What's new

Why Scientology Doesn't Work

guanoloco

As-Wased
OK, this is misleading because Scientology perhaps does work. I say this because someone posted here that other than conditioning Scientologists to pay money Scientology is basically worthless. I agree. Scientology exists to glorify Ron and to pay Ron money and power and, clandestinely, sex, drugs and booze...all without Ron having to work. I've posted before that Scientology is a drug-free work environment so that Ron could have a work-free drug environment.

OK, then, back to the thread. This is one I've wanted to post for a long, long time but am just now getting to it.

Before I've posted the "Wizard of Cause" thread and that is what Scientology is. It is something that sells you what you already have. In the Wizard of Oz it was the Scarecrow who came up with all of the ideas...yet he's running around looking in the physical universe for the item he already possesses...a brain. It is the Tin Man who cries himself into sentimental rust...but he's frantically running around to find a heart. The Cowardly Lion has to face his fears and Dorothy has the Rubby Slippers and could've gone home any time she wished. The Wizard of Oz teaches us that we already have the answers we desperately seek to find in the physical universe inside of us...available any time we need them if we merely take a moment and look.

Well...Scientology sells us Cause over MEST. That's where you become Cause over Matter, Energy, Space and Time.

Ironically it may be that we already are Cause over MEST and that Scientology and L. Ron truly are the Wizard of Cause and the Man Behind the Curtain.

In physics there's something called the Copenhagen Interpretation of the double-slit experiment. This is a quantum physics deal that suggests that when the observer looks at a quantum probability to see if it's matter or energy that it becomes what we look for. That is to say that if we look to see if it's matter it is matter and if we look to see if it's energy then it becomes energy. Before any looking it's merely a probability and the act of looking creates the physical reality. Further more the act of looking can be geared towards matter or energy and that we have neither but probability until we do look...and then what we see as either matter or energy is based on what we went to look at. That is to say that before we look it is neither matter or energy and it becomes either matter or energy, but not both, only when we do look and it becomes matter or energy because we are looking for either matter or energy. The Copenhagen Interpretation suggest that the observer, thee and me, creates the matter or the energy based on what we look for.

That would mean that we already are Cause over Matter and Energy. We have just knocked off the ME of MEST.

Well...what about space and time? The ST of MEST?

In the physical sciences we learn that there's the concepts of the preservation of matter and energy. Chemistry is, more or less, based on the preservation of matter in that chemical equations always account for the matter and its conservation. Physics, more or less, is based on the preservation of energy and its equations always account for the energy. If there's a certain amount of matter or energy on one side of the equation the other side must add up to that amount. No matter where the observer is the conservation of matter and energy must be accounted for. No matter what occurs the matter and energy are the same.

Well, Relativity could be summed up as the Conservation of the Laws of Physics. That is to say that no matter what the frame of reference is for the observer the Laws of Physics are the same.

This means that no matter what the location or the velocity of the observer is the speed of light is ALWAYS a constant of C. That means that if you are going at the speed of light, C, and you turn on a flashlight that you won't see it go blasting out from the flashlight as twice the speed of light but at C. If you are traveling at the speed of light, C, towards me and I'm traveling at you at the speed of light, C, and I turn on a flashlight directed at you we are both going to see that light travel from me at C and towards you at C. That means we see it like we see it on Earth today traveling at below the speed of light. In other words, if I turn on a flashlight directed at you today here on Earth we would experience and see the exact same thing if you were traveling at the speed of light towards me who is traveling at the speed of light towards you.

No matter what our velocity or location is we are going to experience the speed of light as a constant, C.

Amazing, isn't it? This is why there is Time Dilation and Length Contraction so that the the "download" speed of the universe is uniform. That means that Space and Time distort around the observer to maintain the constant of the speed of light.

That means that you are already at Cause over Space and Time.

In this way you are already Cause over MEST. Just like the Wizard of Oz/Cause you already possess all of the answers that Scientology wants you to pay for.

Perhaps it's this very self-fulfilling prophecy that any workability in Scientology manifests. You, as an OT, create the win of Scientology and not the other way around.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
That seems to me to be a mainstream view of "cause over MEST" whereas people with less of a mainstream view of things may have other ideas. For instance, to me it means having the ability to:

move objects without touching them, levitate yourself and objects, converse with anyone in any language by using thought transference, regenerate the body (including re-growing missing limbs), heal someone by touching them, jump from one location to another instantly regardless of distance, travel backwards and forwards in time... and so on.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ahhh yes...the Siddhis.

Some tell us they are distractants to spiritual growth.
Agreed; 1 Corinthians 13 (my favourite chapter in the Bible btw) starts with a warning against seeking these powers. From the New King James version;

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NKJV

Even when I was "in," I never understood why the CofS was so fixated on these "siddhis" or why acquiring or developing them should be my spiritual goal. My aim was much more conventional; psychological healing, and a better emotional landscape.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Agreed; 1 Corinthians 13 (my favourite chapter in the Bible btw) starts with a warning against seeking these powers. From the New King James version;

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NKJV

Even when I was "in," I never understood why the CofS was so fixated on these "siddhis" or why acquiring or developing them should be my spiritual goal. My aim was much more conventional; psychological healing, and a better emotional landscape.

That's exactly why people run around all full of theta building barred-windowed holes and RPFs and order disconnections, divorces and abortions because Scientology is pseudo-spiritual.

Nibs stated that it doesn't address spirit but the ego instead.

How true!

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Here's the focus on the Siddhis:

In a 1949 letter to Ackerman, Hubbard discusses his work "DARK SWORD -cause and cure of nervous tension – properly – THE SCIENCE OF MIND, really EXCALIBUR". Hubbard promises that the work will give the reader the power to "rape women without their knowing it, communicate suicide messages to your enemies as they sleep, sell the Arroyo Seco Parkway to the mayor for cash, evolve the best way of protecting or destroying communism, and other handy house hold hints.[9]
"Rape women without their knowing it"...Hubbard was seriously bent. I mean, he writes this as an endorsement promo piece.

From Excalibur.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
In physics there's something called the Copenhagen Interpretation of the double-slit experiment. This is a quantum physics deal that suggests that when the observer looks at a quantum probability to see if it's matter or energy that it becomes what we look for. That is to say that if we look to see if it's matter it is matter and if we look to see if it's energy then it becomes energy. Before any looking it's merely a probability and the act of looking creates the physical reality. Further more the act of looking can be geared towards matter or energy and that we have neither but probability until we do look...and then what we see as either matter or energy is based on what we went to look at. That is to say that before we look it is neither matter or energy and it becomes either matter or energy, but not both, only when we do look and it becomes matter or energy because we are looking for either matter or energy. The Copenhagen Interpretation suggest that the observer, thee and me, creates the matter or the energy based on what we look for.
While this isn't anything to do with the point of the thread, I'm wondering about something in regards to this paragraph of yours I quoted.

What if there are two observers looking simultaneously, one looking to see if its matter and the other looking to see if its energy? Has an experiment of this nature been done?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
While this isn't anything to do with the point of the thread, I'm wondering about something in regards to this paragraph of yours I quoted.

What if there are two observers looking simultaneously, one looking to see if its matter and the other looking to see if its energy? Has an experiment of this nature been done?
Only once but the data went missing. They claim that Schrodinger's cat crawled out of it's box and ate it.