What's new

Stonelands

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Does anybody remember Suzie Waller, I think she was Swiss.
What happened to her?
What about John Hawkins, who I shared a dorm with in 1980?
Was just wondering...
cheers for any hlep

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Does anybody remember Suzie Waller, I think she was Swiss.
What happened to her?
What about John Hawkins, who I shared a dorm with in 1980?
Was just wondering...
cheers for any hlep

I remember lovely skinny Suzy, yes Swiss, fairly green and posted as LRH Comm or something with her good looks. It must have been overwhelming for her. She married Dale Bulbrook. She didn't want his name so he changed his to "Waller" by deed poll. They were living at Bullards. After a couple of years she left (dunno if routed out or what), they divorced, and after a bit he became Bulbrook again (early 80s). I never heard about her again.

John Hawkins got routed out rapidly from his HCO post in the late 70s for something reportedly salacious. I met him again when we were both working at David Morse & Associates in LA. He left DM&A around 2001 to start his own insurance claims adjusting business in the US, "Churchill Insurance" or some such name. You realize how small a world Scn is when you move thousands of miles away to another Scn centre and see all these peeps who'd "disappeared" years ago.

Paul

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
anyone (actually Paul mainly) remember Roger Power? Whatever became of him and his wife ( don't remember her name, just that when I met her she had been routed off SO staff )

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I remember lovely skinny Suzy, yes Swiss, fairly green and posted as LRH Comm or something with her good looks. It must have been overwhelming for her. She married Dale Bulbrook. She didn't want his name so he changed his to "Waller" by deed poll. They were living at Bullards. After a couple of years she left (dunno if routed out or what), they divorced, and after a bit he became Bulbrook again (early 80s). I never heard about her again.

John Hawkins got routed out rapidly from his HCO post in the late 70s for something reportedly salacious. I met him again when we were both working at David Morse & Associates in LA. He left DM&A around 2001 to start his own insurance claims adjusting business in the US, "Churchill Insurance" or some such name. You realize how small a world Scn is when you move thousands of miles away to another Scn centre and see all these peeps who'd "disappeared" years ago.

Paul

thanks for update on Suzie Waller, that's right she was LRH comm.
As regards John Hawkins, who had been RPF'ed for out 2D with Trisha Morgan, while on a mission somewhere (apparently).
Well he must have been at on staff at Saint Hill at about Sept. 1980, as I shared a dormitory with him at the Brooklands SO house.
Lovely big room it was, where the swifts in summer would build their nests under the roofing, so lovely to watch them
fly about at dusk.
Yes, it is a small world sometimes when in comes to meeting people in far away places.
Isn't it funny how particular people stick out in your mind after all these years.

Another one was a small older lady at Brooklands, I think she was on the Estates Project.
She had a strong New York accent, and used to remind people in the kitchen to use only the milk for tea.
"Milk only for tea" she would announce loudly. It was funny.

Another person's name I never quite remembered was a South African lady, also elderly but very fit and slim. Maybe about late 60's or 70.
Dark hair. She audited me whilst routing out.
She was not really a staff member, but was often standing in when they needed somebody for such matters.
Very lovely though.

Thanks for any help from anybody back then!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
anyone (actually Paul mainly) remember Roger Power? Whatever became of him and his wife ( don't remember her name, just that when I met her she had been routed off SO staff )

Wasn't it Lee Morgan/Power, heavily pregnant and LRH Comm UK? Dunno what happened to either of them, though.

Paul

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
thanks for update on Suzie Waller, that's right she was LRH comm.
As regards John Hawkins, who had been RPF'ed for out 2D with Trisha Morgan, while on a mission somewhere (apparently).
Well he must have been at on staff at Saint Hill at about Sept. 1980, as I shared a dormitory with him at the Brooklands SO house.

Lovely big room it was, where the swifts in summer would build their nests under the roofing, so lovely to watch them
fly about at dusk.
Fair enough. Sending Trish off on mission with hunky John was just asking for trouble! Whoever thought that was a good idea was nuts.

Sounds like Bullards. Yes, I lived there too for several years. Gorgeous.

Another one was a small older lady at Brooklands, I think she was on the Estates Project.
She had a strong New York accent, and used to remind people in the kitchen to use only the milk for tea.
"Milk only for tea" she would announce loudly. It was funny.
She married Alex Smith. Ruth, er, Smith.

Another person's name I never quite remembered was a South African lady, also elderly but very fit and slim. Maybe about late 60's or 70.
Dark hair. She audited me whilst routing out.
She was not really a staff member, but was often standing in when they needed somebody for such matters.
Very lovely though.
Sounds like Ruth Abbo. She and Faith Hudson were non-SO Class VII/VIIIs who used to audit AO reviews for years, before finally getting turfed out because THEY decided it was not fitting to have non-SO riffraff in Tech. Since there were no SO VIIIs available the reviews then got done by mainly GradVs in the NOTs div.

Paul

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I can't help you with any information about him Mick, sorry, but a tall, thin person with dark hair springs to mind when I hear that name. Does that description resemble him at all? And another thought - was he something to do with the Guardian's Office?

Also, while I'm here - does anybody remember Pip Threlfall who owned a house in East Grinstead and rented rooms to Saint Hill staff and students around the late 60's early 70's?

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
I can't help you with any information about him Mick, sorry, but a tall, thin person with dark hair springs to mind when I hear that name. Does that description resemble him at all? And another thought - was he something to do with the Guardian's Office?

Also, while I'm here - does anybody remember Pip Threlfall who owned a house in East Grinstead and rented rooms to Saint Hill staff and students around the late 60's early 70's?

I know Pip quite well. First met him at an FZ conference in
2004 very approximately. He is also a Christian. Very pleasant fellow.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yup, tall and thin with dark hair. He was Treasury Sec when Treasury was in the pavillion, circa 1973. I was the Bills Payments Preparing Officer at the time. They later sensibly shortened the name on the org board to Bills Payments Officer. Hubbard famously (to finance people, anyway) said in some 1965(?) policy in regard to being careful what cheques you sign, "Check signer he hang, not clerk." I was such a clerk.

Ah yes, the famous supposed SP who would inconveniently keep bringing new people to SH every now and then to introduce them to Scn. Heh.

Paul

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yup, tall and thin with dark hair. He was Treasury Sec when Treasury was in the pavillion, circa 1973. I was the Bills Payments Preparing Officer at the time. They later sensibly shortened the name on the org board to Bills Payments Officer. Hubbard famously (to finance people, anyway) said in some 1965(?) policy in regard to being careful what cheques you sign, "Check signer he hang, not clerk." I was such a clerk.

Well, maybe I have got a few functional brain cells yet then.

Ah yes, the famous supposed SP who would inconveniently keep bringing new people to SH every now and then to introduce them to Scn. Heh.

I was 'friends' with a tenant of his, an American girl from St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands (yeah right) who used to put on a Caribbean accent and call him Mr. Trelfall. That's how I got to know him. Sorry, nobody gives a fuck about that except I was beginning to wonder if I was making all this stuff up. :biggrin:

solo

Patron with Honors
I have a very clear picture of Roger Power, but sorry to say I don't know what happened to him. A tall, dark, shy and gentle young man. Treasury rings a bell.

As Chaplain (HFA), I often spoke to Pip Threlfall. I recall he called me "Sweetie" (or something similar). Much maligned as "an SP", why, I've no idea, or why the Chaplain could communicate with him if no-one else could.

I contacted John Hawkins some time ago in an attempt to find Trish Morgan. John was apparently still in the CofS and OTV, in the USA. I would still welcome news of Trish (Morgan or Colquitt) or her prematurely-born son Oliver, who lived for a short while in my in-tray in Div6, until Captain Bill arrived on mission!

solo

Patron with Honors
Thanks Paul!

A further memory of Roger Power in the Reg Office - ring any bells? Probably prior to Rufus Price?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks Paul!

A further memory of Roger Power in the Reg Office - ring any bells? Probably prior to Rufus Price?

Nothing definite comes to mind. 1973 on for a couple of years was Hazel Grafton and Peter Morgan, with Aimee Youngman helping out as admin. Was Rufus ever in the Reg Office? He was ASR for a few years, I think taking over from Alec McRae. I sat next to him in the Letter Reg garage as "Hot Prospect Letter Reg" (official post title), although "Advance Scheduling Letter Reg" got typed on my letters. Rufus looked kinda rough for the front office.

Paul

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rufus was ASR then had a spell as a Reg with Hazel. I think it was when Peter moved to the G.O. In the late 70's. I was ASR in the basement then went to work as a reg for a couple of weeks. I hated it. Then went to work in NOTs when it opened. I then ended up back in Addresso. I didn't mind working in addresso as it kept me out of the line of fire. I wonder what became of Rufus, Peter and Hazel.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a very clear picture of Roger Power, but sorry to say I don't know what happened to him. A tall, dark, shy and gentle young man. Treasury rings a bell.

As Chaplain (HFA), I often spoke to Pip Threlfall. I recall he called me "Sweetie" (or something similar). Much maligned as "an SP", why, I've no idea, or why the Chaplain could communicate with him if no-one else could.

I contacted John Hawkins some time ago in an attempt to find Trish Morgan. John was apparently still in the CofS and OTV, in the USA. I would still welcome news of Trish (Morgan or Colquitt) or her prematurely-born son Oliver, who lived for a short while in my in-tray in Div6, until Captain Bill arrived on mission!
I remember Trish Morgan. She went off somewhere. Never to be seen again I think. Does anyone remember a Dutch guy who was C.O Aosh UK for a couple of weeks in the seventies after Anne Glushakow ?. He treated us very well but ended up on the RPF. A really good C.O IMO was Chris Haritou. Tony Bazuik was another one I liked.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nothing definite comes to mind. 1973 on for a couple of years was Hazel Grafton and Peter Morgan, with Aimee Youngman helping out as admin. Was Rufus ever in the Reg Office? He was ASR for a few years, I think taking over from Alec McRae. I sat next to him in the Letter Reg garage as "Hot Prospect Letter Reg" (official post title), although "Advance Scheduling Letter Reg" got typed on my letters. Rufus looked kinda rough for the front office.

Paul
I remember that. Also Cathy Gogerly was in the same little "office". John Taylor worked on the magazine and his then wife Jane was in that shed thing AKA central files along with the funny old guy who drove a Morris minor. Was his name Harry? Yes Harry Lucas. He was a character. I remember one night I was on night watch with him. There was a lot of snow. We went down to the G.O sheds which there were auditing rooms. Harry slipped and fell over in the snow and I fell on top of him. Must have been about two in the morning. Another night I was on night watch with Tony Bazuik. We checked out the O.T place where they did the O.T levels. Harry was on watch there. We checked the door and it wasn't locked. We walked in and there was Harry on the floor fast asleep. Not that I never slept on night watch myself.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Yeah he semed like a nice guy. He treated us really well. He may have been C.O in paris before he came to the Hill.

and... David McCarthy and I were the mission that put Hank on post!! Yes he used to be CO Paris and had been "on hold" in Holland as he was being sought by French authorities as part of the fraud investigation they had going.

Bout the only useful thing to come out of that was RPFing Don Larsen

McCarthy and I were ordered back to AOSH UK to remove Hank about 4 weeks later. We put Linda Holling on as CO. (she is doing well in case you remember her)

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
and... David McCarthy and I were the mission that put Hank on post!!

Bout the only useful thing to come out of that was RPFing Don Larsen

McCarthy and I were ordered back to AOSH UK to remove Hank about 4 weeks later. We put Linda Holling on as CO. (she is doing well in case you remember her)[/QUOTE

Yes I remember Linda. Have seen her on facebook. Looks quite prosperous. Robin Scott is also on F.B.