What's new

Scientology and the Aftermath Coming Back for Season Three!!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From Deadline.com:

A&E Renews Leah Remini’s Scientology Series & Orders 4 New Shows As Network Hits Milestone In Ratings Comeback
http://deadline.com/2018/03/leah-remini-scientology-series-renewed-ae-new-shows-slate-1202337569/

Excerpt:

As for what the new season would be about, “I would say it’s certainly staying within Scientology, and I think there’s hope that there can be a little bit more action that can be taken, that it’s a little bit more active. That’s probably all I should say at this point,” Frontain Bryant said.

[Note: Elaine Frontain Bryant, is A&E’s EVP and head of programming]

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Deadline.com:

A&E Renews Leah Remini’s Scientology Series & Orders 4 New Shows As Network Hits Milestone In Ratings Comeback
http://deadline.com/2018/03/leah-remini-scientology-series-renewed-ae-new-shows-slate-1202337569/

Excerpt:

As for what the new season would be about, “I would say it’s certainly staying within Scientology, and I think there’s hope that there can be a little bit more action that can be taken, that it’s a little bit more active. That’s probably all I should say at this point,” Frontain Bryant said.

[Note: Elaine Frontain Bryant, is A&E’s EVP and head of programming]
When I first heard this wonderful news, I remembered something that Leah had said, almost in passing, way back in 2013...before "Troublemaker" was published...before she had won her Emmy for Scientology and the Aftermath. Her long running, successful series with Kevin James, The King of Queens was in reruns, Leah had left Scientology, and as a way, perhaps, of regaining her equilibrium, she'd decided to appear on Dancing With the Stars. In one scene, She and Tony Dovolani, her dance partner, had concluded a very rigorous rehearsal and, perspiring, with a towel draped around her neck, Leah very casually and by way of explaining her motivation remarked, "They're hoping I'll fail" followed immediately with the clarifying noun, "The Church is hoping I'll fail." In that moment Scientology didn't own Leah Remini's "eternity" any more
It was, for ex-Scientologists like me, a moment of stunning clarity and revelation. In that brief sentence Leah told us why she was doing it, and if she could break free so could many others, and even more to the point, she was telling Miscavige and OSA she wasn't going to shut up. This thing, as she calls it, wasn't going to shudder her into silence. And it hasn't, and it won't.

Oh, and the reason I recollect this is because I, or rather my courageous alter-ego, Churchill, began posting on ESMB around July -Aug of 2013 after Leah had publicly exited. I took courage from her public act of leaving Scientology. I even remember there was a thread along the lines of "What should Leah Remini do now that she's left Scientology?"
My contribution to that thread? I think it's held up pretty well.
"Observe, plan, and act. She is, after all, an actress."
The only thing I'd add today is Scientology: FOAD!
And now that we have the official announcement that Season 3 of Leah Remini:Scientology and the Aftermath will shortly be upon us,
permit me, please, the honor of proclaiming, without objection and on behalf of all at ESMB that [bcolor=#ffff99]LEAH REMINI IS A WOMAN FOR ALL SEASONS![/bcolor]

PS> Go Bensonhurst!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
When I first heard this wonderful news, I remembered something that Leah had said, almost in passing, way back in 2013...before "Troublemaker" was published...before she had won her Emmy for Scientology and the Aftermath. Her long running, successful series with Kevin James, The King of Queens was in reruns, Leah had left Scientology, and as a way, perhaps, of regaining her equilibrium, she'd decided to appear on Dancing With the Stars. In one scene, She and Tony Dovolani, her dance partner, had concluded a very rigorous rehearsal and, perspiring, with a towel draped around her neck, Leah very casually and by way of explaining her motivation remarked, "They're hoping I'll fail" followed immediately with the clarifying noun, "The Church is hoping I'll fail." In that moment Scientology didn't own Leah Remini's "eternity" any more
It was, for ex-Scientologists, a moment of stunning clarity and revelation. In that short sentence Leah told us why she was doing it, and if she could break free so could many others, and even more to the point, she was telling Miscavige and OSA she wasn't going to shut up. This thing, as she calls it, wasn't going to shudder her into silence. And it hasn't, and it won't.

Oh, and the reason I recollect this is because I, or rather my courageous alter-ego, Churchill, began posting on ESMB around July -Aug of 2013 after Leah had publicly exited. I took courage from her public act of leaving Scientology. I even remember there was a thread along the lines of "What should Leah Remini do now that she's left Scientology?"
My contribution to that thread? I think it's held up pretty well.
"Observe, plan, and act. She is, after all, an actress."
The only thing I'd add today is Scientology: FOAD!
And now that we have the official announcement that Season 3 of Leah Remini:Scientology and the Aftermath will shortly be upon us,
permit me, please, the honor of proclaiming, without objection and on behalf of all at ESMB that [bcolor=#ffff99]LEAH REMINI IS A WOMAN FOR ALL SEASONS![/bcolor]

PS> Go Bensonhurst!
For anyone who missed that scene on Dancing with the Stars:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Leah Remini's show won't last and HBO will probably lose a lawsuit filed by The Church of American Science (already in the works) and be forced to publicly apologize for the obscenely rotten lies in Gibney's Mocumentary

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Leah Remini's show won't last and HBO will probably lose a lawsuit filed by The Church of American Science (already in the works) and be forced to publicly apologize for the obscenely rotten lies in Gibney's Mocumentary

If there was just one OT on the planet, just one, Leah's show would have never been broadcast from Day 1.

If you really believe what you wrote you must be smoking some extra strong stuff these days. :duh:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
If there was just one OT on the planet, just one, Leah's show would have never been broadcast from Day 1.

If you really believe what you wrote you must be smoking some extra strong stuff these days. :duh:
Oh Don't Be Silly!

Pitsy please, ALL of us "OT's" in COAS defend The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, the hole kitten kaboobski with our lives (mostly we prefer to have the womenfolk stay home and tend the hearthfires and the children but those fine American Ladies who wear red nail polish so fresh blood won't show are welcome on the battlements, on the joysticks and on the front lines. HBO is ABSOLUTELY welcome to put anything and everything it chooses on the air and make a profit from it's revenues from it's subscribers and advertisers on the Ethos of "Whatever the traffic will bear"

And we are welcome to laugh at it, ignore it, question it, comment upon it, criticize it, denounce it, condemn it as we will within the limits of the law.

And if we go by the numbers seeking redress for wrong done by HBO, David "Gibbering" Gibney and/or the Law Firm which is culpable de jure of Legal Malpractice for assuring HBO executives they had no fear of losing any lawsuit against them for airing it and do not gain satisfaction with 2WC we will damn well prove the case against HBO's mouthpieces by kicking their butt hard TWICE, first court AND appeal court.

And Pitsy my friend, you can bet a sweet mountain turtle you have tomorrow's news in hand today

Terril park

Sponsor
How many people are working for OSA these days?

They certainly haven't destroyed Leah utterly. :D
Last I heard OSA central had 20 people left. That was years ago. I'm Not really up to date on this. Hopefully someone can say more

We do know nether OSA or CO$ is not fielding any spokespersons currently. They are dying.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
How many people are working for OSA these days?

They certainly haven't destroyed Leah utterly. :D
COAS has no OSA FoTi.

Co$$$ SUXXX!!! And they are dead in the water; Captain Deutsch Mark has screwed the pooch "utterly" and screwed the cow udderly and screwed Shelly infamously and screwed screwing like some screwy screwball tossed by Carl Hubbel against Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Jimmy Foxx, Mickey Cochrane and Al Simmons in the 1935 All Star game in...

Jayziss, I am losing it if I can't even remember where the 1935 all star game was played. Might have been St Louis.

Let's see...

All right, everybody knows it was "The World's Greatest Newspaper" which campaigned for an All Star Game for MLB so the first one was in Chicago. There were and are two teams in Chicago but it HAD to be at Wrigley because Commiskey suffered the stench of the adjacent stockyards. I forget when Yankee Stadium first hosted The Midsummer Classic but I don't think it was in Gotham (Fuck You Harry Frazee!). The Polo Grounds are NL so San Francisco''s Thrice Crowned Homies are eliminated as are Ebbetts and Forbes. When I was on staff at FCDC we lived on Florida a few blocks from the spot where Mickey Mantle once smacked a Camillo Pascual offering 561 feet surpassed only by the 589 foot dinger The Sultan of Swat launched over all three right field walls down in St Petersburg (the one never known as Petrograd) but that was an exhibition game. Detroit's Tiger Stadium (then Briggs for the family that owned it) is out because the summer before Pearl Harbor Teddy Ballgame (then known as "The Splendid Splinter") came up in the bottom of the ninth with two out, runners on the corners and The Junior Circuit trailing and WHACKed the old horsehide over the right field roof for a walkoff tater. George Scott always called home runs "taters". I ran into Scotty in the old Shawmut Bank which used to be in Kenmore directly across Brookline Ave from the hotel where Williams always slept night before games in Updike's legendary "lyric bandbox" one afternoon pushing hack for Town Taxi...

But I digress.

So '35 wasn't Boston.

I don't think

Last edited:

FoTi

Crusader
So, Clay....I guess that makes Captain Deutsch Mark the Big Screwball :screwy: instead of the big cheese? :scratch:

Oh, geez.......I'm going :tobed:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Interesting Blind Item today...

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2018/MARCH.html

332. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/19 **#11**
This B+ list mostly television actress/former pro beard had an interesting gig. Her job last week at an event was to try and get this A- list mostly television actress/reality star to talk about that group she used to belong to. The conversation was supposed to be recorded and then the group was going to edit it in such a way to make the actress look bad. Apparently the B+ lister bailed on doing it though. It creeped her out. Olivia Munn/Leah Remini (2018 A+E Upfront) (Scientology)

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Leah Remini Sets Development Pact With New A+E Networks

Leah Remini Sets Development Pact With New A+E Networks, ‘Scientology’ Renewed for Season 3
By Cynthia Littleton
@Variety_Cynthia
cynthia_newpic.jpg
Cynthia Littleton
Managing Editor: Television @Variety_Cynthia FOLLOW
Cynthia's Most Recent Stories
Leah Remini Sets Development Pact With New A+E Networks, ‘Scientology’ Renewed for Season 3
A+E Networks’ Rob Sharenow Feted by UJA-Federation of New York
CBS-Viacom Watch: Viacom Awaits New Offer, Moonves Severance Package Calculated
Facebook
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/lea...-aftermath-ae-networks-production-1202752404/
also:
Deadline Hollywood
Leah Remini Inks First-Look Development Deal With A+E Networks
by Denise Petski April 13, 2018 9:03am
http://deadline.com/2018/04/leah-re...ment-deal-ae-networks-scientology-1202363407/

triumph

Daily Mail
Leah Remini ramps up work with A+E as her Scientology And The Aftermath is picked up for Season 3
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Aftermath-picked-Season-3.html#ixzz5Cfia22LR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-E-Scientology-Aftermath-picked-Season-3.html

Real Screen
A+E Networks inks first-look development deal with Leah Remini
By Selina Chignall
April 13, 2018
http://realscreen.com/2018/04/13/ae-networks-inks-first-look-development-deal-with-leah-remini/

Broadway World
A+E Networks and Leah Remini Ink Multifaceted Production and First-Look Development Deal to Expand Creative Partnership
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...-Deal-to-Expand-Creative-Partnership-20180413

the Wrap
A+E Networks launches in-house nonfiction production unit A+E Originals
Reid Nakamura | April 13, 2018 @ 9:00 AM Last Updated: April 13, 2018 @ 10:33 AM
https://www.thewrap.com/leah-remini-signs-overall-deal-ae-networks/

Just Jared
http://www.justjared.com/2018/04/13...h-for-season-3-inks-development-deal-with-ae/

Hollywood Reporter
Leah Remini Inks First-Look Deal With A+E Networks
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leah-remini-inks-first-look-deal-a-e-networks-1102349

triumph

Gold Derby

FYC mega-mailer to voters highlighting ‘Leah Remini,’ ‘Flint,’ ‘Knightfall’ and more

Marcus James Dixon June 7, 2018 8:00AM
mkN16Rd.jpg

Media company A+E Networks has delivered its 2018 Emmy FYC mega-mailer to the TV academy membership highlighting many of its original programs across a trio of networks: A&E, Lifetime and History. Among the 25 total shows included on DVDs are A&E’s reigning Emmy champ “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” Lifetime’s WGA-winning TV movie “Flint” and History’s drama series “Knightfall.” A link is also provided for Emmy voters to view more submissions at its online screening room. Get the full details below, including which specific episodes have been included on DVD

A&E DISC ONE
Structured reality program “Live PD” — episode “Live PD-87”
Informational series “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” — episode “The ‘Perfect’ Scientology Family”

more @link

http://www.goldderby.com/article/20...2018-emmys-leah-remini-flint-knightfall-news/