What's new

What Are Ideal Orgs Really All About?

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

What Are Ideal Orgs Really All About?

Here is ALL you need to know about the so-called “ideal orgs”… It has NOTHING to do with “expanding scientology” or “servicing the public” or anything other than MAKING MONEY. This guy is not a scientology official. He is not in church management. He is not even on staff in an org. His ONLY claim […]

Continue reading...

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
775830f05af501363eb3005056a9545d

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
A long time ago the number of public & staff involved in Scientology crashed.

IMO, the creation of, so-called, ideal orgs was mainly done to try and solve this problem.
So far, this is not working. (Gee! I wonder why. Joking.)

Now, they are doing Scientology TV.
I predict that this won't work either. (Gee! I wonder why. joking.)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
IMO, for CofS to "fix" itself it would have to do the following:

1. keep the 1st half of the Comm Course,

2. eliminate all auditing except some Grades (i.e. talk therapy), dump Dianetics and OT levels.

3. delete all LRH materials (HCOBs, HCO PLs, books, lectures) that are not relevant to #1 & #2.

4. eliminate the Sea Org

5. eliminate the book "Scientology Ethics" or re-write it completely

6. eliminate the Briefing Course (history of errors)

7. staff pay should be in the range of middle-class income.

8. true, so-called, ideal orgs would do all of the above points

9. CofS would then need to announce that they did ALL of the above on the internet and prove it.

:cool:

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

2. eliminate all auditing except some Grades (i.e. talk therapy), dump Dianetics and OT levels.

3. delete all LRH materials (HCOBs, HCO PLs, books, lectures) that are not relevant to #1 & #2.

4. eliminate the Sea Org

9. CofS would then need to announce that they did ALL of the above on the internet and prove it.

:cool:
Well, they HAVE done #6 already. The BC is no longer offered, as of a few years ago. I believe the line is it's being "recompiled."
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-shsbc-is-dead/

I believe this is also true of the VIII Course. The Class IX's and above at Flag are just Class IV's (Class V's nowadays) who've been skipped over the BC and VIII Course and hatted up on the higher level materials.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Well, they HAVE done #6 already. The BC is no longer offered, as of a few years ago. I believe the line is it's being "recompiled."

I believe this is also true of the VIII Course. The Class IX's and above at Flag are just Class IV's (Class V's nowadays) who've been skipped over the BC and VIII Course and hatted up on the higher level materials.
I was thinking that many here would get a laugh about that post I made.
IOW, to correct they would need to eliminate at least 90% of Scientology. Ha!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
In Karen Schless Pressley's book "Escaping Scientology" she recalls a meeting she had with David Miscavige at the Int Base in 1997. He said to her: "We can't get people to pay for Scientology services. But we can get them to give plenty of money to the International Association of Scientologists for nothing".

It was the "for nothing" that really shook her. Up to that point she had been a staunch ally of his but now she says: "He was showing me that he knew Scientology and the IAS were a sham".

Quotes taken from Chapter 32 of the book.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
4. eliminate the Sea Org

LOL, that was very entertaining.

And, the parenthetical qualifier in #6 (above) is hilarious and the most concise definition of SHSBC ever published! Loved that, it is something Ambrose Bierce would have written in his brilliant "The Devil's Dictionary".

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yes, and when the St. Hill Special Briefing Course is re-issued:

• it will be mandatory for all former graduates to redo the entire 14 month course
  • all OT VIIIs will be given a confidential briefing, advising them that they must immediately pay for and do the SHSBC because it is a prerequisite to doing OT IX.
  • a major release event will be announced as "The Greatest Single Technical Breakthrough In Scientology's Entire History!" And all public will be given a C/S and TIP (Technical Individual Program) to get onto the SHSBC immediately---and naturally to pay for it and all its prerequisite courses/auditing levels.
At the event COB (glowing drunk face as always) will explain that lack of SHSBC is the "WHY" that people did not make full OT with exteriorization and levitation and other paranormal powers. Because only an SHSBC quality auditor is good enough to make an OT and thus solo-auditors have to train on SHSBC in order to go OT on the OT levels.

No one will mention that none of the techniques or processes on the SHSBC are found on the new OT levels, but Scientologists won't worry about that or ask about it.

Immediately following the event, Scientologists will begin having monumental wins about how there will now be real OTs for the first time! And Scientologists routing onto the SHSBC will begin writing euphoric SUCCESS STORIES in their first few days on course about going exterior. Yes, the same exterior that drunk COB bragged about. That's how Scientologists roll.

ps: And, oh yeah---Scientologists will be going exterior in unprecedented numbers as soon as they route onto the SHSBC, even though they are not auditing themselves (per the "briefing") and are only re-studying the politics letters "KSW" and "Technical Degrades" for the 50th time. They go exterior on the briefing course because that is what they were told would happen. That's the part of KSW that "works".

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

Is that true of the Class X, XI and XII auditors also now, Pineapple? I know that when I was in, it was possible to do the Class IX course as a Class IV auditor. But the prereq for Class X and above was that you needed to have completed the Class VIII course.

I remember meeting a Class XII at St. Hill in the 90s. I wasn't at all impressed. And same with a Class IX that I met at ITO, who was supervising one of the courserooms I studied in.

pineapple

Is that true of the Class X, XI and XII auditors also now, Pineapple? I know that when I was in, it was possible to do the Class IX course as a Class IV auditor. But the prereq for Class X and above was that you needed to have completed the Class VIII course.
I thought I'd read that about the VIII Course, but I can't find the reference now, so I may be mistaken. If I do find out one way or the other I'll post it.

Anybody who knows if the Class VIII course is or is not currently being offered, please chime in.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I thought I'd read that about the VIII Course, but I can't find the reference now, so I may be mistaken. If I do find out one way or the other I'll post it.

Anybody who knows if the Class VIII course is or is not currently being offered, please chime in.
I've got no idea if the Class VIII course is still on offer, but it first came out along with 'Standard Tech' (Standard - A definite level or degree of quality that is proper and adequate for a specific purpose).

Since training and processing seems to have become a thing of the past and the cult now makes its money by selling shiny baubles to 'whales' who have more money than sense, I somehow doubt it. I mean, why go to all that trouble?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

It could be that the Class VIII course is STILL a prerequisite for X, XI and XII, but that they aren't currently offering VIII (and by implication, not creating any new Class XIIs, unless they did the Class VIII course years ago). If that is the case, how are they going to offer the Ls when the Class XIIs still there leave/die/retire/get declared?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

I never thought of the SHSBC in that way. Now it makes perfect sense. And to take it one step further Scientology is a history of errors!

I only got half way through Level B and finally bogged so badly I couldn't comprehend anything anymore. Reading about obscure inane concepts and failed processes was doing a number on my brain. And all for naught. I was wasting away my youth on a worthless endeavor. At least I was only in Los Angeles for only 5 months. It could have been worse.

pineapple

It could be that the Class VIII course is STILL a prerequisite for X, XI and XII, but that they aren't currently offering VIII (and by implication, not creating any new Class XIIs, unless they did the Class VIII course years ago). If that is the case, how are they going to offer the Ls when the Class XIIs still there leave/die/retire/get declared?
I guess they could just do what they do with the IX's now. Drop the VIII Course as a prereq for X, XI and XII. It can't be all that hard to learn. Scn likes to make things a lot harder than they really need to be.

I remember when NED came out (1978). I'd already done the HSDC (Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course) twice -- and the HSDC internship -- and here I was doing another dianetics course! It was supposed to be something super-terrific (as anything "new" in scn was), but to me it just seemed like they'd added a few bells and whistles. I could've just done "read it drill it do it" on the few things that were different and I'd have been fine. Instead I had to do a whole course. And another dianetic internship.

And shortly after that, Dianetic Clear happened and suddenly almost everyone was "clear" and "didn't need" (and couldn't have!) any more dianetics!

Last edited:

pineapple

pineapple,

Did you do HSDC at the Riverside Mission? Just curious.
If you did, who was your course sup?
First time at the Honolulu Mission while I was still public.

Second time at the Riverside Mission. Rodney Michaelson and Dave Siebert were the course sups.

My pc on the practical was Eric Boettcher. Maybe you remember him, estates crew guy who was sort of a janitor. I was told he was considered difficult, but I didn't find him so. I think he might have seemed difficult to a new auditor because he made lots of involuntary body motions. By then I'd learned that you could pretty much ignore the meter in dianetics except for assessment and an occasional glance at the TA (and to set the sensitivity low enough so the needle wasn't always falling off the dial), so it didn't bother me.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
pineapple,

Who was C/Sing your internship when you did HSDC at Riverside?
(Yes, I remember Rodney and Eric but not Dave.)

pineapple

pineapple,

Who was C/Sing your internship when you did HSDC at Riverside?
(Yes, I remember Rodney and Eric but not Dave.)
I don't remember who the C/S was. I seem to remember that Paul Ney was "Dn C/S" but I don't know if it was him. (I only knew Paul Ney by sight, probably never said more than "hello" to him, if that.)

I was very impressed that Riverside was big enough to need more than one C/S. Even the Hawaii Org never had more than one.