What's new

I'm an Ex Scn and Atheist - How many atheists are here at the board?

I think the supposition is that people forget. But I did think of some other examples - obviously NO proof- but there're been tales of kids who said they remembered.
I question the no proof argument - I think that there is some if you want to spend the time looking, but it gets lost in the shuffle or dismissed as utter BS. I posted one not too long ago about a kid who recalled he was a ww2 pilot. Pictures and everything of his past life.

Mimsey

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love you to bits HH, but when you say stuff like that I really do despair. Why is it that you can 'remember' these details, and the ordinary person in the street has no recollection at all of having lived before?
I believe we all go to the Holy Implant Center after we die where we get a forgetter and obediance implant then are sent back to Earth to reincarnate. Except of course for those of us who are smart enough to refuse to go.
That's why.

What would be the point of having lived before if one couldn't reap the benefit of a previous existence in the current one?
That would be ideal. I have this theory that the super-rich do believe in reincarnation, and do reap the benefits of "continuing their game". But they want the great unwashed (that's you and me) to not believe in reincarnation, so it's easier for them to use us in their selfish power games.

Besides, in my case, growing up, especially my teens, was a f'ing nightmare, and I certainly don't want to go through that shit all over again!

I don't think you have a choice.

Good question. I don't really want to get into the question of what I believe about reincarnation, not least because I'm far from sure, but I have sometimes met people for the first time whom I nevertheless felt I'd known for years and it has seemed to me that I probably knew them in a previous lifetime.
That's the way I felt about my XBF, whom I've written about many times on this board (but not recently, to spare you all from having to hear about it all over again). I knew him 2 and 5 lifetimes ago, and try as I might, I'll never forget him.

Good lord Helena!

And who is supposed to ""implant'' those ''forgetters and obediance'' implants????
I mean Who when, How and where????
In a word, God, or at least His deputies. Which sorta brings this thread back to where it started. Ref: "Between Lives Implants" (LRH). I can give you another reference if you want it.

Oups..wait...I forgot Captain Robertson...who was too found to be a lunatic weirdo fruitcake...
A great man. Or whatever.

Helena

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's why.

That would be ideal. I have this theory that the super-rich do believe in reincarnation, and do reap the benefits of "continuing their game". But they want the great unwashed (that's you and me) to not believe in reincarnation, so it's easier for them to use us in their selfish power games.

I don't think you have a choice.

That's the way I felt about my XBF, whom I've written about many times on this board (but not recently, to spare you all from having to hear about it all over again). I knew him 2 and 5 lifetimes ago, and try as I might, I'll never forget him.

In a word, God, or at least His deputies. Which sorta brings this thread back to where it started. Ref: "Between Lives Implants" (LRH). I can give you another reference if you want it.

A great man. Or whatever.

Helena

You were smart enough to avoid the Implant Center in your last in-between life times, but how did you get smart enough to avoid the Implant Center, in your last life time, before there was scientology to teach you how to be smart enough to avoid the Implant Center?

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
You were smart enough to avoid the Implant Center in your last in-between life times, but how did you get smart enough to avoid the Implant Center, in your last life time, before there was scientology to teach you how to be smart enough to avoid the Implant Center?
Last time I died (was murdered) I was so disgusted with everything and everybody that I didn't trust anyone. I decided I didn't want to go; I'm not sure if it was on the basis of it's not the good thing it's said to be, or I just was being a refusenik in general.

Now I know; that's someplace NOT to go to.

FWIW I'm going to be AFK until the weekend.

Helena

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Last time I died (was murdered) I was so disgusted with everything and everybody that I didn't trust anyone. I decided I didn't want to go; I'm not sure if it was on the basis of it's not the good thing it's said to be, or I just was being a refusenik in general.

Now I know; that's someplace NOT to go to.

FWIW I'm going to be AFK until the weekend.

Helena

I hate to think of what a lurker passing through thought when they saw 'Last time I died (was murdered)' in the sidebar. Something like 'well, they left a weird cult but they're still nuts.' I should imagine.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I hate to think of what a lurker passing through thought when they saw 'Last time I died (was murdered)' in the sidebar. Something like 'well, they left a weird cult but they're still nuts.' I should imagine.

Luckily we don't have nutty posts allowed in the general Scientology section.

Oh, wait . . .

Maybe we could have a rule that nothing especially nutty is allowed in the first 100 characters, then it wouldn't show up in the sidebar. :)

Paul

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
If what one say's scares someone away from scn than one has done a good thing.

If what one say's causes someone to try out scn, I submit that said someone has important lessons to learn for themselves. scn is about creating awareness.

strativarius

Luckily we don't have nutty posts allowed in the general Scientology section.

Oh, wait . . .

Maybe we could have a rule that nothing especially nutty is allowed in the first 100 characters, then it wouldn't show up in the sidebar. :)

Paul

Maybe I'm being a little harsh. A lot of ex's got into scientology as part of their quest for some kind of 'spiritual enlightenment' and, unlike yours truly who has possibly thrown the baby out with the bathwater, some might be continuing that quest, only in a different direction. Perhaps I aught to cut them more slack than I generally do.

phenomanon

Canyon
I question the no proof argument - I think that there is some if you want to spend the time looking, but it gets lost in the shuffle or dismissed as utter BS. I posted one not too long ago about a kid who recalled he was a ww2 pilot. Pictures and everything of his past life.

Mimsey

In auditing Dianetic PCs, you will run across several who have that same memory of a Pilot crashing into the Sea.

Did you ever read Edgar Casey? His Clairvoyant ability was a major thing that convinced me of past lives. I think the first Casey book that I read was titled "Many Mansions", and it helped glue me to the theory of Past Lives.

strativarius

In auditing Dianetic PCs, you will run across several who have that same memory of a Pilot crashing into the Sea.

Did you ever read Edgar Casey? His Clairvoyant ability was a major thing that convinced me of past lives. I think the first Casey book that I read was titled "Many Mansions", and it helped glue me to the theory of Past Lives.

Without looking it up (honestly) I think you'll find his name was Edgar Cayce or something like that. I read his book too. It's bollocks from start to finish IMO.

Madame Blavatsky was another one given huge credence in her time but later (as was inevitable really) found out as a fraud.

If you really want to learn about the spirit world, 'Busy Bodies' by Ed Martin (Olympia Press) is highly recommended reading.

Last edited:

Yes - there was the Bridy Murphy case of his that was debunked. But that doesn't mean they are all BS.

Check this out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ted-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

Reincarnated! Our son is a World War II pilot come back to life

By Zoe Brennan for the Daily Mail
Updated: 19:29 EST, 28 August 2009

It sounds totally beyond belief. But read the tantalising evidence from this boy's family and you may start to wonder...

The agonised screams pierced the air. 'Plane on fire! Airplane crash.' In the dark, a two-year-old boy was just visible, writhing on his bed in the grip of horror. 'He was lying there on his back, kicking and clawing at the covers like he was trying to kick his way out of a coffin,' remembers the boy's father.

'I thought, this looks like The Exorcist. I half expected his head to spin around like that little girl in the movie. But then I heard what James was saying.'

Over and over again, the tiny child screamed: 'Plane on fire! Little man can't get out.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rld-War-II-pilot-come-life.html#ixzz4I5f150vj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

More:

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132381&page=1

Parents Think Boy Is Reincarnated Pilot

By ABC News

Nearly six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger.

Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated.

James' parents, Andrea and Bruce, a highly educated, modern couple, say they are "probably the people least likely to have a scenario like this pop up in their lives."

But over time, they have become convinced their little son has had a former life.

From an early age, James would play with nothing else but planes, his parents say. But when he was 2, they said the planes their son loved began to give him regular nightmares.

"I'd wake him up and he'd be screaming," Andrea told ABCNEWS' Chris Cuomo. She said when she asked her son what he was dreaming about, he would say, "Airplane crash on fire, little man can't get out."

Reality Check

Andrea says her mom was the first to suggest James was remembering a past life.

At first, Andrea says she was doubtful. James was only watching kids' shows, his parents say, and they weren't watching World War II documentaries or conversing about military history.

But as time went by, Andrea began to wonder what to believe. In one video of James at age 3, he goes over a plane as if he's doing a preflight check.

Another time, Andrea said, she bought him a toy plane, and pointed out what appeared to be a bomb on its underside. She says James corrected her, and told her it was a drop tank. "I'd never heard of a drop tank," she said. "I didn't know what a drop tank was."

Then James' violent nightmares got worse, occurring three and four times a week. Andrea's mother suggested she look into the work of counselor and therapist Carol Bowman, who believes that the dead sometimes can be reborn.

With guidance from Bowman, they began to encourage James to share his memories — and immediately, Andrea says, the nightmares started become less frequent. James was also becoming more articulate about his apparent past, she said.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Hey Funny!

I've too read all Cayce's books
and that was in fact what convinced me of past lives.

This too was the book I've read and which then led me to read DMSMH

51SykRSZvWL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just when I joined Dianetics, I was about to join the rosicrucians AMORC
but I choose Dianetics and $cientology (both scams of pseudo spiritual degrees and highness )

Wahouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
What a good intuition I have lol

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now...I don't believe in either.
I dont believe in anything like that anymore .

Although I retain faith in knowing there is always ray of light in the darkness and I follow it..alone.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Without looking it up (honestly) I think you'll find his name was Edgar Cayce or something like that. I read his book too. It's bollocks from start to finish IMO.

Madame Blavatsky was another one given huge credence in her time but later (as was inevitable really) found out as a fraud.

If you really want to learn about the spirit world, 'Busy Bodies' by Ed Martin (Olympia Press) is highly recommended reading.

I think it is spelled "Cayce".
I have to disagree with your opinion of him.

phenomanon

Canyon
Hey Funny!

I've too read all Cacey's books
and that was in fact what convinced me of past lives.

This too was the book I've read and which then led me to read DMSMH

51SykRSZvWL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just when I joined Dianetics, I was about to join the rosicrucians AMORC
but I choose Dianetics and $cientology (both scams os pseudo spiritual degrees and highness )

Wahouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
What a good pif I have

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now...I don't believe in either.
I dont believe in anything like that anymore .

Although I retain faith in knowing there is always ray of light in the darkness and I follow it..alone.

It's interesting that Cayce hypnotized himself in order to access his Abilities. I thought that LRH did precisely the same thing with writing .

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

I happen to know you have personally murdered me 6 times and i only deserved it 2 or 3 of those times.

Not one apology, either.

I'm restimulated as hell even posting this.

I happen to know you have personally murdered me 6 times and i only deserved it 2 or 3 of those times.

Not one apology, either.

I guess I missed when I had my colt 1851 Navy a pointed at yew an ma horse done bucked. Musta been Ol' Strat what done plugged yew 'twen the eyes. Dang varmint. Him got the bounty an I got nothin'
Mimsey

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Not one apology, either.

But when you were 2 years old you had bad dreams and reported this to your Mom&Dad.
You said that his name was Frank.
You pointed to a picture of Frank Black that you saw in a museum.
Later, researchers found out that Frank Black never owned a gun and was a major anti-gun advocate!
BUT that person named Frank Black did exist 85 years ago.
:coolwink: