What's new

Top 100 Stupid Moments in Scientology PART 4

guanoloco

As-Wased
Incidentally, I was there when the bookstocks in Class V orgs were ordered to be gutted and tossed because of BTBs in the Tech Vols.

BTBs were deemed "not Source" and were, therefore, inauthentic and needed some door slamming.

This also generated substantial GI for uplines because Class V orgs need to buy all the bookstocks upfront and then sell it off to recoup their costs.

The old stuff had to be dumped with zero refund or credit to the Class V orgs. This meant those long construction dumpsters full to the brim of tech Vols, Dianetics Today, old Volunteer Minister's Handbooks, etc. All the mini basic books. So many books that my arms burnt from carrying so much to the dumpsters.

This all had to be repurchased and replaced.

This is also how Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat is inflated for N.Y. Bestseller lists. The bookstocks are purchased by Class V orgs and others and then warehoused to be sold to the public...possibly these resales are tallied for Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat, too. IDK, but that is about their speed. It certainly would assist putting Ron on the bestseller list.

This scam worked so well that Miscavige later pulled the same scam on the public as well as the Class V orgs with the Basics and lectures.

Now I've read here, somewhere, that he's discovered "lost tech" in the BTBs and that the BTBs were never supposed to be dumped in the first place and that some SP ordered their destruction.

My guess is that a reversed cycle happens all over again. Deja vu.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I think the claim is that the book Dianetics Today was not written by Ronnie, which is true. It was a compilation of Hubbard writings, lectures, notes to C/Ss, Course Supes, and BTBs.:bignono:

I (when I was in) loved that book. It contained info (tech) that could be found nowhere else.

I once raised the "legitimacy" of that book with the mission Qual Sec, what with the BTB stuff included and he simply turned the book over to show me the spine and said "It has his name on it as author, so, good enough for me." or words to that effect.

Jack
BTB stuff or not, if it got published under his name, the assumption is that he read it before OKing it.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anything to the claim by someone earlier in one of the threads that Miscavige now claims that the book "Dianetics" was not even written by L. Ron Hubbard? If so that really opens the door to a bizarre history of the church's past!
If you look at any of the re-re-released books you will find the author listed as "L.Ron Hubbard Library" or something similar. You will also find the title of all the books have been changed. For instance, "Self Analysis" is now "L. Ron Hubbard Self Analysis" so his name still appears on the cover, as always, but not as author.

So, today, none of the books were "written by Hubbard".

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Incidentally, I was there when the bookstocks in Class V orgs were ordered to be gutted and tossed because of BTBs in the Tech Vols.

BTBs were deemed "not Source" and were, therefore, inauthentic and needed some door slamming.

This also generated substantial GI for uplines because Class V orgs need to buy all the bookstocks upfront and then sell it off to recoup their costs.

The old stuff had to be dumped with zero refund or credit to the Class V orgs. This meant those long construction dumpsters full to the brim of tech Vols, Dianetics Today, old Volunteer Minister's Handbooks, etc. All the mini basic books. So many books that my arms burnt from carrying so much to the dumpsters.

This is also how Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat is inflated for N.Y. Bestseller lists. The bookstocks are purchased by Class V orgs and others and then warehoused to be sold to the public...possibly these resales are tallied for Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat, too. IDK, but that is about their speed. It certainly would assist putting Ron on the bestseller list.

This scam worked so well that Miscavige later pulled the same scam on the public as well as the Class V orgs with the Basics and lectures.

Now I've read here, somewhere, that he's discovered "lost tech" in the BTBs and that the BTBs were never supposed to be dumped in the first place and that some SP ordered their destruction.

It's like an automatic washing machine.
I wonder what will happen when the rinse cycle begins?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
If you look at any of the re-re-released books you will find the author listed as "L.Ron Hubbard Library" or something similar. You will also find the title of all the books have been changed. For instance, "Self Analysis" is now "L. Ron Hubbard Self Analysis" so his name still appears on the cover, as always, but not as author.

I firmly believe the real purpose of the "Basics reissue" was so that "Church of Spiritual Technology" would now be the owner of all copyrights, with DM in control of CST.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron

Does this have something to do with protecting/prolonging the copyrights?

Jack

guanoloco

As-Wased
Protecting copyrights? What a silly MEST consideration!!

This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with transcription errors.

And here's what you do with incorrect technology, pal!!

giphy.gif

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Protecting copyrights? What a silly MEST consideration!!

This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with transcription errors.

And here's what you do with incorrect technology, pal!!

View attachment 14537
Notice that Hubbard had to coin a word for the physical universe that had a negative ring to it like "messed" and MEST? All part of negating the importance of EVERYTHING but Scientology so as to make it all the more likely that we'd just fork it over come reg time!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
BTB stuff or not, if it got published under his name, the assumption is that he read it before OKing it.
There is ZERO possibility that Hubbard did not know about that book and collect royalties.

ZERO.

That was always one of Mankind's Greatest Charlatan's greatest gimmicks---to do something dastardly or and later claim that he "had no idea" others were doing such awful things in his name.

It's never good when the planet's messiah & savior is super sleazy, lol.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Does this have something to do with protecting/prolonging the copyrights?

Jack

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html

guanoloco

As-Wased
There is ZERO possibility that Hubbard did not know about that book and collect royalties.

ZERO.

That was always one of Mankind's Greatest Charlatan's greatest gimmicks---to do something dastardly or and later claim that he "had no idea" others were doing such awful things in his name.

Ron was All Knowing and Knowing How to Know because Not Know was low on the scale...that is until he did Not Know about the criminal stuff his 2D was doing while he was Pervading All with his Knowingness and Being the Second Dynamic all Pan Determined with Full Responsibility and All Exterior with Full Perception like a sliver in the thumb where the body is the sliver and the thetan exteriorized is the thumb but yet Ron did Not Know even though his anchor points were waasy out there in Space and Time and his confront was through the roof due to clean hands and exchange in Abundance having forgiven millions owed to him by the church and humbly gifted gifts to mankind and the Tech was free let's keep it so.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Good info, thanks!

It is one of those curious phenomena in the cult of scientology that questioning the authenticity of any Source material can be viewed in various and contradictory ways:

-- If you are on course and question an "LRH datum" you are promptly ordered to go back earlier and restudy your materials to find "misunderstood words" that made you doubt whether "Source" (Dr Hubbard) was possibly not infallible. If word clearing didn't work, pink sheet assignments were levied. If you still did not realize how it's all your fault that you didn't agree with Ron and you were routed to cramming at your own expense to "find your why" and handle your study case. If that didn't get you writing success stories on what you read, then you are routed to Ethics to handle your evil acts/intentions and to do amends, make up the damage and contritely beg for forgiveness and acceptance (back into the cult) by cult members in good standing who always agree with Ron. Failing that, if you continued "spreading entheta" (disagreeing with mankind's only hope and best friend) you would be whipped into shape with a Non-Enturbulation Order. If that didn't terrorize you enough to "knock off the dramatization", you would be declared an SP and disconnected from your family, friends and business associates. If you still disagreed with Ron and told people about it, you would be fair gamed and destroyed by tricks, lies and any means necessary by the most ethical people on the planet.
-- if you questioned whether Ron wrote a book, policy or bulletin you could be sent to ethics for crimes​
-- Or, if you questioned whether Ron wrote a book, policy or bulletin, you could be (instead) awarded a Humanitarian Medal of Courage (if that book was currently being re-published with a few commas added, along with the "command intention" that ordered all Scientologists to surrender their old edition and buy the new edition.​
Comma Khazies will fix their MU's. This was last resort tech before being booted out the door that was always left open a crack to keep an eye on you. Can't have nattery SOB's runnin round loose

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson

"So many books that my arms burnt from carrying so much to the dumpsters."*

WELL, ISN'T THAT WHERE THEY SHI\OULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG?

Maybe this is a foreshock or pre-harmonic of what is to come. Dumpsters is where all the hubburd books belong.

But I actually burned mine since I didn't want to risk the chance that some clueless rube might lay hands on them intact and start the dupe cycle all over again.

*This is sort of like the post-wash, pre-rinse soak cycle in the high-end washing machine I made reference to earlier.

Leland

Crusader

ZERO.

Just wanted to point out that BTB refers to Board Technical Bulletin.....and not "a book."

Scientology use to have lots of Board Technical Bulletins.....just like HCOBs and such...in their course packs and OECs and Tech Vols...

Edited:

I sure you knew that... :)

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Just wanted to point out that BTB refers to Board Technical Bulletin.....and not "a book."

Scientology use to have lots of Board Technical Bulletins.....just like HCOBs and such...in their course packs and OECs and Tech Vols...

Edited:

I sure you knew that... :)

I think HH's post is in reference to Dianetics Today which was a compendium volume of "based on the works of" and, possibly, had BTB data, etc.

Same reason that "How to Live Though an Executive" is gone. Even though Hu666ard copyrighted it and collected his fat oaf royalties from it the actual author was C. C. de Mille's kid - the same guy who discovered the Carlos Castinada book hoax.

Richard de Mille, I think... He was the guy who accompanied Alexis and El Ronio to Cuba and transcribed SOS. He also was involved in the Black Dianetics attempt on Sara Northrup.