What's new

East Hollywood Neighborhood Council swears in Scientology member Barbara Carmichael

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
East Hollywood Neighborhood Council swears in Scientology member Barbara Carmichael.

As is increasingly the case, photojournalist Fred G. Haseney has the story. Please go to Mr. Haseney's post for the full story.

Jenny at LAX: East Hollywood Neighborhood Council Swears in Scientologist

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...neighborhood-council-swears-in-scientologist/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. On Monday, May 16, 2016, I attended the monthly meeting of the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council (“EHNC”), near the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. As you may already know, I left scientology in August 2014, after 37-years, and have been speaking out against scientology, through this blog, for over a year.

The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council, one of 89 such councils, is a way for neighborhoods to find a voice in Los Angeles and not get lost in the shuffle. EHNC’s purpose is to encourage, promote, facilitate, foster and develop the quality of life, cooperation and participation of its 51,000 residents.

Scientology’s PAC Base—the former Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, sometimes referred to as “Big Blue” because that’s the color that the facility has been since 1978—and the Sea Org that operates that facility, is among the residents of East Hollywood. At a special meeting of the EHNC, held at the Armenian Youth Center, 1559 N. Kenmore Ave., in Los Angeles (a short walk from PAC Base), I attended a swearing in ceremony of new Governing Board Members. One of the new Board Members is a scientologist (there might be another new member who is a scientologist, but this has not yet been confirmed). PAC Base is where many of scientology’s Sea Org” members live. The Sea Org is a religious order and paramilitary in style. Each Sea Org member signs a “Billion Year Contract,” and devotes themselves entirely to serving L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of scientology and dianetics) and David Miscavige (the current leader of scientology). Sea Org members consider themselves among the “elite” and are the only “authorities” on virtually every subject. Anyone who isn’t a scientologist is quite often looked down upon by a Sea Org member. If you stand up to them and question what they’re doing, they will “Fair Game” you, meaning they will stop at nothing to shut you up and shut you down forever. If you’re not with scientology, you are their enemy.

[BIG SNIP]

3%20DSC02402%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsa2qmunpc.jpg

Photo Caption: Imagine my shock and surprise when I discovered scientologist and Sea Org member Janet Weiland at last night’s meeting. Ms. Weiland works for the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles, at 1308 L. Ron Hubbard Way. I believe Ms. Weiland works for the Office of Special Affairs, an arm of the church that will stop at nothing to discredit those who speak out against scientology. In fact, Ms. Weiland went to the manager of the residence that I live in, in an attempt to get him to “handle” me. It’s my opinion that Ms. Weiland’s intention by coming to where I live was to get me evicted. In fact, if I had a job, Ms. Weiland would have, by now, visited my employer in an attempt to get me fired. All of this is scientology’s “Fair Game” tactics. For this photo, I’m sitting two tables away from Ms. Weiland, who is studying a document. Notice that she’s seated in such a way so as to face in my direction. You can read more about Ms. Weiland in an earlier blog (“The church of scientology’s Campaign to Silence Me“).

[BIG SNIP]

8A%20DSC02437%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsgmntoaqw.jpg

Photo Caption: This is scientologist Barbara Carmichael signing her “Neighborhood Council Board Member Oath.”

8B%20DSC02437%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsrcuravhq.jpeg

Photo Caption: This is the “Neighborhood Council Board Member Oath” that Barbara signed.

[BIG SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD: Barbara Carmichael - Scientology Service Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/b/barbara-carmichael.html

Barbara Carmichael in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 6 individual completions for Barbara Carmichael appear in official Scientology publications:
Barbara CarmichaelPTS/SP CourseTheta 3702003-08-01
Barbara CarmichaelFALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWNAuditor 3352007-09-01
Barbara CarmichaelOT PREPARATIONSAuditor 3352007-09-01
Barbara CarmichaelSOLO AUDITOR COURSE PART ONEAdvance 2042010-03-01
Barbara CarmichaelOT ELIGIBILITYAdvance 2042010-03-01
Barbara CarmichaelOT ELIGIBILITYAdvance 2192013-06-01
Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.
Barbara Carmichael in Scientology's Publications

The following 1 mentions of Barbara Carmichael appear in official Scientology publications:
Barbara CarmichaelFounding PatronsImpact 1092004-09-01
Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.

Barbara Carmichael and the Clear List

No entries were found in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database for this person.
Barbara Carmichael and Scientologist Online Sites

My database does not list a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site for this person.
Barbara Carmichael and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.

Barbara Carmichael appears in a recent WISE directory:
2004 WISE Directory: Category: Public Relations

Barbara Carmichael
Carmichael and Company
356 W. 45th St., #4A
New York, NY 10036
United States
Tel. +1 917-417-0615

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Re: East Hollywood Neighborhood Council swears in Scientology member Barbara Carmicha

Scientology member Barbara Carmichal won as the incumbent Arts and Culture Representative. See:

http://www.losfelizledger.com/article/preliminary-neighborhood-council-election-results-are-in/

These are the other winners. Anyone recognize any names?

In East Hollywood, final election results are as follows, with 457 ballots cast:

Neighborhood District 1 (Thai Town North): incumbent Jon Johannsson, unopposed, won with 255 votes.

Neighborhood District 2 (Thai Town South): no candidates ran for the currently vacant seat.

Neighborhood District 3 (Hollyset Junction): incumbent John O’Donnell, unopposed, won with 159 votes.

Neighborhood District 4 (Little Armenia): incumbent Tereza Yerimyan won with 320 votes.

Neighborhood District 5 (College Vista): incumbent Eric Soldevilla won with 173 votes.

Neighborhood District 6 (Virgil Village): incumbent Arasele Torrez Jimenez won with 167 votes.

Indigent Services Representative: incumbent Robert Peppermuller, unopposed, won with 218 votes.

Public Safety Representative: incumbent Shahan Suzmeyan, unopposed, won with 300 votes.

Arts and Culture Representative: incumbent Barbara Carmichael won with 159 votes.

Tenant Representative: incumbent Ishraq Ali won with a total of 243 votes.

Property Owner Representative: incumbent Seta Panosian, unopposed, won with 313 votes.

Business Representative: incumbent Jeff Zarrinnam, unopposed, won with 299 votes.

Community Services Representative: incumbent Jennifer Lee won with 173 votes.

At-Large Representative: incumbents Michael Atkins and Matthew Sanderson were elected to the two available seats, with 225 and 221 votes respectively.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Re: East Hollywood Neighborhood Council swears in Scientology member Barbara Carmicha

. . .
Everyone who lives in East Hollywood, it's imperative that you check in your basement,
garage or crawl space tonight before you go to bed for any pods. Don't ask why, just check.

They look something like this:

Y720_.jpg
:wink2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

. . .
Everyone who lives in East Hollywood, it's imperative that you check in your basement,
garage or crawl space tonight before you go to bed for any pods. Don't ask why, just check.

They look something like this:

View attachment 12606
:wink2:

LOLOLOL

invasion1956.jpg

And local East Hollywood residents are in for a hella surprise
if they pin up one of those pods and try to use it as a piñata.

CommunicatorIC

The following 6 individual completions for Barbara Carmichael appear in official Scientology publications:

The following 1 mentions of Barbara Carmichael appear in official Scientology publications:

No entries were found in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database for this person.

My database does not list a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site for this person.

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.

Barbara Carmichael
Carmichael and Company
356 W. 45th St., #4A
New York, NY 10036
United States
Tel. +1 917-417-0615

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Yep. Another one stuck at the toll gate.

Or, she is stuck on doing an amends project to " earn her eligibility " which is reserved only for those without the big bucks " contributions " to the IAS as their buy in for " eligibility ".

Barbara Carmichael
Carmichael and Company
356 W. 45th St., #4A
New York, NY 10036
United States
Tel. +1 917-417-0615

JustSheila

Crusader

Is Janet Weiland hiding her boobs under the table now for exscn photos because you guyz gave her such a hard time after her photos on the last thread here? :coolwink: :laugh:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
East Hollywood Neighborhood Council swears in Scientology member Barbara Carmichael.

As is increasingly the case, photojournalist Fred G. Haseney has the story. Please go to Mr. Haseney's post for the full story.

Jenny at LAX: East Hollywood Neighborhood Council Swears in Scientologist

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...neighborhood-council-swears-in-scientologist/

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. On Monday, May 16, 2016, I attended the monthly meeting of the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council (“EHNC”), near the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. As you may already know, I left scientology in August 2014, after 37-years, and have been speaking out against scientology, through this blog, for over a year.

The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council, one of 89 such councils, is a way for neighborhoods to find a voice in Los Angeles and not get lost in the shuffle. EHNC’s purpose is to encourage, promote, facilitate, foster and develop the quality of life, cooperation and participation of its 51,000 residents.

Scientology’s PAC Base—the former Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, sometimes referred to as “Big Blue” because that’s the color that the facility has been since 1978—and the Sea Org that operates that facility, is among the residents of East Hollywood. At a special meeting of the EHNC, held at the Armenian Youth Center, 1559 N. Kenmore Ave., in Los Angeles (a short walk from PAC Base), I attended a swearing in ceremony of new Governing Board Members. One of the new Board Members is a scientologist (there might be another new member who is a scientologist, but this has not yet been confirmed). PAC Base is where many of scientology’s Sea Org” members live. The Sea Org is a religious order and paramilitary in style. Each Sea Org member signs a “Billion Year Contract,” and devotes themselves entirely to serving L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of scientology and dianetics) and David Miscavige (the current leader of scientology). Sea Org members consider themselves among the “elite” and are the only “authorities” on virtually every subject. Anyone who isn’t a scientologist is quite often looked down upon by a Sea Org member. If you stand up to them and question what they’re doing, they will “Fair Game” you, meaning they will stop at nothing to shut you up and shut you down forever. If you’re not with scientology, you are their enemy.

[BIG SNIP]

3%20DSC02402%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsa2qmunpc.jpg

Photo Caption: Imagine my shock and surprise when I discovered scientologist and Sea Org member Janet Weiland at last night’s meeting. Ms. Weiland works for the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles, at 1308 L. Ron Hubbard Way. I believe Ms. Weiland works for the Office of Special Affairs, an arm of the church that will stop at nothing to discredit those who speak out against scientology. In fact, Ms. Weiland went to the manager of the residence that I live in, in an attempt to get him to “handle” me. It’s my opinion that Ms. Weiland’s intention by coming to where I live was to get me evicted. In fact, if I had a job, Ms. Weiland would have, by now, visited my employer in an attempt to get me fired. All of this is scientology’s “Fair Game” tactics. For this photo, I’m sitting two tables away from Ms. Weiland, who is studying a document. Notice that she’s seated in such a way so as to face in my direction. You can read more about Ms. Weiland in an earlier blog (“The church of scientology’s Campaign to Silence Me“).

[BIG SNIP]

8A%20DSC02437%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsgmntoaqw.jpg

Photo Caption: This is scientologist Barbara Carmichael signing her “Neighborhood Council Board Member Oath.”

8B%20DSC02437%20EHNC%202016-05-16_zpsrcuravhq.jpeg

Photo Caption: This is the “Neighborhood Council Board Member Oath” that Barbara signed.

[BIG SNIP]

Barbara Carmichael appears in a recent WISE directory:2004 WISE Directory: Category: Public Relations

Barbara Carmichael
Carmichael and Company
356 W. 45th St., #4A
New York, NY 10036
United States
Tel. +1 917-417-0615
So how is Barbara Carmichael doing with encouraging other points of view according to her oath? What has she pushed or voted for? Has she implemented Fair Game yet? Where is her stack of Golden Rod? How many citizens of the community has she declared?

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
So how is Barbara Carmichael doing with encouraging other points of view according to her oath? What has she pushed or voted for? Has she implemented Fair Game yet? Where is her stack of Golden Rod? How many citizens of the community has she declared?
She never attended another meeting, so according to the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council Bylaws, she was voted off the board. The Board appointed me as the Arts & Culture Representative last year.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
So glad to hear that, Lynn!

BTW, isn't that the Barbara Carmichael ( formerly of CA who is now a longtime NY resident and the wife of COS NY president, John Carmichael? Sure looks like her

Lynn Fountain Campbell

As a matter of fact, we have a Board meeting tonight. And we recently updated our website (www.easthollywood.net), if you'd like to keep up on some of the things going on in the neighborhood. By the way, people from OSA used to come to the meetings, but I haven't seen them around lately -- not since Leah's series came out. I don't know if they've been told not to go or have hit the RPF or what.

Oh yeah, I'm looking for more people to join the Arts & Culture Committee, in case you're inclined to get involved in such things. We meet at a public library nearby. We want to have an Arts Festival. I don't think you have to live in East Hollywood to be on the committee (though to be on the Board, you do have to have an East Hollywood connection).

I think the neighborhood is getting safer for exes, though I know it gives some of us the creeps just being close to those big blue buildings....

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Interesting thing happened tonight. Not the meeting, but what happened after the meeting.

Robb Winer (the Faith-Based Representative on the Board -- who happens to be a scientologist) asked to speak to me after the meeting, so I let him.
He was all smiles and happy-happy PR, saying how we were all there to help the neighborhood, right? Well, of course. That's what I'm there for anyway. Then he starts to spin me this yarn about how he was walking by my shop the other day and saw the sign in the window. Of course it wouldn't bother the Sea Org members, because they can handle pretty much anything, right? But it could trigger some of their parishioners, seeing the Sea Org mentioned on a sign like that.

I wanted to know what he meant by that -- trigger them to do what? Oh, they might vote me out of office. I shrugged. "OK, so let them." And I asked him if somebody sent him to "handle" me about the sign. He hastened to assure me, smiling all the while, that nobody sends him to handle anything -- he's too old. And he kept coming back to the accusation that I'm "triggering" people.

I said I can "trigger" some people just by being black, so what am I supposed to do -- not be black?

He then mouthed a lot of words that really said nothing until he got to his next point -- that as elected officials, we're not supposed to be taking part in activities like the signs in my window. I pointed out that I'm doing that as a private individual exercising free speech, and that activity is in no way linked to the Neighborhood Council. I have rights. There was some more back-and-forth before he said he'd have to get back to me about the activities we're supposedly not permitted to do.

Yeah. Guess he has to report back to the mothership for further instructions. They probably don't realize elected officials take positions on issues all the time. I have taken a position on an issue. Big deal.

I await our next conversation with bated breath.

But the thing about the conversation is that he was trying to intimidate me with lies, smiling all the while. None of the signs in my window say anything about the Sea Org. There used to be one, but it hasn't been there in about two years. The sign I have now is a "Call Me" sign. He must have gotten his information from old data, not from anything he observed while "walking by my shop the other day." So yeah, he was sent by some idiot who gave him the wrong data, which he robotically accepted without bothering to verify it for himself.

Oh yeah, I asked him for specifics about who has been "triggered," and again he has to get back to me to make sure it was something that really happened, and not something that "could" happen. ("Triggered"? What ever happened to TRs? Does the Tech not work?)

The way he ended the conversation -- happy-happy PR -- was as if they told him to make sure he ended off on good indicators.

I foresee a possible "Streisand effect" with them fixating on the sign like they are. I doubt that it really gets that much attention any more. But with them trying to get me to take it down, people will want to get a look at it, when it wasn't even registering with them before.

Well OK, peeps. The sign can be viewed at 4865 Fountain Avenue any time, day or night. :p

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lynn,

I think it is impressive that you have frustrated OSA, or the powers that be, to the extent that their handling program for you has been reduced to the target of trying to get rid of that sign with such an oblique approach. As LRH would say, you have a lot of sticktoitiveness. It’s pretty obvious that the COS doesn’t have much in the way of spokespeople anymore because they can’t risk putting them in a position where they need to respond to pushback in a public forum. They seem to use either lawyers who bring with them the protections of attorney-client privilege or “faith-based representatives” which implies some kind of tacit understanding that direct conflict is to be avoided in favor of mutual co-existance. I have often wondered how informed the local neighborhood is around Big Blue. Do they know about things like the RPF and locking Scott Campbell in the incinerator room?

As a tip of the hat to Streisand, maybe post a picture of the sign here?

TOBB

… and hey Robb, using generalities to spread entheta - not cool man!

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-generalities-and-paranoia/

In HCOPL, The Anti-Social Personality, The Anti-Scientologist, L. Ron Hubbard wrote that among his twelve attributes, the Anti-Social Personality “speaks only in very broad generalities. ‘They say…’ ‘Everybody thinks…’ ‘Everybody knows…’ and such expressions are in continual use, particularly when imparting rumor. When asked ‘Who is everybody…’ it normally turns out to be one source and from this source the Anti-Social Personality has manufactured what he or she pretends is the whole opinion of the whole society.
(snipped)