What's new

Obvious Gaps in the Tech

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Aside from the obvious lack of results and bilking zillions of dollars from those who can't afford it and the disconnection policy and the concentration camp mentality and lots of very silly drills,

I keep coming back to 2 very obvious MISSING points in Hubbard's world view of fixing everyone and everything.

1. Failure to fully appreciate mothers, motherhood, rearing children with close and loving supervision. Sheeze! This omission was/is just gigantic. How Ron missed this is testimony to his lack of vision and being self-absorbed. Even Hitler honored the mothers. It's stunning that the COS has courses, books and tapes on improving the 2D.

2. "Inspection before the fact." Hubs isolated this one precept as being the senior admin problem everywhere. Well, that might be true if you run a half-assed, fly-by-night operation where the customers are banging the doors demanding their money back. Or, if you're writing sci-fi at 2 cents a word, volume would be more important than character development. The business world that I live in is marked by close attention to details and planning. In fact, individuals or companies that don't "inspect before the fact" aren't allowed to conduct business in my world. Try getting the FDA to approve your operations on those terms. "Inspection before the fact" is a great way to run from one problem to the next with great inefficiency. It's just stupid in nearly every business situation I can think of. I guess it makes sense since LRH had no experience running a real business. LRH had a lot of experience in getting folks to work for peanuts in absolute dictatorship.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
3) All of the patent numbers for his 'technology.' Technology is patented isn't it? Science fiction is protected by copyright law. How does Scientology protect it's intellectual property again?

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
most obvious gap in tech, if you can get past the blahblahblah is that the whole point is to drop your body and operate as a thetan without a body, scientologists don't realize this, haven't thought it through

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
most obvious gap in tech, if you can get past the blahblahblah is that the whole point is to drop your body and operate as a thetan without a body, scientologists don't realize this, haven't thought it through
Lol. You say that as if you think it's a bad thing! :hysterical:
I thought the point was to be able to cause effects as a thetan either WITH or WITHOUT a body.

But that's just what OT is supposed to be about. The lower bridge has benefits, too. Too bad my biggest ruin was never handled and apparently never can be handled by the tech.

I've tried everything except R2-45.

Helena

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Lrh made homo novis he frowns down on homo sap

Yeah i guess i just enjoy life and being a human too much... No rj-45 for me

Oh I don't have a ruin so we'll make that my ruin! I'm enjoying life that's my problem!

I need to pay for a course where's my credit card...

Or maybe just route myself onto the rpf then I might learn to hate life

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
1. Failure to fully appreciate mothers, motherhood, rearing children with close and loving supervision. Sheeze! This omission was/is just gigantic. How Ron missed this is testimony to his lack of vision and being self-absorbed. Even Hitler honored the mothers. It's stunning that the COS has courses, books and tapes on improving the 2D.
This comes dangerously close to asserting that ALL women MUST become mothers, a form of tyranny all by itself.

I believe people should simply be allowed to do what they want (within reason).

Helena

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
That's just the sort of thing I'm talking about: "marriage = women = babies".

Helena, who doesn't like children and doesn't apologize for it

My daughter is one of the most important persons in my life.
I was present in the hospital room when she was born by C-section. I watched the doctors do it.
It has been a joy to be her father. (And I taught her how to read and write and ride a bicycle.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyA74rri3hQ

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
I'm not so sure about obvious gaps in the tech, I think it works just as Ron intended.

If you look over his life, his was stylin'. He had the admirations of thousands of people who believed his every word, young children to dress him, adult

women who were infatuated with him, a large private navy, the title of Commodore, people who were willing to go to jail for him and all the money he

wanted.

I think his tech worked just fine.

One second though, perhaps the only flaw is that it cannot reproduce teeth in a middle aged man?

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
How about the ridiculous ARC triangle, or by raising communication, you raise affinity?

I remember when I was still, 'in,' speaking with an obnoxious white supremacist. No amount of communication did a thing.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I thought the point was to be able to cause effects as a thetan either WITH or WITHOUT a body.

But that's just what OT is supposed to be about. The lower bridge has benefits, too. Too bad my biggest ruin was never handled and apparently never can be handled by the tech.

I've tried everything except R2-45.

Helena

Ah, maybe scientology lacks the tools to help is the answer.

Hubbie has an MU on the difference in 'fix' & 'fuck'. Nobody got fixed.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
" Inspection before the fact " was in fact funny.

Why did those wanting to do OT 8 have to have all those sec checks & set ups just AFTER OT 7 ? LOL !

Or why did those doing just fine on OT 7 have to have sec checks every 6 months ?

I have such a hard time not typing " BO " or "PO " instead of OT.

Was it a shock to find out Hubbie lied & lied & lied & lied & that it all was a lie & then it keeps even being worse than you ever imagined?

Scientology, the house lies built.

RogerB

Crusader
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Boojuum

This comes dangerously close to asserting that ALL women MUST become mothers, a form of tyranny all by itself.

I believe people should simply be allowed to do what they want (within reason).

Helena

??? Eh ???? Ummm, "appreciate" does not mean "insist upon, must" or any other notions of assertions of superimposition upon others' free will . . .

Me thinks you could benefit from a correct and full comprehension of and "appreciation of" what Booj actually wrote here.

Them that choose motherhood should be appreciated by those interested in family and by the members of the family created thereby. This, just as those who choose another way to lead their lives should be appreciated for what they do that is of value.

R