What's new

ESMB and The Freezone - let's have it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixie

Crusader
I respectfully request exclusion from your generality.

Who is the "we" you refer to?

If you want to set the rules, I suggest you get your own sandbox.

No worries Div6, you are not 'damaged', and I am very happy to hear that. I hereby exclude you from my generality, however last time I looked this was an ex scientology message board, and from my experience, I would have presumed that the majority of us were in fact damaged in some way, perhaps I am wrong here and everyone and everything is just fine and dandy, indeed perhaps I have missed something huge, I may have to read the whole forum again in fact and may have to stand corrected. I have no interest in setting rules, however I am as well as you are, entitled to my opinions. :yes:

Pixie

Crusader
Right. So someone could post "try this FZ thing, it's good it's good, I want you to do it, here are ten gazillion success stories and I will post EACH separately with bells and whistles" but hey, can always hit the ignore key.

:coolwink:

Dear Fluffy, calling someone a 'pig fucker' is a little different than trying to lure someone into yet another cult and blatantly advertising for free don't you agree?

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
reply to Div6

And you base this on what? The FZ forums have been here since the early beginnings. While there have been a few flame fests involving them, for the most part they have been informative and enlightening.
Re-read my post if you did not get it the first time. You may take your scientology information back to your FZ mailing lists.
I would suggest that if you are particularly offended by them that you start your own board according to your own definitions. ESMB tries to keep a big umbrella, cause it is a big world...
IMHO

This is the Ex-Scientologist Message Board. It is the message board for those are OUT of scientology. If that offends you, take your wares and hit the road.
Smitty

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to Div6

I respectfully request exclusion from your generality.

Who is the "we" you refer to?

If you want to set the rules, I suggest you get your own sandbox.

Div6, please retreat to the freezone sandbox where you exclude folks in the Independent Field. We are Ex-Scientologists here and are not interested in the crap you have to peddle.
Smitty

acertainratio

Patron with Honors
Dear Fluffy, calling someone a 'pig fucker' is a little different than trying to lure someone into yet another cult and blatantly advertising for free don't you agree?

If anyone called somebody that I would be the first to object.

Especially if to a moderator:omg:

M

Moderator 3

If anyone called somebody that I would be the first to object.

Especially if to a moderator:omg:

Just to fall out of character for a moment, a MODERATOR who would object to being called a pig fucker wouldn't be much of a moderator :)

Feel free to call the moderators names. That's the job.

Thor

acertainratio

Patron with Honors
This thread has opened my eyes.

20 years ago, I did my OT levels in the FZ.

It was fun.

You know what?

The FZ has gone the way of the church and can't cope with criticism.

So here ya go Freezone:

OT11us, popeonaropus, ptstypthreeus excommunicatus - I hereby disconnect from you - except for OT9 which was fun.

Pixie

Crusader
It's us being saved from our badness. We should be grateful that someone of such lofty elevation and discernment has deemed to spend thirty seconds considering the matter.

Rohan has been RPF'd.

But all the best people end up there.

:laugh: :laugh: Well said, but I'm glad it's only twenty four hours and they've not got him running around some pole somewhere. And perhaps giving the matter a whole thirty seconds to consider is a slight improvement to the cult's time spent deciding somone's fate. :thumbsup: Indeed they do end up there, the creme de la creme.. :no:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Yeah, calling someone a pig fucker would be unbelievably disgusting and a total breach of the rules of conduct. Right now, til things change, proselytizing isn't disallowed on the forum. Also FZ isn't a cult, it's just a looseknit band of independent practitioners.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
We are all totally and utterly damaged beyond words as a result of a mindbending cult, .....

Pixie, Could I exclude myself from that 'we' as well?

I can thing of many things other than Scientology that I would rather have been doing over the past 20 years, but I can't say that it was all bad.

I don't want to start spouting Nietzsche ("What does not destroy me .." etc), but I like to try and take the positives out of my experiences. OK, I made some mistakes and got some crappy treatment, but it's all part of life's rich tapestry to me. Besides, if I dwell on the negatives, I'd probably go mad. Er, madder than I am already.

I know that not everyone here feels that way, most have good reason to be very angry. But the way I look at it, the CoS might have messed you up royally in the past - don't let them continue to do so by holding onto the upset. If you want to get back at them, show them you don't need them anymore and live a successful life.

Don't mean to preach to anyone, that's just my opinion.

Axiom142

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
This thread has opened my eyes.

20 years ago, I did my OT levels in the FZ.

It was fun.

You know what?

The FZ has gone the way of the church and can't cope with criticism.

So here ya go Freezone:

OT11us, popeonaropus, ptstypthreeus excommunicatus - I hereby disconnect from you - except for OT9 which was fun.

There isn't really any such thing. It's just a name for a bunch of independent practitioners.

Of course, I stopped calling myself one a few years ago but that's cuz I'm an ornery beeyatch. Despite this, I've become, in some circles, the secondary (Terril being the first) bogeyperson/symbol of the entire FZ. :blush: :thumbsup:

Pixie

Crusader
I have been requested to post this:

Thor,

You were out of line deleting my post and banning me. The title of the thread clearly says: "...let's have it out!"

You did it because you are pre-disposed and biased toward these controversial Freezone issues. My guess is that you are a Freezoner. In any case, you are unqualified to be Moderating this thread, this individual forum and ESMB as a whole.

I'll get to the bottom of this.

Roan
Forward Message

Terril park

Sponsor
They'd be slaughtered, but I suppose it would be fun to see them try. My first question to them would be, "why are you still trying to clear the planet when you can't even get your own Grade 0 in with other CofS staffers?"

Years ago on beliefnet they were. But a few very nice people
really put in a good word for the COS. Forgotten their handles,
" Veteran " was one as I recall. Myself Alanzo and Fluffy and
another who has had a few name changes discussed for quite some time. Then their was he who I always refer to as the
" Mighty" Unindoctrinate. I must post his devastating analysis of KSW 1. I learnt from that.

To quote from the Movie " The last of the Mohicans" " We pounded them into dust".

The best " pounder" was Unindoctrinate. He was at that time still connected to COS but.... Wow! Thinking outside the box.

then OSA PR appeared on ARS for about a week maybe 9 years ago. Total slaughter. Thats all they lasted. Fluffy, still then in COS lasted a year, repelling all boarders so's to speak.

By then we were friends and I witnessed her distress at
the way she was treated, when asked to cease posting in support of COS. Goldenrod followed.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Pixie, Could I exclude myself from that 'we' as well?

Yeah, me too. John and I are extremely angry at CofS. Just about every time it comes up in conversation, John usually says "those assholes" and sighs. But we don't consider ourselves damaged. Messed with? Yeah! Taken advantage of? Yeah! Do we think some others were damaged by the cult? Yeah!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Thor,

You were out of line deleting my post and banning me. The title of the thread clearly says: "...let's have it out!"

You did it because you are pre-disposed and biased toward these controversial Freezone issues. My guess is that you are a Freezoner. In any case, you are unqualified to be Moderating this thread, this individual forum and ESMB as a whole.

Roan
Forward Message

I've asked myself to post this:

Roan,

Why did you misrepresent my stance and commentary about this issue in your post and call me by that bowdlerization of my nick, then, if you wanted to discuss the matter intro'd in the inaugural post on this thread?

Pixie

Crusader
Yeah, calling someone a pig fucker would be unbelievably disgusting and a total breach of the rules of conduct. Right now, til things change, proselytizing isn't disallowed on the forum. Also FZ isn't a cult, it's just a looseknit band of independent practitioners.

You are entitled to think as you wish Fluffbag, however telling someone they're having a 'friendly fuck' with you saying you apologised when you didn't, having convenient amnesia, and accusing you of being OSA isn't exactly rules of conduct either. And what's worse, it when defending this, it was I who was warned by Thor, not the party who started the spat in the first place.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Thor,

Roan
Forward Message

And quoted in my post to add to its redeeming value here on ESMB.

Roan should not be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.