What's new

Website with LRH and COB quotes compared

I remember seeing a web site at one point with Hubbard quoted as saying things completely contradictory with Scn policy today. I now forget where I found it. Has anyone been to such a site? It's affiliated with Free Zone Scn; the operator of the site likes Scn and LRH but of course not the dwarf.

Veda

Sponsor
I remember seeing a web site at one point with Hubbard quoted as saying things completely contradictory with Scn policy today. I now forget where I found it. Has anyone been to such a site? It's affiliated with Free Zone Scn; the operator of the site likes Scn and LRH but of course not the dwarf.

The site is misleading, but useful in separating Scientologists from the organization.

If you're looking for contradictions, Hubbard's writings are replete with them. But they are not really contradictions.

For example, during early February 1966, there were three policy issues titled 'Attacks on Scientology'.

One was for broad public distribution and instructed 'Advocate Total Freedom' as the only response to attacks.

But wait! Two days later arrived another policy. titled, 'Public Investigation Section', and this was 'limited Non-Remimeo' and meant for Exec Secs, section Investigator Hats, etc.

Hubbard summed up his new organization department:

"It will be seen that the section has all the useful functions of an intelligence and propaganda agency."

But wait again! On the 18th of February, 1966, the very next day, arrives another policy titled 'Attacks on Scientology' and it's a 'General Non Remineo' issue, and meant only for Exec Secs, Legal Hats, and Sec 5 Hats.

At the top of "successful actions" is "investigating noisily the attackers" (in other words, smearing with innuendo.)

On 25 February 25 1966, yet another policy titled 'Attacks on Scientology' appeared.

This was limited "Remimeo," and restricted to Exec Sec hats, HCO Sec Hats. Legal, etc.

It states, "Start feeding blood, lurid sex... to the press."

Each of these issue had a specific audience.

Scientology is secretive.

It publicizes some of Hubbard's writings and conceals others from public view.

It operate in layers of secrecy, from broadly publicized to highly confidential.

Last edited:
The site is misleading, but useful in separating Scientologists from the organization.

If you're looking for contradictions, Hubbard's writings are replete with them. But they are not really contradictions.

For example, during early February 1966, there were three policy issues titled 'Attacks on Scientology'.

One was for broad public distribution and instructed 'Advocate Total Freedom' as the only response to attacks.

But wait! Two days later arrived another policy. titled, 'Public Investigation Section', and this was 'limited Non-Remimeo' and meant for Exec Secs, section Investigator Hats, etc.

Hubbard summed up his new organization department:

"It will be seen that the section has all the useful functions of an intelligence and propaganda agency."

But wait again! On the 18th of February, 1966, the very next day, arrives another policy titled 'Attacks on Scientology' and it's a 'General Non Remineo' issue, and meant only for Exec Secs, Legal Hats, and Sec 5 Hats.

At the top of "successful actions" is "investigating noisily the attackers" (in other words, smearing with innuendo.)

On 25 February 25 1966, yet another policy titled 'Attacks on Scientology' appeared.

This was limited "Remimeo," and restricted to Exec Sec hats, HCO Sec Hats. Legal, etc.

It states, "Start feeding blood, lurid sex... to the press."

Each of these issue had a specific audience.

Scientology is secretive.

It publicizes some of Hubbard's writings and conceals others from public view.

It operate in layers of secrecy, from broadly publicized to highly confidential.

Be that as it may, I was looking primarily at *stated* deviations by Miscavige from Scn's *stated* goals in the Fifties, for example. I'm still firmly of the opinion that LRH had, despite his serpentine and often venal personality, some redeeming features. This is not true of David Miscavige.

Veda

Sponsor
Be that as it may, I was looking primarily at *stated* deviations by Miscavige from Scn's *stated* goals in the Fifties, for example. I'm still firmly of the opinion that LRH had, despite his serpentine and often venal personality, some redeeming features. This is not true of David Miscavige.

Stated? As in displayed? You mean like the "Creed of the Church of Scientology" which is stated and displayed? Essentially, a wall decoration.

_________​

This is not so much about Hubbard's personality as it is about the conscious and deliberate design of Scientology - a design that was carefully crafted over decades by Hubbard according to a certain model. He might have been a wonderful person but this was, nonetheless, his model for Scientology.

That model, simply put, was the "overt (visible)/covert" model.

Discussion re. overt/covert nature of Scientology:

#1: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=392325&postcount=38

#2: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=392327&postcount=39

#3: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=392331&postcount=40

(Note: The formatting of the above may have been somewhat affected by the recent changes at the message board, but the conversation is still there, and may be useful to look over.)

________​

yellowonion.jpg

http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105/index.html

________​

Here a chronological series of quotes built around Hubbard's stated goal of "lightness of organization." (This is one of the quotes that some well meaning Scientologists like to cite.) Any [bracketed] content has been added, for purposes of clarification, and is not part of the original quote.

Listed chronologically:

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, from his "real goal" 'Excalibur' letter, 1938

_________

"Men are my slaves." L. Ron Hubbard, from his 'Affirmations', 1946

"There was a difference between the ideals inherent in the Dianetic hypothesis and the actions of the Foundation in its ostensible efforts to carry out these ideals. The ideals, as I saw them, included non-authoritarianism and a flexibility of approach. The ideals... continued to be given lip-service, but I could see a definite disparity between ideals and actualities."

Dr. J.A. Winter, who wrote the Introduction for 'DMSMH' in 1950, from his book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics', 1951

"No rights of any kind... Dispose of quietly and without sorrow." L. Ron Hubbard, 'Science of Survival', 1951

________

""Always attack..." "Debate engaged upon [that] demeaned and degraded Scientology... SHOULD NEVER BE PERMITTED... [caps in original]

"...if you discover that some group calling itself 'precept processing' had set up and established a series of meetings in your area, you should do all you can to make things interesting for them. In view of the fact that HASI holds the copyrights for all such material the least that could be done in such an area is the placement of a suit against them for using materials of Scientology without authority. Only a member of the HASI or a member of one of the churches affiliated with the HASI has the authority to use this information. The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win.

"The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional demise. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly." From 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', March 1955

:dance3:"Lightness of organization..." June 1955 :yes:

_________

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did [He wrote an unauthorized book about Dianetics] and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos." From L. Ron Hubbard's 'HCO Manual of Justice', 1959

_______

"Find or Manufacture enough threat." L. Ron Hubbard, 'Department of Government Affairs', 1960

________

"Have you ever had unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?" L. Ron Hubbard, Security Check, 1961

________

"Suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology... continued membership in a divergent group... continued adherence to a person or group pronounced suppressive...

And,

"A Suppressive person or group becomes 'fair game'.

"By Fair Game is meant, without rights for self, possessions or position, and no Scientologist may be brought before a Committee of Evidence or punished for any action taken against a Suppressive Person or group...

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"Such suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] 1st degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings not [emphasis added] guilty of suppressive acts.

"[Suppressive Persons] place themselves beyond any consideration for their feelings :nazi:or well being...

"The homes, property, places, and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to suppress Scientology... are all beyond any protection."

From 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', March 1965.

_______

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher," L. Ron Hubbard, 'Discipline, SPs and Admin', 1969.

_________​

I would agree that Hubbard did have some redeeming characteristics. He had an imagination and, IMO, had a knack as a natural psychologist.

Hubbard invented the machine. Miscavige simply operates the machine.

There are colorful aspects to Hubbard's personality - aspects that are lacking in Miscavige. One can hardly imagine Miscavige dressing up for, and participating in, a local parade, and it's hard to imagine Miscavige singing. Yet Hubbard was known to sing.

images-4_zps5e6c1f83.jpeg

"... You are a master.
You are as sensitive and sexy as Pan.
Lord help women when you begin to fondle them.
You are a master of their bodies,
master of their souls
as you may consciously wish.
You have no karma to pay for these acts.
You cannot now accumulate karma
for you are a master adept.
Your voice is low and compelling to them.
Singing to them, for you sing like a master,
destroys their will to resist..."

L. Ron Hubbard, from his secret 1946 Affirmations.

________​

Last edited: