What's new

Scientology Accused Me of “Anti-Religious Bigotry” – Here’s My Response

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I was posted as "Chaplain" at the NY Org in the early '70"s, conducted Sunday Service and a host of other religious cloaking activities.
The "Ministers Course" that I completed took about 3 hours, after which I was "ordained" by the 'Reverend" Colin Thorne.
I was sent to a store near St. Patricks Cathedral to buy my clerical garb. The Guardians Office was responsible for overseeing this program. We all knew it was a phony, smoke and mirrors elaborate game that's been running for over 50 years. A huge lie, intended to deceive everyone, including ourselves.

Yesterday, Pastor Willy Rice spoke the truth about the dangerous and fraudulent nature of Scientology to his congregation.

God bless him; he is one very brave Pastor, and his recognition that there is NOTHING sacred in Scientology will resonate strongly.

Scientology is utterly PROFANE. And that's the God's honest truth.
I remember in 1980, Jimmy Carter re-instituted "selective service" registration (military conscription registration for those outside the US). At Flag, there was then a crash program to get every SO member through the Minister's Course and ordained (because clergy are exempt from conscription)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yesterday, Pastor Willy Rice spoke the truth about the dangerous and fraudulent nature of Scientology to his congregation.

God bless him; he is one very brave Pastor, and his recognition that there is NOTHING sacred in Scientology will resonate strongly.

Scientology is utterly PROFANE. And that's the God's honest truth.
The Tampa Bay Times covered this in an article over here:
In Scientology’s backyard, Baptist preacher ‘takes a stand’

Lot's of Scientology trolls commented in the comment section of the article. (Or 1 troll using multiple sock puppets)

Here's a screenshot of a brief comment I made there:

comment33.PNG

guanoloco

As-Wased
I'm thinking a lot of the Scieno rhetoric is based off of survey and riding the latest trend of "oppressed" and "marginalized" like STAND emulating the latest "be cool" thang of protests.

Funny thing is, I don't know of any other "church" that regularly, itself, gets protested...maybe West Burrows Baptist?

Remember when the latest and greatest buzzword of "bigot" came down the line?

Gib

Crusader
I remember in 1980, Jimmy Carter re-instituted "selective service" registration (military conscription registration for those outside the US). At Flag, there was then a crash program to get every SO member through the Minister's Course and ordained (because clergy are exempt from conscription)
Hubbard's version of "conscription" was not thru military government conscription or by force, or if else,

Hubbard's version of conscription was thru rhetoric, or the art of persuasion, or the Battle for The Mind, and later Hard Sell, and also "if else", meaning if you don't join Scientology, or staff or the Sea Org, why you are letting down the world because Scientology is the answer.

It's really nice getting confirmation bias from ex members here explaining how they didn't achieve the promises of "clear" or "OT",

since we all tried and believed.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Conscription, or self-conscription, where the prisoners themselves construct the cells that will house them.

Come to think of it, the Sea Org could charitably best be described as an modern day form of ‘interminable indentured servitude’ where, when one leaves, even after 30 or 40 years; having given what is essentially free labor, the individual is THEN required to reimburse Scientology at highly inflated prices for everything they’ve received. One is considered a freeloader, labeled a freeloader, and presented a bill for services! This is the brave new world of Scientology!

Instead of receiving a gold watch and and maybe a modest pension, as is the custom among those degraded WOGS, when a Sea Org member leaves, they’re presented with a goldenrod and a freeloader bill...and to my everlasting regret, it pains me beyond words to say that I actually paid mine.

Scientology is, without a doubt, the shitholiest of all shitholes.

Jenyfurrr

Patron

Veda

Sponsor
Those subjected to the deception and manipulation of a mind control cult might begin to believe whatever they've been deceived and manipulated into believing. That's not surprising.

The idea that the rest of us should accept what these victims of a mind control cult believe, as being true - Now, that's surprising.

If a person agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that person has been "handled" by Scientology. That's slightly embarrassing.

If an ex Scientologist agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that's very embarrassing, since that person has not only been handled once (when he first became a Scientologist), but has been re-handled (after having become an ex-Scientologist).

Scientology's battle has been to cause people to agree to its primary empowering fraudulent assertion.

david-miscavige-new-years-speech-2000.jpg

Can you feel yourself agreeing?

Once Scientology has obtained a person's agreement to that fraudulent and empowering assertion, the battle is over. Scolding Scientology for bad behavior, after so agreeing, is pointless.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Those subjected to the deception and manipulation of a mind control cult might begin to believe whatever they've been deceived and manipulated into believing. That's not surprising.

The idea that the rest of us should accept what these victims of a mind control cult believe, as being true - Now, that's surprising.

If a person agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that person has been "handled" by Scientology. That's slightly embarrassing.

If an ex Scientologist agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that's very embarrassing, since that person has not only been handled once (when he first became a Scientologist), but has been re-handled (after having become an ex-Scientologist).

Scientology's battle has been to cause people to agree to its primary empowering fraudulent assertion.

david-miscavige-new-years-speech-2000.jpg

Can you feel yourself agreeing?

Once Scientology has obtained a person's agreement to that fraudulent and empowering assertion, the battle is over. Scolding Scientology for bad behavior, after so agreeing, is pointless.

^^^Great post! I added it to the 'Golden Quotes' thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/golden-quotes-from-esmb.12931/page-29#post-1161616