What's new

It has been 17 plus years

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
I was Portland Mission staff from 1976 to 1982. I also was on staff at OSA (special project as non-SO), WISE (non-SO) and LA Day from 1986 to 1996. Routed off LA Day staff in 1995 or 1996 and moved back to Oregon. I married a German girl in 2001 and have 6 kids together. Bruce

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
Yup.

The scientology experience can make a German girl seem downright Polynesian.

Welcome MacKenzie!

Thank you.

My wife is from Hamburg. Her only contact with Scientology was the personality test and evaluation. You never tell a stubborn proud German girl what is wrong with them!

I would appreciate anyone from Germany who could talk with my wife and answer any questions she still has about Scientology in the context of her own culture, generation (she is 54) and language.

Bruce

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank you.

Read a couple of your posts and assumed you were from one of the COSMOD Missions.

Bruce
I was in for 10 years, almost the entire time on staff, between 1979-89. I worked at Boston Org, SOCO INT (Social Coordination - now it's ABLE), SMI INT Expansion Office in Clearwater, and also spent a few months at CC INT writing letters; I wasn't actually staff but was just was getting paid to write letter reg type letters.

This is a picture of me from back in 2010 in front of Boston Org with my Volunteer SP shirt on given to me by Larry Brennan, former member of WDC Watchdog Committee.

Volunteer SP.jpg

Last edited:

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
Just ran across this;

"Guerrilla warfare is essentially a political war. For this reason, its area of operations goes beyond the territorial limits of conventional warfare, penetrating the political being 'par excellence' itself: the 'political animal' defined by Aristoteles (sic)."

"In effect, the human being must be considered as the priority objective in a political war. And viewed as the military target of guerrilla warfare, the most critical point of the human being is the mind. Once the mind has been reached, the 'political animal' has been vanquished, without necessarily having received any shots."

"Such a degree of political awareness and motivation is obtained through group dynamics and self-criticism as a standard teaching method for guerrilla training and operations. Group discussions increase the spirit and unity of thought of the guerrilla squadrons, and they exert social pressure on the weaker members to perform a better role in future training or in combat actions."

"Self-criticism is made in terms of one's own contribution or failures in one's contribution to the cause, the movement, the struggle, etc., and this introduces an element of positive individual commitment to the mission of the group." An excerpt from the psychological warfare manual produced by the CIA for Nicaraguan rebels in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Link to PDF on CIA.gov

Bruce

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Thank you.

My wife is from Hamburg. Her only contact with Scientology was the personality test and evaluation. You never tell a stubborn proud German girl what is wrong with them!

I would appreciate anyone from Germany who could talk with my wife and answer any questions she still has about Scientology in the context of her own culture, generation (she is 54) and language.

Bruce
We had a couple of members here who are German....Nicole, Mr Nobody and Markus.
Don't know if they are still around, apart from Mr Nobody who pops in here and there. He's a pretty cool guy.

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
We had a couple of members here who are German....Nicole, Mr Nobody and Markus.
Don't know if they are still around, apart from Mr Nobody who pops in here and there. He's a pretty cool guy.
I knew a girl, Renata, Swiss-Italian. She was SO. Renata would be perfect but I think she is still in.

Bruce

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
I was in for 10 years, almost the entire time on staff, between 1979-89. I worked at Boston Org, SOCO INT (Social Coordination - now it's ABLE), SMI INT Expansion Office in Clearwater, and also spent a few months at CC INT writing letters; I wasn't actually staff but was just was getting paid to write letter reg type letters.

This is a picture of me from back in 2010 in front of Boston Org with my Volunteer SP shirt on given to me by Larry Brennan, former member of WDC Watchdog Committee.

View attachment 13934
I sure got that one wrong.

Bruce

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you.

Bruce
As it happens I'm one the worst pariahs on this board for my enduring high regard for the best of Hubbard's work but to characterize CoS in your mate's native tongue a film clip of the Wehrmacht pledging loyalty to Adolph Hitler might suffice.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Just ran across this;

"Guerrilla warfare is essentially a political war. For this reason, its area of operations goes beyond the territorial limits of conventional warfare, penetrating the political being 'par excellence' itself: the 'political animal' defined by Aristoteles (sic)."

"In effect, the human being must be considered as the priority objective in a political war. And viewed as the military target of guerrilla warfare, the most critical point of the human being is the mind. Once the mind has been reached, the 'political animal' has been vanquished, without necessarily having received any shots."

"Such a degree of political awareness and motivation is obtained through group dynamics and self-criticism as a standard teaching method for guerrilla training and operations. Group discussions increase the spirit and unity of thought of the guerrilla squadrons, and they exert social pressure on the weaker members to perform a better role in future training or in combat actions."

"Self-criticism is made in terms of one's own contribution or failures in one's contribution to the cause, the movement, the struggle, etc., and this introduces an element of positive individual commitment to the mission of the gr." An excerpt from the psychological warfare manual produced by the CIA for Nicaraguan rebels in the late 1970s or eaantrly 1980s.

Link to PDF on CIA.gov

Bruce
Ancient Chinese general Sun Tzu, in "The Art of War", made the point that the true objective in a conflict, is the elimination of the enemy's willingness to fight you. Only when you have accomplished that, have you won.

Last edited:

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
Ancient Chinese general Sun Tzu, in "The Art of War", made the point that the true objective in a conflict, is the elimination of the enemy's willingness to fight you. Only when you have accomplished that, have you won.
How true.

I am of the opinion a guerilla war has been waged on the entire generation born after WWII world wide. There appear to be many vectors of attack in this war. The war appears to be being executed by the intelligence agencies and military industrial corporate and government agencies.

This generation had the desire to "change the world". The war is still on going and the outcome is undecided. There have been many casualties on all sides.

It is impossible for any faction to win this or any war. The only way to win is not to play (what was the name of that movie?). Until this becomes a self evident truth for all "players" involved the war will continue.

"Would you like to play a game of chess?"

Definition of a player: someone looking for a better deal($).

Bruce

Terril park

Sponsor
How true.

I am of the opinion a guerilla war has been waged on the entire generation born after WWII world wide. There appear to be many vectors of attack in this war. The war appears to be being executed by the intelligence agencies and military industrial corporate and government agencies.

This generation had the desire to "change the world". The war is still on going and the outcome is undecided. There have been many casualties on all sides.

It is impossible for any faction to win this or any war. The only way to win is not to play (what was the name of that movie?). Until this becomes a self evident truth for all "players" involved the war will continue.

"Would you like to play a game of chess?"

Definition of a player: someone looking for a better deal($).

Bruce
War games?

MacKenzie

Patron with Honors
My Story

On a hot summer day, three of us, the driver, a local member and myself had just finished unloading the tractor trailer from the Ann Arbor Co-op Warehouse.

It was Tuesday just after lunch. We were in the basement of a Methodist Church about four blocks from the University of Cincinnati. There was an 8 ' folding table with a pound of pot spread out on it and thick clouds of smoke in the air.

I became aware of footsteps walking down the outside steps. In walks a black suit in his 30's reaching for his ID. Roach swallowed, I walk across the room toward him. He let me know with a look he wasn't there because of the weed. My life would never be the same.

I had become the target of COINTELPRO.

. . . more to come.

Took my first course in Cincinnati in 1975.

I read lots of books and liked them but felt the organization was simply another corporate money cult. Didn't matter if it was General Electric, Boeing, the Moonies, Baba Ram Das, the Mormon Church, IBM or the Vatican (oldest continuous exiting business/corporation on planet earth that I know about).

. . . more to come.

Last edited: