What's new

COSMOD Staff from 1973-85

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another ED was Lynn Irons. As for the Cota's they're both still in the Church. Same with Rohn Walker. I'm new to this board and very excited to be a part of this group. I was on staff at COSMOD Sac from 1976 to 1980. Left the church in 2010. I'd LOVE to find out what happened to the staff and public during the time I was on staff. I think about Jim Chetwood, Remitz, Benny Houston and others. I know pretty much who is still in the Church such as Lynn Irons, Reggie Caldwell, Jeff Cota, Christi & Greg Losh. Whatever happened to Peggy Weller? So many people I'd love to hook up with.

I was at Delphi and SF from 75-83. Public in Sac 75. I knew Lynn, Reggie, Jeff & Patti Cota, Christi and Greg Losh and I used to live with Peggy's sister. Welcome aboard. It's fun here especially with all the cool shit happening these days

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the heads up. I don't even know how to private message you. Brand new to this board. I don't really care who sees my posts. I now live in the middle of nowhere and all my past friends have disconnected from me. Have no one else to lose if you know what I mean. When on staff I mostly worked as the receptionist. Awhhh Reggie. My favorite person to hate. :) I worked as Reggie's communicator for awhile. You must have been one OT chick to have worked for her and made it without getting sliced and diced.

These posts you are answering are kind of old. I've been on the board for about a month and never heard back from anyone on this thread. There are a few ex cosmod who post currently. We were definitely at Delphi at the same time. I was in Qual there at that time. Diana's communicator was a thankless job. I saw a few crash and burn.

Shermie

Patron
Hi,

If you click on the user's name, that will bring down a list of options, one of which is "Private Message".

If you then click on that one, a "private message" page appears
with a text window in the middle which you can type your message into. When you've finished, click on "Submit Message".
Thank you. I got a msg sent.

Shermie

Patron
Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, but I saw an obituary in the local newspaper last night, that Bob Street had died. He was in charge of Div 6 for a while in the 70's at COSMOD Sac. Was married to Barbara Street, and they had a little girl named Anna. They were offlines when I got booted off staff in 1983, but decided to rejoin so that Bob could redo the Purif. From the obit, it looks like he and Barb divorced, because she wasn't listed as a survivor. No cause was given, but thanks were given to a dialysis unit and donations were to be made to the Heart Transplant Fund at Stanford Hospital. He attested to clear in 1991 and did a Solo Prep class in 1998.

Bob died of a heart attack. He was remarried twice. The third wife he brought her into the Sac Org. She wasn't a Scntologist. Even AFTER she did the levels she didn't want auditing. Don't know if he was still married to her at the time he dropped the body though. Loved Streeter. So funny. I'm in search some of the Div 6ers back then such as Debbie Boen. I know she survived breast cancer.

Shermie

Patron
Big welcome to esmb to you excosmodgrrl.

Were you COSMOD Davis or Sac?

Would really like to hear a story and maybe see if we crossed paths in some way.

I have started posting my story starting in Davis then Sac org, '76-90 so was around a lot of staff and public.

Though there were plenty of Brian's around, any ring a bell? PM is ok, no last name for the time being, please.

Brian

Hi Brian - I was on staff COSMOD Sac 76 to 80. I was on lines at Sac Org for awhile also during that time. I do recall a Brian being there but can't recall the last name. Did the HSDC internship at the Sac Org. In fact, my student auditor was named Brian. Uhmmmmmm. Could it be???

Shermie

Patron
These posts you are answering are kind of old. I've been on the board for about a month and never heard back from anyone on this thread. There are a few ex cosmod who post currently. We were definitely at Delphi at the same time. I was in Qual there at that time. Diana's communicator was a thankless job. I saw a few crash and burn.

I agree with that. But I never held any post where I got validated so it was just another post to me. She had a bitchen office though. :eyeroll: Loved the environment, the trees, the foggy mornings, the people, the 4th floor library. Liked running errands in Portland.

Were u ever able to get any Bridge?

lilly

I used to cook the desserts for those midnight rats! I made 24 loaves of bread for lunch, 12 for dinner, dessert for 150 people cookies for kids snacks and dessert for mid rats. I was 15 at the time and had no help.

If my memory serves me well. Jim Brooks was at Portland Mission. After his wife Linda had a baby they blew. I was sorry to see them go at the time because they were really nice people.

Alan Hollander was at Delphi but not running it I think he was doing something in PR. Was it him that moved to running Portland? I can't remember who was running Portland in the mid to late 70's. I have seriously blanked a lot of this stuff out :)

The D/Ed of Portland was Larry Silver. Alan Hollander took the post after Larry.

freet43

Patron with Honors
Dear All - Has anyone heard from Shermie? I didn't check my messages for months and by the time I sent her a message, she seems to have disappeared.

She also shared her FB name and I sent her a FB request....... no answer...

I hope she is okay...

Does anyone know what happened?

Thank you so much..... And hi to the old gang and hello to the new guys also......I have too much going on in my life to keep up with anything here.....

Hugs!

Marina

freet43

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the heads up. I don't even know how to private message you. Brand new to this board. I don't really care who sees my posts. I now live in the middle of nowhere and all my past friends have disconnected from me. Have no one else to lose if you know what I mean. When on staff I mostly worked as the receptionist. Awhhh Reggie. My favorite person to hate. :) I worked as Reggie's communicator for awhile. You must have been one OT chick to have worked for her and made it without getting sliced and diced.

Wow.... I just am reading this..... My uncle went into emergency the day after this post and I never looked on ESMB again for months....

Please - has anyone heard from Shermie??????????

And, does anyone know where Martin Samuels is?

I hope to catch up with both Shermie and Martin.

PS> Reggies was one of my close friends amongst my many, many close COSMOD friends...... I heard she really got creamed at Flag.....was sorry to hear about that....

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Bob died of a heart attack. He was remarried twice. The third wife he brought her into the Sac Org. She wasn't a Scntologist. Even AFTER she did the levels she didn't want auditing. Don't know if he was still married to her at the time he dropped the body though. Loved Streeter. So funny. I'm in search some of the Div 6ers back then such as Debbie Boen. I know she survived breast cancer.

Sorry to do such a late post to this, Shermie. Debbie sadly died several years ago from melanoma. She and her husband had relocated to somewhere in the midwest, Ohio I think. My daughter is close friends with her daughter, Gwen. She was one of my favorite people.

freet43

Patron with Honors
Sorry to do such a late post to this, Shermie. Debbie sadly died several years ago from melanoma. She and her husband had relocated to somewhere in the midwest, Ohio I think. My daughter is close friends with her daughter, Gwen. She was one of my favorite people.

Hi Hummingbird! Thank you for this post.....I barely knew her as she was not at Davis I don't think....She was actually still alive last year and was reaching out on ESMB and FB.... as late as mid April...

I was so inundated with trying to keep my uncle alive against ALL odds of elder abuse and such while still working 24/7 and etc. She was already gone I understand when I posted the last post.....

When she no longer was responding on ESMB and was no longer on FB suddenly, and with my own sensing of what happened, I looked for obits where she had moved to and so forth.

Didn't locate anything, though I was certain she had passed on.

I rarely have time for ESMB any more...

But I like to pop in sometimes and see if anyone else has popped up from those years.

I left when I did and made my own life. I have no regrets.....THOSE were some of the best years in my life and I still think fondly of the many friends I made.

We WERE the JEDI and I still am. But, I have taken on bigger and better and more useful games...

Unfortunately, too many who stayed in longer have died. I am not sure if that is due to the twisted tech or the decades on NOTS>...or the stress or the enforced losses of family and friends - or the decades on the RPF or the RPFS RPF or the hole...

If not dead, or out, many of our old friends are still drinking the kool aid or at least pretending to so that their family doesn't disconnect.

It was so much easier back in the 70s....no hassles no declares no disconnections...

I hope YOU are well.

Marina

freet43

Patron with Honors
Uhm, no. His/her profile says he/she was only on this board in April 2015 for 8 days.

Shermie, RIP, was well known to those who knew her.

I believe she was mostly at COSMOD - Sacramento.....

I was my whole time at COSMOD -Davis and then for a few months helped start COSMOD-SF on Sutter back in 79....but I may be wrong as I left while she was somewhat new I believe....

The OTHER missions and Delphi all grew out of Davis... as someone was ready to play a bigger game, usually they were sent for more training and auditing before moving to be an exec at the next mission to be established and to grow...

I knew the execs at all of the COSMOD missions well as I was Qual Sec/ D/ED second in command for most of my last 4 years at Davis..

We were booming and therefore my job was cush and I was probably the longest lasting exec on one post ever in Davis.

Most of the time, Rohn Walker was the ED during those years. His wife, Vikki Walker, was our Snr CS until she started Apple School in Sacramento...

I was quite close to Martin, and the times when I was in charge of the mission while the ED was away on training or auditing or once on Conditions, met with him regularly for meetings at Delphi with the other EDs...

When Delphi was opened in '75 (?) Martin flew ALL COSMOD staff from Davis, Sac and wherever they may be on training or auditing, and bussed in EVERYONE from newly opened Portland and Sheridan to a huge gala. That was when All of us were together for the most raucous weekend ever....

There is a lot of good and fun history back in those days.

You can read a Piece of Blue Sky to learn a bit more about what happened in '82. Fortunately, I had seen the writing on the wall in 79 and left before then.

It seemed everyone knew Shermie...and it is sad that she didn't get to hang out and visit with more old friends before she passed on.

I would love to hear from anyone else who may have known me back in the 70s....

Marina

freet43

Patron with Honors
The D/Ed of Portland was Larry Silver. Alan Hollander took the post after Larry.

Larry Silver was not my fave...

I liked most everyone on staff and generally see the good in folks... but for some reason I just didn't find him likeable nor trustworthy.

I took my first vacation ever while on staff in 79. When I left Rohn Walker was ED and I came back to see that Larry was the NEW ED....

I thought WTF>.... I had already decided while on vacation that I was going to leave and this clinched it....

Reggie invited me to help her set up CoSMOD-SF and I decided to help her out while waiting for my readmittance to UCD.

The day I got that letter, I gave notice, went back home to Davis, got a job at the university the following day and never looked back.

I liked Allan Hollander a lot better.....

but I was so fortunate to leave when I did.

NO REGRETS>... and I truly LEARNED a lot in those years.

Are you still around here Lily?

By the later years there were soO many people amongst all the missions that I didn't meet or know many at the other missions...

And, this was HOW many decades now since we partied to John Travolta and the theme from Star Wars... LOL

Marina