What's new

Scientologists are planning a documentary on Louis Theroux

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
California law is that only one of the two parties must give consent to recording devices, right?
As I recall, that was correct at one time. It is no longer correct, and has not been for many years.

California generally requires the consent of all parties to confidential communication.

California Penal Code section 632 provides:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=630-638

632. (a) Every person who, intentionally and without the consent of
all parties to a confidential communication, by means of any
electronic amplifying or recording device, eavesdrops upon or records
the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried
on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a
telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be
punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars
($2,500), or imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year,
or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment. If the
person has previously been convicted of a violation of this section
or Section 631, 632.5, 632.6, 632.7, or 636, the person shall be
punished by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), by
imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the
state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

(b) The term "person" includes an individual, business
association, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or
other legal entity, and an individual acting or purporting to act for
or on behalf of any government or subdivision thereof, whether
federal, state, or local, but excludes an individual known by all
parties to a confidential communication to be overhearing or
recording the communication.

(c) The term "confidential communication" includes any
communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate
that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the
parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public
gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or
administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other
circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably
expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

(d) Except as proof in an action or prosecution for violation of
this section, no evidence obtained as a result of eavesdropping upon
or recording a confidential communication in violation of this
section shall be admissible in any judicial, administrative,
legislative, or other proceeding.

(e) This section does not apply (1) to any public utility engaged
in the business of providing communications services and facilities,
or to the officers, employees or agents thereof, where the acts
otherwise prohibited by this section are for the purpose of
construction, maintenance, conduct or operation of the services and
facilities of the public utility, or (2) to the use of any
instrument, equipment, facility, or service furnished and used
pursuant to the tariffs of a public utility, or (3) to any telephonic
communication system used for communication exclusively within a
state, county, city and county, or city correctional facility.

(f) This section does not apply to the use of hearing aids and
similar devices, by persons afflicted with impaired hearing, for the
purpose of overcoming the impairment to permit the hearing of sounds
ordinarily audible to the human ear.

Jump

Operating teatime
Yes. The CULT greatly underestimates the power of Louis Theroux's voice. He is not a single entity. He is a franchise. Doesn't hurt to be UNDERestimated ..

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I just can't wait. Since Louis Theroux has 500,000 fb friends and 1,000,000 twitter followers , this baby is viral before it even leaves the starting blocks.

:hysterical:

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yes. The CULT greatly underestimates the power of Louis Theroux's voice. He is not a single entity. He is a franchise. Doesn't hurt to be UNDERestimated ..

Oh yes. His stories have made me laugh and cry and constantly be in awe of his skill to somehow get people to open up and really show who they are in the most unlikely or scariest of circumstances. I have often thought, when watching him ... "where angels fear to tread..." and yet he pulls it off. I am so looking forward to whatever he has come up with.

Last edited:

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Louis Theroux is my neighbor in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.
I have grown to greatly admire him.

One day I asked him what his most favorite shows of all were.
He said that the one where people were taking experimental drugs to save their lives (cancer) etc ~~ many did die anyway.
I subsequently found the video on YouTube.

He also said he did one on Las Vegas with a very high net worth gambler ~~ how he lived, how he spent $$$ in Las Vegas and how they received him. I found that one too on YouTube. There is a such a versatility and spectrum in his interviews. He has over 1/2 million LIKES on his Facebook page.
DSCN1055.jpg

Day2LouisKaren.jpg

Karen, I am SO JEALOUS. I absolutey LOVE Louis Theroux. I went on a huge binge watch of everything on Youtube a few months ago. He's so good, and so cute and cuddly like a puppy dog. That's how he gets inside these places I think.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I believe the quote in Sun Tzu's Art of War goes something like this: "When you are weak appear strong and when you are strong appear weak".

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sure. Why not do the same exact thing you just did for the last couple of months -- that completely blew up in your face --- even possibly getting millions (yes millions) more to watch Gibney's documentary than would have watched it otherwise. You just got through all of that and now you want to do it AGAIN? How about a break from your insanity for like a minute?

I think they've gone so mad that they cannot sit still in any calm, quiet space for even a second lest the horror of what they've been doing engulf them and eat them alive.

Moving, moving, moving, hurry, hurry, hurry, emergency, emergency, emergency, don't stop, can't stop, can't breathe, "god dammit, who drank COB's water?" "fuck!", go, go, go....must create madness, must spew hate, must say SOMETHING, ANYTHING against these SPS.

My opinion is that they cannot sustain this constant creation of seething hate much longer. Something has to give.

Until then, they'll surely catapult Louis Theroux's documentary into mainstream public view in no time.

Scientologists, what technical detail has failed you?
^^^this!!
I am only 4 posts into this thread of multile pages..but ^^^above^^^ is a perfect discription of what a liar feels and acts out in a state of panic..I don't need to have been a Scientologist to know that.

MissWog

Louis looks soft, he comes across as a bubbly puppy I think the cherch see him as easy. I think they're in for a big surprise, he's not the fluffy bumbling simpleton they think he is. Under that kitten-like exterior he has balls of steel and plenty of brain power too.
I consider myself a documentary connoisseur and I had never heard of him until one day on Tony's blog..and I have made an absolute point to never go seek any of his films since that day. The way he was described, as to make the subjects comfortable & mock them at the same time.. I'm over the rainbow.. I don't want to see any of his work before this! After, I will devoir every doc I can get my stream on!! :clap::clap::clap:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
If California is a "one party permission" state - which I am pretty sure it is - then Scientology would be the one person giving permission. And the permission of the second party would not be needed.

You're confusing federal law (one-party consent) to state law. In California, it is two-party consent. And, no, the cult does not inform members their sessions are being recorded.

Illegal under federal law? No. Using it as a weapon to intimate & blackmail? Yes.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Shut up! Justin?! Oh my gawwd! So are they breaking up or what???

Welcome to the world of Hollywood media gossip. We'll never know until one of them announces it. Their are multiple articles on them breaking up published on the same day that others claim Jen is busy planning a Summer wedding. Is she pregnant or not? :confused2:

I suspect their plans have been delayed to issues over the pre-nup, which is always a "true love" killer in Hollywierd.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...aggling-110m-prenup-not-set-wedding-date.html

Have you seen Justin's brother?? HOT.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Sebastian+Theroux/Justin+Theroux+Out+Stroll+New+York/zNi3AxGaumG

MissWog

Welcome to the world of Hollywood media gossip. We'll never know until one of them announces it. Their are multiple articles on them breaking up published on the same day that others claim Jen is busy planning a Summer wedding. Is she pregnant or not? :confused2:

I suspect their plans have been delayed to issues over the pre-nup, which is always a "true love" killer in Hollywierd.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...aggling-110m-prenup-not-set-wedding-date.html

Have you seen Justin's brother?? HOT.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Sebastian+Theroux/Justin+Theroux+Out+Stroll+New+York/zNi3AxGaumG
Smurf,
I was totally joking around.. I won't give a fuck about their real life until she is forced to have an abortion.
Although, I would like to know where Ellen told Jenn to vacation and then Justin told Howard & Beth..only because I'd like to vacation there myself..I can afford it, just sayin' .. Sounds super swanky but where????

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf,
I was totally joking around.. I won't give a fuck about their real life until she is forced to have an abortion. Although, I would like to know where Ellen told Jenn to vacation and then Justin told Howard & Beth..only because I'd like to vacation there myself..I can afford it, just sayin' ..

Sounds super swanky but where????

Why would she be forced to get an abortion??? Her vacation spot of choice is Cabo with a group of her celebrity friends, which has included Howard & Beth Stern.:)

jennifer-aniston-justin-theroux-host-hollywood-friends-cabo-mexico-11.jpg

Back to Louis Theroux.. :biggrin: