What's new

Church of Scientology spied on father of Scientology leader David Miscavige

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

^^^^ This rocks. This is the real story.

Excerpt:
The two left the church and Ronald says his son was afraid "he would speak with the media about the inner workings of the church and David's abuse of members." That's why David hired Powell to follow his father.

^^^ THIS ... This is inurement and should be reported to the IRS.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
^^^ THIS ... This is inurement and should be reported to the IRS.

The IRS is well aware of the many unethical practices of the cult since Operation Snow White, but they don't seem willing to examine the tax-exempt issue because they know the response will be a massive hill of litigation from the cult.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
The IRS is well aware of the many unethical practices of the cult since Operation Snow White, but they don't seem willing to examine the tax-exempt issue because they know the response will be a massive hill of litigation from the cult.

Times, they are a changin'

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Seriously, go the TMZ article and look at the photos.

TMZ: DAVID MISCAVIGE Father Tailed By P.I.s WITH HUGE ARSENAL (PHOTOS)

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/15/scientology-david-miscavige-ronald-guns-silencer-ammo-surveillance/

Direct Link to Photos: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2015/04/15/scientology-private-investigator-gun-police-photos/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The private investigators who were tailing the father of Scientology leader David Miscavige were carrying a shocking stash of guns and ammo, including an ominous silencer.

As TMZ reported, Ronald Miscavige -- who claims David kicked him out of the Church -- was tailed for a year-and-a-half by a father/son P.I. team. Cops arrested the father, Dwayne Powell, and found the weapons in his car.

Powell and his son claim they were hired by the Church to follow and even harass Ronald to make sure he didn't do anything to embarrass Scientology. David Miscavige denies he hired the P.I.s or even knew them.

Take a look at the photos. They're scary.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/15/scientology-david-miscavige-ronald-guns-silencer-ammo-surveillance/

Direct Link to Photos: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2015/04/15/scientology-private-investigator-gun-police-photos/

The private investigators who were tailing the father of Scientology leader David Miscavige were carrying a shocking stash of guns and ammo, including an ominous silencer.

As TMZ reported, Ronald Miscavige -- who claims David kicked him out of the Church -- was tailed for a year-and-a-half by a father/son P.I. team. Cops arrested the father, Dwayne Powell, and found the weapons in his car.

Powell and his son claim they were hired by the Church to follow and even harass Ronald to make sure he didn't do anything to embarrass Scientology. David Miscavige denies he hired the P.I.s or even knew them.

End of the audio track at that link: "Davy [Miscavige] has every reason to be afraid, he's a terrible person."

Spot on! :thumbsup: :hysterical:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
and I was JUST about to ask if anyone not on an iPad could screen shot those pictures of what was found in the rental car! (I'm assuming TMZ took care of that..tmz crashes my iPad)

EDIT: I see them now via TMZ..got on the real computer for a spin!

I read every page of that police report, and it was spooky enough.. Anyone who hasn't read the police report should and now you have illustrations!

Final thought, this PI was a gun nutter & former correctional officer..it doesn't take much mentally to be a CO, just sayin'!

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Replying to my own comment to provide a sample. There are many more pictures at the above link.

0415-scientology-private-investigator-gun-photos-launch-3.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

During the time I worked for OSA & seveal PIs, mostly with ex-LAPD cop Eugene Ingram (who carried a concealed weapon), I've never known cult PIs to carry such a large arsenal of weapons & ammo while working a surveillance op. I've never known a PI to fill empty OJ bottles with gasoline.

I'm very curious how this guy managed to work for the cult for over 9 years. Many of the cult's PIs are ex-cops that know full well the felonious nature of transporting guns across state lines (in this case, multiple state lines). Why the feds let him off with a hand slap requires further investigation, especially how quickly the cult was to act hiring a seasoned, expensive attorney to jump on the case & represent him & then dump him when they had the chance.

It smacks of some friendly mutual back slapping between the feds & OSA attorneys. It also leaves me wondering whether Powell was sent to eliminate Miscavige, Sr. versus watching him.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Stroumpf! You have something there there is loads of interesting inferences that can be drawn from this sudden burst of confidential info voluntered by $ciloonery PIs: walk like a duck, quack like a duck.....:eyeroll:
All paid from PUBLIC DONATIONS!

MissWog

During the time I worked for OSA & seveal PIs, mostly with ex-LAPD cop Eugene Ingram (who carried a concealed weapon), I've never known cult PIs to carry such a large arsenal of weapons & ammo while working a surveillance op. I've never known a PI to fill empty OJ bottles with gasoline.

I'm very curious how this guy managed to work for the cult for over 9 years. Many of the cult's PIs are ex-cops that know full well the felonious nature of transporting guns across state lines (in this case, multiple state lines). Why the feds let him off with a hand slap requires further investigation, especially how quickly the cult was to act hiring a seasoned, expensive attorney to jump on the case & represent him & then dump him when they had the chance.

It smacks of some friendly mutual back slapping between the feds & OSA attorneys. It also leaves me wondering whether Powell was sent to eliminate Miscavige, Sr. versus watching him.
Smurf,
Was this a big "What The Fuck & Why The Fuck" was this guy ever hired, moment for you? Nine years on the payroll (stalking who else??) doing what for 7yrs before this police report.. How many other former prison guard (3rd rate detectives) are waltzing their fancy-ass PI creditials being paid by the 501C3 Church of Scientology?

This entire story speaks volumes and verifies about the priority "Operations" we have all read about Pat Broeker years of surveillance.. But how many other bottom feeding trollers have been hired to stalk in the name of Religious Freedom? This hired dumbass, was on payroll for 9 years, stalking who?

Your experience with OSA sounds higher level... So what & who else where they trailing? It must blow your mind that any jerkoff can be hired as a PI. I'm pretty blown away that they hire former correction officers! And in this case a CO with a record LOL! Seriously, this job is available to anyone with a GED and doesn't mind the commute from home to the prison.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I think Smurf is questioning the credibility of the PI, since the issue and incident of the firearms are such glaring 'outpoints' for someone supposedly on OSA's payroll ( via a law firm most likely ) for 9 years.

I, too, found that incredibly unlikely. Unless the layers of via's was such that the rules got lost along the way from church to paychecks for this guy. Hard to believe but not impossible.

MissWog

I think Smurf is questioning the credibility of the PI, since the issue and incident of the firearms are such glaring 'outpoints' for someone supposedly on OSA's payroll ( via a law firm most likely ) for 9 years.

I, too, found that incredibly unlikely. Unless the layers of via's was such that the rules got lost along the way from church to paychecks for this guy. Hard to believe but not impossible.
Mary,
Did my babbling & rambling loose you? I'm sorry!! That is exactly what I was trying to say! I have been "watching" for so long and always figured the PI teams on payroll were top notch.. I am astounded that this guy was on assignment!

All I can figure, is there are so MANY assignments, they will hire any license they can find for hire.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
There needs to be a Congressional committee that subpoenas all Scientology-hired PIs.
Not only for their dirty deeds but just how much *cherch* money is used on Private Investigators.
The amount of $$$$ vampire-suctioned out of their hapless public is used abundantly on Lawyers and private investigators to firewall their crimes. The figures are staggering.
In 1987 there was an attorney conference put on by the Church ~~ luxury, 5 star. 186 lawyers attended from all countries. That was back in 1987.

The use of PIS against real or imagined enemies is not for the general good and not for the benefit of mankind or the general good which a 501C3 is designed for.

A subpoena from a Congressional Committee is a very high subpoena ~~ and these hearings should air over and over on C-Span. People with *clout* are beginning to call for serious investigations of Scientology Inc's tax exemption

MissWog

There needs to be a Congressional committee that subpoenas all Scientology-hired PIs.
Not only for their dirty deeds but just how much *cherch* money is used on Private Investigators.
The amount of $$$$ vampire-suctioned out of their hapless public is used abundantly on Lawyers and private investigators to firewall their crimes. The figures are staggering.
In 1987 there was an attorney conference put on by the Church ~~ luxury, 5 star. 186 lawyers attended from all countries. That was back in 1987.

The use of PIS against real or imagined enemies is not for the general good and not for the benefit of mankind or the general good which a 501C3 is designed for.

A subpoena from a Congressional Committee is a very high subpoena ~~ and these hearings should air over and over on C-Span. People with *clout* are beginning to call for serious investigations of Scientology Inc's tax exemption

Hi Karen!
I agree with you completely! But how do us "concerned citizens" make that happen?
In general, I don't like congressional hearings as they tend to railroad the other branches of constitutial checks and balance.. But since the Judiciary is placating to an agent (IRS) and the Executive branch is IMO inappropriate to make a stand.. I firmly believe this entire conundrum falls to the Judiciary..but I'd take Congress to get the ball rolling! So how??

But, I love your thinking Karen..I'd like to see the hearings!

http://wymg.com/news/101101-durbin-suggests-congress-stay-out-of-scientology-debate/

to me, this belongs in the Judiciary.. Not Executive & Not Legislative

CommunicatorIC

I didn't find it hard to believe at all. They either didn't tell him not to keep a freaking arsenal in his car or they told him and, him being a know it all gun nut, blew them off. He never thought he would be caught. He thought he was James Bond.

The amount of weaponry and ammunition he kept in his car was nuts for one or even two people. Much more than is needed for a New York reload. And an "Orange juice bottle of gasoline (rear driver side door compartment)"? -- just what you want inside the passenger compartment in case of an accident.

Last edited:

MissWog

I didn't think it hard to believe at all. They either didn't tell him not to keep a freaking arsenal in his car or they told him and, him being a know it all gun nut, blew them off. He never thought he would be caught. He thought he was James Bond.

The amount of weaponry and ammunition he kept in his car was nuts for one or even two people. Much more than is needed for a New York reload. And an "Orange juice bottle of gasoline (rear driver side door compartment)"? -- just what you want inside the passenger compartment in case of an accident.
My guess, they told him 9yrs prior to the report, if at all, and after 9 years without incident..he grew more and more confident that these assignments were nothing and easy money... This pathetic excuse for a private-eye, even forgot he had those guns in his rental car, I guess $10,000 a week would make anyone a bit too comfortable

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Karen!
I agree with you completely! But how do us "concerned citizens" make that happen?
In general, I don't like congressional hearings as they tend to railroad the other branches of constitutial checks and balance.. But since the Judiciary is placating to an agent (IRS) and the Executive branch is IMO inappropriate to make a stand.. I firmly believe this entire conundrum falls to the Judiciary..but I'd take Congress to get the ball rolling! So how??

But, I love your thinking Karen..I'd like to see the hearings!

http://wymg.com/news/101101-durbin-suggests-congress-stay-out-of-scientology-debate/

to me, this belongs in the Judiciary.. Not Executive & Not Legislative

Miss Wog~
You know the one thing we need for starters is an American "Senator Xenophon" in Congress with his wisdom, knowledge and energy.
I will keep my fingers crossed for the victims still entrapped inside and all of us activists.