What's new

Knowledge Report Film - GoFundMe for Mark Bunker

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This just came up on Facebook:

https://www.gofundme.com/828upves

My name is Mark Bunker and I've been looking into Scientology since 1998. A year later, I started shooting video involving the group. It's been an interesting journey and a fascinating subject to explore. I'm currently living in Clearwater, Florida which is considered by Scientology to be their Mecca. I am finishing work on a feature length documentary entitled Knowledge Report: Scientology's Spies, Lies and the Eternity Prize. In the past few years I've traveled the country interviewing people for the film and shooting segments exposing some of the most abusive practices of the organization.

The most frequent question I am asked is:

"When will the film be done?"

I plan to have the film done by May 2016.

Supporters of this film have been have been incredibly patient and generous. The end of the project is nearing but there is still more that needs to done and I could use your help.

I'm asking for $5000 for this campaign but the more that gets raised the more that can be accomplished. Licensing news and stock footage, studio time, actors, props, sets, aerial shots, post production audio and video costs, etc. Plus, as I've put the film together there are a couple key interviews I would like to add that will help to bring the project together.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I'm glad he's finally given a date.
I think Mark wants this to be the most epic film ever done about $cientology.
The one that fills in all the blanks and answers the questions generated by the others.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Tony Ortega is taking up the cause to get Mark funding.

Hey, Mark Bunker, what’s taking that film of yours — ‘Knowledge Report’ — so long?

You have footage from events you’ve been filming going back 15 years, with the Lisa McPherson Trust. But when do you date the actual start of making “Knowledge Report”?

It started in 2010. I can’t believe it’s been five years already.

Since then a lot of things have come out, including books by Janet Reitman, Lawrence Wright, and Jenna Miscavige Hill, and films by Alex Gibney and Louis Theroux. How does “Knowledge Report” differentiate itself from all of those projects?

One thing I’m trying to do in my film is show the mind-control factory that is Scientology. How people get in, the levels of indoctrination they go through, the thought-stopping techniques. How you can join this group and have your entire reality altered to the point that you can sit in a room and try to spot your body thetans. And I want to show the controversies and abuses in Scientology, but still have fun along the way. I want to examine aspects of Scientology that don’t always get looked at, and try to clear up some of the mystery surrounding Scientology. And hopefully it won’t feel like, “Oh, we’ve seen this all before.”

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/04/ma...of-yours-knowledge-report-so-long/#more-26482

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From above link.

NOLAGirl • 9 hours ago

Bunker did the Jason Beghe interview didn't he?

Mark Bunker
NOLAGirl • 6 hours ago

I did. Jason and I were both stunned at how that exploded across the net. I was still editing the full video at Marc Headley's Burbank company when I took a break to cut the teaser and post it online. Every couple of hours, I would check back to see the view count and it just kept growing and growing. Ultimately I worked Sea Org hours on that video. I was up 48 hours, pulling an all nighter at my home in San Diego until my system broke down and then getting the offer from Marc to use his Avid systems and doing another all nighter there. Stupidly, I decided to try to drive home as tired as I was and luckily other drivers called the cops because I was weaving in and out of lanes on the I-5. An officer saved my life (and others) by pulling me over to the side. I remind myself of that when I'm behind the wheel.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I am one of the few @ WWP that still has faith in Mark's efforts, despite all the people who deride him for taking so long etc. etc.. I really think that many folk aren't aware of the efforts and time involved in doing such a big project, basically by himself with very little resources, and having all the usual stuff (bills, rent etc.) to deal with.
On top of that, bigger and better financed projects are being done and completed, like Going Clear for example, along with the latest 'tell-all' stories (Leah Remi). I think this has put Mark in a diffiCULT place, to keep originality and humour in tact, not be too repetitive, and shine light from a different take, to keep it relevant, informative, and interesting.
It is potentially inoculation at its very best imho.

Unfortunately, I think that such a long project tends to take a few hits when so many others are out there expressing their thoughts and experiences as well, but, given the amount of raw data Mark has, it may take a bit of extra editing and shuffling around, but I haz faith that eventually he will succeed. It is to me at least, a monumental effort, and for all the right reasons.

Just my wee Oggy thoughts on this matter du-jour, I go now...

:cheers: All!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
That's what he said on his fundie page, so I thought it was true.

What is true (and what he actually said on the fundie page) was that he's been shooting video involving Scientology since the late 90's. He never indicated that he'd been working on the full-length documentary project for that long.

He began working on Knowledge Report back in 2010. Still a long time, but based upon the raw footage I've seen, I'm confident it will be more than worth waiting for, and will have a huge impact.

For anyone who hasn't seen the video snippets from some of his interviews you can see about 35 of them over here, and they're worth watching:
http://www.knowledgereport-themovie.com/category/interviews/

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
What Mark has over others is the access to people over a period of time (time in which they've been able to further reflect) and the access to key people through the Lisa McPherson Trust days.

I'm happy to be able to contribute this time - I haven't always been in a position to do so.

The Jason Beghe video was a big part of my joining the internet armchair league of Scientology critics...a real WTF is this? moment...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

"KNOWLEDGE REPORT" is a fantastic project to contribute to!

I have absolute faith in Mark Bunker's brilliant skills to pull off a wildly entertaining and devastatingly insightful expose on the secretive sociopathic world of Scientology.

This film will make planetary clearing (of Scientology) a reality. lol

Love and all good things to WiseBeardMan!

Gib

Crusader
as far as I'm concerned, Jason Beghe two hour interview is the Knowledge Report.

Show me a muther fuckin clear?

It's no more complicated than that.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
I certainly appreciate his efforts over these many many years.

That video he did with Beghe....man, that was the one that told me I wasn't alone in my little world of thinking that scn is bullshit.

Rock on Mr. Bunker and your work. Thank you.

Anonycat

Crusader
His words are wise and his face is beard. We also know that he is probably the one person who has amassed the largest archive of footage (that is relevant to our interest) of any one person. Plus, he's very personable in front of a camera. Do it, Beardman.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
His words are wise and his face is beard. We also know that he is probably the one person who has amassed the largest archive of footage (that is relevant to our interest) of any one person. Plus, he's very personable in front of a camera. Do it, Beardman.

Yayyyy!

Minor edit:

His words are wise, his face is beard, his case is unhandleable. (thank god!)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I just checked and it's up to $1665.00, that's good. The extra publicity helps and reminds people of who Wise Beard Man is and the wonderful things he has already done. Can't wait for the film, go Mark!

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
I am one of the few @ WWP that still has faith in Mark's efforts, despite all the people who deride him for taking so long etc. etc.. I really think that many folk aren't aware of the efforts and time involved in doing such a big project, basically by himself with very little resources, and having all the usual stuff (bills, rent etc.) to deal with.
On top of that, bigger and better financed projects are being done and completed, like Going Clear for example, along with the latest 'tell-all' stories (Leah Remi). I think this has put Mark in a diffiCULT place, to keep originality and humour in tact, not be too repetitive, and shine light from a different take, to keep it relevant, informative, and interesting.
It is potentially inoculation at its very best imho.

Unfortunately, I think that such a long project tends to take a few hits when so many others are out there expressing their thoughts and experiences as well, but, given the amount of raw data Mark has, it may take a bit of extra editing and shuffling around, but I haz faith that eventually he will succeed. It is to me at least, a monumental effort, and for all the right reasons.

Just my wee Oggy thoughts on this matter du-jour, I go now...

:cheers: All!

I think the people who support Mark are shouted down--at least that's my take. It seems like there are a lot of upvotes for supporters and downvotes for haters, except for the really vocal ones who probably support each other. Also, WWP has an interesting upvote and downvote algorithm that causes a snowball effect, imo, if a post starts getting love/hate in one direction or the other. I get that they want to keep people from making accounts just to downvote, but the algorithm has caused a weird effect.

Also, I agree that Mark has a ton of data to draw from. I hope he includes some of the really bizarre bullbaiting footage he has compiled from way back. Not sure if he can do that without the subjects complaining though.