What's new

Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

Glenda

Crusader
Yesterday I watched Leah Remini Scientology and the Aftermath: Thetans in Young Bodies. A lot happened while I was watching it. Doors opened in my head. Tears rolled. I hurled a few (soft) objects across the room. I sat in numbness. I juggled with the horror. I felt raw anger.

Then all I felt was fearless and fierce. And calm. A deadly calm.

The high-level hypocrisy and constant contradictions that spew from Hubbard’s rantings, attack something so sacred & vital to building a healthy world. He attacks a core attachment that is primal in humans. The attachment between mother and child. Anyone that does that is without any discussion needed, a monster.

I hold very strong views about anyone that messes with the sacred bonds between mother and child. I hold even stronger views about anyone that would hurt a child.

While I was watching the show I remembered something I witnessed at the AOSH ANZO (Sydney). I was fairly new to scientology when this happened. Maybe been in a year or less. There was great excitement as one of the crew had just arrived back from a two-plus-year training cycle over in America. This woman had left a baby in Australia when she’d gone to the U.S. to do her training. That baby was now about three-years-old. I realised at the time that the baby would not know who her mother was. The sea org mother was being given a “few days off” to get reacquainted with her child. Even though I was up to my eyeballs in all things “save the world scientology style” I remember my heart flickering wildly in sorrow for the small child. A child needs their mother. A small child really needs their mother.

I am sorry I didn’t say anything that day. I was so under the influence of cult-think. All I can say is the woman I have become would fucking rant and rave and roar if I witnessed anything like that now. That doesn’t change what happened to those dear sweet children. It doesn’t ease the pain or suffering of those that were abused, without the healthy safety and security ALL children deserve.

Sometimes I deserve to cry about all I was part of. Sometimes I need to say sorry.

I am sorry. So very sorry.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's info about next weeks episode:

358c2095198e1be4a0492e7e4bc66664cc09d6d456659ac507a28ab315e0f23f.png

Yesterday I watched Leah Remini Scientology and the Aftermath: Thetans in Young Bodies. A lot happened while I was watching it. snip

Even though I was up to my eyeballs in all things “save the world scientology style” I remember my heart flickering wildly in sorrow for the small child. A child needs their mother. A small child really needs their mother.

I am sorry I didn’t say anything that day. I was so under the influence of cult-think. All I can say is the woman I have become would fucking rant and rave and roar if I witnessed anything like that now. That doesn’t change what happened to those dear sweet children. It doesn’t ease the pain or suffering of those that were abused, without the healthy safety and security ALL children deserve.

Sometimes I deserve to cry about all I was part of. Sometimes I need to say sorry.

I am sorry. So very sorry.

I hear you - one day the wife and I were walking through CC when it was in the process of being renovated, before the atrium was built, and she saw this infant, perhaps 5 or 6 months old laying in a white plastic crib that was too small for it, naked except for a wet diaper, blue with the cold, crying and no-one near. My wife wanted to pick up the child and walk out the door, she was in such anguish. It is tough when you have to say to yourself - this is not my problem, and walk away.

Mimsey

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I've just watched Episode 2 about two suicides in scientology. OMG, it's hard to watch. Marie Bilheimer and Lauren Haggis are so brave for speaking out on behalf of those who can't anymore. I don't have words right now, as Mike Rinder says to Lauren the story just encompasses what the cult really is in all it's wicked and heartbreaking glory.

This is relevant:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/

And I will keep repeating this wherever I can - if you want to know WHY scientology acts this way, read Janis Gillham Grady's new book that shows how Hubbard set the examples and disgusting "policies" that are still in force today. He treated people like pawns with no empathy or care, and this is his legacy. Needless death, destruction and disconnection of families.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
And Tony Ortega adds more detail to the stories.

Tonight on ‘Aftermath’: Suicide in Scientology, where sympathy and compassion are outlawed

https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/22/t...y-where-sympathy-and-compassion-are-outlawed/

TheHoleDoesExist • a day ago

Scientology Kills.

All the stories, all the reports, all the cases laid out one by one over half a century, no matter details of the method all add up to the same conclusion. Scientology claims their service erases harmful effects, but the true product of Scientology is extermination. Scientology destroys families, physical health, mental health, businesses, careers, personalities, financial health.

Scientology practices medicine without a license. Scientology promotes enhanced mental health. Scientology produces mental illness. Scientology is also in the business of obstruction of justice. It's one of their main gigs reminiscent of mafia tactics. Scientology will never reveal the true numbers of suicides, just as we will never know the true numbers of members who were driven mad or never fully recovered.

For a decade I have been trying to find obituaries for over 100 former Scientologists I knew and cared about. They don't exist. If I added them all up, there's probably over 1,000 I interacted with that I have had to relegate to the "Disappeared". The fact is most former members just disappear. Why? I can only make educated guesses that they were hiding from their former master, like abused partners running away from spouses, only there is no safe house shelters for Scientologists. But I fear too many are dead. I've only confirmed 100 of them died from checking the blogs and forums.

It is no surprise to me that Scientology disappears Facebook posts. Even in death, Scientology attacks, attempts to destroy your every footstep, denial of your very existence. That's why I plant a flower for every Ex I learn has died. It's my way of honoring their life and my FU testimony to Scientology's lie: "These human beings DID exist".
https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/22/t...d-compassion-are-outlawed/#comment-3480985082

silk spectre

I recently started to watch Aftermath and for some reason I wasn't expecting much. Maybe because I thought it would be about celebrities trying to explain over and over again why they were Scientologists in a very superficial way.

Instead I was moved by the stories and found myself actually weeping a few times. It left me speechless about the unforgiving and unrelenting ways this cult poisons the lives of their members and perceived enemies.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I recently started to watch Aftermath and for some reason I wasn't expecting much. Maybe because I thought it would be about celebrities trying to explain over and over again why they were Scientologists in a very superficial way.

Instead I was moved by the stories and found myself actually weeping a few times. It left me speechless about the unforgiving and unrelenting ways this cult poisons the lives of their members and perceived enemies.

Exactly!

The show is such shockingly profound and compelling entertainment.

Irresistible, ain't it?

Once you get past the "free stress test", you're kinda hooked into joining the ASC for a billion years, lol.

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron

True honesty and anguish comes through and is very effective. That is the reason Scn is so afraid of the show.

You never know with celebrities like actors as they are professionals at acting but these are every day people. You can tell they are telling their stories from the soul.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

In my case I had high expectations, based upon all I heard prior to the beginning of Season 1, and the show has way exceeded my expectations.

Leah and all those involved with producing this show truly are deserving of an Emmy. :yes:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
A note on Mother of Tayler Tweed who killed herself at 23 years old...last night's Leah Show.
Cathy Tweed OT VIII came back from Freewinds in 1990 and immediately started scamming Los Angeles Scientologists for money for her Real Estate scams.
Those who gave her the investment money lost it all.

Scroll forward to 3 years ago. What MOM tweets people to disconnect from her daughter ?
A Scientology MOM !

cathy.tweed.post.jpg

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
A note on Mother of Tayler Tweed who killed herself at 23 years old...last night's Leah Show.
Cathy Tweed OT VIII came back from Freewinds in 1990 and immediately started scamming Los Angeles Scientologists for money for her Real Estate scams.

What makes me think she also did her Ls? Of course, I could be wrong. I've just heard a LOT of similar stories about people who behaved in such a manner after doing their Ls.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew two OT VIIIs who did the same in the late 1980s. Came back from the Freewinds and got UK Scientologists to invest in their real estate business.

It all went belly-up and caused a huge flap in the UK Scientology world.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Children Sacrificed on the Altar of Superstition and Willful Ignorance

Would an enlightened and otherwise civilized society tolerate a religion that practiced, say, human sacrifice as a religious belief? No, you say?

And yet so many deaths have resulted from Scientology's ignorant and dangerous dogma regarding mental health, physical health treatment, and the foolish and often deadly choices made by Scientologists as a direct result of their adherence to the quackery and nonsense that Hubbard ordered, and that comprises Scientology dogma.

It seems that Scientology encourages, and some Scientologists practice a variant of human sacrifice, which is most painfully evident as when the child of a Scientologist whose mental health issues have been willfully neglected by that parent takes their own life.

The silence of some of these parents concerning the extent to which their own adherence to Scientology acted as a contributory factor in the death of their child is deeply troubling.

Tayler Tweed, Kyle Brennan, Aaron Poulin, Lisa McPherson, Philip Gale, and Quentin Hubbard, just a few of the many whose deaths I firmly believe could have been prevented with timely professional mental health intervention.

May they all rest in peace.
And may Scientology's practice of human sacrifice end.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Leah & Mike show us with every show that, for most people, scn is worse than anyone ever let themselves believe.

scn more & more is getting exposed for what it really is . . . . a nasty little cult more concerned with it's own image far more than any individual.

So much sicker in so many ways ( & everyday ) than most people want to know.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Mike Rinder has a powerful article about scientology's predictable response to Episode 2.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-response-to-episode-2/

Right or wrong, I feel that Marie as Aaron’s wife was responsible for taking care of him.

This is part of the statement by Aaron’s mother.

Well, she got that right. She is in fact wrong. And she knows it.

It is the SEA ORG that is responsible for everything about the life of a Sea Org member. That was the point. The Sea Org is incapable of dealing with someone who has serious mental health issues, as they went to great pains to explain above. Now blaming Marie is just sick and probably the worst example in this smear piece of the scientology mindset of “protect the church at all costs” and “attack the attacker.”

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
A person named Alanzo is throwing down some bad sh*t
over on Mike R's blog today. Names and attacks The Troika
head on.Too funny.

And they don't have ignore buttons over there, so people
have to take it. :wink2:

Here are a couple comments. The rest of the fight is over there. :hysterical:

Screenshot from 2017-08-30 17-52-32.png
Screenshot from 2017-08-30 17-53-13.png

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .
A person named Alanzo is throwing down some bad sh*t
over on Mike R's blog today. Names and attacks The Troika
head on.Too funny.

And they don't have ignore buttons over there, so people
have to take it. :wink2:

Here are a couple comments. The rest of the fight is over there. :hysterical:

View attachment 13755
View attachment 13754

Ooooh my goodness!

How jealous & bitter Alanzo The Troll is that others have found great success and critical acclaim in the entertainment world.

Jeez...that was his Admin Scale that they "appropriated"! LOL

Alanzo has gone full blown hysterical Social Justice Warrior. Here's his 2-step infantile routine that repeats on a mad loop, endlessly:

1) Outraged tantrums punctuated with finger pointing at evil people!

2) Solo chest-thumping, soon followed by rabid virtue signaling.​

Sorry, Alanzo, I know you wanted to keep your upper level technology a secret. LOL

ps: There there, Alanzo, we know, we know--it's soooooo tough for such a loving, generous, compassionate spiritual saint like yourself to exist in a world of debased DBs who cannot fathom your greatness. We pray you teach us how to become more like you, oh great rage troll! LOL

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Are Alanzo & Marty one another dating yet ?

Poor lil davie got left with TC as JT doesn't want either of 'em.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
It's been a few weeks since the episode aired and I've not seen any post(s) here that address Leah Remini's description of her experience with the OT 3 material.

(If you haven't seen the episode, she states that she was in a room, seated at a table, and when she finished reading the Xenu story, she looked across the table at her mom, Vicky.)

Is everyone permitted to have another person in the room while reading OT 3 (or any other OT level) or was this an exception due to her being a celeb? :confused: