What's new

Scientology Member Greta Van Susteren and Christian Minister Franklin Graham

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientologist Greta Van Susteren and Christian Minister Franklin Graham team up for orphanage in Hati.

I've seen a number of tweets linking Scientologist Greta Van Susteren and Christian minister Franklin Graham. This surprised me because Tony Ortega's Celebrity Centre informant has characterized Greta Van Susteran as a "bitter-ender" who was among those least likely to leave the Church of Scientology.

Further, in 2015, Eddie Scarry reported he had an encounter with Greta's husband, John Coale, at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) as follows:

https://twitter.com/eScarry/status/571337748759646208

1DcJRM3.png

That seems rather hard core Scientology, and perhaps inconsistent with Christ's admonition to turn the other cheek. Indeed, one recalls on more the one occasion Scientologists making the point that Scientology is most definitely NOT a turn the other cheek religion.

I decided to investigate a bit online, and was surprised to discover the following page at the website of Franklin Graham's charity, Samaritan's Purse:

Code:
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/about-the-greta-home-and-academy/

0Muedub.png

O3YgxlW.png

And remember Greta's husband John Coale? Apparently he is on board as well.

Code:
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/greta-home/[/CODE
[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OYDvQDa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=3]Another thing I find interesting is the fact that Greta and John are so involved in a Christian orphanage in Haiti when, [URL="https://whyweprotest.net/threads/front-group-grodysh-int-inc-haiti.91988"]as extensively reported on WWP[/URL], the Church of Scientology has its own orphanage(s) in Haiti.  For example, [URL="https://whyweprotest.net/threads/front-group-grodysh-int-inc-haiti.91988/page-15#post-2601221"]only most recently[/URL]:

[URL]https://whyweprotest.net/threads/front-group-grodysh-int-inc-haiti.91988/page-15#post-2601221[/URL]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

[/SIZE][COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial]Scientology seems to have found another Haitian orphanage to .. sponsor.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial]Haitian Mission Par La Foi and Marlene Berthelot.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial][INDENT][B]Fundraiser to -Raise the Roof- over a Haitian Orphanage School[/B][B]

Clearwater, FL – On February 18th, the Haitian Mission Par La Foi is holding their “Raise the Roof” Haitian themed event in the Fort Harrison’s Crystal Ballroom. They will be raising funds to put a roof over their orphanage’s school.

The Haitian Mission Par La Foi is a non-profit organization organized and run by Ms. Marlene Berthelot, Haiti native. They take care of 25 children in their orphanage and educate them in their school in Haiti.

“While in Florida, I got connected with the Scientology Volunteer Ministers and I knew that our partnership would go a long way,” said Ms. Berthelot. “Then I found out about using the Fort Harrison’s facilities for a fundraiser for my organization and I just had to take that opportunity.”

The “Raise the Roof” event will begin with an introduction from Ms. Glendy Goodsell, Executive Director of the Volunteer Ministers of Florida.

Brian Ward, President for the Volunteer Ministers, will describe the Volunteer Minister Tools for Life, specifically the section on the Study Technology.

“The Scientology Tools for Life provides workable solutions to everyday problems. One of those is a technology on how to study, developed by L. Rob Hubbard, Founder of Scientology,” said Mr. Ward. “This information is available on our website at no cost.”

Ms. Berthelot will talk about the orphanage and her 25 children. She will explain that the school is in need of a roof and encourage the guests to make a donation to put it there.[/B][/INDENT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial]Incorporated in Florida in 2008:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[URL="http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=HAITIANMISSIONPARLAFOI%20N080000086400&aggregateId=domnp-n08000008640-b22be223-397e-442a-a59d-57aaa6273072&searchTerm=Haitian%20Mission%20Par%20La%20Foi&listNameOrder=HAITIANMISSIONPARLAFOI%20N080000086400"]http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=HAITIANMISSIONPARLAFOI N080000086400&aggregateId=domnp-n08000008640-b22be223-397e-442a-a59d-57aaa6273072&searchTerm=Haitian Mission Par La Foi&listNameOrder=HAITIANMISSIONPARLAFOI N080000086400[/URL]

[COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial]Required to file Form 990Ns, but hasn't:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Summary&EIN=800260559&BMF=1&Cobrandid=0&Syndicate=No"]http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.c...&EIN=800260559&BMF=1&Cobrandid=0&Syndicate=No[/URL]
[URL]http://www.guidestar.org/profile/80-0260559[/URL]

[COLOR=#474747][FONT=Arial]I'm not saying that it isn't legit, but Scientology's involvement always creates a bad odor.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][SIZE=3]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Finally, we turn to the reason I decided to get off my but, finally take a look at this, and post my cut-and-paste job.  I was motivated by the following story that came across my Twitter time-line:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Patheos - [URL="http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/03/02/franklin-graham-moonlight-is-part-of-hollywoods-dark-plan-to-normalize-homosexuality/"]Franklin Graham: Moonlight is Part of “Hollywood’s Dark Plan” to Normalize Homosexuality[/URL]

[URL]http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/03/02/franklin-graham-moonlight-is-part-of-hollywoods-dark-plan-to-normalize-homosexuality/[/URL]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

[/SIZE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RtnHAxy.png[/IMG][INDENT=2]
"This weekend’s #Oscars had a big mix-up that we keep hearing about in the media, and some are even speculating that it may have been just a PR stunt. I don’t know about that, but either way, many who had never heard of the film “Moonlight,” which received best picture, have heard of it now. From the reviews I have read, “Moonlight” portrays a young gay African American coming of age and it stereotypes him as violent, a drug dealer, and a convict. Hollywood is notorious for glorifying sin. [COLOR=#ff0000][B]This is just another example of the LGBT’s agenda to make lifestyle choices that God defines as sin seem more and more culturally acceptable.[/B][/COLOR] I warn families and the church — don’t allow your young people to be sucked into Hollywood’s dark plan. We love all people, but we have to be honest about sin’s consequences. Sin is sin — it doesn’t matter if it gets an Oscar or not."[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[/INDENT]
[SIZE=3]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
Oh for Xenu's sake...

Greta Van Susteran is on her OT levels :whistling:and has to prove to the dictator that she will spend a lot of dough to "appear" to be doing something humanitarian and make the cult look somewhat decent...it is all part of the Smoke and Mirrors and charade...

meanwhile Slappy Miscavige is beating up Sea Org Slaves, working out in his private gym, devouring 10 meals a day prepared by the finest chef in the land, getting fitted for his new pair of $10,000 John Lobb's etc...and flying around on his private jet from mansion to mansion counting his billions and hob nobbing with the ilks of Tom Cruise and John Travolta ... the other two Big Beans ....all planning how to "clear the bank accounts" across the globe.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Oh for Xenu's sake...

Greta Van Susteran is on her OT levels :whistling:and has to prove to the dictator that she will spend a lot of dough to "appear" to be doing something humanitarian and make the cult look somewhat decent...it is all part of the Smoke and Mirrors and charade...
I don't think it is nearly that simple. Not anywhere close.

This is NOT money being spent to make Scientology look good. Neither Scientology nor the name of any Scientology front-group is mentioned with respect to the project. Nor, as far as I can tell, has there been any mention that Greta Van Susteren or her husband are Scientologists. The Christians I have interacted with on Twitter were truly surprised to find out.

How could this make Scientology look good if there is no mention of Scientology, a Scientology front-group, or the fact Greta is a Scientologist?:confused2:

No, something deeper is going on. Either, Xenu forbid, Greta and her husband acting independently of the Church of Scientology, or the Church of Scientology playing the long game. That is, building an alliance with Franklin Graham and the Christian right by very intelligently NOT taking any credit or insisting on Scientology or front-group "tech" or labeling at this time.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think it is nearly that simple. Not anywhere close.

This is NOT money being spent to make Scientology look good. Neither Scientology nor the name of any Scientology front-group is mentioned with respect to the project. Nor, as far as I can tell, has there been any mention that Greta Van Susteren or her husband are Scientologists. The Christians I have interacted with on Twitter were truly surprised to find out.

How could this make Scientology look good if there is no mention of Scientology, a Scientology front-group, or the fact Greta is a Scientologist?:confused2:

No, something deeper is going on. Either, Xenu forbid, Greta and her husband acting independently of the Church of Scientology, or the Church of Scientology playing the long game. That is, building an alliance with Franklin Graham and the Christian right by very intelligently NOT taking any credit or insisting on Scientology or front-group "tech" or labeling at this time.

I think it's long game. Greta is the most influential Scientologist precisely because I think she understands the long game and has unfettered access to the movers and shakers. She rarely speaks publicly about Scientology; Mike Rinder should have factual info; all I have are troubling suspicions.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
“The Scientology Tools for Life provides workable solutions to everyday problems. One of those is a technology on how to study, developed by L. Rob Hubbard, Founder of Scientology,” said Mr. Ward. “This information is available on our website at no cost.”

Ms. Berthelot will talk about the orphanage and her 25 children. She will explain that the school is in need of a roof and encourage the guests to make a donation to put it there.

I agree with you that there may be a "long game" going on here. Part of it may be a desire to turn the orphans into staff/slaves later. Part of it might be to use the orphanage as a way to launder money from CoS into DM's pocket. Part of it might be to use the orphanage as a way to get grants from various groups, which then ultimately go into DM's pockets. But there is definitely something fishy here.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with you that there may be a "long game" going on here. Part of it may be a desire to turn the orphans into staff/slaves later. Part of it might be to use the orphanage as a way to launder money from CoS into DM's pocket. Part of it might be to use the orphanage as a way to get grants from various groups, which then ultimately go into DM's pockets. But there is definitely something fishy here.

Third world orphans that no one cares about can also easily be funneled into Pizzagate type situations. (Human trafficking...see report on Haiti below) Not implying that's what's going on, but typically people like them (Greta) don't get THAT involved in these types of Christian charities. It's not really "making the able more able" or helping the PR of the cult.

This one's a head scratcher for sure.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Haiti-police-arrest-dozens--arrest-12-in-human-trafficking-ring

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Maybe it's designed to demonstrate that one can be a "Christian Scientologist".

Many critics (myself included) have asserted that Christianity and Scientology are incompatible, and the OT III data would confirm this.

But there's over two billion Christians in the world and the CoS definitely doesn't want them to know this YET.

Or maybe Greta convinced Franklin Graham that there are tools created by Hubbard which will help these kids and they don't have to become Scientologists?
(Similar to what was done with Louis Farrakhan of Nation of Islam).

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Third world orphans that no one cares about can also easily be funneled into Pizzagate type situations. (Human trafficking...see report on Haiti below) Not implying that's what's going on, but typically people like them (Greta) don't get THAT involved in these types of Christian charities. It's not really "making the able more able" or helping the PR of the cult.

This one's a head scratcher for sure.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Haiti-police-arrest-dozens--arrest-12-in-human-trafficking-ring

Yes, one aspect about chaotic Third World environments is that orphan children can "disappear". This can be convenient for some purposes. Just saying...

ADDING: One worry I have had for a while, is that Sea Org members who get sent to Int can also "disappear". Scientologists are used to SO members, even very young SO members, "going on mission" or "going over the rainbow", and never being heard about again.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I could be mistaken, but the impression I had from visiting the Samaritan's Purse website is that Greta bankrolled it, but Graham's organization is operating the facility, with Greta's name on it. Samaritans purse appears to be a large international charity doing much needed good works. What troubles me is the safepointing of Scientology that she also buys.
www.samaritanspurse.org

Leland

Crusader
Is "Study Tech" in place......to teach them...?

News saying it is Christian and studying Jesus is fine.....but a whole day, day after day to study Jesus....doesn't add up.

What else are they studying?

Yes, the VM Yellow is disturbing!

anonynon

ρατroη
Is "Study Tech" in place......to teach them...?

News saying it is Christian and studying Jesus is fine.....but a whole day, day after day to study Jesus....doesn't add up.

What else are they studying?

Yes, the VM Yellow is disturbing!

What else?

Why.... nothing more than the original, 100% authentic, unsquirreled Jesus Tech. You have to get drilled on this Tech in order to understand Christ as He Really Wants You to Know Him. In large part due to the influence of the Devil and his pet "Christian" followers who long ago strayed.

Nope, not culty at all.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
What else?

Why.... nothing more than the original, 100% authentic, unsquirreled Jesus Tech. You have to get drilled on this Tech in order to understand Christ as He Really Wants You to Know Him. In large part due to the influence of the Devil and his pet "Christian" followers who long ago strayed.

Nope, not culty at all.

LOL, they're not learning *just* Jesus Tech (as you called it). They're supposedly being given an actual education as well, plus being taught marketable skills.

Personally I don't like children being given heavy indoctrination in any religion, including with this organization.

I would love a reporter to ask Greta how she feels as a Scientologist about these children being indoctrinated in "other practices" in a school named after her.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
What else?

Nope, not culty at all.

Haiti is the poorest country in our hemisphere.
Samaritans Purse is doing genuine humanitarian work there, and all over the world, unlike the phony Scientology "religion" which continually lies and misdirects.
Do you know what I mean?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Scientology holds a "TRUMP CARD" to declare Greta Van Susteren an ILLEGAL PC if she does not TOE THE LINE:nazi:

#1. She was a journalist - a big NO NO in the Church of Scientology!~!:unsure:

#2. Her sister is A PSYCH!:omg:

At the same time, Scn would be wary of pissing off Greta (or, at least, they should be). She IS a journalist, with a large national audience. She has been in for a long time, and in that time has gotten to know lots of people, both still-in, and currently-disaffected. She has likely heard a lot of the inside stories.

You think Leah Remini did damage to Scientology? That ain't NOTHING compared to what Greta could do if she decides to leave in a pissed off mood.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
At the same time, Scn would be wary of pissing off Greta (or, at least, they should be). She IS a journalist, with a large national audience. She has been in for a long time, and in that time has gotten to know lots of people, both still-in, and currently-disaffected. She has likely heard a lot of the inside stories.

You think Leah Remini did damage to Scientology? That ain't NOTHING compared to what Greta could do if she decides to leave in a pissed off mood.
Leah had more fans than Greta could ever dream of...besides the Culties are trained to "block out anything a Journalist says about Scientology" - they would not give her the time of day

She is not on Fox News - besides saving the planet - what is she doing?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Leah had more fans than Greta could ever dream of...besides the Culties are trained to "block out anything a Journalist says about Scientology" - they would not give her the time of day

She is not on Fox News - besides saving the planet - what is she doing?

Greta's on MSNBC now. Her show's on at 6pm weekdays.