What's new

Snow White Redux . . . a smoking derringer?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
THAT TOO! Jeezus... that opens up a whole new pandora's box of revenge I never even considered.

And underlying that is the extortionate, blackmailing scourge of terroristic claimed as protected religious expression. A real department of justice together with the houses and the executive branches could do some real governance for we the people and fix the 1st Amendment to explicitly prohibit' free exercise to commit torts against liberty.
Jerry Armstrong's battle for the whole truth, from each and all of us have benefitted, I believe would be applauded by the founders. Mike Rinder's efforts towards the same are moving step by step in that direction too. They both have walked and do walk in different shoes.
Their journeys are still playing out.
Let's accentuate the positive and aid in full truth and liberty

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sheila, I quoted part of your post about Mike Rinder on his blog and here was his response.
Mike Rinder on January 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm
No idea who wrote this — I think they confuse me with someone else? I had little interaction with Val Lisa…"

JustSheila

Crusader
Sheila, I quoted part of your post about Mike Rinder on his blog and here was his response.
No idea who wrote this — I think they confuse me with someone else? I had little interaction with Val Lisa…"

An interesting response. Did you tell him the time and year, early 1979?

Val Lisa was in charge of B1 USGO then and also the FP Chairman while Mike Rinder was Director of the USGO. Of course he interacted with her quite a bit back then. Do you know what B1 USGO did?

After the GO was disbanded, he would have had little interaction with her afterward. She was assigned to various missions and eventually RPFed and sort of disappeared after that.

I'm not surprised that Mike Rinder does not want to discuss specifics about his past posts on his blog, though.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
An interesting response. Did you tell him the time and year, early 1979?

Val Lisa was in charge of B1 USGO then and also the FP Chairman while Mike Rinder was Director of the USGO. Of course he interacted with her quite a bit back then.

Not after the GO was disbanded, though.

No I didn't Sheila. I am sure it is possible not to remember everything from 37 years ago. It would probably be best for the two of you to chat it up as you might have more aspects and details to jog his memory if you wish and he has the time. He must be swamped right now.

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks, DChoice.

My memory is odd. When I remember something, it is in great detail: names, details, everything. When I don't, I just don't. So I can understand if someone else does not remember something from the past, particularly when it comes to Scientology and something from so many years ago.

I was not friends with Mike Rinder and had very little personal contact with him. He approved some cancellations of SP Declares, he stood up to Val Lisa and I remember certain conversations I had with Val Lisa about him, which I have written here on ESMB in detail. That's all of my personal experience with him.

JustSheila

Crusader
No I didn't Sheila. I am sure it is possible not to remember everything from 37 years ago. It would probably be best for the two of you to chat it up as you might have more aspects and details to jog his memory if you wish and he has the time. He must be swamped right now.

Sure, DChoice. I wrote Mike alright:

Hi Mike,
I was the Dir Income USGO when you were the Director of USGO in early 1979. You did not include this post in your history. Did you forget or get the dates and titles confused?

There is no question about the date... When I arrived as Dir Income USGO, you had only been Director of USGO for a short while and were new yourself. Val Lisa was in charge of B1 USGO and the FP Chairman. I dealt directly with Val Lisa and had very little interaction with you.

Recently someone reposted part of something I wrote about you back when you were Director of USGO in 1979. Your response was:

"No idea who wrote this — I think they confuse me with someone else? I had little interaction with Val Lisa…"

"Mike, my memory is quite accurate. Even if you don't remember, I assure you that you were Director of the USGO and Val Lisa was the FP Chairman and she was also in charge of B1 USGO. You had plenty of interaction with her back then.

I can understand if you don't want this on your blog, but I am sure you remember being Director of USGO, and I am also sure you remember Val Lisa. No doubt after the GO was disbanded, you had little interaction with her afterward, as you were both sent to various other places, but I would appreciate if you don't dis me with a comment like, "she must have me confused with someone else." You were there, you were the Director of USGO.

Sheila ...
At the moment I'm a bit pissed off, so I'll just leave this here.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, DChoice.

My memory is odd. When I remember something, it is in great detail: names, details, everything. When I don't, I just don't. So I can understand if someone else does not remember something from the past, particularly when it comes to Scientology and something from so many years ago.

I was not friends with Mike Rinder and had very little personal contact with him. He approved some cancellations of SP Declares, he stood up to Val Lisa and I remember certain conversations I had with Val Lisa about him, which I have written here on ESMB in detail. That's all of my personal experience with him.

Sorta the same here. Hell I remember a couple trillion ago having a breakfast of chicken and eggs, listening to ARP Cola's newest hit but hell if I remember what I did on my 62nd birthday.
I only intended, in my quoting you, to point to how good compassionate individuals can behave in terrible milieus.
Viktor Frankl and the the Millgram experiments come to mind.

Back towards being more on topic of this thread I look forward to Jesse Prince's book and Mark Bunker's material coming out this year. Of course Pat Broker is welcome to chime in anytime he wants.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

It is a known fact that different people will remember the same incident differently and why it's probably best to let people tell their own stories from their own point of view if and when they choose to.

JustSheila

Crusader
Surely one would not forget that one was the DIRECTOR OF USGO? Or forget who ran B1 USGO?

Seriously?

Regardless of individual perspectives. that's kind of.. er, major.

Or... not supposed to be revealed. Tough shit. There ya go!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Surely one would not forget that one was the DIRECTOR OF USGO? Or forget who ran B1 USGO?

Seriously?

Regardless of individual perspectives. that's kind of.. er, major.

Still pissed off.

He doesn't say he forgot anything or anyone.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

It is a known fact that different people will remember the same incident differently and why it's probably best to let people tell their own stories from their own point of view if and when they choose to.

I have such memory like Sheila
Either I recall all the event and details or nothing.

I am Known to be the ''family'' history records keeper - I can recall our family life and details since I was 4 or 5 (my mom said since I was 2 or 3)
One of my sibling has a tendancy to ''rewrite'' the history to fit here likes and avoid her dislikes

When people asked me about an event, if she disliked the facts about it..she then said: '' Woahhhh you totally fabulates it''
and she became angry at me :biggrin:

:roflmao:

JustSheila

Crusader
No, he says I had him "confused with someone else." Absolutely NOT. From 1979 until the GO was disbanded, Mike Rinder was the Director of the USGO. He completely omits that in his blog history. That's not an accident or memory lapse. That's a knowing omission.

My eyes are not shut with what I want to believe. Look at his history as he presents it on his blog for yourself.

No idea who wrote this — I think they confuse me with someone else? I had little interaction with Val Lisa…

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have such memory like Sheila
Either I recall all the event and details or nothing.

I am Known to be the ''family'' history records keeper - I can recall our family life and details since I was 4 or 5 (my mom said since I was 2 or 3)
One of my siblings usually ''rewrite'' the history to fit here like and avoid her dislikes

When people ask me about an event, if she dislikes the facts about it..she then says: '' Woahhhh you totally fabulates''
and she became angry at me :biggrin:
(the funny thing is that she too rewrites her own family history.... :duh:)

I gave up
:roflmao:

Lol, Oh yeah ... I think most of us a memory like that ... but "remembering" how someone else feels will never work because it isn't a memory, it's a guess.

:biggrin:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
No, he says I had him "confused with someone else." Absolutely NOT. From 1979 until the GO was disbanded, Mike Rinder was the Director of the USGO. He completely omits that in his blog history. That's not an accident or memory lapse. That's a knowing omission.

He was referring to your thoughts regarding his relationship with Val Lisa (and presumably her effect on him), he didn't mention anything else but that.

JustSheila

Crusader

He was referring to your thoughts regarding his relationship with Val Lisa, he didn't mention anything else but that.

and you know this because?

Then why does he completely omit being Director of USGO in his history on his blog?

Never mind. I understand he was in a long time and may have the dates confused, but there are reasons why many people want to know who was running the Guardians Office back then. I stand by my statements.

Re. Val Lisa, ah who cares? So he never had to talk to B1 and never dealt with the FP Committee while Director of USGO. Does that sound believable to you? If so, good on ya.

Sorry, ITYIWT, I luv ya, but basic facts are basic facts and we know how it works on staff, too.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
and you know this because?

Then why does he completely omit being Director of USGO in his history on his blog?

Never mind. I understand he was in a long time and may have the dates confused, but there are reasons why many people want to know who was running the Guardians Office back then. I stand by my statements.

Re. Val Lisa, ah who cares? So he never had to talk to B1 and never dealt with the FP Committee while Director of USGO. Does that sound believable to you? If so, good on ya.

Sorry, ITYIWT, I luv ya, but basic facts are basic facts and we know how it works on staff, too.

re the bolded (added) bit above... I can't be arsed to respond because it's ridiculous.

You are reading things into this that are not there.

JustSheila

Crusader
re the bolded (added) bit above... I can't be arsed to respond because it's ridiculous.

You are reading things into this that are not there.

I read what he wrote as his history on his blog.

Marty Rathbun's was very different in actuality than he described it, too.

They were both in the GO/OSA. Mike Rinder is denying any connection to the GO, but he was the Director USGO since early 1979, even late 1978. That is a fact. Marty Rathbun started in the GO, too, as a new recruit to the GO around Sept 1978. They both skirt around that.