What's new

Various pics of Scientology in the 80s and 90s, unpublished, until now...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
AtoptheFortHarrison1981.jpg

Sorry Rog, but that get-up always reminds me of this guy:

ming.jpg

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Sorry Rog, but that get-up always reminds me of this guy:

ming.jpg

Paul

Ah, Paul . . . you are too much fun for this board at this time of morning!:morecoffee::bowdown: Though I must say I think you are right . . . I laugh at the rig myself now days!:melodramatic:

At this moment I am still a bit jet-lagged, having returned from my trip to Europe a few nights ago . . . . and recovering from all that delicious wine served up front in 1st class. Dunno what it is, but it seems that if you actually truly appreciate the cabin crew and really thank them for their service . . . umm, they keep wanting to fill your glass with good stuff.

Full report when I catch up on backlog . . . meetings in the town of the BIS were most informative:ohmy:

R

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
I dont think this one has been released before. Here's a photo of LRH officiating at wedding Sept 1962 Founding Church of Scientology, 1812 19th St. NW Washington DC
1qBHceX.jpg

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another pic that hasn't been released before afaik. LRH having just married a couple of staff members at the Founding Church of Scientology, Washington, DC in September 1962. Fred Fairchild was the groom.

9OXmCmc.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Another pic that hasn't been released before afaik. LRH having just married a couple of staff members at the Founding Church of Scientology, Washington, DC in September 1962. Fred Fairchild was the groom.

9OXmCmc.jpg

Is this the Madame Tussaud representation of the event?

Paul

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

9OXmCmc.jpg

The happiness beaming out of their faces is amazing. So theta!

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
Thanks Purple Rain. I try to maintain a glimmer of hope that some day, Melanie will wake up and GTFO. The last I knew she was still an RTC Rep, and in the UK. After all this time, I have no idea how she's managed to maintain a position like that under Miscavige. But I know that she won't last in that environment forever and especially under that kind of stress. Because she was an external RTC Rep for so long, she didn't witness a lot of the attrocities that happened at the base. Maybe that's why she is still in. When she does leave, I would hope that she'd at least want to get back in touch with me. We definitely have some things left unsaid that need to be discussed. After I escaped the base, Ken Hoden finally found me and called me at my Mom's house. I told him all of the reasons I wasn't coming back - all of the abuse, the insanity, the "out-Tech", the "squirrel" ethics handlings, etc. The only thing he said that even made me consider coming back was, "But what about Melanie?" I couldn't take another few years or more of being separated from her. Miscavige sent her off to be an RTC Rep in 1996, and I only got to see her a couple of times between her being sent off, and when I blew in 2000. I wasn't even allowed to go to her mother's funeral when she died of cancer. When Melanie was bucked from a horse in Florida and it had kicked her in the face, she almost died, and had to have reconstructive surgery, I wasn't allowed to go be with her to help her recover, because I "didn't have a replacement." I was able to endure a lot of horrible things there, but when I realized that I would probably never be with her again, that was the final straw.

I feel you. I lost a wife as well. she is still in and up at the base. Crazy to think about. I'm sorry for your loss and understand what it is like to love and have that ripped away from you. Closure is something I would love for you to have. I long for it as well. thnaks again for sharing this.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

9OXmCmc.jpg

Let´s make a poll:
Who is the ugliest and most disgusting person in this picture (already in 1962) ?

BTW, I wonder from where they took the photos of Hubbard for the promos and when they have been made.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I dont think this one has been released before. Here's a photo of LRH officiating at wedding Sept 1962 Founding Church of Scientology, 1812 19th St. NW Washington DC
1qBHceX.jpg
Does anyone know if that is a large Scientology cross on a medallion LRH is wearing? I'm curious if it was something unique and not used by other Scientologists.

Thank you BlacKRob for these photos!

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
What a trip down memory lane.

Some people still in & many long out - others long since passed away.

& now ? Cringing as I look at how silly it all became.

bts2free

Patron with Honors
Maybe you will recognize some of the faces:

BEpY8pg.jpg

The girl in the front row furthest to the right is Anat Davidoff and her sister (forgot her first name) is sitting next to her. I met her at AOSH EU in 1996 while I was there on a recruitment tour for Gold. She wanted to come to Gold to be in the Translations Unit to represent Israel. She was a sweetheart. She signed her SO contract and wanted so badly to come up to Gold, but after I went back uplines she never arrived. Hope she is doing well. I'm glad she never did make it to the base after all!

ThetanPlace

CC:
Ba5mjH9.jpg

WxP2K6o.jpg

Keri Lee, sammie, Kevin Dorian, Julianne Marie Boudreaux, Michelle Smith Workman, Justin Workman, Amy L Giles, lance Aylor, dannylle Milford, Jacqui Matsumoto, Michael J. Coleman, Lonnie, John Goffredo, Alithea Coleman, Josue, Gabriel Olague "Gabo", Shiela saleihian, Jake Hastings and Rocky
c2h8dL4.jpg

Jairo Andres, Sam Kahn, Dorthe Schurmann Brandenborg, Ellena Johnson, Silvia Zanchi, Eileen Ard Vanaudestrade and Patricia Wagner
bz0ySPO.jpg
In the top pic, the Marvin Hamlisch lookalike with the glasses is actor Dan Jablons. He had a brief, memorable scene at a lawyer in a restaurant in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's the only person I can identify.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Jacobs family:
RhnzcS60_original.jpg

Some event in the 80s:
XI6hee63_original.jpg

Lane and Marc at CC:
OzRU2+PE_original.jpg

Delphi Oregon: 1974 or 1977:
There's Margie Morrison, Madeline Munoz, Ernie Lehman , Alan Larson , Healy Burnham, Ray Phelps in pic . Need help with a few more names — with Ralf Temps, Ernie Lehman, Margie Morrisson and Mitch Neuhauser.
8f7SJ4Yx_original.jpg

The Delphi picture is from 1976. The Delphi flag football team just got done pounding the teams from the other Davis missions. I was a linebacker and am in this picture. Any guesses?

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Looking at these old photos reminds me that very very few of the people shown are still in the cult.

That little cult continues to shrink day by day.