What's new

ESMB Legends

Whattodo

Patron with Honors
I'm newish to ESMB but in my short time I have seen some great posts from some of the people on here.

I thought it would be good for people to nominate some of your favourite people who you would regard as ESMB legends and even share any links to some of their previous great posts too?

Sure they would appreciate a little limelight :)

Also handy for us newbies to cherry pick some of the good threads on here as there is so many to trawl your way through!

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Based on the stuff they've taught us all and the way they deliver it (and excluding Emma as a special case - founder), I'd have to say my top 3 are:

AFaceInTheCrowd
HelluvaHoax
Cowboy

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Helluvahoax.....for humor
Veda....for great source docs
Afaceinthecrowd...awesomeness

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I thought it would be good for people to nominate some of your favourite people who you would regard as ESMB legends and even share any links to some of their previous great posts too?

Another terminal asked me to post this com particle to the thread:

187dc4c6-44e4-43e7-8f0a-f7b0367de90d_zpsjq8rslck.jpg
Originally Posted by Billy Blowdown

I would like to nominate myself for this award. As a recent OT VIII completion, I cognited that it is very pro-survival to flow power to yourself--especially when there may be a large engraved gold medallion involved--like the one that is given to messianic movie stars who are saving mankind.

Naturally, per Dr. Hubbard's tech, it is also necessary to keep your flow-zero in on this planet.

If any other ESMB readers wish to flow power to me with a nomination, I will flow power back to you with a COMMENDATION sent to your ethics folder. This can become quite valuable later if the COS ever decides to Fair Game you--because they will stop that at once due to your ethics protection.

ML,

Billy Blowdown
OT VIII
My Motto: "ALWAYS F/N-ING! ALWAYS WINNING! ALWAYS BLOWING DOWN!"

Veda

Sponsor
Alan Walter and DartSmohen were two ESMB members. They both worked with Hubbard over many years, and were on the first Class 8 course on the ship.

____A small sampling____​

DartSmohen, February 2008:

I guess it is time to put some truth out about OT3.

I was there when Hubbard was winding up his research (Las Palmas 67.)

We were the Sea Project, long before the Sea Org was created.

You have to understand the level of drugs Hubbard was on at the time. This was well after his cocaine and Phenobarbitone stuff of the 50's. He was heavily into barbituates, codene etc. He had a shore base called "Estrella", down the coast. I saw his pharmecutical store there, it was huge.

The original 3 materials were handwritten and photocopied backwards, so you had to hold them to a mirror to read them. I read them all when I was Chief of Advanced Courses on the ship. It was just like a 1050's science fiction story.

We had our first inkling of what was coming before we set sail fom the UK in April/May 67. Hubbard put out a confidential SP declare on one of our staff, John Laurence (former chaplain at St Hill). In it he stated that John was no longer the person we thought he was, having been taken over by another or other beings.

In Las Palmas Hubbard used to talk quite openly about his "research". He used to say that the main street in Gran Canaria was exactly like it was 75 million years ago, exact in every detail. He got some really funny looks from several members of the crew. I don't think there was more than a couple of members who bought into the story. In order to satisfy the rest of us he added a line about Loyal Officers. This was a clever move as it allowed us to simply say that we never got the implant as we were away at the time.

Outside the dockyard there was a church. On Feast Days (there were many) an evening service took place. It was dark and there was always a small crowd.

First there was a candle lit procession, followed by a loud bang, then a series of flashing lights, another procession came out from the church, led by men carrying poles on which figures of cherubs were mounted. Following this came a replica of the ark of the covenant, with a winged chariot on it. The procession traversed around the forecourt. All the time preyers were being said, led by a priest in long robes. Then firecrackers went off and the candles were extinguished, leaving the place in darkness as the processions re-entered the church.

Hubbard used to say that this was a replica of Inc 1. I wonder where he got the idea of Inc 1 from?

It is up to each person to decide for themselves if they wish to subscribe to the theory and story of OT3. I just thought that a bit of background info might help you to align your thoughts.

In case you are wondering whether any of this is true or not, ask Alan. He was there too

From Alan Walter, February 2008:

It is true!

The write up that is of Darth! :)

_________

article-2592376-0001961300000C1D-324_634x465.jpg

From a 2007 ESMB post by Alan Walter, recounting the overboarding of old timer Julia Salmen:

The scene with overboarding on the Original Class VIII Course was if an auditor did not get an F/N on their pc at examiner - they were thrown overboard.

We would line up on the well-deck in the morning at 8.00 am - LRH would look down from the deck above and announce who would be thrown overboard.

He was surrounded by his Aides. Also he was recording all of this on camera....

I remember looking up at them - I was staring into the face of sheer madness and evil.

Usually 8 to 10 people were thrown overboard each morning.

It was about a 30 foot drop into a filthy feces laden water from the other ships and the Apollo directly releasing their sewage into the channel...

This was October 1968.

....Ron had Julia Salmen thrown overboard... terribly overweight and could not swim.

The people who threw her overboard struggled to get her over the side; she was terrified; she kept crying out "I cannot swim!" On her way down she hit the side of the ship - I could hear her screams - it was obvious she was injured and drowning.

The people on the deck all stood around too afraid to do anything. Fearing to originate any action less the become the target of LRH's displeasure.

I ran and jumped over the side and rescued her. I then pulled her over to the ladder that led up to the ground level of the dock........it was about 20 feet straight up. She could not climb the steps. I had my shoulders under her butt pushing her up..... no one still had come to help.......but at the top of that ladder stood LRH filming us.....such evil.......

Anyway after an immense struggle with Julia's help I was able to push her up to the top of the ladder....finally some help arrived.

Over the years the unthinkable thought pushed forward more and more....it was "that I observe that LRH was demonic at that time." I did not want to know that, did not want to believe that.......that was too incredible to be believed - even for me - I did the usual make nothing of myself.... "you're seeing things," "what do you know," "you've got overts" - much easier to blame self than confront what is

_____A change of pace______

[video=youtube;MPQ6L8Wi4ec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPQ6L8Wi4ec[/video]​

Regarding the open and serious discussion of reincarnation amongst psychotherapists in 1950, and the problem of Jung openly admitting that he consulted earlier lives while giving therapy to others:

"The zeitgeist, the spirit of the times, doesn't allow it. "

[video=youtube;aFkcAH-m9W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0[/video]​

Quotes assembled by Alan Walter. Videos by me.

Benjamin Franklin:

"I look upon death to be as necessary to the constitution as sleep. We
shall rise refreshed in the morning."

"And, finding myself to exist in the world, I believe I shall, in some
shape or other always exist."

Jack London, author, best known for book "Call of the Wild":

"I did not begin when I was born, nor when I was conceived. I have been
growing, developing, through incalculable myriads of millenniums. All
my previous selves have their voices, echoes, promptings in me. Oh,
incalculable times again shall I be born."

Mark Twain:

"I have been born more times than anybody except Krishna."

Leo Tolstoy:

"As we live through thousands of dreams in our present life, so is our
present life only one of many thousands of such lives which we enter
from the other more real life and then return after death. Our life is
but one of the dreams of that more real life, and so it is endlessly,
until the very last one, the very real the life of God."

Henry Ford:

"I adopted the theory of reincarnation when I was 26. Genius is
experience. Some think to seem that it is a gift or talent, but it is
the fruit of long experience in many lives".

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, (German poet, playwright and scientist):

"As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again,
you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth."

Freidrich Nietzsche:

"Live so that thou mayest desire to live again - that is thy duty - for
in any case thou wilt live again!"

Mahatma Gandhi:

"I cannot think of permanent enmity between man and man, and believing
as I do in the theory of reincarnation, I live in the hope that if not
in this birth, in some other birth I shall be able to hug all of
humanity in friendly embrace."

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"The soul comes from without into the human body, as into a temporary
abode, and it goes out of it anew it passes into other habitations, for
the soul is immortal."

"It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but only retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.

Nothing is dead; men feign themselves dead, and endure mock funerals and there they stand looking out of the window, sound and well, in some strange new disguise."

General George S. Patton:

"So as through a glass and darkly, the age long strife I see, Where I
fought in many guises, many names, but always me."

Albert Schweitzer:

"Reincarnation contains a most comforting explanation of reality by
means of which Indian thought surmounts difficulties which baffle the
thinkers of Europe."

Walt Whitman:

"I know I am deathless. No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times
before. I laugh at what you call dissolution, and I know the amplitude
of time."

William Wordsworth:

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; The Soul that rises with
us, our life's Star, Hath had elsewhere its setting. And cometh from
afar."

Jalalu Rumi (Islamic Poet of the 13th century):

"I died as a mineral and became a plant, I died as a plant and rose to
animal, I died as animal and I was man. Why should I fear ? When was I
less by dying?"

Carl Jung

"My life often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and no
end. I had the feeling that I was an historical fragment, an excerpt
for which the preceding and succeeding text was missing. I could well
imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and there
encountered questions I was not yet able to answer; that I had been
born again because I had not fulfilled the task given to me."

Henry David Thoreau:

"Why should we be startled by death? Life is a constant putting off of
the mortal coil - coat, cuticle, flesh and bones, all old clothes."

Socrates:

"I am confident that there truly is such a thing as living again, that
the living spring from the dead, and that the souls of the dead are in
existence."

Jesus Christ in Gnostic Gospels: Pistis Sophia:

"Souls are poured from one into another of different kinds of bodies of
the world."

Voltaire:

"It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in
nature is resurrection."

Koran:

"God generates beings, and sends them back over and over again, till
they return to Him."

Josephus (most well known Jewish historian from the time of Jesus):

"All pure and holy spirits live on in heavenly places, and in course of
time they are again sent down to inhabit righteous bodies."

Honore Balzac (French writer):

"All human beings go through a previous life... Who knows how many
fleshly forms the heir of heaven occupies before he can be brought to
understand the value of that silence and solitude of spiritual worlds?"

Arthur Schopenhauer (Philosopher):

"Were an Asiatic to ask me for a definition of Europe, I should be
forced to answer him: It is that part of the world which is haunted by
the incredible delusion that man was created out of nothing, and that
his present birth is his first entrance into life."

Paul Gauguin (French post-impressionist painter):

"When the physical organism breaks up, the soul survives. It then takes
on another body."

George Harrison:

"Friends are all souls that we've known in other lives. We're drawn to
each other. Even if I have only known them a day., it doesn't matter.
I'm not going to wait till I have known them for two years, because
anyway, we must have met somewhere before, you know."

Pythagoras:

"Among the ancient Greeks, reincarnation was a doctrine closely
associated with the followers of the philosopher and mathematician
Pythagoras. According to Pythagorean teaching, the soul survives
physical death.

"After a series of reincarnations each one following a period of psychic
cleansing in spiritual environments the soul becomes free eternally from
the cycle of reincarnations."

Excerpt from 'The Act of Creation' by Arthur Koestler:

"At the age of twenty-two, he [Benjamin Franklin] composed a Pythagorean epitaph for himself; at the age of eighty-four, the year of his death, he ordered that it should appear, unchanged, on his tomb. It reads:

The Body
Of
Benjamin Franklin
Printer
(Like the Cover of an Old Book
Its Contents Torn Out
And stript of its Lettering and Gilding)
Lies Here, Food for Worms.
But the Work Shall Not Be Lost
For It Will (As He Believed) Appear Once More
In a New and More Elegant Edition
Revised and Corrected
By
The Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDOMuhpqUo

_______​

"Man doth not yield himself to the angels, nor unto death utterly, save only through his feeble will."

Joseph Glanvill

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Categories, you need categories, no whey I can see that could pick out any three on a general level.

and I nominate myself as best ass-hat -du-interruptiono :p (joke?)

And besides, legends don't usually happen until years after the deeds. I think yer trolling us and now my attention is naught.

It is all a silly thing, your quest fails imho. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNkxDmKZzY

:duh:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh I love games on ESMB

Okay - here is one of my favorites:

Our Comedy Classic Entertainer and All Around SP - let's give a hand to.....

HelluvaHoax, of course. He is a legend. If you are new - you will blow chunks of that cult "case" you purchased from $cientology - if you read every post and every thread HelluvaHoax contributes to or creates.

I love stuff that makes me laugh whilst cringing and running out the shame associated with joining a truly diabolically evil cult believing I was helping the "planet". HelluvaHoax has helped me heal with laughter. Thanks HH!!

Let's give HH a "Meritorious Medal of Valour" and a Big honkin Trophy for his contribution to the board.

images

Veda

Sponsor
Helluvahoax.....for humor

Veda....for great source docs

If I may toot my own horn, I'd like to think that my analysis has contributed something. :) I could say more, but that's enough.

I hope those who cite contributors will provide samples of their posts. Makes it more interesting, IMHO.

Afaceinthecrowd...awesomeness.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
3 is too few to limit it to.

In no particular order:

Faceinthecrowd
Cowboy
Veda
HH
Alan
Dart
Feral
Emma

There's lots more (Ogs needs a mention:coolwink:) but this is a COMMUNITY, not a bunch of individual stars. I believe that needs to be kept in mind.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Bea Kiddo's story sucked me into this message board. I'm not sure if she is still around but her story had a major impact on many.

And I second the vote for Helluva Hoax. Hoaxie always asks the hard questions to get the critical thinking skills of many ex-Scientologists back in working order. Hoaxie brings a sense of humor that some ex-Scientologists have to relearn.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whattodo,

A belated "Welcome to ESMB". :clap:

So Glad you are here with all of Us. :yes:

I've been reading this unique, organic and irreplaceable Board for nearly 9 years and have participated as a Member for a little over 7 years and read well over a million words in thousands of Posts.

All Y'all will never know how grateful I am for your presence here, dialogues and personal narratives.

There are hundreds of Members that have Posted stuff that "spoke to me", helped me and was of abiding value to me.

There are dozens of Members the have Posted stuff of such acute clarity of thought, gut-wrenching honesty of heart and brilliance of wit that stunned me, disturbed me and moved me to deep self reflection, cathartic self examination and still-in-progress personal closure.

I'm gonna cheat at little bit as I just can't--from my perspective--"boil it all down" to three names, nor assign any order of importance to those Members for my personal "Legendary" list.

Alphabetical Order...

Alan Walter/Dart Smohen...Their Threads and Dialogues together is what led me to ESMB from a Google search. They were there when many of Hubbard's seminal "Tech Breakthroughs" were made and--as an "oldtimer" from that era--I hold their accounts highly credible and reliable.

Cowboy...Cowboy's "Takes" on his http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27909-trepidatious Thread is, IMO (having personally known and interacted with Hubbard and Cowboy) "Gold Standard", firsthand accurate stuff.

Gadfly...Gadfly's Posts on ESMB are to me among the most intricately detailed, philosophically enlightening and logically reasoned "Takes" re: the "Tech" and Scn "Applied 'Philosophy'" to be read anywhere.

HelluvaHoax...Hoaxy's voluminous stuff on ESMB never gets stale and is like reading Wilde's/Twain's/Voltaire's "Takes" on Hubbard, the "Tech", SO, Staff and all things re: the Scn experience.

Veda...Veda's well timed Posts are "Reality Checks" explaining why there was something there of value that attracted Us to Scn, step-by-step walking through the "Source Documents" showing what was hidden from/unknown/glossed over by many of Us and providing quotes from numerous qualified others that renders a starkly real perspective Scn.

There's at least a dozen other names I could add to the list above.

There's also another List of a handful of names of Folks whose Posts from early Dialogues with me may or may not be of universal appeal but stewed and brewed in me ole rumen and helped open my can of "squirmin' worms".

Whattodo, I know your looking for Links...I just don't know where to start (other than Cowboy's stuff). There's soooo much GREAT STUFF that has been Posted on this Board.:coolwink:

Face:)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
3 is too few to limit it to.

In no particular order:

Faceinthecrowd
Cowboy
Veda
HH
Alan
Dart
Feral
Emma

There's lots more (Ogs needs a mention:coolwink:) but this is a COMMUNITY, not a bunch of individual stars. I believe that needs to be kept in mind.

Yep, Feral and Emma for sure.:thumbsup:

If I was allowed to select my personal "Dirty Dozen" Feral, Emma and you, Scoots, would be on that list. :yes:

Face:)

PS: Ogs always cracks me up :hysterical: and brightens my day. :)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bea Kiddo's story sucked me into this message board. I'm not sure if she is still around but her story had a major impact on many.

And I second the vote for Helluva Hoax. Hoaxie always asks the hard questions to get the critical thinking skills of many ex-Scientologists back in working order. Hoaxie brings a sense of humor that some ex-Scientologists have to relearn.

:thumbsup::yes:

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
You just can't limit it. Tip of the iceberg, off the top of my head ...

Twin A, Bea Kiddo, Scooter, Face, Veda, Feral, Cowboy, Ozzie, Gadfly, Sallydannce, Emma, Hoaxy, Dart, duddins, johnAnchovie, JustMe, Paul ...

Check out the sub forums under 'People and their Individual Experiences with Scientology'. You can find links to individual members (Member List) via the Community link above and click through to a profile that shows their threads and posts. :)

JustSheila

Crusader
Everybody already named (I sure miss Gadfly), but this question only covers one aspect of ESMB.

Who was there for you at ESMB as a friend when you first came forward or left scn? is a question that comes closer to the mark for me.

There are so many wonderful people here.

:grouphug:

Glenda

Crusader
Too many to name.

ESMB and its many shades of individuals was truly a beautiful experience for me when I was free-falling after leaving the cult of scientology.

This cyber venue is dripping with amazing courageous people (and their stories) and stunning wisdom. Many are no longer actively participating on the forum but they have left their legacy.

In celebration of those that dared to share. :)