What's new

President of Scientology Narconon rehab named in investigation of anti-vax doctors

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
President of Scientology Narconon Melbourne drug rehabilitation centre named in investigation of secret cell of anti-vaccination doctors.

VIDEO AT LINK: Melbourne doctor boasts about helping anti-vaxxers

Herald Sun: Secret Melbourne cell of anti-vaxxer doctors under investigation
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/se...k=29f3629ed38003b37da146f333b7c069-1503527675

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

GRANT McARTHUR, HEALTH EDITOR, Herald Sun
August 23, 2017 5:15am

AT least three Melbourne GPs are being investigated amid claims an underground network of anti-vaccination doctors is secretly helping families duck compulsory immunisations.

The probe comes as an explosive video has emerged of one rebel anti-vaccination doctor and a colleague boasting of helping 600 Melbourne families to avoid immunisations.

Victoria’s Health Department and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency are examining allegations raised about the Melbourne general practitioners who, it is claimed, are offering their services to families opposed to vaccinations.

The GPs include Mitcham’s Dr John Piesse, who spoke out against “no jab no play” regulations relating to childcare, and “no jab no pay” regulations relating to family assistance payments, at a Hawthorn screening of controversial film Vaxxed on August 3.

Dr Piesse told the gathering: “I am a doctor who has been working hard for 18 months to try and help parents get exemption from ‘vaccinated pain for vaccinated play’, with mixed success.

“There are a few loops and hoops, but any doctor who wants to learn about it could contact some of the people in the AVN (Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network) and they could contact the doctor and explain what has to be done,” he said.

In a video filmed at the Hawthorn screening, which has been posted on an anti-vaccination Facebook account, Dr Piesse says that while it is easier for doctors to get around rules relating to “no jab no play” than those relating to “no jab no pay”, both can be sidestepped.

“I want you to know it is possible to get the exemption,” Dr Piesse told the crowd.

“So there is hope.”

Dr Piesse told the crowd: “You need a doctor’s letter of contrary indication in the right form, provided the doctor has got the qualifications required for ‘no vax no pay’, or is a registered medical practitioner for ‘no vax no play’.

“I was told I didn’t have the (necessary) qualifications, but we managed to extract from them (the Health Department) in writing that, yes, I do have the qualifications,” he said.

“Now they want to know my reasons — I don’t have to give reasons.

“Reason is not required. In fact, it is a good idea not to, because it is only going to attract a lot of arguments, to-ing and fro-ing, questions, and anxiety for the doctor. But so what?”

It is believed the Health Department has now formally notified AHPRA about at least three doctors at inner and eastern suburban practices.

But AHPRA is under fire for taking more than a year to investigate Dr Piesse, who was referred to it by the Health Department in August 2016 after he applied for immunisation exemptions for patients on the grounds that the shots would damage their health.

At the Hawthorn film screening, Dr Piesse’s colleague from the Natural Healing Centre in Mitcham, naturopathic physician Nerida James, also addressed a panel that included US anti-jab radicals Polly Tommey and Suzanne Humphries.

“I have a natural healing centre where Dr Piesse works ... We can support you and we have been supporting about 600 families, thanks to Dr John Piesse,” Dr James said.

Dr James is president of the Church of Scientology’s Melbourne Narconon drug rehabilitation centre.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Re: President of Scientology Narconon rehab named in investigation of anti-vax doctor

Secret network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors' includes President of Scientology Narconon rehab.

Daily Mail - Revealed: Secret underground network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors helping HUNDREDS of families dodge compulsory immunisations'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4817788/Secret-underground-network-anti-vaxxer-doctors.html

Revealed: Secret underground network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors helping HUNDREDS of families dodge compulsory immunisations'

At least three Melbourne GPs are being investigated by health authorities

They include Dr John Piesse, who works at Mitcham's Natural Healing Centre

He was filmed saying families he could help them get exemption from vaccinations

By KHALEDA RAHMAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 22:47 BST, 23 August 2017 | UPDATED: 03:26 BST, 24 August 2017

'I want you to know it is possible to get the exemption so there is hope,' he told the crowd.

He explained that they needed a doctor's letter of 'contrary indication' – provided the GP has the qualifications required for 'no vax no play' or is a registered medical practitioner for 'no vax no play.'

Dr Piesse said he had been told he didn't have the necessary qualifications – but he managed to get in writing from the Health Department that he did.

Naturapathic physician Nerida James – who is Dr Piesse's colleague from the Natural Healing Centre and president of the Church of Scientology's Melbourne Narconon drug rehabilitation centre – also spoke at the screening on August 3.

She told attendees that they could help them like they have helped about 600 families.

'We can support you. We have been supporting about 600 families thanks to Dr John Piesse,' she said.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Re: President of Scientology Narconon rehab named in investigation of anti-vax doctor

Naturapathic physician Nerida James – who is Dr Piesse's colleague from the Natural Healing Centre and president of the Church of Scientology's Melbourne Narconon drug rehabilitation centre – also spoke at the screening on August 3.

She told attendees that they could help them like they have helped about 600 families.

'We can support you. We have been supporting about 600 families thanks to Dr John Piesse,' she said.

Ah Nerida. She is the "go to" naturopathic doctor for Melbourne scientologists.

This is making big news here, I caught a segment tonight on tv news and the word "scientology" came up a lot. Way to go lovey. :biggrin:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/se...n/news-story/dbd0d3ba7f5464dcbaa8cc44bcb52576

http://www.9news.com.au/health/2017...g-anti-vaxxers-dodge-compulsory-immunisations

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Ah Nerida. She is the "go to" naturopathic doctor for Melbourne scientologists.

This is making big news here, I caught a segment tonight on tv news and the word "scientology" came up a lot. Way to go lovey. :biggrin:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/se...n/news-story/dbd0d3ba7f5464dcbaa8cc44bcb52576

http://www.9news.com.au/health/2017...g-anti-vaxxers-dodge-compulsory-immunisations

Hi FTS. I could be wrong but I think you need to have an account to view the Heraldsun page. Thanks anyway.

CommunicatorIC

Dr. John Piesse, the anti-vaxxer doctor (GP) referred to in the articles, has been actively involved with the Scientology Narconon rehab Get Off Drugs Naturally since at least 2001.

Diluted Thinking -- AVSN: Vaxxed Tour 2017 Hawthorn screening

http://dilutedthinking.com/avn_vaxxed2017hawthorn.php

HT - Death Hamster on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/pr...anti-vaccination-doctors.133284/#post-2615394

And where does Dr John Piesse fit in? Well, he's been actively involved with Narconon and Get Off Drugs Naturally since at least 2001, according to this glowing endorsement and promotion of Get Off Drugs Naturally:

jLtT4Rk.jpg

[letter head - address shown is James' Natural Healing Centre]
Tuesday 20th August, 2013

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been associated through practice and visits to the centre with Get Off Drugs Naturally students and staff over the last 12 years.

During this time I have witnessed some remarkable results. The staff are dedicated and committed to assisting those with past substance abuse to regain their dignity and self esteem to achieve a more stable and trouble free lifestyle.

To any of those who would question the results and validity of the full Narconon program, I invite them to go and see for themselves and make an educated analysis.

I wish the Get Off Drugs Naturally Executives and Staff all the very best with their new venture and I offer continued support to all those seeking a better life.

[signed John Piesse]

Source: Get Off Drugs Naturally website:
Code:
http://www.getoffdrugs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/John-Piesse-Endorsement.jpg

But we shouldn't be too surprised to see the Church of Scientology raise its ugly head at a Vaxxed event. Scientology's predatory front group for African-Americans, Nation of Islam, and the Vaxxed team jumped into bed together years ago. Major Vaxxed representatives, including Polly Tommey, Andrew Wakefield, Del Bigtree and Dr Brian Hooker, have appeared at anti-vaccination events in conjunction with Nation of Islam.

Get Off Drugs Naturally is clearly a Scientology Narconon rehab facility:

Code:
http://www.getoffdrugs.com.au/

fQPZPe1.png

The endorsement by Dr. John Piesse on the Get Off Drugs Naturally Narconon website:

Code:
http://www.getoffdrugs.com.au/testimonials/endorsement/

hlMxrAv.png

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thank you for posting all this. Very helpful :yes:

CommunicatorIC

Anti-Vaxxer Dr. John Piesse practiced at the Scientology Narconon rehab Natural Healing Center / Get Off Drugs Naturally in 2013 and perhaps later.

Code:
http://www.naturalhealingcentre.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Winter-2013-Newsletter-Web.pdf

uLiyfmq.png

CommunicatorIC

Anti-vaxxer GP Dr. John Piesse vows to continue helping parents avoid compulsory immunisations for their children until he's deregistered - and admits he's let up to 450 kids dodge vaccination.

Daily Mail: Anti-vaxxer GP vows to continue helping parents avoid compulsory immunisations for their children until he's deregistered - and admits he's let up to 450 kids dodge jabs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vows-continue-helping-avoid-vaccinations.html

CommunicatorIC

Secret network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors' includes President of Scientology Narconon rehab.

Daily Mail - Revealed: Secret underground network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors helping HUNDREDS of families dodge compulsory immunisations'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4817788/Secret-underground-network-anti-vaxxer-doctors.html

Revealed: Secret underground network of 'anti-vaxxer doctors helping HUNDREDS of families dodge compulsory immunisations'

At least three Melbourne GPs are being investigated by health authorities

They include Dr John Piesse, who works at Mitcham's Natural Healing Centre

He was filmed saying families he could help them get exemption from vaccinations

By KHALEDA RAHMAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

'I want you to know it is possible to get the exemption so there is hope,' he told the crowd.

He explained that they needed a doctor's letter of 'contrary indication' – provided the GP has the qualifications required for 'no vax no play' or is a registered medical practitioner for 'no vax no play.'

Dr Piesse said he had been told he didn't have the necessary qualifications – but he managed to get in writing from the Health Department that he did.

Scientology Narconon Melbourne drug rehabilitation centre President Nerida James Scientology Service Completions.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/n/nerida-b.-james.html

RMLCKre.png

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/n/nerida-james.html

GVHFAMV.png

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Anti-Vaxxer Dr. John Piesse practiced at the Scientology Narconon rehab Natural Healing Center / Get Off Drugs Naturally in 2013 and perhaps later.

Code:
http://www.naturalhealingcentre.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Winter-2013-Newsletter-Web.pdf

uLiyfmq.png
Melbourne GP Dr. John Piesse accused of helping parents avoid vaccinations reprimanded 13 years ago.

The Guardian: Melbourne GP Dr. John Piesse accused of helping parents avoid vaccinations reprimanded 13 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...s-avoid-vaccinations-reprimanded-13-years-ago

* * * * * EXCERPT WITH NEW INFORMATION * * * * *

Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria ordered Dr John Piesse be counselled in 2004 for failing to ‘make appropriate investigations of patient symptoms’

A Melbourne doctor under investigation for helping parents evade compulsory vaccinations was reprimanded a decade ago for failing to properly treat patients with potentially life-threatening illnesses like cancer and depression.

[SNIP]

By Friday the Medical Board of Australia told Piesse that it intended to revoke his medical registration. Piesse, a supporter of alternative medicine, has a right-of-reply before that occurs, including an opportunity to outline why his license should not be revoked. The time period usually allowed for a reply is one week.

But a report uncovered by Guardian Australia shows that concerns about Piesse were raised as far back as 2001, when Medicare Australia reported him because he charged Medicare for long and prolonged consultations, and because he made an abnormally high number of pathology requests during the year 2000. He rendered 2,137 services to 707 patients at a total Medicare benefit of $87,570 that year.

In July 2003, a professional review committee investigating the allegations found Piesse’s conduct during 2000 “caused a significant threat to the life or health of his patients”.

“It was concerned that Dr Piesse failed to make appropriate investigations of patient symptoms of possibly serious conditions such as cancer, meningitis, depression, and anaemia,” a report from the professional services review scheme said.

The committee also found Piesse administered multiple vitamin B doses from one vial.

This information was referred to the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria, which in August 2004 ordered that Piesse be reprimanded, counselled, repay Medicare benefits totalling $18,179, and be disqualified for 18 months from providing certain GP services to patients.

In 2007, the Medical Board of Australia ordered Piesse provide a statutory declaration every three months “to confirm that he has not facilitated the administration of intravenous herbal infusions, genome therapies, and other therapies brought into the country by patients, unless the therapies have been specifically approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration”.

Piesse later admitted that he had failed to provide these statutory declarations, telling the board: “I acknowledge that I did not initially provide statutory declarations … The reason for the delay in initially providing the statutory declarations was that I was very disturbed by the restriction and implications of this determination in denying safe, beneficial treatment for my patients.”

He was ordered to provide the statutory declarations in future and to undertake further education in critical thinking and research.

[SNIP]

CommunicatorIC

Anti-vax GP Dr John Piesse has recently been involved with Scientology’s Narconon drug rehab program. Claims his critical thinking skills are "above average."

Australian Doctor: Anti-vax GP says his critical thinking skills are 'above average'

NOTE: Access to articles on the Australian Doctor website normally requires registration, which is limited to "health practitioners registered to practice in Australia." One can access this article, however, by going to the Tweet linked below and then clicking on the link to the article in the tweet. That bypasses the registration requirement.

https://twitter.com/australiandr/status/901034168095711233

* * * * * EXCERPT OF ARTICLE * * * * *

Anti-vax GP says his critical thinking skills are 'above average'

Geir O'Rourke | 25 August, 2017 | 2 comments

A GP who was filmed bragging about helping hundreds of children dodge vaccinations refused to complete an RACGP module on critical thinking because he believed he had “above average skills in this respect”.

[SNIP]

But the GP has been battling medical authorities for decades.

As early as 1985, he accused the Victorian Government of running a “nameless departmental organisation” he believed was dedicated to “destroying the freedom of Victorians to receive and practise homeopathy".

"Such bureaucratic nonsense directed at alternative therapies will always tend to occur when individuals are given power to regulate therapeutic substances against which they hold personal prejudices and about whom they are fundamentally ignorant," he told a government inquiry.

Documents from a Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in 2011 show Dr Piesse also spent four years defying an order to complete the RACGP’s Critical Thinking and Research module.

Dr Piesse was ordered to do the training by the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria after being caught giving patients unapproved intravenous herbal infusions and so-called genome therapies.

But he said he was too sick and too busy to do the college module, which normally takes about 48 hours to complete. He added he had no need of critical thinking education anyway.

“Given that I consider that I have above-average skills in this respect — please correct me if the board has reason to believe otherwise — I have not yet undertaken further education in this area of knowledge,” he said.

“However, when time and energy permits, and a suitable source of training becomes available, I would be only too pleased to partake such a training programme.”

As a result of his noncompliance, he was reprimanded and ordered to make a statutory declaration promising not to administer any more unapproved remedies.

More recently, Dr Piesse has been involved with the Church of Scientology’s 'Narconon' drug rehab program.

In a 2013 letter of endorsement posted to the program’s website, Dr Piesse wrote he had “witnessed some remarkable results”.

"To any of those who would question the results and validity of the full Narconon Program, I invite them to go and see for themselves and make an educated analysis,” he wrote.

[SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT OF ARTICLE * * * * *

THE TWEET FOR REFERENCE:

m2KHukz.png

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

$cientologist practicing $cientology has the usual results - even better as Nerida is an OT VIII:roflmao:

Amazingly none of the idiots involved in this latest clusterf@&k will ever believe that they have been identified as total tools by the average person:no:

More inoculated "wogs" awoken to the perils of the cult:woohoo:

CommunicatorIC

Hi FTS. I could be wrong but I think you need to have an account to view the Heraldsun page. Thanks anyway.
The work-around is to go to the Tweet linked below (you do NOT need a Twitter account) and then click on the link in that Tweet. That bypasses the requirement to have an account.

Secret Melbourne cell of anti-vaxxer doctors under investigation

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/900484307558576132

/

CommunicatorIC

Anti-vax GP Dr John Piesse has recently been involved with Scientology’s Narconon drug rehab program. Claims his critical thinking skills are "above average."

Australian Doctor: Anti-vax GP says his critical thinking skills are 'above average'

NOTE: Access to articles on the Australian Doctor website normally requires registration, which is limited to "health practitioners registered to practice in Australia." One can access this article, however, by going to the Tweet linked below and then clicking on the link to the article in the tweet. That bypasses the registration requirement.

https://twitter.com/australiandr/status/901034168095711233

* * * * * EXCERPT OF ARTICLE * * * * *

Anti-vax GP says his critical thinking skills are 'above average'

Geir O'Rourke | 25 August, 2017 | 2 comments

A GP who was filmed bragging about helping hundreds of children dodge vaccinations refused to complete an RACGP module on critical thinking because he believed he had “above average skills in this respect”.

[SNIP]

But the GP has been battling medical authorities for decades.

As early as 1985, he accused the Victorian Government of running a “nameless departmental organisation” he believed was dedicated to “destroying the freedom of Victorians to receive and practise homeopathy".

"Such bureaucratic nonsense directed at alternative therapies will always tend to occur when individuals are given power to regulate therapeutic substances against which they hold personal prejudices and about whom they are fundamentally ignorant," he told a government inquiry.

Documents from a Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in 2011 show Dr Piesse also spent four years defying an order to complete the RACGP’s Critical Thinking and Research module.

Dr Piesse was ordered to do the training by the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria after being caught giving patients unapproved intravenous herbal infusions and so-called genome therapies.

But he said he was too sick and too busy to do the college module, which normally takes about 48 hours to complete. He added he had no need of critical thinking education anyway.

“Given that I consider that I have above-average skills in this respect — please correct me if the board has reason to believe otherwise — I have not yet undertaken further education in this area of knowledge,” he said.

“However, when time and energy permits, and a suitable source of training becomes available, I would be only too pleased to partake such a training programme.”

As a result of his noncompliance, he was reprimanded and ordered to make a statutory declaration promising not to administer any more unapproved remedies.

More recently, Dr Piesse has been involved with the Church of Scientology’s 'Narconon' drug rehab program.

In a 2013 letter of endorsement posted to the program’s website, Dr Piesse wrote he had “witnessed some remarkable results”.

"To any of those who would question the results and validity of the full Narconon Program, I invite them to go and see for themselves and make an educated analysis,” he wrote.

[SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT OF ARTICLE * * * * *

THE TWEET FOR REFERENCE:

m2KHukz.png
Anti-vaxxers raise thousands for rogue Melbourne doctor

Herald Sun: Anti-vaxxers raise thousands for rogue Melbourne doctor

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/80434f080a5cf4a78a7822a7db1f71d9

THE anti-vaxxer community has rallied around a rogue Melbourne doctor who is under investigation for allegedly helping families avoid compulsory vaccinations, raising more than $13,500 in less than 24 hours.

A fundraising page has been set up to raise $100,000 for Mitcham GP Dr John Piesse whose medical registration is about to be suspended amid concerns for patient safety.

The Mitcham Natural Healing Centre where Dr Piesse works is understood to be responsible for the page.

The page claimed Dr Piesse was a “doctor of the people”, was “supportive and appreciative” of the money being donated to him and would struggle to raise the money himself.