What's new

ESMB and The Freezone - let's have it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixie

Crusader
Just to fall out of character for a moment, a MODERATOR who would object to being called a pig fucker wouldn't be much of a moderator :)

Feel free to call the moderators names. That's the job.

Thor

:omg: Now I'm REALLY confused.. :confused2: :confused2: This does indeed seem VERY out of character.. :dizzy: :headspin:

Terril park

Sponsor
OK Vittorio, thank you for that and I have taken all your points and feel you have totally redemed yourself IMO. What you say is correct, he has shown himself for what he is, and I am sure that if a new person came to this board and given enough time to catch up, they would see Terril's blatant rudeness and puffed up ego in the extreme. I understand he is not the whole 'voice' of the freezone, however it does give a very bad impression of a group that most exes would be suspicious of anyway. Thank you for such an honest posting.

We agreed " peace".

I also said you want to rant, have at me. :)

Glad to see you took me seriously. :)

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
reply to Div6

Baaaaawwwwwww!
Take your butt-hurt to Emma. Its her board.
Already done.
Ans also, who is "we"?
The Ex-Scientologists who this board was set up for.
I'm sorry that you seem to believe this is your personal board.
No, I do not. That is your fantasy.
But we got along just dandy when you weren't here.
And so we will in the future.
A typical scientology brainwash thought pattern. Someone disagrees with the cult indoctrination, so that person is "the who". And according to Hubbard, "fair-gamed". No thank you. Take your scientology brainwash crap back to your rathole email lists.
Smitty

Div6

Crusader
Already done.

The Ex-Scientologists who this board was set up for.

Smitty

And WHO are they? I am one. Declared SP as a matter of fact.

I have no problem with the board the way it is.
I do have a problem with self-appointed strawmen who try to tell me what I can and cannot think/do/say.

Always have and always will.

Terril park

Sponsor
Yes, I agree Paul. I thought we were asked our opinions, and then allowed to state them. I thought at one point it was apparent that everyone agreed that we all respect Emma to make any decision she sees fit. She introduced the moderators a while back. She asked us to respect them. This thread is a train wreck now.

Still trying to catch up!

A fascinating and instructive train wreck though.

Is Thor really a moderator? I thought he
was joking.

Pixie

Crusader
We agreed " peace".

I also said you want to rant, have at me. :)

Glad to see you took me seriously. :)

How could anyone possibly take you seriously Terril Park. You even had the gaul to make out that you apologised for your disgusting accusations and yet in the next breath you conveniently said that you couldn't 'remember' any of it. I have no interest to waste any more energy on someone as covert and two faced as I have personally found you. End off.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
OMG I got to the end!

I think the board is great just the way it is. I see Teril has removed the huge plugs from his sig line and that is a good thing! I think becoming an ex is a gradual process. One that for many begins with being out of the official Cof$. Unsure what of the tech is right/wrong. So they are Ex's, but still consider themselves to be scientologists. Having recently been one of those just described. I am still trying to sort-out things.

The ability to see every facet of Scientology on this board is very useful. I think the FZ Success Stories section could go. There really is no need for that here. I can certainly sympathize with those that vehemently reject anything scientology. But the diversity this board provides is part of its strength and value. There is NO other board like this. It is providing a very valuable function and should not bow to pressures from extremists on either side.

Pixie, I think we understand your upset. I'd like to stop hearing about it though. I remember reading Teril's post to you and I was appalled by it and his "apology" was NOT. It was a brush off, "just fuckin with ya" yeah fuck you Teril. You seem to have MPD from the variety of posts you make here. I think you do a disservice to that which you try to promote. Those that rail against Teril's ability to do what he does should think twice. He's a walking footbullet for the FZ.

I may or may not do FZ services. I know I'm going to do Idenics and Knowledgism. There is really no other place to find out other's experiences with these things than here. Everything is open to discussion, the good the bad the ugly. Pros and cons.

Thank you all

Pixie

Crusader
Yes, I agree Paul. I thought we were asked our opinions, and then allowed to state them. I thought at one point it was apparent that everyone agreed that we all respect Emma to make any decision she sees fit. She introduced the moderators a while back. She asked us to respect them. This thread is a train wreck now.

No one is denying this Good twin, however, respect, begets respect. If a moderator shows little or no respect for some people then they can hardly expect to gain any back. It appears to me that 'Thor' does indeed appear to be protecting the freezerzoners somewhet IMO and this is 'not' acceptable.

The title of the thread is what it is and there are bound to be flaring tempers and much emotions, many from having been stifled from the cult, therefore when such a hot subject is laid on the table, it's almost impossible to expect everyone to 'be on their best behaviour'.

Human emotions are very deep things and contain much energy, and sometimes, when the topic brings back some memories, it's difficult to hold back. This thread is not a 'trainwreck' as you describe it, it is merely healthy debate. No one is disrespecting Emma or questioning any of her desicions here, it is merely healthy debate, and if everyone agreed with everyone else, we would have no debate and indeed no forum!

Smitty

reply to Div6

And WHO are they? I am one. Declared SP as a matter of fact.
Declared SP in the cofs. You are a freezone scientologist. Stop trying to obfuscate.
I have no problem with the board the way it is.
I do have a problem with self-appointed strawmen who try to tell me what I can and cannot think/do/say.
Always have and always will.
Many of us here do. Are you a "self-appointed strawman" who is trying to tell us what we can and cannot think/do/say?
Smitty

Ladybird

I had a great time in scientology for many years. I really believed we were making a difference and clearing the planet. It wasn't until I was asked to do something that was out-tech, off policy and just plain WRONG that I rebelled. I was immediately put under a non-enturb order, declared SP and dumped at the bus station in the middle of the night without being allowed to say goodbye to my family, with no money, no ID and nowhere to go except back to the family I had not seen for 15 years.

At first, I was sure it was all a mistake and just some SP on the line who didn't want me to tell on her. Then, I was writing and writing and going for review comm-evs and trying to get it straightened out. I was sure the SPs would be declared and I would get an apology.

After a while I got on the Internet, and read all the stories and websites I could for days and weeks and months. At first it was easy to blame DM and current management.

The more I learned the more I realized it was all a scam, and Hubbard was NOT who he said he was.

It is a pretty big betrayal to find out you have been had by one of the biggest liars and con-men of all time.

You get really mad!

I relate my experience to the KUBLER ROSS "Stages of Greif"

DENIAL- when you still want to believe it isn't true.

ANGER- when you figure out is is true.

BARGAINING-when you try to find a way to salvage something out of it.

DEPRESSION-when you feel really sad and stupid and sorry for ever believing in it.

ACCEPTANCE-when you figure out you can't change the past but you can change the future.

I think alot of the Freezoners are really good and caring people, but they are stuck at one of the stages and aren't willing to look right now. There are a few who are just using the tech and these boards for their own selfish reasons. Those are the ones who jump all over newbies (like they did to me) and troll for customers.

I don't think there IS a baby in the septic tank of scientology. If there ever was, it long ago died of methane gas poisoning.

I agree that scientology management is suppressive, but I take it one step further. I think LRH was the source of all of that suppression.

Maybe some times it helps to offer the "gains" of the "bridge" to someone who thinks the only problem is current management.

But the truth about LRH is even more damning than the truth about current management.

Hubbard was a certifiable paranoid schizophrenic, manic depressive acolyte of Alistair Crowley's satanic cult and a pathological liar of historic proportions.

I do not trust one word he ever wrote (plagiarized), more so because he made up lots of "loaded" words, and redefined lots of other words to mean other than their normal usage.

Fooling around with Hubbard and his tech opens a veritable Pandoras Box of confusion and evil, some of which may not be apparent until years later.

I don't think the Freezone should be allowed to recruit, troll, market and proseltyze all over the board.

I think it is more than generous that they have a tech section and a freezone section here on this board.

If that's not enough, then they should set up their own recruitment sites and message boards with their own moderators so they can tell people what they can and can't say.

Many scientologists of whatever flavor seem to consider any disagreement with the "tech" a personal invalidation of their "beliefs" and rights.

I don't think we should have to tippytoe around their tender feelings all the time, or listen to their Hubbardian "answers" everytime we want to discuss something.

Terril park

Sponsor
Wow!

Reached the end of the thread. IMO its been the best thread on ESMB. People have felt very free to comment.

I shall start another couple of threads for people who wish to address me personally.

Andy warhol promised 15 minutes of fame. Took me a few hours to read this thread and for sure 15 minutes were mine.

Thank you Emma for initiating it.

You Rock!

Must say more somehow but need a beer. :)

This is an exes board and our concern should be to help people recover from Scientology. Freezone discussions should stay in the FZ section and not creep into other threads. IMO

I agree with FTS.

When I came here I was happy to find other exes who I could talk to.

I wanted to get scientology OUT of my head, and as many of you know, that can be difficult and take a long time.

I wanted to talk to ex-scientologists, so I could have somebody who would understand me without having an agenda for me, and for that I thank Emma for the effort.

Then I started to see a lot of threads that wanted to put scientology back IN to my head, so I voted with my feet and stopped coming here.

People who are doing scientology are not ex-scientologists.

People who never were in scientology, but have a noisy, flippant opinion, no matter how well informed they may be and who feel compelled to reply to every damn thread, are not ex-scientologists.

Attention-whore wankers who argue these points ad nauseum... grrrrr. :duh:
but if they do it in a section that's there for them, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.