What's new

Fair Gamed by Scientologists in the Boston area

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
just chiming in, I wouldnt discredit anyones story of being fairgamed. Normal people will not be able to make sense of why OSA would do it , or what the connection is.Ive seen people on youtube go to cult protests and scientology already has had access to their visits to therapist/psychologists using it against them and knows the persons name despite it being their first protest.

They are an information gathering fishing expedition agency.
OSA is all about crazy making, you complain about the harrasment and the way it is done, psychological warfare, and you are made out to be crazy(which will also be used against you)
hasnt anyone on this list read paulette coopers story? how sneaky it was? everyone she was connected to was getting the fallout of the fair game. she would have never known unless the FBI had raided the cult and found info. No one is raiding the cult these days, they have that game figured out and Im sure have smartened up hiding and securing things.
Im guessing many dont mention the fairgaming they are getting simply because of that, you will seem nutz for mentioning anything about it ( although some are obvious on here , like the one claiming psychics, but some are not so clear)

ive had half the former members I know say they are being fair gamed , and the other half not. Its never made sense to me why some are, why some are not. I know one thing though, if you give any power to it, then your done. Keep your head straight, know you are being messed with , treat it as a passing thing and document the crap out of it. But dont let it get to you, thats the purpose.

Document document document , Details that you cant make sense of now, usually end up making sense later, Ive found.

in this day and age, with everyone carrying a camera in their hand(phone) and you dont need to be rich to have a security camera, I think their days are numbered and any fair game will be caught and will be certain death for the cult.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
in this day and age, with everyone carrying a camera in their hand(phone) and you dont need to be rich to have a security camera, I think their days are numbered and any fair game will be caught and will be certain death for the cult.
I would especially recommend having a set of security cameras. They are getting relatively cheap these days (a few hundred dollars for a system with several cameras which record whenever they sense movement).

Rusty

Patron
Thank you exseaorgclocmoflagatetc and Enthetan,

Just a quick update...

I was able to verify my father's involvement with Scientology, but have not yet been able to verify my step-mother's involvement. While it appears that she is involved, she denies any involvement and I have no proof.

For the sake of confidentiality of my father's clients, I am not going to give any further information about him publicly on this site. I will say that the involvement extends to relatives on his side of the family. The fact that no one has openly spoken about Scientology feels conspiratorial.

Currently, I am seeing more activity that appears to be fair gaming of my property that is on the market. This time, there are many pairs of eyes watching the transaction, including some realtors and various officials, and I am in no hurry to move so I'm just going to let this thing play out and see where it goes. My past two houses had fair gaming activity as well, and that was well documented, so at least I've established a pattern and documented it.

I think Enthetan is right about adding more security cameras.

The whole thing isn't making me crazy, mostly I just feel sad when I think about it. Lately I'm sad that my father and I were never able to work things out and develop an authentic relationship, in part because of the secrets he kept. And I think the people around him that helped him keep secrets from his kids did him a disservice.

But at least now some of the puzzle pieces start to make sense. And I can work on protecting my family.

Swundel

Patron
Since I made a little remark on Catherine's post, I thought I'd add my two cents here as well:

Rusty is clearly a very different sort of writer. Note how Rusty does not write in a purely "stream of thought" structure, and overall the text is more analytical than descriptive. There is more thought and fewer ideas in each paragraph than with Catherine: this makes it come across as much less improvised.

Yet, as a fairly long-term Scientology watcher, I'd be utterly astonished if this was an official Church operation. LRH's intelligence tech is dodgy, but it's at least a little bit more results-oriented than this.

Harassment is always kind of frightening, especially when it is this persistent. Hidden Scientology involvement seems very strange to me - usually C of S would like its members to recruit the hell out of every thetan they had any connection with, haha. (And, of course, to cut them out if that proves unfruitful: that's how you maintain a controlled environment.)

Understanding the motive behind harassment may be the most intriguing piece of the puzzle here. I've indirect experience of it happening due to having moved into a house that had been empty for some decades - during that time a bunch of local teenagers had taken to secretly occupy it, and they weren't happy: blown up mailboxes, broken fences, an attempted murder of a pet, that sort of thing.
Once the motive became clear, what at first seemed inexplicable became much more tolerable. Things would wind down once they grew up, and indeed so it went.

Torture is much more bearable if there's an end in sight.

Keep documenting things, keep calm, and carry on. Until there's an understanding of the desired end state your foes have, it is hard to do much else. Once that is clarified, one can then either give in or make that end state so difficult to reach that they give up instead: whichever is the least trouble.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Rusty,

Sometimes the vandalism is done by teenagers who live in the area.
(One time I caught 2 teenagers doing it.)

Also, I suspect that residential vandalism occurs more often in lower class neighborhoods than upper middle class neighborhoods.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Some Ex-Scios are inclined to blame the Co$, if they stub their toe. Pretending to be a victim of Co$ is a also a tactic used by some to garner sympathy and possibly infiltrate one's circle of contacts for intelligence purposes. Beware.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
ex-Sea Org Member and Declared SP
email: [email protected]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

Gib

Crusader
Some Ex-Scios are inclined to blame the Co$, if they stub their toe. Pretending to be a victim of Co$ is a also a tactic used by some to garner sympathy and possibly infiltrate one's circle of contacts for intelligence purposes. Beware.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
ex-Sea Org Member and Declared SP
email: [email protected]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
I blame myself for lack of critical thinking skills as well as not knowing rhetoric skills. I blame LRH for not teaching us these skills but using them, hidden from us, to create a scientologist, whether indie or not.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
sneakster I know you are still an indpendent, we talked on chat. The scientologist thinking is still engrained in you. this board is public, anyone can see it. of course there is osa monitoring, thats a given. so no one on here can "infiltrate a circle" , its all public .

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
sneakster I know you are still an indpendent, we talked on chat. The scientologist thinking is still engrained in you. this board is public, anyone can see it. of course there is osa monitoring, thats a given. so no one on here can "infiltrate a circle" , its all public .
OSA has a long history of infiltrating groups of perceived enemies, embedding agents who pretend to be part of the group.

Whether a group is public or private is irrelevant.

Anyone who understands OSA and their history (including their previous operations on the internet) would be aware of the above. It has nothing to do with "Scientologist thinking".

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
the entire world could possibly be reading these posts( if thats what you mean by group) at this moment, not exactly a spy operation for anyone here , if thats what your saying.

Last edited:

Rusty

Patron
Just to let you know what is going on now... we had two offers on our house, both from people with very strong connections to Scientology. Since it is immoral and illegal to discriminate against Scientologists (or any religion) we asked our realtor for her opinion and took the one she felt was less risky. She knows Scientology and is aware of the situation. We all believe that fair gaming in this situation is likely.

Tomorrow is the property inspection. The last time we were fair gamed the inspector was in on the game and exaggerated minor issues with the house and also caused some minor damage to the property during the inspection. The buyers backed out, then subsequent potential buyers were contacted and told of the "major problems with the house" that didn't exist or were not a big deal.

This time everyone is aware of the situation. The buyer's realtor is risking their reputation, and people high up at our realtor's much bigger company are already gossiping about this. So, if this is a fair game offer, it substantiates the asking price of the house and confirms to future prospective buyers that the house is desirable and worth our asking price. And it puts us on a faster track to close when we get a "real" offer since some of the inspection tests are done. When the house is relisted in will be more visible in the listings because it was off the market for a few weeks and is now a "fresh" listing. So, we've positioned ourselves such that if they get a "win", so do we.

In the meantime, if this is a fair game offer, it appears that it is an official fair gaming since both families that made offers have direct connections to Clearwater and relatives who are known as "official" Scientologists. These aren't independents or ex-scientologists as far as I can tell. This does appear to be official. And bizarre. And now we have more information.

But maybe they just want to buy the house. You never know. And if they do manage to close on the house, I'm not sure what that means to the data I've been collecting.

Does anyone know if it is legal to post the names of people you suspect of fair gaming on an online forum?

Also, does anyone know of an attorney in New England who would be willing to discuss with me what information is legal to make public and how to reduce my liability if I feel I need to make this story public?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
the entire world could possibly be reading these posts( if thats what you mean by group) at this moment, not exactly a spy operation for anyone here , if thats what your saying.
What I am referring to as 'group' is the group of people who post here on ESMB.

OSA has a history of infiltrating online communities such as this, going back to ARS (alt.religion.scientology, a Usenet newsgroup, started in 1991).

Somewhere in this thread "OSA monitoring of ESMB" I believe is posted a description of what their objectives would be on a forum such as this:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/osa-monitoring-of-esmb.40932/

Going back just several years, Karen #1 was aware of reports that OSA INT beefed up their "internet unit" to 20-25 staff.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/osa-monitoring-of-esmb.40932/#post-1077025

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes. Seeing how the Squirrel Buster optics were such a disaster, catching one of their PIs doing something like planting a GPS transponder on someone's car would be a huge blow. They can't keep cases from going to trial forever and when it does the awards will be front page. Tick tock.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to let you know what is going on now... we had two offers on our house, both from people with very strong connections to Scientology. Since it is immoral and illegal to discriminate against Scientologists (or any religion) we asked our realtor for her opinion and took the one she felt was less risky. She knows Scientology and is aware of the situation. We all believe that fair gaming in this situation is likely.

Tomorrow is the property inspection. The last time we were fair gamed the inspector was in on the game and exaggerated minor issues with the house and also caused some minor damage to the property during the inspection. The buyers backed out, then subsequent potential buyers were contacted and told of the "major problems with the house" that didn't exist or were not a big deal.

This time everyone is aware of the situation. The buyer's realtor is risking their reputation, and people high up at our realtor's much bigger company are already gossiping about this. So, if this is a fair game offer, it substantiates the asking price of the house and confirms to future prospective buyers that the house is desirable and worth our asking price. And it puts us on a faster track to close when we get a "real" offer since some of the inspection tests are done. When the house is relisted in will be more visible in the listings because it was off the market for a few weeks and is now a "fresh" listing. So, we've positioned ourselves such that if they get a "win", so do we.

In the meantime, if this is a fair game offer, it appears that it is an official fair gaming since both families that made offers have direct connections to Clearwater and relatives who are known as "official" Scientologists. These aren't independents or ex-scientologists as far as I can tell. This does appear to be official. And bizarre. And now we have more information.

But maybe they just want to buy the house. You never know. And if they do manage to close on the house, I'm not sure what that means to the data I've been collecting.

Does anyone know if it is legal to post the names of people you suspect of fair gaming on an online forum?

Also, does anyone know of an attorney in New England who would be willing to discuss with me what information is legal to make public and how to reduce my liability if I feel I need to make this story public?
Well, I think the obvious answer to your posting question is - get a lawyer. If you have to ask then probably not a good idea.

Regardless of whether you are being fair gamed or not there is no good reason to not provide a thorough, detailed and well documented disclosure. The buyers are going to find everything anyway so it is better that they are happy buying it well informed and willing to take on any issues. Then make sure the contract is written up as an "As Is Condition" sale. Don't go into contract if the deposit is too low or the contingencies are unreasonable. You don't need Scientologists to have a transaction go very badly and all this stuff is common sense in Real Estate.

Good luck!

Rusty

Patron
Thank you OriginalBigBlue,
And you are right, there is nothing very notable about real estate transactions that fall through. The only thing that is unusual is that this is my third house sale where the offers end up being from members of Scientology. So, once again I am surrounded by Scientology even though I have no history with Scientology.

I did try to contact the Church of Scientology to determine if this stalking was coming from them, but it appeared my emails got intercepted by a hacker. If you are interested I could remove my identifying information and post the exchange. It wasn't going anywhere anyway. All I learned is that each church is incorporated independently, so there is no such thing as "The Church of Scientology", there are only particular churches of Scientology. The subtext is that you can't sue "The Church", you have to sue "The church of Boston" and then you have to sue "The church of Seattle" and so on and so on. This makes it more difficult to prosecute Scientologists as a group, which isn't really where I was going with the discussion anyway.

They also told me that they have "ex-communicated" members in the past, but only if there was criminal activity. I've never done anything criminal and I've never been a member of the church, so this didn't fit my situation.

I've also found that it is difficult to find out if someone is a member of the church because each church keeps its own list, and some people use aliases. One of my relatives seems to be affiliated with the church in a location I would have never have guessed. So getting information isn't very straightforward.

I did see an attorney after losing a bit of money during a fair gaming event back in 2010. I had proof of the fair gaming and the loss of property, etc. He told me that unless the value of what you lost exceeds the cost you will spend hiring the attorney by quite a bit, judges tend to see suing as using the court system just to "prove you are right" and that judges hate that. So lawyers don't like taking on the smaller cases because it is not worth it to risk falling out of favor with judges. You really need to have significant damages to get it to court. Otherwise it is best to keep it in small claims.

Whether a group of people or an individual caused the loss seems to be less important in a civil case.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm just pointing out that those sites may or may not be useful to find names of scientologists.

Yeah, this is true!

In that 'I am a Scientologist' Facebook group there's less than 18,000 Scientologists in the group out of 12,000,000+ on the planet.

Over 99.99% of the Scientologists failed to sign up for that group, so not very useful. :faceslap: