What's new

Two Main Types of Ex-Scientologists

Leland

Crusader
My take is that there are 2 main types of Ex-Scientologists:

Type One ....doesn't continually get into what the Cult was all about and what happened on a daily basis. This "Type One" is an EX- Cult member. They are out, and glad to be out.

Type Two....are guys like Mike Rinder, they are windbags and blowhards that just can't shut up about what they think the Cult was all about...and what they think others should think about what the cult was all about....
They tend to pontificate on the subject on a daily basis...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
We all know by now that the whole scam of BT's is

to find that you are under BT's attack..and then, later on...you must find out that it was all mocked-up....

That tells what $cientology is...

That explains lot of mental collapses and psychotics breaks...

In a diabolically ironic way, Hubbard was correct.

On OT levels Scientologists studied about how their lives, emotions and very thoughts can be dominated and manipulated by an alien--from another planet.

Scientologists dutifully paid for and went on the hunt (for decades) to "spot" and "blow" their BT.

Scientologists never paused a moment to consider that the basic-basic-BT (that would blow the entire chain and all other BTs) was an alien named L. Ron Hubbard. After all, Hubbard said it himself on audiotaped lectures: "I AM NOT FROM THIS PLANET".

The hidden influence all along, therefore, was the alien that was telling Scientologists how to find the aliens. His lectures and HCOBs somehow didn't mention that the Pre-OT might find evil aliens inside of Scientology and even up at the top of the "command channel".

When I first heard that Scientology was a religion that had a "command channel" I should have stopped spotting alien beings and causing them to blow--and (instead) spotted myself, so I could blow.

WTF, a religion with military uniforms and messianically megalomaniacal morons saluting each other?!!!

cruise-salute.jpg

It's okay, really--an advanced being from another
planet named "Ron" told them to do this.

HelluvaHoax!

Yeah...you'd think they were Muslim or something.

View attachment 14127

Same caption for both the Cruise/Miscavige saluting photo and the shot of ISIS terrorists extending their index finger. I'm pretty sure it's not to say "WE'RE NUMBER ONE!"----but rather to point skyward and proclaim:

It's okay, really--an advanced being not from this
planet named "Muhammed" told us to do this.

(murder infidels, gays, apostates and women trying to resist rape)

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The real gain I got was when I exited for good and my bank account stat went high again vertical

So I could have good nutritious meals
Have a nice job
to pay the bills
Have a lover that I find suits me
Have my private life
Own my right to masturbate
(that's my own meat body)
Have dreams
Have true friends
I can count on
Have a car
Have a nice a home
Have a futur fill with projects and hope
Have confidence in life
Have pills to calm down pain when needed
Have a EMDR psychotherapy for a specific trauma that needed to be addressed
Have recovered true confidence in myself
Have fun and tons of laughters withouth being tagged 1,1 for doing so...

Have the opportunity to enjoy internet
have the opportunity to have pleasure in life
Have moments to enjoy nature
Have holidays
Have nice long dinners at home
Drink alcohol

Enjoy a nice movie
Have sufficient sleeping hours
Have sufficient rest
Have mental strenght
Being true to yourself and your own integrity

Those are my ''gains''..
Knowing there is nothing to ''gain'' in life, other than be present here and now, to enjoy life and be gratefull for being alive, loved and feeling secure.

My major ''win'' was to understand there is nothing to attain...but only to live this life as simply it shall be..made of pleasure and sufferings, some we have control over , some we don't.

I don't believe life is a marathon to accumulate wins, powers an abilities...(and money to buy them)
The true answers to existential questions are within very simple things and way of living!
It's up to us to be very attentive, and master our frantic mental to calm it, and be attentive to present time experiences!

Many exes recovered their awareness when they got out...and it's fine if it took this $cientology experience to have them reconnect to their true self ; even though after they experienced the sense of being lost....in dellusion, lies, false promises and guru and coolaid!

No more guru, no more beliefs, no more scriptures, no more tech, no more gains, no more truth..
only living simply, our life, for what it is, a very tiny span of time, for a strong and fragile being we are.

This is often the true legacy of $cientology ''gain'': Providing you with true suffering and pain till you get that you only need get back to home!

And that makes us a 3rd category of ex-Scienotlogists... those who are back home.
"True friends I can count on."

That's it.

Or as Hank Stamper would say "That's the whole ball of wax".

I have to disconnect from so-and-so because you have declared him/her an SP?

You are cordially invited to self inflict an obscene anatomical impossibility in a profoundly dark and exceedingly well heated location.

When I first started studying scientology I figured it would be temporary because the first time a friend was Declared I'd be out the door with them.

It didn't happen like that but it would have.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Same caption for both the Cruise/Miscavige saluting photo and the shot of ISIS terrorists extending their index finger. I'm pretty sure it's not to say "WE'RE NUMBER ONE!"----but rather to point skyward and proclaim:

It's okay, really--an advanced being not from this
planet named "Muhammed" told us to do this.

(murder infidels, gays, apostates and women trying to resist rape)

Does anyone remember that thread that had all the Scientologists posing with their fingers pointing up?

What was that thread?

HelluvaHoax!

Does anyone remember that thread that had all the Scientologists posing with their fingers pointing up?
Was that thread celebrating the church's creation of the "I WANT TO GO CLEAR CLUB", soon followed thereafter by the "I WANT TO BE AN IDEAL OT LIKE RON CLUB"?

Hubbard.jpg

Ron demonstrates how to do a Date & Locate OT Assist on oneself,
and thus experience total relief--by pointing out into deep space
where Xenu and psychs did evil things to you 75 million years ago,
so that now you are a powerless, degraded being that never
can take personal responsibility for your own failures.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
As far as ever believing THE TECH works, I would say you are NOT Ex if you think it does. Reading scientologese makes me sick. It is all con job jargon. As far as wanting to increase one's spiritual happiness, there are many ways. For me personally, playing Schubert, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mahler, and others has brought me to the very threshold of heaven before...it is hard to explain what playing string quartets, quintets, piano trios, and indeed full orchestra music is like given the right circumstances. I will tell you I remember every single instance of enlightened music making in my life.

wigee1

Patron with Honors
As far as ever believing THE TECH works, I would say you are NOT Ex if you think it does. Reading scientologese makes me sick. It is all con job jargon. As far as wanting to increase one's spiritual happiness, there are many ways. For me personally, playing Schubert, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mahler, and others has brought me to the very threshold of heaven before...it is hard to explain what playing string quartets, quintets, piano trios, and indeed full orchestra music is like given the right circumstances. I will tell you I remember every single instance of enlightened music making in my life.
Quite agree. had many a moment while playing music ,Hard to explain but you know when it happens, Granitt.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I didn’t really like this post and I don’t really agree with it.

Lumping everyone who left COS into “non-believers” and “still believers” is pretty simplistic and, in my opinion, pretty inaccurate. From what I’ve seen in the twenty plus years I’ve been out, most people have a whole lot of mixed feelings about their experiences with Scientology. And, like most things in life, everyone’s takeaway from their experience is different.

When people express their mixed feelings on ex message boards or sites they often get invalidated, which isn’t helpful. People who say positive things about what they’ve experienced get told they are deluded and haven’t seen the light. Whether or not that’s true, it does deter people from being honest about their feelings.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn’t really like this post and I don’t really agree with it.

Lumping everyone who left COS into “non-believers” and “still believers” is pretty simplistic and, in my opinion, pretty inaccurate. From what I’ve seen in the twenty plus years I’ve been out, most people have a whole lot of mixed feelings about their experiences with Scientology. And, like most things in life, everyone’s takeaway from their experience is different.

When people express their mixed feelings on ex message boards or sites they often get invalidated, which isn’t helpful. People who say positive things about what they’ve experienced get told they are deluded and haven’t seen the light. Whether or not that’s true, it does deter people from being honest about their feelings.
I do agree that the OP has presented a simplistic and quite inaccurate view of ex-scientologists. Becoming unhooked from Scientology is a process starting (usually) with "the tech is good, the current church is bad" through various "well, that tech is OK but..." to some landing place. That landing place varies from one person to the next.

However, I really haven't seen partial believers being "invalidated" much at all here. Maybe I'm missing something. What I have seen (and done myself) is the challenging of any statements that "Scientology works!" I consider it very important to challenge any such statements because that is a major part of the trap.

But challenging, questioning, even invalidating Hubbard's "tech" is not invalidating the person. I certainly never would do that. Now, maybe some people have invested too much of themselves in that belief, like auditors, like independent scientologists, it is STILL not personal invalidation to challenge any "Scientology works!" claims.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
. . .
Two Main Types of Ex-Scientologists

I've stayed clear of ever getting involved in the got gains/didn't get gains
debates during many years of lurking around the message boards.
Probably because the debates end up going on forever without resolution
and I don't have enough of an attention span for a "forever" topic.

In real life I've told people who are exiting Scientology that the most important
thing they can do is not deny, discard, or invalidate any wins or gains they
DID get. Any benefit they achieved is theirs to keep. I mean why deny any
personal betterment or change from whatever the source, be it auditing,
a book, a college course, a YouTube video, or whatever.

Watching the debates, I've noticed that ex-scientologists can also take sides
about talk therapy in general. The issue being: Will any type of talk therapy,
now or in the future, ever produce significant changes in people or are we pretty
much doomed to live the way we are, good or bad?

A few positions people take:

-- Scientology does not work. Did not deliver on its promises. Complete waste of time.​
End of story.​
-- No talk therapy works. Accept how you are and live with it. There will never be a​
solution to the flawed mind or a therapy to make you better. Never ever. Stop even​
thinking about it. The mind is beyond human knowledge or solution.​
-- Talk therapy? Psych opinion leaders want us to use drug treatments nowadays . . .​
100% moved on from talk therapy.​
-- Parts of Scientology seem to work. The workable bits will be recast into other therapies​
someday.​

A few interesting data points:

Post-Scientology, David Mayo believed that parts of Scientology could be recast as a therapy
without all the complexity and harmful stuff of the COS. He took the basic techniques of New
Era Dianetics and reworked them into something named Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR),
which is described in the book introducing Metapsychology (1995) by Frank Gerbode. They
gave a nod to Freud and his earlier work in the similar vein.

So Mayo believed a beneficial talk therapy could be developed. That said, Metapsychology
and TIR did not exactly set the world on fire. I have the book but have to admit I haven't read
it. Just browsed through it a few times.

Jordan B. Peterson, the clinical psychologist, current Internet sensation and best-selling author, gave a talk in 2002 entitled "Slaying the Dragon Within Us." Here's a short excerpt from the talk about one of the world's top clinical psychologists and the "independently discovered" technique she uses and is getting results with:

Well, there's a woman named Edna Foa in New York, I think one of the world's top clinical psychologists and she's been dealing with women who have post traumatic stress disorder for decades [Prolonged Exposure Therapy]. And she's found a treatment that works. And the treatment is this.
She has the women relive the event, in as much detail as possible, over and over in their imagination, with the accompanying emotion. And she's found, because she's done physiological measurement on her clients, that those women who allow themselves to get the most fully upset as a consequence of the reliving, get better faster and stay better longer.
The clinical evidence is absolutely clear. When you take someone to therapy, you're basically doing two things to them, well, three. You allow them to confess what's wrong with them. Because it's really useful to actually say what it is that's bothering you. It makes it clear and distinct. You help the person get their story straight. Because you have to have your story straight, right? You have to know where you're coming from and you have to know where you're going, because otherwise there's no structure for your life.
And the third thing is, if your path from point a to point b, is being blocked by something that you're afraid of, you better learn to confront it. Because if you don't, it will grow and expand until it turns into the kind of dragon that occupies your whole house. This is another representation of a story.

After writing this post, I'm guessing I feel anything worthwhile in the Hubbard tech (yes, much borrowed or stolen) will be independently discovered and promulgated by others in time. But maybe it will take a long, long time. I think it will follow along the line of reduction of incidents therapy (Freud, Hubbard, Foa, et al.).

The main claims or promises, if any are made, would be a lessoning of the condition you came in with and would like to resolve. No hyperbolic, fantastical states or superhuman powers. Just a "best efforts" approach. This would have been a better approach for Hubbard, but that was not to be.

I'm pretty much a 24/7 positive and joyful person and don't have a "wants handled" list or any need for therapy. My concern is about the person who has depression or lingering ruinous thoughts about themselves. Do they have any hope of eradicating those ideas or flaws? Are we merely cosmically endowed at birth and no hope of a ladder to a better, more happier self?

Seems like the current day trend of "talk therapy" and personal betterment is the province of social justice warriors, liberal academics, and fake news cable media. Simply pound people with the "correct ideas" until they think and behave correctly. Feel better about themselves and life (virtue signaling). No need for inner inspection or deep thought beyond that anymore. We'll train you, or brainwash you, with what you'll need for life.

As I said, I'm not concerned for me, but more for the kids and generations to come.
:shrug:
Might be best to stay in the, "This life time realm", while developing the workability of the talk therapies.

Leland

Crusader
Yea, too black and white a structure.

As far as the “tech”.... there is a big difference between “ move that paper clip” and electronic ribbons in the air catching thetans blown up in a nuclear/volcanic explosion.....

Unfortunately one does not know that the first leads to the second.....

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
My take is that there are 2 main types of Ex-Scientologists:

Type One ....doesn't continually get into what the Cult was all about and what happened on a daily basis. This "Type One" is an EX- Cult member. They are out, and glad to be out.

Type Two....are guys like Mike Rinder, they are windbags and blowhards that just can't shut up about what they think the Cult was all about...and what they think others should think about what the cult was all about....
They tend to pontificate on the subject on a daily basis...
My take is there are two main types of ex-scientologist:

1. Those who will never go back.

2. Those who would only go back to start lobbing live hand grenades.