a negative perspective? That would be a crime to me, personally, to do that."

Travolta might want to re-tread Student Hat, and word clear the word "hearsay." First hand accounts are not hearsay.

How could Travolta possibly know if something is "true for him" if he is unwilling to confront it or even look at it?

As long as the Church of Scientology has has made him happy, he doesn't give a shit what it has done to anyone else. He doesn't want to hear it.

Coward.

Selfish coward.

EDITED TO ADD:

https://twitter.com/alexgibneyfilm/status/585266694458748929

attachment.php

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Travolata is a selfish coward.

In addition, for those who are, or ever were, Scientlogists, he is a no-confont, First Dynamic obesessed, "only one."

A recent Tampa Bay Times article, with my brief comments at the end.

John Travolta says he's happy with Scientology, won't see 'Going Clear'

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-d...with-scientology-wont-see-going-clear/2224359

John Travolta said Monday he hasn't viewed the HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, currently shining an accusatory light on his church.

"No, I haven't," the star of Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction said in a telephone interview, "and I don't really care to."

"I haven't experienced anything that the hearsay has (claimed), so why would I communicate something that wasn't true for me?" Travolta said. "It wouldn't make sense, nor would it for Tom, I imagine."

Travolta called Going Clear a product of "people who were disgruntled with their experiences" with Scientology, while the church "has been nothing but brilliant for me."

"I've been so happy with my (Scientology) experience in the last 40 years," he said, "that I really don't have anything to say that would shed light on (a documentary) so decidedly negative.

"I've been brought through storms that were insurmountable, and (Scientology has) been so beautiful for me, that I can't even imagine attacking it."

One turbulent time for Travolta was the 2009 death of his son, Jett, after a seizure while on holiday in the Bahamas.

"Oh, my god, I wouldn't have made it" without the church's assistance, Travolta said. "Honestly."

The two-time Oscar nominee claimed to have used Scientology to aid others in crisis, another reason he won't see Going Clear.

"I've helped so many people through hard times," Travolta said. "Loss of children, loved ones, physical illnesses. Through many tough, tough life situations I've used the technology to support them and help them. It's always worked.

"So, why would I even approach a negative perspective? That would be a crime to me, personally, to do that."

Travolta might want to re-tread Student Hat, and word clear the word "hearsay." First hand accounts are not hearsay.

How could Travolta possibly know if something is "rue for him" if he is unwilling to confront it or even look at it?

As long as the Church of Scientology has has made him happy, he doesn't give a shit what it has done to anyone else. He doesn't want to hear it.

Coward.

Selfish coward.

I guess nobody ever said he was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Luckily, I don't see anyway for him (or the others) to be able to weeny out of this thing for much longer...

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
"What's true for me is true"; How can someone believe that and yet disregard what's true for someone else? This must be believed in such a self involved state of mind that it would translate to "The only thing that matters is what I believe" or some slanted view on reality comparable to "it's only about what I experience". Is this another end phenomena of the tech mechanics?

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"Travolta, 61, keeps a primary residence in Ocala, often visiting Clearwater for Scientology training at the church's headquarters. Five days a week, when he isn't making a movie somewhere too far away to commute."

The OSTRICH RUNDOWN???

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
<snip>

How could Travolta possibly know if something is "true for him" if he is unwilling to confront it or even look at it?

Coward.

Selfish coward.

A blackmailed selfish coward. And without any seeming understanding of how much more this will cost him credibility and respect than any info the cult might have on him. Truly 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer' (Thrak :) )

Blanky

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
A blackmailed selfish coward. And without any seeming understanding of how much more this will cost him credibility and respect than any info the cult might have on him. Truly 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer' (Thrak :) )

Blanky

Yes he does fly jets so he's not stupid but he's just extremely well drilled in Ostrich Tech. Wether it's blackmail or he's just too old and it would cause too many problems to look maybe we'll never know. Nothing can sink the unsinkable Titanic-ology. It's like it has to sink but it'll never sink. It just doesn't make sense. We can only gape in disbelief.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
John Travolta is like the second best friend of a dying king. He's been allowed a privileged life, he's been allowed a few forbidden pleasures but soon that king will have no influence, he will be out of the way and all the testosterone drenched relatives will be fighting to take over. His future is uncertain, and he doesn't want it to change. He can't watch that documentary, it would pull more than just a rug from under his feet, and he knows it.

Realising just how wrong I'd been for decades wasn't easy for me, or any of us. JT invested a lot into his scn career and his 'family' life. He was a really beautiful youth at the start and now he's a sad old man, mutton dressed up as lamb. The realisation of the truth is going to hurt enormously. I do feel sorry for him, to play with words from Joni Mitchel, ''he gave them all his pretty years''.

I don't feel sorry for TC, he really sold his soul.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Travolta is like the second best friend of a dying king. He's been allowed a privileged life, he's been allowed a few forbidden pleasures but soon that king will have no influence, he will be out of the way and all the testosterone drenched relatives will be fighting to take over. His future is uncertain, and he doesn't want it to change. He can't watch that documentary, it would pull more than just a rug from under his feet, and he knows it.

Realising just how wrong I'd been for decades wasn't easy for me, or any of us. JT invested a lot into his scn career and his 'family' life. He was a really beautiful youth at the start and now he's a sad old man, mutton dressed up as lamb. The realisation of the truth is going to hurt enormously. I do feel sorry for him, to play with words from Joni Mitchel, ''he gave them all his pretty years''.

I don't feel sorry for TC, he really sold his soul.

Travolta has enough money to buy whatever reality he wants. Even if DM gets the boot he would just act shocked and embrace the new guy. I think he just has too much invested to change at this point.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes JT, Scientology has been so beautiful for you. Oh, I see you give the cult credit for getting you through the turbulent time regarding the death of your beloved son Jett. Hmmmmm....

That is an odd thing to say since it was the beliefs of Scientology that KILLED him. I make no apologies for saying this because it's damn true and deep down you know it.

All of his life you and your koolaid drinking wife denied that Jett had autism, a very treatable condition. Your own brother begged you for years to get Jett the medical treatment he needed.

But no, your stupid fucking Scientology belief says there's no such thing as autism. It's just a disease made up by the psychs. Instead you and your wife blamed it on some cleaning chemicals that he came in contact with as a young child.

What a tragedy. No, medical treatment wouldn't have cured Jett of autism. But it would've given him an extended life. It would've helped to lessen and perhaps even eliminate the seizures. It was a massive seizure that killed him.

You almost quit the cult after he died. Oh yes. Don't deny it. But the cult along with your cold hearted, mindfucked wife "handled" you. You grieved heavily. You showed signs of being a normal, compassionate human being. You reached out to your non-cult friends. Asked people of other "religions" to pray for you.

But oh your wife got your ass into session didn't she? Now you're a cold, unhuman, cultie again. A Homo Novis.

Makes me wanna puke.

I'm sure you've heard that the film calls you out for turning your back on your friend Spanky Taylor.

I hope you somehow learn to be a real human one day JT before you're too old and full of dementia to change. But probably not.

Again, such a shame. Your son could be alive right now still if you weren't a "Homo Novis".

More like Homo Novice.:bong:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
If John Travolta honestly believes that his regurgitation of the OSA talking point will end the controversy surrounding Scientology, he is sadly mistaken.

The questions are just beginning and will become much more pointed and accusatory.

He is absolutely a selfish coward.

His decision to pretend that all is well inside the bubble will not survive its first encounter with a real journalist.

The issue is not his career as an actor. It is his repute as a decent human being which he is shedding faster than a snake sheds its skin.

In its place we see Homo Novus; cold, calculating, & indifferent to his friend's suffering.

Last edited:

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
I feel the same way about bacon. However, I do heed the medical community's warning of its ability to clog arteries over prolonged usage. To ignore that would just be stupid.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I feel the same way about bacon. However, I do heed the medical community's warning of its ability to clog arteries over prolonged usage. To ignore that would just be stupid.

Yes but Ron never said anything about bacon...

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
John is a fine example of the end phenomena of the tech - utter disregard for the humanity of non members, similar to ISIS.:omg:
But beyond this he exemplifies another ep of the public pc tech - utter selfishness. "The eight dynamics are MY dynamics, right?

"My cat is well and happy so my 5th dynamic is in affluence", as my(his) lifestyle destroys the environment.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Travolta has enough money to buy whatever reality he wants. Even if DM gets the boot he would just act shocked and embrace the new guy. I think he just has too much invested to change at this point.

He would be relieved! Shallow waters this hardcore bunch of celebs, real shallow.:yes:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Remember how Mike Rinder said in Going Clear that he was lying when he said everything was fine? I assume it's similar for JT. They've been handling and coercing him for years.

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
But no, your stupid fucking Scientology belief says there's no such thing as autism. It's just a disease made up by the psychs.

Actually, that isn't true, from my experience. I have an autistic younger sister. When I was a PC at the ASHO HGC, there was a woman there with an autistic daughter, and both were receiving auditing. I was also acquainted with Chaka Khan's brother-in-law, who was a Scientologist (don't know if he still is), and he had an autistic son. I believe Sara Goldberg even has an autistic granddaughter. (I looked at her daughter's Facebook profile, and one of the groups she was a member of was "treating autism through diet" or something like that.) Point is, from my experience, Scientologists have never denied that neurological conditions like autism or Alzheimer's exist.

Instead you and your wife blamed it on some cleaning chemicals that he came in contact with as a young child.

I'm surprised they didn't blame it on the vaccines. My experience is that Scientologists tend to be anti-vaxxers.

What a tragedy. No, medical treatment wouldn't have cured Jett of autism. But it would've given him an extended life. It would've helped to lessen and perhaps even eliminate the seizures. It was a massive seizure that killed him.

The story that the Travoltas gave was that they had taken Jett off the medication because it was no longer working. I'm certainly no expert on epilepsy, but I do know that sometimes, when medications don't work, parents have to resort to a ketogenic diet to prevent seizures. Maybe that's what the Travoltas were trying?

I can only speak from my own experience. When my dad had Alzheimer's, my sister at first refused to put him on medication. But when she hired ex-Gold staff to be his caregivers, they insisted on putting him on psych drugs. Sometimes, there's just no getting around using psych drugs.

I'm sure that whatever the Travoltas were doing, they were consulting with a doctor. Now, it's possible that the doctor was giving them bad medical advice.

Its not that I'm trying to defend Travolta, but without more information, I'd rather not jump to assumptions.

Have you been privy to inside information?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
What is Kawasaki syndrome?

Actor John Travolta says that his son, who was found dead last week, suffered from this inflammatory disorder. Did it play a role in the teen's death?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-kawasaki-syndrome/

WebMD asked Kawasaki disease expert Nathan Litman, MD, chief of infectious disease and director of pediatrics at New York's Montefiore Medical Center.

"I am unaware of any association of Kawasaki disease with seizures," Litman tells WebMD.

John Travolta has said in interviews that his son had
Kawasaki disease w
hen he was about 2 years old. In an interview with CNN's Larry King in 2001, Travolta expressed the opinion that the illness was brought on by Jett's overexposure to cleaning products, particularly carpet cleaner.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20090105/kawasaki-disease-no-travolta-death-link