What's new

Top 100 Stupid Moments in Scientology - PART ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

freethinker

Sponsor
Re: Top 100 Stupid Moments in Scientology

Most transgressions have already been spanned by the imagination of mankind but we guarantee you will be doing ones you never did before.

You'll be so excited you won't be able to wait to get them off and will commit new ones just to do so.

And if you don't get the cult you want we guarantee free transfer to another at no extra charge but we're so confident you'll love this, we're offering two cults for the same price to make sure you are fully satisfied.

1-800-cult hook up. :yes:

freethinker, I'm actually surprised there isn't an online dating site to go with that toll free telephone number!

Oh, and could you possibly give us a few examples of those "new and exciting transgressions to confess"?

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Bryan Seymour is such a Super Journalist. A few hours ago today, he posted this ~~
Bryan-Seymour.jpg

Bryan Seymour
7 hrs

Every now and again Scientology tries to enlist real journalists to unwittingly promote it's propaganda arm, Freedom Magazine. See below my response to Editor Sei Kato's latest attempt here at Seven News in Australia...

Sent: Tuesday, 26 January 2016 9:49 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Seven News

Hi Sei,

Our foreign editor Ric Carter passed on your letter and copy of Freedom Mag as soon as he received it.

I’ve alerted all our newsrooms to do the same.

The reason is simple.

Freedom Magazine is a disgraceful publication that serves only to vilify those who expose the truth about Scientology.

Your attack pieces on people including Alex Gibney, Lawrence Wright, Mike Rinder, Paul Haggis, Mark Headley, Jason Beghe and many others are appalling and represent an abuse of freedom of speech.

Hate, viciousness and ignorance – these are the qualities that define Freedom Magazine.

If you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to sit down with me and do an interview on camera. I invite you to also film the interview with your own crew so that you can be assured nothing will be taken out of context.

Please let me know when will suit.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Seymour
Senior Journalist | Seven News

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Bryan Seymour
7 hrs

Every now and again Scientology tries to enlist real journalists to unwittingly promote it's propaganda arm, Freedom Magazine. See below my response to Editor Sei Kato's latest attempt here at Seven News in Australia...

Hi Sei,

Our foreign editor Ric Carter passed on your letter and copy of Freedom Mag as soon as he received it.

The reason is simple.

Freedom Magazine is a disgraceful publication that serves only to vilify those who expose the truth about Scientology.

Your attack pieces on people including Alex Gibney, Lawrence Wright, Mike Rinder, Paul Haggis, Mark Headley, Jason Beghe and many others are appalling and represent an abuse of freedom of speech.

Hate, viciousness and ignorance – these are the qualities that define Freedom Magazine.

If you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to sit down with me and do an interview on camera. I invite you to also film the interview with your own crew so that you can be assured nothing will be taken out of context.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Seymour

What altogether stunning clarity!

Integrity. Scientologists clay demo the word and talk about it.

Bryan Semour lives it.

guanoloco

As-Wased

Bryan Seymour is such a Super Journalist. A few hours ago today, he posted this ~~
Bryan-Seymour.jpg

Bryan Seymour
7 hrs

Hi Sei,

The reason is simple.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Seymour

Scientology had better stick with the NOI for approval. They're the only ones unabberated enough to "get it".

This DB is merely a merchant of chaos, anyway...unlike that theta being Louis Farrakhan.

HelluvaHoax!

30 years ago...someone purchase a book.
Very carefully saved, this sale was preserved and 30 years later...stalked...

Portland.stalking.letter.jpg

https://twitter.com/jdamis/status/692548478476619777

One wonders what followup there could possibly be after that creepy letter 29 years after someone bought a book. LOL

The letter ends with "I would like to communicate with you"? Really? Why formally announce it, why not just start communicating?

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What did you want to communicate about?

RYAN PRESCOTT
The reason you blew after reading the Dianetics book.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What is there to communicate about?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Ron says 'when in doubt communicate'!

BRAD THE BOOBUYER
Wuttt? Who is Ron?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Ron discovered Scientology.
Ron says 'the only reason one gives up a study
is that they have misunderstood words'.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Ron seems to haver quite a bit to say to
you about me. Why doesn't "Ron" just call me himself?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Oh, Ron is very busy.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Really? What is he doing?

RYAN PRESCOTT
He is in outer space researching.
Without a body.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Now there's the real reason one
gives up a study. It's not misunderstood
words, buddy. It's that ridiculously
idiotic bullshit that "Ron" tells you people.
Like that whopper you just said where "Ron" is roaming through
outer space without a body. Do you even hear what you're saying!?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Okay, I totally get it! So, I still want to schedule
a time to communicate with you.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Isn't that what you just did? Communicate?

RYAN PRESCOTT
No, but I mean communicate in the Ideal Org.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What's ideal about it?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Well, for starters, we can have all the
staff surround you and block the doors
if you try to leave without paying a lot of money.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased

One wonders what followup there could possibly be after that creepy letter 29 years after someone bought a book. LOL

The letter ends with "I would like to communicate with you"? Really? Why formally announce it, why not just start communicating?

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What did you want to communicate about?

RYAN PRESCOTT
The reason you blew after reading the Dianetics book.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What is there to communicate about?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Ron says 'when in doubt communicate'!

BRAD THE BOOBUYER
Wuttt? Who is Ron?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Ron discovered Scientology.
Ron says 'the only reason one gives up a study
is that they have misunderstood words'.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Ron seems to haver quite a bit to say to
you about me. Why doesn't "Ron" just call me himself?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Oh, Ron is very busy.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Really? What is he doing?

RYAN PRESCOTT
He is in outer space researching.
Without a body.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Now there's the real reason one
gives up a study. It's not misunderstood
words, buddy. It's that ridiculously
idiotic bullshit that "Ron" tells you people.
Like that whopper you just said where "Ron" is roaming through
outer space without a body. Do you even hear what you're saying!?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Okay, I totally get it! So, I still want to schedule
a time to communicate with you.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
Isn't that what you just did? Communicate?

RYAN PRESCOTT
No, but I mean communicate in the Ideal Org.

BRAD THE BOOKBUYER
What's ideal about it?

RYAN PRESCOTT
Well, for starters, we can have all the
staff surround you and block the doors
if you try to leave without paying a lot of money.

I would like to flow affinity to this post.

freethinker

Sponsor

Scientology, the only religion that gives you a medal for being a dope, a t-shirt for giving them money, and a plaque to show your friends how proud you are to support a world without sanity. :yes:

Nominations for the stupidest moments in Scientology's 60 year history are now being accepted.

I would like to nominate for your consideration:

Tom cruise proudly showing off
his Freedom Medal of Valor

cruise-handshake.jpg

A sociopathic con man validates
his delusional co-conspirator.

Sure, I can see where that would be freedom and valor.

HelluvaHoax!

I would like to flow affinity to this post.

LOLOLOL, yeah exactly!

I was going to mention that word "affinity" as another example of how Scientologists suffer from PCNS (Pedantic Cult Nerd Syndrome). For claiming they are the "authorities in communication" they are freakishly clumsy, inept and cringey in the simple art of talking. Because, they have been loaded down with so many cult terms, words, concepts, scales, axioms, tech, policies and TRs about how to communicate--they are literally drowning in "vias"--the very thing that the communication course boasts it cures, lol.

I am reminded of the hard-to-believe story of the beautiful model who went on a first date with a well known Scientologist at Celebrity Center. Being a close friend at the time, the model confided in me what happened. Well, these were two creative, beautiful looking, sexually charged young people--so you can imagine how romantic their first date was!

Their destination--a perfectly dreamy French restaurant--where they looked at the menu while flirting and giggling. Once the French waiter took their order and left, they were alone with just candlelight and the sublime promise of divine eroticism hanging like perfumed mist in the air. The handsome young man took her hand and said that he had something very special for her. The model's eyes twinkled with expectation as he reached under the table to retrieve it.

Then he laid it down in front of her--Ron's book: "INTRODUCTION TO SCIENTOLOGY ETHICS". il est très romantique, non? lol

He then revealed his romantic plan, that they begin working on "2D CONDITIONS" together. Hey, it was their first date, right? So, why not get Ron's 2D tech working right away and avoid all the DevT and downstats! lol

That's right, you heard me. He wanted to be sure on the very first date to "get in" the "conditions" tech on their "2nd Dynamic". (uggghhhhh, line cringe!)

Oh yeah--so that "...their affinity stats would uptrend towards the ideal scene".

I don't know about anyone else, but just the thought of being in a romantic French restaurant with a sexy model and this book.....

41HLPHOGAdL._SL500_SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...gives me a giant boner (in the theta universe) on this planet.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

29 years later...the org letter registrar finally "sees" that the guy bought a book.

That letter (above) should appear as the graphic (absent mass!) in the dictionary under the definition of "COM LAG".

I happen to be familiar with this particular CF FOLDER. Here are some contents from other letters written to Brad Damis:

Dear Brad,

How are you doing? I see that 29 years ago you were Declared SP and thereafter the COS forced your wife, children, relatives, friends and professional associates to disconnect from you. Do you remember this?

Yours Sincerely,

Ryan Prescott

And a later letter. . .

Dear Brad,

How are you doing? I didn't hear back from you on my last letter about that SP order.

I heard that you became homeless and a chronic alcoholic after that.

Hey I have some very good news for you. An eval on Justice discovered that some ethics actions were out gradient and we are letting people petition to have their file reviewed. There is a special 5% discount rate for those who feel they have experienced some financial setbacks as a result of the Declare.

You should feel free to talk to me as a safe terminal, because I think we actually met each other before. I was one of the people protesting for 7 weeks in your front yard with those "NAZI SYMPATHIZER!" signs. Do you remember this?

Yours Sincerely,

Ryan Prescott

And a later letter. . .

Dear Brad,

How are you doing? I still didn't get any answers from you on my com particles. Let's keep this theta and high-toned, okay?

I really want to get your CF file up to date for our new Ideal Org checklist. It really wouldn't be pro-survival if you go out of com and refuse to answer. Ron states that an CF that is in PT will always produce Power expansion stats. Is that datum real to you? If not, you will be happy to learn that we are offering a "FREE DEMO KIT" to anyone who has blown in the past 50 years--if they will simply come in the org and let us know the names and addresses of any other blown people who might be spreading entheta about Scientology on the internet.

Hey, I heard rumors recently that you actually died from an alcohol/drug overdose. I don't like to validate rumors without getting correct data. Can you let me know if you are still alive so that the org doesn't get all DevT'd trying to use the ARC triangle on you, letter after letter. As you can imagine, it gets really annoying to try to get in com with downstats.

If in fact you dropped your body, it shows that you really didn't take responsibility for using Ron's tech, right? Next life when we tell you to do "A to E", you should just do it!

Well, like I say, it sure looks like someone went a bit out-gradient on your justice cycle with that Declare. Today the tech has been streamlined and all arbitraries have been removed. So, for example, if you did the same thing (invalidating the tech by joking about Ron's teeth) we probably wouldn't Declare you, but just give you some false data stripping and show you signed affidavits from Ron's dentists attesting to the fact that he had perfect teeth.

Oh well, so you lost your family, friends and job and became a db drunk, Ron states that Life is just a game, so it's not that big of a deal.

Be sure to answer me this time or you will lose that free demo-kit offer.

ML,

Ryan Prescott

HelluvaHoax!

Top 100 Stupid BIG LIES in Scientology

From another thread discussing DIANETICS comes this gargantuan BIG LIE, direct from the sacred scripture of L. Ron Hubbard.

OK, let's get the party rolling.

Here's Ron mentioning his 270 cases - I grossly underestimated Ron's production in this area and posted his stat as a mere 240 cases. I stand corrected:

"Just how many physical errors are psycho-somatic depends upon how many conditions
the body can generate out of the factors in the engrams. For example, the common cold has
been found to be psycho-somatic.
Clears do not get colds.

Just what, if any, part the virus plays in the common cold is not known, but it is known that when
engrams about colds are lifted, no further colds appear -- which is a laboratory fact not so far contradicted by 270 cases."
(L. Ron Hubbard)​

In the 36 years after publishing DMSMH that Hubbard lived, he never corrected the boldfaced and easily provable lie that "Clears do not get colds".

Every Scientologist in every org sees lots of Clears who have a cold.

All the case supervisors, auditors and course supervisors around the world see a great many Clears with colds.

Personally, in the decades that I spend in Scientology, years of which were spent Case Supervising and Auditing Scientologists, I'd estimate that 99 percent of the Clears I met, audited or C/Sed got colds

Yet. . .

If a student on course dared to disagree with "Clears do not get colds" they would be forced to go back and spend hours, days or weeks on looking for a misunderstood word that caused them to disagree with Hubbard.

And the course supervisors and word clearers who are trying to "handle" them could be Clears who have a cold WHILE THEY ARE DEMANDING THAT THE SCIENTOLOGIST KEEP LOOKING FOR THEIR MISUNDERSTOOD WORD! LOL

And if the student refuses to continue wasting time looking for "MU's", they would be routed to "Ethics" for discipline. Routed to Ethics by the Clears who have colds.

And the Ethics officer (also a Clear) could have a bad cold too. And he would assign the student to do "lower conditions" and "write up their overts".

Failing to forfeit his disagreement with Ron while in Ethics, the student would be ordered to pay for Sec Checking. And their Sec Check Auditor (a Clear) could take them in session every day with a cold.

After months of expensive Sec Checks. the student could be ordered to a Committee of Evidence. The members of the committee deciding their fate could be Clears (with colds).

And NOBODY in the word and NONE of the Clears with colds would think there anything even slightly unusual or out of place in slamming the student until he gives up his suppressive beliefs--that Ron was wrong about Clears never getting a cold.

Anyone who thinks this is an exaggeration is invited to do the following:

--go to any org in the world

---tell them you are interested in going Clear

--Ask them if everything Ron said about Clear in DMSMH
is 100 percent true. (they will tell you yes, with great certainty)

---tell them before you pay, you want to meet a real Clear first

-- When you meet the Clear, ask them if they ever get colds after going Clear.

-- Then ask them if they got a cold after Clear--didn't that mean that Ron was completely wrong?

Then, write a Knowledge Report on Ron Hubbard for lying---and the Ethics Officer will r-factor you to take a break and go home while they "handle the whole situation". You're told to just wait and something will come in the mail shortly.

You leave the org, super-uptone, thinking: "Wow, they must be sending me a COMMENDATION for Keeping Scientology Working!"

Last edited:

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

[Satire] I've often wondered about those 270 cases that Ron researched for his groundbreaking revelation in DMSMH.

It's inconceivable to me that out of 270 Clears, a large percentage of them wouldn't have stayed with Ron in his quest to alleviate mankind's suffering. The desire to help one's fellow man is demonstrably a common trait even for wogs, even as loaded down as we are with our reactive mind. In fact, that's exactly how an awful lot of us got involved in Scn in the first place. So surely, the majority of the Original 270 would have eventually involved themselves in the Church of Scientology to bring Eternal Peace and Happiness to the planet----right? I mean, considering what they had gained, it's inconceivable that not just some but a lot of them would stay close to LRH.

Somehow, I never met anyone who knew one of the Original 270--but I guess that's because I was only involved in the Church for less than 10 years in the 70's/80s, and was never on Staff--although I did a lot of volunteer work with staff.

I know it's been 65 years since DMSMH was published, so maybe around 70 years since the Original Research produced those 270 Original Clears--but some of them would have been fairly young, and lots of wogs make it to their upper 90s still in good health, so surely ALL of the Clears would (that didn't fall to attrition of accidents or other untimely deaths), given that they aren't plagued by the vast majority of health issues that cause the elderly to deteriorate. Surely a decent percentage of the Original 270 are still alive......right?

So let me put the question out to those of you who go back to the 50's, 60s, 70s or even 80s---who met one of those Original 270 Clears? Or, who met someone who worked with one, or who had a friend/co-worker who worked with one? Who knows someone who knew someone who knew one of the O-270?

Surely some of the Original 270 made it into Sea Org? How could they NOT stand out as an inspiration (especially since they never got colds in freezing weather) to everyone on the crew?

If there's not a list of Ron's 270 subjects--well, that's reasonable, because the study might have been handled confidentially---but surely those who later joined Ron's Church of Scientology would have talked about it. They were free to discuss it after the fact, right? Who knows what finally happened to them? Surely the passing of the last of the Original 270 should be a day to be memorialized, like the passing of the last WW1 Vet. Although, given the expected long lifespan of an Original Clear, it may not be for decades yet.

So who on here knows anything about them? I apologize for my ignorance. Somehow the subject never came up while I was In--can't understand why. [/satire]

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

I've often wondered about those 270 cases that Ron researched for his groundbreaking revelation in DMSMH.
I've thought about one thing often.

The whole premise of GAT I & II is that LRH with the tech in his own hands, did in fact produce all the results he lectured and wrote about.

The flaw is in you, incompetent you, who has not duplicated what he was doing. You can't do it!

Ergo, why not have the COS and RTC just publicly present some of his products, some of the people who actually achieved these states while in the master's hands during the 50's and 60's.

Yes, bring the homo novi and theta clears onto the stage at the Shrine Auditorium and parade them around. Let them speak for themselves; show what they got. After all, these states transcend body age . . . or so I've been told.

I've never met any theta clears and I've met my share of old timers over the years. Nice people usually, just not what was sold to us sadly. :whistling:

I knew double OT8 George Seidler, who began his training with Ron personally in '51 or so and attended many congresses along the way. He lived to 92 and died just recently. Nice man but sadly not exhibiting any remarkable OT abilities after all those years of devotion to Ron's tech. Not that I noticed.

Oh, well . . . :shrug:

Anonycat

Crusader

I've thought about one thing often.

The whole premise of GAT I & II is that LRH with the tech in his own hands, did in fact produce all the results he lectured and wrote about.

The flaw is in you, incompetent you, who has not duplicated what he was doing. You can't do it!

Ergo, why not have the COS and RTC just publicly present some of his products, some of the people who actually achieved these states while in the master's hands during the 50's and 60's.

Yes, bring the homo novi and theta clears onto the stage at the Shrine Auditorium and parade them around. Let them speak for themselves; show what they got. After all, these states transcend body age . . . or so I've been told.

I've never met any theta clears and I've met my share of old timers over the years. Nice people usually, just not what was sold to us sadly. :whistling:

I knew double OT8 George Seidler, who began his training with Ron personally in '51 or so and attended many congresses along the way. He lived to 92 and died just recently. Nice man but sadly not exhibiting any remarkable OT abilities after all those years of devotion to Ron's tech. Not that I noticed.

Oh, well . . . :shrug:

My uncle did diane-netics around 1950 with LaFayette, and thought it was total bullshit. I think he was spot on.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

[Satire] I've often wondered about those 270 cases that Ron researched for his groundbreaking revelation in DMSMH.

It's inconceivable to me that out of 270 Clears, a large percentage of them wouldn't have stayed with Ron in his quest to alleviate mankind's suffering. The desire to help one's fellow man is demonstrably a common trait even for wogs, even as loaded down as we are with our reactive mind. In fact, that's exactly how an awful lot of us got involved in Scn in the first place. So surely, the majority of the Original 270 would have eventually involved themselves in the Church of Scientology to bring Eternal Peace and Happiness to the planet----right? I mean, considering what they had gained, it's inconceivable that not just some but a lot of them would stay close to LRH.

Somehow, I never met anyone who knew one of the Original 270--but I guess that's because I was only involved in the Church for less than 10 years in the 70's/80s, and was never on Staff--although I did a lot of volunteer work with staff.

I know it's been 65 years since DMSMH was published, so maybe around 70 years since the Original Research produced those 270 Original Clears--but some of them would have been fairly young, and lots of wogs make it to their upper 90s still in good health, so surely ALL of the Clears would (that didn't fall to attrition of accidents or other untimely deaths), given that they aren't plagued by the vast majority of health issues that cause the elderly to deteriorate. Surely a decent percentage of the Original 270 are still alive......right?

So let me put the question out to those of you who go back to the 50's, 60s, 70s or even 80s---who met one of those Original 270 Clears? Or, who met someone who worked with one, or who had a friend/co-worker who worked with one? Who knows someone who knew someone who knew one of the O-270?

Surely some of the Original 270 made it into Sea Org? How could they NOT stand out as an inspiration (especially since they never got colds in freezing weather) to everyone on the crew?

If there's not a list of Ron's 270 subjects--well, that's reasonable, because the study might have been handled confidentially---but surely those who later joined Ron's Church of Scientology would have talked about it. They were free to discuss it after the fact, right? Who knows what finally happened to them? Surely the passing of the last of the Original 270 should be a day to be memorialized, like the passing of the last WW1 Vet. Although, given the expected long lifespan of an Original Clear, it may not be for decades yet.

So who on here knows anything about them? I apologize for my ignorance. Somehow the subject never came up while I was In--can't understand why. [/satire]

I used my remote viewing skills to observe some of the original research that Ron did back then. Here's a picture of him auditing one of those 270 original research subjects.

hubbard_emeter.jpg

Jump

Operating teatime

I used my remote viewing skills to observe some of the original research that Ron did back then. Here's a picture of him auditing one of those 270 original research subjects.

One of his major findings was that there are 57 varieties.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

hubbard_emeter.jpg

Are those little younger tomatoes on the plant the bigger tomatoes BT's?

guanoloco

As-Wased

Here's what Ron says in Dianetics:

One receives a bonus of increased health, happinessand longevity, an increase in longevity which is at least a hundred to one for every hour of therapy.​

So that means if you got 500 hours to go clear then it added 50,000 hours to your life or about 5 and 3/4 years. I'd say they would be dropping off fairly regularly about now.

However, when on staff I carried a little pocket book in which I kept track of those on lines both staff and public who were past life Clears and past life Scientologists and what I found out was that going Clear was about as sure of a way of dying as stopping some high velocity lead because more than half were past lifers.

...or else...just maybe...given the percentages...the past life claims were bullshit...

Incidentally, there was a very high concentration of Marilyn Monroes on lines, too.

Which, if you think about it, is really, really stupid because I was Marilyn Monroe.

Last edited:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious

Here is something interesting.

L Ron Hubbard spent his final days living in Bluebird motor home.

L Ron Hubbard created Dianetics but later, in 1954, created Scientology (I know, created gives it too much credibility but bear with me).

Between 1951 and 1953, the CIA ran a mind control program called Project Bluebird.

The purpose of this project was to instill in the subject multiple personalities (think BT's).

They were also able to produce an actual Manchurian Candidate.

This project was put to use in infiltration. (think GO in late 70's)

Read here:
BLUEBIRD is the cryptonym for a CIA mind control program that ran from 1951 to 1953. Other mind control programs include ARTICHOKE, MKULTRA, and MKSEARCH. The purpose of the book BLUEBIRDis to prove that the military and the CIA have been creating “Manchurian Candidates” for operational use since the second world war. This fact is described repeatedly by G.H. Estabrooks and in CIA documents on BLUEBIRD and ARTICHOKE obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. By research at the medical school library, ordering out-of-print books, and requests filed through the Freedom of Information Act, Dr. Ross has built up compelling documentation of the fact that the CIA and military intelligence agencies have been creating multiple personality experimentally, and using these subjects in courier and infiltration operations.

https://sites.google.com/site/mcrais/bluebird

This is very interesting, Freethinker and a subject close to my situation. Arnie Lerma has touched upon this as well as others but it is a subject that deserves it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.