What's new

Memories are flooding back after finding message board

jane lance

Not really, as I do it all the time too. Just trying to be nice to a newbie I worked with for years. In the late 70s I was a Letter Reg, and Jane pretty-much single-handed CF for a year or so. All on her little lonesome she got the CF filing into PT. It might not sound much, but at the time it was a staggering feat, and the Dissem back lines people were VERY impressed as no-one else in living memory had done so, even with help. And after she went on to other things (Audits Officer) it got horribly backlogged again.

Oh, just for a bit more description, she also pulled and refiled the CF folders for the Letter Reges each week (1500 a week?).

Paul

I don't mind people chipping in, it helps me out, so go for it. Thanks for the recognition re the C/F bit - I did work very hard at that and sometimes even managed to polish the filing cabinets in between consignments of files arriving! John Cox helped out and Harry Lucas, can't remember for how long. You have a good memory Paul. I remember doing some sort of penance in c/f overnight once, had a rest and woke up with a huge dent in my forehead from where I'd rested my head on the desk and nodded off (bit of a give away).

No I haven't got any art/craft stuff online, may do that eventually when I have more time. These days it's stained glass I work with.
Jane

RogerB

Crusader
Hey you guys who were around St. Hill in the '70's . .

I just ran across the name Ira Chaleff This is his current image from Linkedin . . .
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJCAAAAJDUzYjgxYmRhLWFlZjEtNGNmNy04NzllLWU2YjMyM2FkMDRhNw.jpg

He's in the "consulting and leadership" business in Washington DC I see he is linked to some guys (ex scn) I am linked to . . . is this the Ira that was in the SO at the Hill ???

Profile . . . it sounds a little Scientological (umm: "moving the organization from its existing state to a more desirable condition.")
[h=4]
Founder & President
[/h][h=5]Executive Coaching & Consulting Associates[/h]January 1996 – Present (19 years 8 months)As a coach, Ira provides a stimulating and safe environment for executives and their teams to examine, evaluate and significantly improve their management styles, skills and processes. Through targeted interviews, work-climate surveys, and multi-viewpoint feedback instruments, he involves all those who have a stake in the change process, analyzes their input and provides frank, constructive feedback sessions. In consultation with his clients, he designs programs that foster individual and team growth, and provides the coaching and facilitation to achieve desired outcomes. He simultaneously challenges and empowers the wider group to support the process so it is not undermined before beginning to demonstrate visible and sustainable results.

As a consultant, Ira conducts in-depth analyses of organization strengths and weaknesses and facilitates strategy reviews and organization retreats. He helps clients streamline core business processes, navigate organizational and business transitions and enrich internal communication. He helps boards and senior executives clarify problematic situations, identifies options for addressing these and guides the leadership team in moving the organization from its existing state to a more desirable condition. He particularly enjoys working with mission-driven organizations whose social value generates deep commitment at all levels of the organization.

[h=5] [/h][h=4]Author[/h][h=5]Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.[/h]January 1995 – Present (20 years 8 months)Intelligent Disobedience: Doing Right When What You're Told to Do Is Wrong, 2015

The Courageous Follower: Standing Up To and For Our Leaders, 2009 (3rd ed.)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
He's in the "consulting and leadership" business in Washington DC I see he is linked to some guys (ex scn) I am linked to . . . is this the Ira that was in the SO at the Hill ???

Yes. He was Supercargo AOSHUK for a couple years in the mid-70s.

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Yes. He was Supercargo AOSHUK for a couple years in the mid-70s.

Paul

Thanks, Paul . . . he's put on a little weight and years. Was hard for me to be sure if it was him.

I knew he was American, but did not know what happened to him . . . I left E. Grinstead in '79 and lost contact with with all but the gang here :melodramatic:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

I just ran across the name Ira Chaleff This is his current image from Linkedin . . .
View attachment 11169

Profile . . . it sounds a little Scientological (umm: "moving the organization from its existing state to a more desirable condition.")
[h=4]
Founder & President
[/h][h=5]Executive Coaching & Consulting Associates[/h]January 1996 – Present (19 years 8 months)As a coach, Ira provides a stimulating and safe environment for executives and their teams to examine, evaluate and significantly improve their management styles, skills and processes. Through targeted interviews, work-climate surveys, and multi-viewpoint feedback instruments, he involves all those who have a stake in the change process, analyzes their input and provides frank, constructive feedback sessions. In consultation with his clients, he designs programs that foster individual and team growth, and provides the coaching and facilitation to achieve desired outcomes. He simultaneously challenges and empowers the wider group to support the process so it is not undermined before beginning to demonstrate visible and sustainable results.

As a consultant, Ira conducts in-depth analyses of organization strengths and weaknesses and facilitates strategy reviews and organization retreats. He helps clients streamline core business processes, navigate organizational and business transitions and enrich internal communication. He helps boards and senior executives clarify problematic situations, identifies options for addressing these and guides the leadership team in moving the organization from its existing state to a more desirable condition. He particularly enjoys working with mission-driven organizations whose social value generates deep commitment at all levels of the organization.

[h=5] [/h][h=4]Author[/h][h=5]Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.[/h]January 1995 – Present (20 years 8 months)Intelligent Disobedience: Doing Right When What You're Told to Do Is Wrong, 2015

The Courageous Follower: Standing Up To and For Our Leaders, 2009 (3rd ed.)

Anyone who is doing anything like management consultancy is likely to be ex SO or at least exstaff, and to still think the admin teck works. I don't think I ever met Ira, but his name is famous.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, it's lovely stuff. I work with foil and do have some pictures, though I'd be a bit shy of posting them (even if I could work out how to do it!)

Probably the easiest way is to first upload the image(s) to a free image-hosting site. Imgur is easy for odd images, no account needed, although if you want permanent photo albums maybe Photobucket. Copy the link to the image.

Then when writing a post, click on the image tag (2nd row, 6th icon from the right in the full edit box), select image from URL, and paste in the link.

Click "Preview post" and check it's ok before "Submit reply."

Paul

still here

Patron with Honors
Anyone who is doing anything like management consultancy is likely to be ex SO or at least exstaff, and to still think the admin teck works. I don't think I ever met Ira, but his name is famous.

Ira was sent on garrison mission as the ED Manchster for a few years. He was there in 1979. That post certainly was a test! On the whole he did well and got the place functioning. The field, which he expanded, loved him. A real character. He is happy and settled now.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
It's been good reading posts from others who were at St. Hill at the same time that I was (from about 1975/6 to 1981). It brought stuff flooding back to me, remembering others, and in some ways it all seems like yesterday. I'm sure I've forgotten so much. Some posts made me smile and even made it all sound almost like fun! Well I do have fond memories of those who I worked alongside even though I didn't find the overall experience at all easy. Washing your hair in freezing water and living on beans and rice, cleaning stations, muster....help!

Hi Jane it was good to see your post. I'm Jenny Bunting's daughter and remember you really well! Where are you these days?

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin

View attachment 11169

Yep that's Ira.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

That's no evidence. Namely:

The UK orge are in poor shape . London Fdn has a
complement of16 (It was 40 six months ago, & 80 whe n
Ron Hopkins left) . Manchester has 10 staff (38 when Ira
Chaleff, who contrary to rumour does not have a
terminal illness, left) .​

Surely the 1984 (30 years ago) quote is talking about when Ira left Manchester Org, not when he joined the Revolution. I don't know what he did then: he may have been a cheerleader for years for the independents, but that bit I quoted is not sufficient documentation for speaking out publicly.

Paul

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Yes, vumba! Ira is on the big list of exes and has spoken out publicly...

http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out

http://freescn.freevar.com/Documents/Reconnection05.pdf#page=5

BTW, I'm glad you are here and you are out :thumbsup:

Hi Mary, I am not sure if you think I posted the main post... it wasn't me, I was just confirming for them that the photo was of Ira. I have been out since 1982. I think we may have known each other in those days? Jenny Bunting was my mum. Ira was my brother's foster father as he and Sheila took him in when he most needed a father figure.

phenomanon

Canyon
Yes. He was Supercargo AOSHUK for a couple years in the mid-70s.

Paul

He was on the Apollo in 1971 with his (then) wife, Sally. I heard that Sally had died, at a very young age.
Sometime between 75-80 he was at LA, either at ASHO or at AOLA. He had a different Wife.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
He was on the Apollo in 1971 with his (then) wife, Sally. I heard that Sally had died, at a very young age.
Sometime between 75-80 he was at LA, either at ASHO or at AOLA. He had a different Wife.

...and he was at ASHO in '69. Impressively marching around in one of those shabby Sea Org admiral's costumes, or whatever they called it. LOL

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
...and he was at ASHO in '69. Impressively marching around in one of those shabby Sea Org admiral's costumes, or whatever they called it. LOL

I have him and his shabby sailor suit to "thank" for "handling me" (gawd, he was smooth when he wanted to be) when I was on my way back out the door after visiting a much loved girlfriend (at AOSHUK) who was actually in the process of recruiting me, though of course I hadn't realised that when I agreed to go visit her (call me gullible, I don't mind ... honestly, lol).

Such is life.

:biggrin:

Free Will

Patron with Honors
Hi Jane,
You might remember me as Colin Guy, I was at Saint Hill all the time you were. I only swing by this board occasionally, to prove to myself I'm still alive and see who else I know is still afloat.
Just seeing your name set off lots of memories, all of them pleasant - like the Christmas Eve we walked back from the pub to Stonelands with your hand in my coat pocket (in mine!, :yes:)
Jane, you were a very beautiful woman and a real sharp dresser. Whenever I'm having a reverie over all the many missed opportunities I passed in life, you are definitely one I would like to handle differently if I ever invent time-travel. You would be amazed how much I grew up once I had finally acquired the confidence that both men and women can enjoy sex without guilt. Took a LOT of adventure to find that out, though.
Both my brothers Alistair and Ewan thought you were great too.
I was a bit miffed with my best pal John Harris when he pulled you before I could. But a couple of years later I lost my own first partner Pamela to him, because of her greater experience and his better hi-fi and record collection.
Nice to see you are happy with a dog and partner. Since my divorce I've only had the dog, but we now have 5 4-month pups so I'm overwhelmed with happy-todayness :eyeroll:
Also, I must say Ira Chaleff I both loved and hated. He was actually CO at AOSHUK in 1980/81 and his complaints got me busted from my powerful position as Treasury Sec which set me on my way out the front door and the return to Freedom!
I don't hate anyone now. Like Ira, I had a hard job reinventing myself when Hubbard ceased to be God in my mind. We have to keep using what we have learned that is true and valuable, translating it from Scientology-think into human wisdom usable by anybody.
I think my own personal history is that Scientology taught me how to make money and how to get the maximum production out of myself no matter how my body felt. Once I had money (I started a business right after I was declared SP for shagging Pamela Flood while she was still married to David), I found that money led to buying car and house. Own business, own house, own car, no dependants - fanny-magnets anywhere. So, Ira Chaleff did me a favour when he stopped me going with a lovely American girl because sh didn't want to live like an animal in the Stables. He taught me to go out into the real world where I alone am in charge of my mighty knob.
Oh no, that's setting off floods more lovely memories (mammaries, etc) I love you Jane.

Anyone interested in contacting the Nice Chap formerly known as Colin Guy, more swiftly than through this board, will find me on Facebook and YouTube as WILL SMILE. Though I note our generation are not making much use of either of these resources.

Last edited: