What's new

The ETHICs CONDITIONs- for they WORK or are they HOGWASH ?

phenomanon

Canyon
Re: 10 AUGUST

Once I decided I was PTS, and asked for help. They gave me a 10 August. BUT I DIDN'T SAY I WAS TYPE A! Where my head was at at that point, I didn't care if someone around me was invalidating Scientology; that's Scientology's problem, not mine.

What a waste of good auditing time.

Helena

LOL! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

It's TODAY. Today IS 10 August.

( Maybe not . . . . what country are you in ? )

Currently I'm resident in Brobdingnag, but that's got FA to do with it. I want to know what the auditing action '10 August' is FFS!

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Currently I'm resident in Brobdingnag, but that's got FA to do with it. I want to know what the auditing action '10 August' is FFS!
Sorry, it's now August 11, and I can't answer you any more. :biggrin:

Seriously, it's something like has anyone invalidated Scientology? You're supposed to feel a lot better having spotted the one who is telling you you're wrong for participating in Scientology. (And not just for staff.)

Helena

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Sorry, it's now August 11, and I can't answer you any more. :biggrin:

Seriously, it's something like has anyone invalidated Scientology? You're supposed to feel a lot better having spotted the one who is telling you you're wrong for participating in Scientology. (And not just for staff.)

Helena

Thanks HH, that's the most detailed explanation I've had so far.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

It's known as a 10th August PTS Interview. It's a routine that Hubbard published on the 10th August, 1973.

Basically, you find the PTS condition the person is currently experiencing ('flu, accident, illness, mistake made etc)
Then you ask for an earlier time same condition.
When you find the earliest time you can, you ask for "Who was suppressing you at that time?" using various wordings. (If the person can't find an SP, you look for an earlier time)
Then, when you find the "SP", like magic (or woo woo) the person miraculously recovers (or begins recovering).

That's as good as I can do, it's been a while. Hope that helps. :)

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

It's known as a 10th August PTS Interview. It's a routine that Hubbard published on the 10th August, 1973.

Basically, you find the PTS condition the person is currently experiencing ('flu, accident, illness, mistake made etc)
When you find the earliest time you can, you ask for "Who was suppressing you at that time?" using various wordings. (If the person can't find an SP, you look for an earlier time)
Then, when you find the "SP", like magic (or woo woo) the person miraculously recovers (or begins recovering).

yah, that's about right.

I simple example is one gets a cold, then does a 10 Aug, well a few weeks go by, and the person feels better. And then the person says the 10 Aug worked.

In the meantime, thousands of people around the planet get colds outside of scientology bubble, and a few weeks later, they are cured. LOL No 10 Aug done, no woo woo. LOL

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Billy, that's pretty damn funny! :)

I think the efficacy of the 10th August (where it works) is actually all about Belief. When the recipient actually believes that he has found the cause of it all, it "magically" resolves for him. This is more testament to the power of Faith/Belief than the Tech. I've seen some "interesting" results from 10th August interviews.

I've said it many times here on ESMB, to me, all auditing is about finding the reason for a thing. Once the person has discovered what he believes to be the reason for the thing, he is able to change his mind about being effect of it. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's a real reason, it just matters that the person believes it's the real reason. Belief is a powerful thing, IMO. :)

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Lol, Billy, that's pretty damn funny! :)

I think the efficacy of the 10th August (where it works) is actually all about Belief. When the recipient actually believes that he has found the cause of it all, it "magically" resolves for him. This is more testament to the power of Faith/Belief than the Tech. I've seen some "interesting" results from 10th August interviews.

I've said it many times here on ESMB, to me, all auditing is about finding the reason for a thing. Once the person has discovered what he believes to be the reason for the thing, he is able to change his mind about being effect of it. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's a real reason, it just matters that the person believes it's the real reason. Belief is a powerful thing, IMO. :)

I'd agree with that.

As John McMaster said Auditing could have been a beautiful thing, but Hubbard twisted it.

How did Hubbard twist it, by creating a Bridge to Total Freedom, and all beliefs of clear & OT. Or, maybe we should say a culture, shorten word is cult.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yup, it really became something else once Hubbard started supplying the reasons for things.

He, more or less, did that from the outset with Reactive Mind/Engram Theory, of course, but it was a very different thing at the outset.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Ah, anyone who came up with LRH as the SP they were connected to ? Oh, THAT person was the REAL SP in the org !

And, yes, 10 August was utter BULLSHIT, just like the rest of PTS/SP BULLSHIT, the rest of ETHICs HANDLING BULLSHIT & don't forget the main BULLSHIT called " THE TECH BULLSHIT ".

Does : BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT = (Quad Flow ) BULLSHIT ?

By Jove, it does !

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

May I add one tiny, little, itsy-bitsy footnote to your hilarious post?

The entire concept of ILLNESS/ACCIDENT = PTS is ludicrous on its face.

Example: It's winter in some cold climate city. Let's say New York. Doctors, hospitals and clinics and the Center for Disease Control all report a big spike in flu patients. However in the New York Org, anyone who gets the flu is sent to ethics for a "10 August" to go look for "SPs" from long ago. The theory is that all of the people in New York city (wogs) are also suddenly and inexplicably PTS to an evil person. No exceptions, according to Dr. Hubbard's scientific scripture.

Example: Large segments of the population surrounding a nuclear disaster site (Chernobyl, Fukushima, et al) all become very ill. The scientific/medical explanation is known by everyone, even five year olds, except for the Scientologists. The cult members get very industrious about taking each radiation victim and putting them into a 10 August session to find their SP. I can feel my fingers cringing, just typing that last insane sentence.

Example: Tens of thousands of people are injured in "accidents" when a massive earthquake rocks their city and buildings collapse. Emergency workers, paramedics and doctors all work feverishly to give them first aid and transport them to a hospital. Meanwhile Scientologists are certain that those tens of thousands of victims are "PTS". And not only do the Scientologists want to ask them who their "SP" is, they also want to "handle" those victims in ethics by asking them what they are doing that is out ethics to the SP that caused their accident. Because....(the cringing is starting again)....those people wouldn't have been injured by those collapsing buildings if they weren't out-ethics to the SP. And each person injured would be asked to find their individual SP, because apparently all the SPs got together and decided to commence suppressing people in the same area of the earthquake at the same time.​

PTS PARADOX: The person who believes that "all illness" is caused by an SP actually is, in an absurd sense, effectively proving that point. Because their own mental "illness" causing those beliefs is caused by an "SP" (Ron Hubbard).

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

Ah, anyone who came up with LRH as the SP they were connected to ? Oh, THAT person was the REAL SP in the org !

And, yes, 10 August was utter BULLSHIT, just like the rest of PTS/SP BULLSHIT, the rest of ETHICs HANDLING BULLSHIT & don't forget the main BULLSHIT called " THE TECH BULLSHIT ".

Does : BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT + BULLSHIT = (Quad Flow ) BULLSHIT ?

By Jove, it does !

Have others bullshitted you?

Have you bullshitted others?

Have others bullshitted others?

Have you bullshitted yourself?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Have others bullshitted you?

Have you bullshitted others?

Have others bullshitted others?

Have you bullshitted yourself?

Have you bullshitted a person of a different race?

Have you bullshitted a person of the same sex?

Have you bullshitted a civilization?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

It was a method of finding the SP the person was PTS to. I can't recall how it went. YAY! 10 Aug 73 was the date of the HCOB. Thus 10 Aug became the shorthand.
I outlined the procedure in post #287 above.

HelluvaHoax!

It was a method of finding the SP the person was PTS to. I can't recall how it went. YAY! 10 Aug 73 was the date of the HCOB. Thus 10 Aug became the shorthand.

For those who can't recall how it went, I will describe. . .

The "10 AUGUST" had only one command, asked by your Ethics Officer:

"Which evil sociopathic being is crushing your dreams, ruining your life, defrauding you into bankruptcy and enturbulating all your dynamics with lies & psychological terrorism, besides honorable persons who "never fear to hurt another in a just cause" like L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige?"

Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your Ethics Officer.

Terril park

Sponsor

Here are three quotes which give the key steps. Its not an auditing action.

" Now ask him who it was. He will usually tell you promptly. And, as you are not
really auditing him and he isn’t going backtrack and you are not trying to do more
than key him out, you don’t probe any further."

"You will usually find that he has named a person to whom he is still connected!"

"All you are trying to do is MOVE THE PTS PERSON FROM EFFECT OVER TO SLIGHT GENTLE CAUSE."

Here's the issue:- http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/475

HelluvaHoax!

Here are three quotes which give the key steps. Its not an auditing action.

" Now ask him who it was. He will usually tell you promptly. And, as you are not really auditing him and he isn’t going backtrack and you are not trying to do more than key him out, you don’t probe any further."

"You will usually find that he has named a person to whom he is still connected!"

"All you are trying to do is MOVE THE PTS PERSON FROM EFFECT OVER TO SLIGHT GENTLE CAUSE."

Here's the issue:- http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/475

You quote Dr. Hubbard's scripture as though people in Scientology actually applied it. LOLOLOLOL

AUDITOR
So, now that we have done a PTS CS-1, we will
run a 10 August on your failing business. This
will be done pursuant to the HCOB 'The Anti-Social Personality'
in which Ron states: "When we trace the cause of a failing
business, we will inevitably discover somewhere in
its ranks the antisocial personality hard at work."

PC
Wow!

AUDITOR
So, who are you connected to that is
an anti-social personality?

PC
Well, my business was in a really affluent
condition for many years. And then, suddenly,
I totally crashed on finance and couldn't pay
my bills and now I am going through bankruptcy
and my credit is ruined and all my credit
cards are canceled and my car was repossessed
and they are foreclosing on my house and--

AUDITOR
Okay, okay, okay, okay. Thank you. I got that.
I'll repeat the 10 August question: Who
is the suppressive person?

PC
Well...

AUDITOR
(looking at meter, steering...)
That....that....that....who is that?

PC
Um....that's my friend Ron.

AUDITOR
Wow! Huge blowdown
and dial-wide Floating Needle!
I'd like to indicate your
item is RON! Now your
TA is floating!

PC
I kind of guessed that
Ron was behind my bankruptcy because
all of my money and my savings and all
the money I could borrow went to Scientology.
Because Ron promised that I would become
so OT that I wouldn't have any problem
10X-ing my stats and paying all the loans.

AUDITOR
Wait a second! I hope you're not
talking about who I think you're talking about.
Ron who?

PC
Ron Hubbard. Ya know, L. Ron Hubbard?
Mankind's greatest friend?

AUDITOR
That is so fucking out tech! Ron says
that anyone who finds him as their
SP is the actual SP.

PC
Wuttt? I am PTS to myself because I'm the SP?
If I'm the SP I shouldn't be able to have case
gain and wins and cognitions. But I just did.
I feel super keyed out to cognite Ron is my SP
and I have moved over to gentle cause. Isn't
that the EP for this action?

AUDITOR
I can't answer that question, because in
the Auditor's Code it states that an auditor
must never evaluate or invalidate. So, let me just
give you an r-factor before ending the session.
I'd like to indicate that you are an SP.

PC
Cool. I'll be sure to write a success story.

HelluvaHoax!

Have you bullshitted a person of a different race?

Have you bullshitted a person of the same sex?

Have you bullshitted a civilization?

:hysterical::hysterical:

From the custom Sec-Check questions made exclusively for L. Ron Hubbard:

Have you bullshitted an anaten Scientologist?

EDIT (several hours later, after coffee): But wait, there's more!

Have you bullshitted (and 'laid in' engramic phrases) while regging an unconscious Scientologist?

Last edited: