What's new

Bill Franks and David Mayo need to report in:

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't post much on ESMB anymore...Pretty much have had my say. I've been reading and contemplating this Thread and am compelled to ad my 2 Cents.

Thank you for your Posts, Sheila...Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

IMHO, Bill Franks and David Mayo have more--much more--than "reported in". I'm not gonna go into the litany of all that they have said and done for all of Us that is part of the permanent record. I've Posted about this in detail before on a number of occasions on this Board and I'm not gonna go find all those Posts and Link to them now. :no:

Long and short...I personally knew and interacted with Bill and David...I first met Bill in the latter '60's and David in the early '7o's, and our paths crossed and I interacted with both of them--not "socially" but "officially"--over a number of years.

IMHO, neither Bill or David are "sociopaths", both were "good guys" and--for want of a better phrase--part of what I found good about Scn and Scns and were downright good, decent and well intended Folks that tried to do the right thing within the heady, in retrospect bizarre and "sign of the times" circumstances of that Era. They--like many of Us back then--really tried hard and sincerely to rectify, reconcile and make something worthwhile out of Scn, the Cof$ and the "Tech". Yes we were misguided, foolish and did stuff that will weigh heavy on our hearts until last breath. But, all weren't "bad" and many of Us--in particular Folks Like David and Bill--stuck their necks out to rectify, reconcile and make something worthwhile out of Scn, the Cof$ and the "Tech" and--having failed that--to speak our mind, open our Kimono's and shed light on the early days of "Oz" and the "Wizard" behind the curtain.

I don't wish to offend and I'm looking not for a "firefight" but, IMHO--unless someone has at least read, viewed and listened to everything out there and available that David and Bill have had to say about El Ron, Scn and the "Tech" or, was there when it was all going down--"calling them out" is self-serving, showboating and grandstanding...To Wit, Rude. :coolwink:

Peace. :yes:

Face:)

:goodposting:

Thanks, Face. Yeh, Bill Franks and David Mayo tried their best to be fair and make good out of the tek - for many years. After they were treated so badly and abused, they still had the heart to try their best to expose the truth and get people out. I have the highest respect for both of them.

Everyone has a right after leaving Scn to live their lives peacefully and happily without having to deal with all the turmoil that surrounds Scientology and personally tackling the beast. David Mayo spent years doing exactly that, painfully fighting Scn in court over and over again. Bill Franks with his three RPF assignments and Declare and still helping people out afterward... it's pretty clear where both their hearts are at. :yes:

Bill Franks doing those interviews is such a huge, unexpected bonus and greatly appreciated. :clap: :clap: :clap:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I applaud anyone, including Bill Franks, David Mayo, Leah Remini, and numerous other brave exes, who come forward and say "this is what happened, this is the truth". There are too many who want to sweep things under the rug.

We need some more tell-all books.

Anonycat

Crusader
I applaud anyone, including Bill Franks, David Mayo, Leah Remini, and numerous other brave exes, who come forward and say "this is what happened, this is the truth". There are too many who want to sweep things under the rug.

We need some more tell-all books.

I'm looking forward to the Miscavige book. I just hope he hasn't been paid-off or terrorized to the point of changing his mind.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
David Mayo I've long respected. I remember when the OT6 course first came out the course I did was in David's handwriting ( later it got typed & attributed to you know who)
Also remember FESing folders where David was the CS & many times I'd thought ' That was so brilliant ! ".
When he got hit that was the SERIOUS beginning of me starting to make plans to leave that group forever....and - obviously - I did.

Bill Franks I never got to know.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
David Mayo I've long respected. I remember when the OT6 course first came out the course I did was in David's handwriting ( later it got typed & attributed to you know who)
Also remember FESing folders where David was the CS & many times I'd thought ' That was so brilliant ! ".
When he got hit that was the SERIOUS beginning of me starting to make plans to leave that group forever....and - obviously - I did.

I've often wondered how much of the attributed "brilliance of LRH tech" really originated from David Mayo and others.

Hubs was adept at appropriating the good works of others and slapping his name and copyright on it.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've often wondered how much of the attributed "brilliance of LRH tech" really originated from David Mayo and others.

Hubs was adept at appropriating the good works of others and slapping his name and copyright on it.

There's just no way to accurately quantify just how much El Ron's attributed and claimed "brilliance of the 'tech'"--both Red and Green--came from others. However, from my own personal study, reading the factual narratives of others and personal experience IMO the Lion's share--and vast majority of the "good stuff"--was usurped, plagiarized, ripped off and outright stolen from others...Some of whom I personally knew, including yours truly (which I have written about previously on ESMB). :yes:

EDIT PS: Also, El Ron consistently altered, bastardized, convoluted and F'd up much--if not most--of what Hisself commandeered.:coolwink:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

There was a thread that listed the actual sources of much of Scn tech.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep :thumbsup:

Frank's and Mayo's going down was two biggies of the straws that broke this-here camel's back. :melodramatic:

Mayo was absolutely BRILLIANT and as caring, honest and fine a human being as has ever drawn breath, IMHO. :clap:

I always got along well with Frank's. Yes he was tough, blunt, zealous and occasionally quite profane but, IMHO, he was also fair, always tried to do the right thing no matter the circumstances or consequences, pragmatic and a born leader. Frank's was well versed in "Red Tech" and a walking encyclopedia of "Green Tech". He sincerely wanted to get the Cof$ "straight and honest", allow and help the Msn Holders to build "The Field" and focused on training Staff and Public. However, IMO, Bill could not suffer fools gladly and that led, in part, to the CMO eviscerating him. :yes:

EDIT PS: Bill Franks and David Mayo are two Folks that I do not in any way doubt or question the veracity of anything they have said or written regarding El Ron, SO, Apollo, Cof$, Scn and the "Old Days".

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm looking forward to the Miscavige book. I just hope he hasn't been paid-off or terrorized to the point of changing his mind.

It's been over 3 decades since I last interacted with Ron M. Sr. I've made a few Posts re: my "take" on him over the last 5 years on ESMB, which were, from my perspective, honest and not very flattering.

Ron, Sr. got what he wished for...For his children to become Scn, SO & CMO "Illuminati" and for DM to become a "Force" in Scn, SO and CMO.

I've got no clue just what Sr.'s book is gonna be like. In my experience "back in the days", Sr. certainly is very capable of being most caustic, "humorous" in his own way and a duplicitous and skilled knife fighter. On the other hand he was quite likable and charming if he chose to be, very intelligent in a street-smart sort of way and had a lot of Moxie. He and me are much older now and tempered by different paths, life experiences and current cercumstances. I hope Ron is enjoying the children, grandchildren and family that he has that are "Out" and I couldn't begin to fathom what it would be like to carry the burden of being the father of Da Monster.

This is all just my opinion and, as such, probably not worth that much and certainly could change based upon additional information and firsthand insight from others.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
There's just no way to accurately quantify just how much El Ron's attributed and claimed "brilliance of the 'tech'"--both Red and Green--came from others. However, from my own personal study, reading the factual narratives of others and personal experience IMO the Lion's share--and vast majority of the "good stuff"--was usurped, plagiarized, ripped off and outright stolen from others...Some of whom I personally knew, including yours truly (which I have written about previously on ESMB). :yes:

EDIT PS: Also, El Ron consistently altered, bastardized, convoluted and F'd up much--if not most--of what Hisself commandeered.:coolwink:

Just when I think I'm all talked out . . . . you have to make that post !

I've long been of the opinion that what Ron " studied " & stole from pretty much everybody & everything, he did so very glibly, or it was just way over his head & couldn't begin to grok it but he 'thought' he got it, or he just had to twist & bend everything to 'make it his own create'.

What I do know is after looking other places it is pretty easy to see where old Ron went off the rails & made dianetics & scientology into something that couldn't possibly " work ".

But, then, I have to wonder was the old bastard clever enough to have done that by design ? Did he count on selling " that resolve on the next level; " to everybody ? Damn if he didn't !

Clever - got to give him that.

da Monster had the fear instilled enough to get to the sheep to do EVERYTHING all over again - because of punctuation & mis spelled words?

Folks, he IS striking that kind of terror to peoples hearts !

Does it matter if Ron or God-knows-who-came up with this or that command, RD, Grade, OT level or whatever ?

It still exists & gets carried on <- - - - that is the problem.

PS : Betcha ANY auditor that was truly good & audited a few thousand hours could INVENT some damn good processes IF ASKED.

But, where the really talented ones ever asked ? There was another problem of wasted world class talents.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Odd, I knew of Bill Franks & as long as I was in LA I just never got on his lines but audited at ASHO & AOLA !.

Double odd how I danced out of the hottest of scenes with most of the skin left on my butt !

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Odd, I knew of Bill Franks & as long as I was in LA I just never got on his lines but audited at ASHO & AOLA !.

Double odd how I danced out of the hottest of scenes with most of the skin left on my butt !

LUV IT!:roflmao::thumbsup::clap:

I've said before on ESMB how, for some reason, I was like Forrest Gump and I'm truly amazed how I ever got through--with most of my ass still intact--all the shit I that coulda stuck to me I saw going down, being thrown around and waded through in all the places, circumstances and rooms I was in at the right time. :omg:

Holy Effen Ess. :ohmy:

PS: BTW, there was a CO AOLA in the mid 70's or so (IIRC, Val Smith or something similar) when Ira Chaleff was the CO ASHO Day. FUNNY story about Ira and Val I'll tell some time, should you have an interest. :coolwink:

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
LUV IT!:roflmao::thumbsup::clap:

I've said before on ESMB how, for some reason, I was like Forrest Gump and I'm truly amazed how I ever got through--with most of my ass still intact--all the shit I saw going down, being thrown around and waded through in all the places, circumstances and rooms I was in that coulda stuck stuck to me. :omg:

Holy Effen Ess. :ohmy:

PS: BTW, there was a CO AOLA in the mid 70's or so (IIRC, Val Smith or something similar) when Ira Chaleff was the CO ASHO Day. FUNNY story about Ira and Val? I'll tell some time, should you have an interest. :coolwink:

I have interest !

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have interest !

Damn...I was just heading out to the grocery store and you had to answer. :p

Okay.

So it's sometime in the mid '70's and I arrive late Wednesday afternoon in LA on a Flag Mission. One of my "Vital Targets" was to meet with the CO CCLA, CO AOLA and CO's ASHO Day & Fdn and breif them on my Mission.

That evening I called the the various CO's to set up times to meet with them after 2:00 PM, Thursday. However, the CO AOLA (Val Smith?) and the CO ASHO Day (Ira) both said that they would be happy to meet with me before 2:00 PM. I asked both of them if they were sure and they replied "Yes" and that they had a HUGE joint AOLA/ASHO Day Reg Cycle confirmed to come at 1:00 PM Thrusday that would put their GI's in Power.

I met with the CO AOLA at 12:45 the following day (Thursday), did my briefing and, while I was there the Certified Check for the big Reg Cycle came in and Val was all smug, smiles and could give a flying F what I was saying. I finished with Val and got to ASHO about 1:45 PM and was ushered into Ira's office. He was all smug, smiles and couldn't give a F about what I was saying.

During my Briefing to Ira his Communicator comes in all flustered and panicked and whispers into Ira's ear.

Ira's face flushed with the color of anger I'd seen before that only Ira was capable of and he jerked his private line phone receiver from its cradle and violently stabbed in the private line number of the CO AOLA.

What ensued was a cussin' match to end all cussin' matches, ending with Ira standing up, throwing the phone against the wall and shrieking, "Get my F'ing car" at this Communicator, tossed his trench coat over his shoulders--a la Napoleon--and screamed "That F'ing whore just said that all the money is theirs and they're keeping it!"

With that, Ira bolted towards the door to his office.

"Where are you going, Ira?" I asked Ira mirthfully.

Ira whirled about, thrusting his right arm with clinched fist into the air.

"I'm going to personally kill Val Smith!"

Ah, them were the "Good Old Days".:lol:

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Damn...I was just heading out to the grocery store and you had to answer. :p

Okay.

So it's sometime in the mid '70's and I arrive late Wednesday afternoon in LA on a Flag Mission. One of my "Vital Targets" was to meet with the CO CCLA, CO AOLA and CO's ASHO Day & Fdn and breif them on my Mission.

That evening I called the the various CO's to set up times to meet with them after 2:00 PM, Thursday. However, the CO AOLA (Val Smith?) and the CO ASHO Day (Ira) both said that they would be happy to meet with me before 2:00 PM. I asked both of them if they were sure and they replied "Yes" and that they had a HUGE joint AOLA/ASHO Day Reg Cycle confirmed to come at 1:00 PM Thrusday that would put their GI's in Power.

I met with the CO AOLA at 12:45 the following day (Thursday), did my briefing and, while I was there the Certified Check for the big Reg Cycle came in and Val was all smug, smiles and could give a flying F what I was saying. I finished with Val and got to ASHO about 1:45 PM and was ushered into Ira's office. He was all smug, smiling and couldn't give a F about what I was saying.

During my Briefing to Ira his Communicator comes in all flustered and panicked and whispers into Ira's ear.

Ira's face flushed with the color of anger I'd seen before that only Ira was capable of and he jerked his private line phone receiver of its cradle and violently stabbed in the private line number of the CO AOLA.

What ensued was a cussin' match to end all cussin' matches, ending with Ira standing up, throwing the phone against the wall and shrieking, "Get my F'ing car" at this Communicator, and threw his trench coat over his shoulders--a la Napoleon--and screamed "That F'ing whore just said that all the money is theirs and they're keeping it!"

With that, Ira bolted towards the door to his office.

"Where are you going, Ira?" I asked Ira mirthfully.

"I'm going to personally kill Val Smith!"

Ahh, them were the "Good Old Days".:lol:

Thank you !

Love it !

RogerB

Crusader
Love all you post, Face.

Bill Franks has posted here and told the story in writing of Hubbard's duplicity on the issue of O/Ws not being the cause of blows but that ARCXs are.

Bill is one of the good guys . . . it was he and Alan Walter who put together the Mission Holder conference for the purpose of cleaning up the lines and getting the scene winning . . . but that intent and meeting was sabotaged by Miscavige and his Int. Finance Police . . .

Face, Val Smith . . . is that the former Val Wigney ex wife of Cal Wigney who ran a mission in California?

R

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
PS : Betcha ANY auditor that was truly good & audited a few thousand hours could INVENT some damn good processes IF ASKED.

One post-cult problem with that is that the more and more highly-trained and experienced in using Scn tech one is the more one is "grooved into" Scn theories as well as practices. And "innovation" in that area then tends to consist of really very minor tweaks.

On the other hand . . . .

:biggrin:

Paul

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
The higher one goes up the org board the greater the pressure is to push LRH's brutality. We focus on the ugliness but half of the story is how people retained their humanity in spite of it all. The auditor who doesn't write down something that is too embarrassing or incriminating, the Ethics Officer that doesn't act on a Knowledge Report. The examples are many, often unseen even to those who benefit. Executives could be both, ruthless Product Officer and a buffer absorbing the insanity coming down lines.

I remember the golden rod on Bill. Maybe they think that in itself dispels the questions people have about how someone can be elevated so high with such praise only to be characterized later as the source of so many problems but it has a cumulative corrosive effect. Seeds of doubt linger, unspoken; if that can happen to Bill it can happen to anyone, this system of justice is arbitrary.

But Bill was RPFed, what, 3 times? Seriously, how many evil intentions can someone have going back billions and trillions of years? Every time a person is condemned to the RPF there is also a time when somebody releases them. LRH was always doing this whipsaw on us. Ring the bell: Feed the dog - Ring the bell: Beat the dog

Its the Triple Flows: Abuse yourself, help yourself, abuse others, help others, others abuse others, others help others. I'm no psychology expert but if I were looking for a good way to describe Stockholming - this would be it. So here we all are in LRH's personal hell construct alternating between abuser and savior. You have to ask if LRH was so devious that he actually only tolerated a little humanity just to keep the head fuck going?

Love this. It is completely true. After seeing Chris' video on the Truth Rundown I believe Hubbard was evil and devious enough to tolerate just enough humanity to keep the mind fuck going. Just when you think you can't hate the creep any more you find new and novel ways to do so.

Blanky

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Love all you post, Face.

Bill Franks has posted here and told the story in writing of Hubbard's duplicity on the issue of O/Ws not being the cause of blows but that ARCXs are.

Bill is one of the good guys . . . it was he and Alan Walter who put together the Mission Holder conference for the purpose of cleaning up the lines and getting the scene winning . . . but that intent and meeting was sabotaged by Miscavige and his Int. Finance Police . . .

Face, Val Smith . . . is that the former Val Wigney ex wife of Cal Wigney who ran a mission in California?

R

Thanks a bunch, Rog. :yes:

No.