What's new

Scientology and Janet Weiland's Campaign to Silence Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology and Janet Weiland's Campaign to Silence Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney.

Jenny At LAX: The church of scientology' Campaign to Silence Me

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/the-church-of-scientologys-campagin-to-silence-me/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. For today’s blog, I’m not reporting from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters, in Los Angeles. I’m writing to you, instead, from my residence. I thank my lucky stars that I still have a roof over my head because scientology would rather shut me up or see me without a place to live.

Why? What happened? What are the specifics? Who did what? Who is the “who” behind it all?

On Monday, May 2, 2016, a day after someone from scientology called the police on me during a silent protest on L. Ron Hubbard Way (“LRH Way”) at PAC Base, someone showed up where I live, and spoke to the person in charge. This is how her business card reads:

Church of Scientology in Los Angeles
Janet Weiland
Vice-President
1308 L. Ron Hubbard Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027

I have her phone, cell and email address, too.

Ms. Weiland tried to exercise scientology’s muscles to get the person who runs the facility that I live at to do something about me. They told her, however, that they have no control over me and that if they have a problem with me, that they will have to deal with me directly. It’s my understanding that in the discussion, Ms. Weiland revealed the fact that the police had been called about my taking pictures on LRH Way while there were children in the vicinity. I actually didn’t take any pictures of children along LRH Way knowing full well that I can’t publish them. It’s well-known where I live that scientology is a cult. Thanks be to God that I still have a place to call home.

Keep in mind that I found out about Ms. Weiland’s visit today, Wednesday, May 4, 2016. Nobody pulled me in for meeting nor did anyone take me aside to find out about Ms. Weiland’s allegations. I’m afraid to report that Ms. Weiland, the Office of Special Affairs and scientology were ineffective in their attempts to discredit me and dishonor my name.

The bigger picture here is that someone has been following me. Someone who I’m “friends” with on Facebook may not be who I think he or she is, and has searched my FB page for information about where I live. Ms. Weiland’s actions prove that a silent protest in which a little magnetic sign adhered to the side of a car slowly and quietly circling PAC Base can make scientology rear its ugly head. All we want, Ms. Weiland, is for loved ones in scientology to call those they’ve left behind: their parents, their children, their extended family, their significant other, their work associates, their bosses, all the people they’ve left behind, all in the name of “clearing the planet.”

Whatever it is that scientology is afraid of doesn’t matter. All that matters is something we’re doing is getting under their skin. We are the good guys here. We are not hiding anything. We stand for justice and, of course, things like “the American Way” (since were talking about Los Angeles). But scientology is an international fraternity who moves their Sea Org slaves around like pieces on a chessboard. We don’t stand for just Americans; we stand for the rights of the disconnected, the declared and the excommunicated worldwide.

Notice that Ms. Weiland’s address doesn’t read “Church of Scientology OF Los Angeles,” because if it did, it would be the Los Angeles Organization (“LA Org”), located at 4810 W. Sunset Blvd., in Los Angeles. The Advanced Organization of Los Angeles (“AOLA”), is located at 1306 LRH Way, at the southeast corner of LRH Way and Fountain. All even numbered addresses in Los Angeles are on the south or east side of the streets; all odd numbered addresses are on the north or west side of the streets. If you were to walk behind AOLA, through their parking, you’d reach what most likely is the street address where Ms. Weiland can be found, at 1308 LRH Way.

Who is Janet Weiland?

1%202016-05-04%20Bent_zpsfd01ul6b.jpg

Photo Caption: From the Xenu Directory, in a web site address that contains the phrase “osababes,” I found a photo of a “Janet Weiland.” “OSABabes” must refer to “babes,” or the pretty women of “OSA,” meaning scientology’s Office of Special Affairs. The same person who supplied this photo also supplied a photo of Gerry Armstrong’s wedding, complete with a full-length, much younger “Janet Weiland,” but that photo is no longer available at that website.

[SNIP]

4%202016-05-04%20Bent_zpsc9qvxkck.jpg

Photo Caption: From the Scientology Newsroom, we find a photo of a “Janet Weiland,” scientology’s Public Affairs representative sharing information with others on drug education provided by the so-called “church.” That same “Janet Weiland” stood proudly at the scientology tent set up at the Parliament of the World Religions, held October 2015, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. (I got into scientology, by the way, through their Mission of Salt Lake City, in 1977.) “People would line up or call ahead,” Ms. Weiland declared, “to reserve a place at the Volunteer Ministers tent to receive a scientology assist.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: Scientology and Janet Weiland's Campaign to Silence Photojournalist Fred G. Hasen

Janet Weiland was in OSA Int when I was there, 1986+. If she's VP CSI she'll still be in OSA Int PR Div. Maybe she operates out of OSA US if she's basically the PR front for LA.

Talking of PR front, I suppose it's rather boorish to mention her huge breasts. I had to give her a nerve assist once: boy, that was tricky.

Anyway . . . .

Paul

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology and Janet Weiland's Campaign to Silence Photojournalist Fred G. Hasen

Janet Weiland was in OSA Int when I was there, 1986+. If she's VP CSI she'll still be in OSA Int PR Div. Maybe she operates out of OSA US if she's basically the PR front for LA.

Talking of PR front, I suppose it's rather boorish to mention her huge breasts. I had to give her a nerve assist once: boy, that was tricky.

Anyway . . . .

Paul

You seem restimulated.

You could be stuck in an incident.

Any withholds?

JustSheila

Crusader

Anyway . . . .

Paul

That's interesting. She was on the RPF with me in 1985, so must have been posted there in 1986. Was my twin for a few months. She's quite a bit older than me, was on Mission Into Time. That smaller picture is not only badly shooped (that's not her eye color, she has greenish or hazel eyes), but it's about 40 years old. Janet would be in her 60s now and she looked far older than that with plenty of wrinkles by 1985. OSA Babes? Rily?

So many last names on her folders, too. By 1985, she was on her 3rd or 4th marriage. I don't remember her having any children, either. She was on MIT and told me it was just a treasure hunt. Remember that, Janet? Remember the 'rock party' you told me about, firsthand? Remember how you told me how you didn't personally like L Ron and how he made a fool of himself when he dressed himself all up in his self-awarded medals and strutted out on the deck like a peacock and the locals laughed and threw rocks and he ran out of there and yelled out an order to leave because the place was full of SPs? :laugh:

Remember how you told me in confidence that you felt terrified of Hubbard? Could that have been your own spiritual reaction to his incredible evil?

Best of all, Janet, do you remember 'cracking my spirit' on the horrible Int Rundown? Because that's what actually happened. That's what you and that rundown actually did. You nearly fell out of your chair in that session. It scared you out of your mind. That's what it feels like when you really, really hurt someone spiritually, Janet. Yeh, that's what it looks like on the emeter. That's what scientology does to people... sometimes it does it slow, sometimes it does it fast, but that's what it does. I was trapped on the RPF and just wanted to leave and raise my family and how evil was that, Janet, how evil is scientology, that instead of letting me go, when every day I was separated from my 5-year old son I was completely torn up inside and miserable, you and that lousy C/S and evil Hubbard instead had a 'process to run on me' to 'handle' my love and concern for my son and try to break my will to leave and live my own life and raise my son properly instead of in that abusive Cadet Org and Sea Org?

I know you've never seen or experienced anything like that before in scn and probably never again so I know - absolutely - that you remember that session. Black scientology. that RPF, that Int Rundown, the reaction you saw (and felt) was the pure evil of the process itself breaking a mother's heart. Pure mental torture designed to break others' will. You feared it at the time, remember?

Be afraid, be very afraid. You are in the devil's lair and working as its instrument.

Oh I know you remember, Janet Weiland. You've done enough harm. Leave us alone. Leave scientology and maybe, just maybe some of your original spirit and compassion might recover some day.

I remember when you still had some of that. I remember when you still had a bit of your true self left and weren't a complete tool for the monstrous machine of scientology.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

There is nothing about Scientology that surprises anymore; nothing too low, or too degraded.
From the utter Nazi-like depravity of OSAbots like Janet Wieland, to the disgustingly deplorable behavior of Scientology lawyers Deixler, Yingling and Co. who seek to undermine the 1st Amendment, Scientology is failing massively on every front.

Phil and Willie Jones' billboard, Ron Miscavige's Ruthless, Tony Ortega, Chris Shelton, Karen, Mike Rinder; the combined voices of each and every one of us speaking and writing the truth about it is what has made the difference.

America, unlike Scientology, celebrates free speech.

Scientology, as a pseudo-religion, self-help movement, pseudo-philosophy...whatever one chooses to call it...is dying a long, slow, agonized death.

It will not be a death with dignity. It will be unlamented.

And we, who speak for, and remember the victims, have the front row seats to its demise.

In the marketplace of ideas, Scientology has been relegated to the bottom of the trash heap.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

<snip>

Anyway . . . .

Paul

Paul, IMO it is boorish, and totally out of order, to mention the word breasts on this mb. Should they be large breasts or small breasts, oranges or lemons, it's totally inappropriate to mention them (breasts) here. Whether they require a bra to hold them up or if they are free-standing, we simply do not want to know. If they come with pale pink nipples or dark brown ones, I believe I speak for the majority of males here when I say that we are not in the least bit interested in hearing about them, so I hope this shameful lapse in your conduct will not be repeated any time soon.

Sorry for the [strike]breasts[/strike] derail.

Stratty.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

Anyway . . . .

Paul

LOL!

Yeh, I remember she had back pain all the time from the huge breasts. She was always getting nerve assists, touch assists and spinal assists. So from what you're saying, even after the RPF. Obviously FPRD (and Clear and going to OT3 before that) did not handle that. She had headaches, too - bad ones, where her back affected her neck affected her head. Unless she's had back surgery since, I'm sure scientology has never, ever handled the source of Janet Weiland's physical pain.
Physical pain can make people act pretty awful sometimes.

JennyAtLAX

There is nothing about Scientology that surprises anymore; nothing too low, or too degraded.
From the utter Nazi-like depravity of OSAbots like Janet Wieland, to the disgustingly deplorable behavior of Scientology lawyers Deixler, Yingling and Co. who seek to undermine the 1st Amendment, Scientology is failing massively on every front.

Phil and Willie Jones' billboard, Ron Miscavige's Ruthless, Tony Ortega, Chris Shelton, Karen, Mike Rinder; the combined voices of each and every one of us speaking and writing the truth about it is what has made the difference.

America, unlike Scientology, celebrates free speech.

Scientology, as a pseudo-religion, self-help movement, pseudo-philosophy...whatever one chooses to call it...is dying a long, slow, agonized death.

It will not be a death with dignity. It will be unlamented.

And we, who speak for, and remember the victims, have the front row seats to its demise.

In the marketplace of ideas, Scientology has been relegated to the bottom of the trash heap.

I'll always remember fondly shocking the hell out of a PAC Base Security Guard, in Los Angeles. It occurred early on during my ventures around PAC Base; in fact, it took place about a year ago, and I had my first Sony camera in tow. As I stood on Fountain Avenue with my lens focused on the "SCIENTOLOGY" sign that overwhelms that otherwise quiet street, the Security Guard asked why I was there, what was my interest in scientology. My reply (which caused him to do a double-take and actually stutter when he asked, "W-what did you say?" in response): "I'm documenting the demise of scientology incorporated."

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Unless she's had back surgery since, I'm sure scientology has never, ever handled the source of Janet Weiland's physical pain.

Dunno about back surgery, but wouldn't a mammoplasty handle the source of the physical problems? It probably wouldn't help in the husband-finding department, but I guess it's a matter of one's priorities.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

"Er, Janet, have you seen ESMB today?"

"No Karin. Why?"

"There's a whole thread derailed into mostly talking about your breasts."

Paul

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors

"Er, Janet, have you seen ESMB today?"

"No Karin. Why?"

"There's a whole thread derailed into mostly talking about your breasts."

Paul

I'm just waiting for the B--T--s zinger.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

How May Day at Scientology's PAC Base turned into Mayday - Part 2.

Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney has another photo-essay up with many pictures and explanatory text.

Jenny at LAX: How May Day at Scientology's PAC Base turned into Mayday - Part 2

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...entologys-pac-base-turned-into-mayday-part-2/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. For today’s blog, I’m returning to the visit I conducted on May, 1 (“May Day”), 2016, to the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. That day, Cece Marie Gangle Smith, her dog, Simi, and their support circled PAC Base, carrying the heartfelt message from Phil and Willie Jones, “To my loved one in scientology… call me.” As a result, scientology blew a gasket, called the police on me (“Mayday”), and, with 48 hours, sent a goon to my residence in an attempt to disrupt my life.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Two sample pictures:

11%202016-05-08%20Mayday%20Part%202%20IMG_3049_zpsjkti4hrt.jpg

15%202016-05-08%20Mayday%20Part%202%20IMG_8181_zpsjaeemrg7.jpg

phenomanon

Canyon

Dunno about back surgery, but wouldn't a mammoplasty handle the source of the physical problems? It probably wouldn't help in the husband-finding department, but I guess it's a matter of one's priorities.

Paul

Yer. Breast Reduction can save a woman years of debilitating pain. I have a Lady friend with a very small frame, but humongous breasts. She had them reduced soon after she left COS.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder if Janet might know where OSA Canada Yvette Shank has disappeared to. Perhaps Ottawa, ON Canada where I know a few old GO charged in the scientology Snow White affair scuttled off to or were from.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/index.php/t-22868.html

That's interesting. She was on the RPF with me in 1985, so must have been posted there in 1986. Was my twin for a few months. She's quite a bit older than me, was on Mission Into Time. That smaller picture is not only badly shooped (that's not her eye color, she has greenish or hazel eyes), but it's about 40 years old. Janet would be in her 60s now and she looked far older than that with plenty of wrinkles by 1985. OSA Babes? Rily?

So many last names on her folders, too. By 1985, she was on her 3rd or 4th marriage. I don't remember her having any children, either. She was on MIT and told me it was just a treasure hunt. Remember that, Janet? Remember the 'rock party' you told me about, firsthand? Remember how you told me how you didn't personally like L Ron and how he made a fool of himself when he dressed himself all up in his self-awarded medals and strutted out on the deck like a peacock and the locals laughed and threw rocks and he ran out of there and yelled out an order to leave because the place was full of SPs? :laugh:

Remember how you told me in confidence that you felt terrified of Hubbard? Could that have been your own spiritual reaction to his incredible evil?

Best of all, Janet, do you remember 'cracking my spirit' on the horrible Int Rundown? Because that's what actually happened. That's what you and that rundown actually did. You nearly fell out of your chair in that session. It scared you out of your mind. That's what it feels like when you really, really hurt someone spiritually, Janet. Yeh, that's what it looks like on the emeter. That's what scientology does to people... sometimes it does it slow, sometimes it does it fast, but that's what it does. I was trapped on the RPF and just wanted to leave and raise my family and how evil was that, Janet, how evil is scientology, that instead of letting me go, when every day I was separated from my 5-year old son I was completely torn up inside and miserable, you and that lousy C/S and evil Hubbard instead had a 'process to run on me' to 'handle' my love and concern for my son and try to break my will to leave and live my own life and raise my son properly instead of in that abusive Cadet Org and Sea Org?

I know you've never seen or experienced anything like that before in scn and probably never again so I know - absolutely - that you remember that session. Black scientology. that RPF, that Int Rundown, the reaction you saw (and felt) was the pure evil of the process itself breaking a mother's heart. Pure mental torture designed to break others' will. You feared it at the time, remember?

Be afraid, be very afraid. You are in the devil's lair and working as its instrument.

Oh I know you remember, Janet Weiland. You've done enough harm. Leave us alone. Leave scientology and maybe, just maybe some of your original spirit and compassion might recover some day.

I remember when you still had some of that. I remember when you still had a bit of your true self left and weren't a complete tool for the monstrous machine of scientology.

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors

I wonder if Janet might know where OSA Canada Yvette Shank has disappeared to. Perhaps Ottawa, ON Canada.

"Originally posted by JustSheila
So many last names on her folders, too. By 1985, she was on her 3rd or 4th marriage. I don't remember her having any children, either. She was on MIT and told me it was just a treasure hunt. Remember that, Janet? Remember the 'rock party' you told me about, firsthand? Remember how you told me how you didn't personally like L Ron and how he made a fool of himself when he dressed himself all up in his self-awarded medals and strutted out on the deck like a peacock and the locals laughed and threw rocks and he ran out of there and yelled out an order to leave because the place was full of SPs?

Such a heartbreaking post from JustSheila. :touched:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating. Just when I think of completely leaving it all behind, the stories such as Sheila's driving home the real need for more effort to bring an end to terribly abhorrent behaviour that is generated by hubbard's insidious crap, keep me coming back and lending my shoulder to such a task.
To think that within the scientology cult-ure varying degrees of such harm takes place, probably still daily. As anonymouses said as they pestered the monster...and it well bears repeating....This is Why.

Such a heartbreaking post from JustSheila. :touched:

JustSheila

Crusader

Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating. Just when I think of completely leaving it all behind, the stories such as Sheila's driving home the real need for more effort to bring an end to terribly abhorrent behaviour that is generated by hubbard's insidious crap, keep me coming back and lending my shoulder to such a task.
To think that within the scientology cult-ure varying degrees of such harm takes place, probably still daily. As anonymouses said as they pestered the monster...and it well bears repeating....This is Why.

Thanks, Dchoice, Lotus, BostBobby and everyone. Dchoice, I'm so glad you're active on our team.

Yes, they were absolute bullies, unchecked and unstopped for close to a year. Three times I was assigned RPF's RPF for quietly reminding them that I was only there to route out. I could only get off the RPFs RPF by saying I wanted to stay. Auditing against one's will, auditing for the sake of breaking one's will, combined with abusive physical tactics. RPFs RPF was in the sump room. I slept on the concrete floor with no pillow or blanket, no contact with anyone except the RPF's RPF I/C, doing ethics conditions and the most disgusting physical hard labor they could find until I would come up with the 'right' answer. Weeks of this at a time until I couldn't stand it anymore and gave them the answer they demanded. I'm sure they had it all worked out in their minds that putting me through this was 'for my own good.' As if!

Children and raising them never mattered to Hubbard and scientology. They were considered a distraction to clearing the planet and 'off purpose.'

All of this I did to keep my son's father in his life because he loved him, too. Correction on age. My son was 3, then 4 years old at the time. Just a toddler, and he'd spent all of a year exclusively with his father when I was denied any opportunity to see him. Why traumatize my son further?

But I was fortunate. DM didn't have full control then and Hubbard was off the lines. So the physical and mental bullying and all the efforts to use scn auditing against my will to break me, change me, re-indoctrinate me and get me to stay as a Sea Org slave were eventually stopped by someone higher up with compassion: Sandy Wilhere. She reviewed my folders, crammed everyone involved and allowed me to route out.

That wouldn't happen these days.

These days, there is nobody in the scn hierarchy, technical or otherwise, who can stand up to DM. He just busts them. And judging from what happened to Lisa McPherson, not only is what happened to me now considered completely acceptable, it is done to the public as well. The EP is remolding, breaking the person or even death.

ANYone who has had a session or done a session against their will has been subject to having their will compromised. Anyone who has been ordered to a sec check, anyone who has been ordered to stay at Flag when they wanted to leave, anyone who was ordered to an action that they did not want to do has had their will compromised.

I don't hate Janet Weiland. It was an appeal to her to remember that time - a time when she and the rest were caught out for being bullies. It was an appeal to her to see that she is one of the bad guys now and doing terrible things. Again. Like before.

She can and has been better than that. She still can be.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

<snip>​

ANYone who has had a session or done a session against their will has been subject to having their will compromised. Anyone who has been ordered to a sec check, anyone who has been ordered to stay at Flag when they wanted to leave, anyone who was ordered to an action that they did not want to do has had their will compromised.

<snip>​

There was a time back then when I realized the only time I got in real trouble was when I violated my own personal integrity ( and OH HELL YES I did ! ) and these days I say, I think more accurately, The worst of life is when I lose touch with my true self ( and do something I so know I should NOT do ! ).

On a side note, I don't think I know you personally, but, very late 70's & very early 80's I was - let's say -around the horse shoe area of Bog Blue.
I know at lot of what your are saying, unfortunately almost everybody had all their attention on getting their own ass out of their & didn't devote much too others - so glad you were able to find someone who stepped in & helped you. As I'm sure you know, that was very damn rare !