What's new

New member. Currently reading Dianetics...

Veda

Sponsor
I haven't seen windowpane for decades

If you're anywhere near the haight-ashbury stop by and I can hook you up

Other than that, just look for people with gray hair wearing tie-dye t-shirts; most of them can set you up so long as they are confident you aren't trying to set them up

We're not hard to find.

We are EVERYWHERE!
You mean bums loitering on the street?

Yes, they are everywhere in places such as San Francisco and are destroying the city.

A person with a curiosity about Scientology, and an interest in doing Scientology, while seeking information on how to do so inexpensively, comes here and posts once.

Your response, among other things, is to promote the use of LSD. (Now, three times, in three separate posts, so far, on this thread).

At other times, you've promoted the use of crack and methamphetamine.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were working for the Scientology cult to create the idea that people, who have experienced Scientology but have moved beyond it, are a bunch of drug abusing lowlifes.

Perplexed.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi!!!

I'm an auditor from the early seventies and I wish I could in good conscience give enthusiastic recommendation to the stuy of auditing in a CLV org...

But I can't

But if you want to study auditing and Hubbard's work you should pair up ("twin") with someone and do the Academy levels 0-IV at an "outer org"

Do not go to Clearwater and if you have never used LSD I suggest you sample a small dose (50-80 micrograms) to innoculate yourself against Sea Org recruiters.

Whatever you do or don't do I very highly recommend the book "Science of Survival". It has some flaws and Veda will be happy to tell you of it's worst but flaws notwithstanding I consider it to be nothing less than the finest basic handbook of human psychology ever written.

Also...

Take the HQS course. One of the best bargains on the planet IF studied well...
The best place to read "Science of Survival" is sitting in the center of an unknown number of angels dancing on a pin.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Your field of study seems to be more "The Anatomy of a World Class Scam" than the subject itself Per Se. You can certainly find no grander scam, short of becoming a U.S. career politician, but with that said, don't play with fire or you might get burned. It has all manner of contingencies built into it to capture even the most slippery who are just showing a passing interest... It's not worth even a cursory glance and we only linger to clean up areas of stuck attention that results on a constant basis from the trap doors that one discovers the hard way which lurk everywhere. Run, don't walk, there are plenty of more worthy endeavors than to wallow in this black plague that haunts those of us who walked its path, you didn't so don't.
It is the sacrilegious embodiment of the Greek Medusa, with body thetan snakes that turn all to stone who gaze upon her.
800px-Medusa_by_Carvaggio.jpg

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I would appreciate any advice on how to educate myself without the expenses
Hubbard invented a so-called "science," but how did he himself end up?
Though he promised quite a lot, I can only go by the actual outcomes it
produced in him.

Hubbard was very physically ill on and off from about 1968 to his death in
1986 (ages 57 to 75). Much more so than most people his age. He suffered
from multiple bouts of pneumonia yearly at one time (admitted in a letter),
heart attacks, strokes, pancreatitis (taken to hospital in early '85 for a very
bad attack . . . could not walk by himself), among other things.

From age 64 on, he exhibited early signs of dementia or senility. I'm not a doctor
so I can't exactly describe it . . . but he had it. Something going on there. (From my
readings of posts by people who worked directly with him face to face, including
ESMB posters afaceinthecrowd, cowboy, and others.) He suffered from an uncontrollable
temper and rages as he got older.

He wished to die in 1985 and attempted to take his life in November, so we're told by
his close friend and confidant, Sarge. In 1986, he volitionally withheld proper medical
treatment at a hospital for a stroke or two, so he would die.

I've researched Hubbard's hidden history for as long as anyone and am trained in most
all of the techniques he ever devised. It's sorta disappointing to say the the least to find
out all this after decades of being involved with his "science," but this is where my "road
to truth" took me and I can't deny what I found out to be the truth of it all.
A cautionary opinion. :shrug:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Additional (medical doctor's) opinion about
Hubbard's dementia or senility in his final years

There's a video in this posting: Bill Franks Interview

Highlight: from 1:03:30 to 1:08:30, Bill Franks talks about a visit to Hubbard's doctor,
Gene Denk, and the doctor reveals that Hubbard is suffering from dementia, getting
worse and is highly paranoid. Asks if Bill could help out in any way.

Hubbard is very clear and OT, so he claims.
Not what I was expecting to find out when I was a young and naive believer. :shrug:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .

Highlight: from 1:03:30 to 1:08:30, Bill Franks talks about a visit to Hubbard's doctor,
Gene Denk, and the doctor reveals that Hubbard is suffering from dementia, getting

Not what I was expecting to find out when I was a young and naive believer. :shrug:
Hubbard's many physiological and psychological illnesses should not be an excuse for haters to claim that the technology did not work.

In fact, Ron was 100% correct when he stated that the 100% workable tech works 100% of the time on 100% of all people--and does not work on 100% of SPs.

Thus, it is logically obvious, that LRH was correct 100% of the time.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Hubbard's many physiological and psychological illnesses should not be an excuse for haters to claim that the technology did not work.

In fact, Ron was 100% correct when he stated that the 100% workable tech works 100% of the time on 100% of all people--and does not work on 100% of SPs.

Thus, it is logically obvious, that LRH was correct 100% of the time.

It's just unfortunate that 100% of the people who are exposed to LRH's '100% workable tech' eventually turn out to be SP's, isn't it?

freethinker

Sponsor
. . .

Thanks, as far as I'm concerned this is the reason why the people on this board and elsewhere who left Scientology, left it, they realized that they didn't have OW's, they realized the truth that they hadn't done anything against Scientology but that Scientology was doing things to them.

Conversely, this is why the people who are in Scientology stay there, It's because they are convinced that there problems are their OW's and Scientology is their only hope of getting rid of them. If you can show them that their OW's are not theirs but Scientologies, then they will leave.

If you think about it, the reason you left is because you realized it wasn't you, it was them. Think about it. Sure, the circumstances were different for everyone but you left when you knew your problems weren't you, but the insane people around you telling you, you were fucked.

Veda

Sponsor

oldhubb.jpg

The above photo was taken in 1973, when Hubbard was secretly residing in Queens, New York.

Hubbard was 62. (Many people mistakenly assume this photo is from the last weeks of Hubbard's life.)

He bounced back and returned to the ship.
__________​

Hubbard's mistress from 1951 was interviewed by British television for the 1999 'Secret Lives' Program, and told of seeing Hubbard in 1951 after an absence of a few months. She described him as having long hair and fingernails like talons. It was obvious to her that he had serious mental problems.

See 7:50 - 8:30:

But he bounced back.

___________​

Hubbard at the 1980 New Years party at "X" in Hemet, California:

michael-douglas3.jpg

During the same period, Hubbard wrote 11 Science fiction novels.

Hubbard's paranoia was his companion for his whole life, and his apparent dementia seemed to be cyclic, sometimes appearing, sometimes receding.

Saying Hubbard was crazy or demented, or ill, may not be as effective as one might think, when directed at someone who's interested in his - mostly 1950s and 1960s - counseling ideas and techniques.

Hubbard seems to have only really "lost it" during the last few years towards the very end.

Better to accept that this newbie considers that Scientology has something to offer, and gently take it from there.

I hope he read the link I gave him but, it seems, we might have lost him.

I hope Clay Pigeon's foolishness didn't send him into the arms of his local "Org."

Time will tell.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Better to accept that this newbie considers that Scientology has something to offer, and gently take it from there.

I hope he read the link I gave him but, it seems, we might have lost him.

I hope Clay Pigeon's foolishness didn't send him into the arms of his local "Org."

Time will tell.
Karmic justice always prevails in the case of "raw meat", "newbies" and "wogs" investing their time and money in Hubbard's hoax.

To wit, a person curious about Scientology will always suffer to the exact and precise degree that their destructive act (e.g. evil, crime, overt, et al) is the abnegation and/or derogation of duty to perform due diligence on "Dr." Hubbard's "scientific" miracles.

In modern times (2018) anyone who enrolls in the cult without looking a little bit into Scientology's "customer reviews" (i.e. any of the many hundreds thousands of websites, posts, discussion boards, whistleblowing links, television exposes, articles, books, videos, interviews, documentaries, films, et al) dooms themselves to all of the just rewards of naivety, gullibility & stupidity. That is how life works in all domains-- whether personal, business, political, religious, medical or otherwise.

For example, in the financial world, anyone "investing" their hard-earned money into a wildly speculative, unsupported, high-risk venture/instrument deserves to lose it, as 99% of said persons invariably do. Further, an "investor" who bleeds their life's savings into a "high-yield" Ponzi scheme will lose it all because they were unwilling to perform a tiny bit of due diligence that probably could have been done (by themselves or a professional financial advisor) in less than 30 minutes.

An "investor" who puts their assets at risk in high-flying, "miraculous" returns-promising ventures is not really an investor any more than someone shoving all their money into the hands of dealers and croupiers at the gaming tables in Las Vegas.

Yet, people still do commit KSW kamikaze these days when all the former customers of Scientology are only 10 seconds away with an internet search.

Imagine buying something on eBay or any other website where 99% of the customer reviews are horribly negative and decry the fraud and criminality of the seller who never "delivered what they promised".

There are always some who will look at those customer reviews on eBay (or right here on ESMB) and choose to ignore them because they have "knowingness" that is senior to facts. Their "feelings" tell them that they know best and that all the others who lost millions of dollars and decades of their life to the cult were not as smart/amazing as themselves; and thus, they arrogantly plunge in and splurge on the masochism of being a Scientologist. LOL.

CONCLUSION: If a person out on a nature hike sees a sign that reads "CAUTION! QUICKSAND!" and still decides to "take a shortcut" by wading through it, karma will perform its duty to use such willful ignorance as a showcase to help others realize that the warning sign was not a joke. Scientology's magical bridge to total freedom has one little problem--reality has no shortcuts.

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Karmic justice always prevails in the case of "raw meat", "newbies" and "wogs" investing their time and money in Hubbard's hoax.

To wit, a person curious about Scientology will always suffer to the exact and precise degree that their destructive act (e.g. evil, crime, overt, et al) is the abnegation and/or derogation of duty to perform due diligence on "Dr." Hubbard's "scientific" miracles.

In modern times (2018) anyone who enrolls in the cult without looking a little bit into Scientology's "customer reviews" (i.e. any of the many hundreds thousands of websites, posts, discussion boards, whistleblowing links, television exposes, articles, books, videos, interviews, documentaries, films, et al) dooms themselves to all of just rewards of naivety, gullibility & stupidity. That is how life works in all domains, person, business or otherwise.

For example, in the financial world, anyone "investing" their hard-earned money into a wildly speculative, unsupported, high-risk investment deserves to lose it, as 99% of said persons invariably do. Further, an "investor" who bleeds their life's savings into a "high-yield" Ponzi scheme will lose it all because they were unwilling to perform a tiny bit of due diligence that probably could have been done (by themselves or a professional financial advisor) in less than 30 minutes.

An "investor" who puts their assets at risk in high-flying, "miraculous" returns-promising ventures is not really an investor any more than someone shoving all their money into the hands of dealers and croupiers at the gaming tables in Las Vegas.

Yet, people still do commit KSW kamikaze these days when all the former customers of Scientology are only 10 seconds away with an internet search.

Imagine buying something on eBay or any other website where 99% of the customer reviews are horribly negative and decry the fraud and criminality of the seller who never "delivered what they promised".

There are always some who will look at those customer reviews on eBay (or right here on ESMB) and choose to ignore them because they have "knowingness" that is senior to facts. Their "feelings" tell them that they know best and that all the others who lost millions of dollars and decades of their life to the cult were not as smart/amazing as themselves; and thus, they arrogantly plunge in and splurge on the masochism of being a Scientologist. LOL.

CONCLUSION: If a person out on a nature hike sees a sign that reads "CAUTION! QUICKSAND!" and still decides to wade through it, karma will perform its duty to use such willful ignorance as a showcase to help others realize that the warning sign was not a joke.
"Imagine buying something on eBay or any other website where 99% of the customer reviews are horribly negative and decry the fraud and criminality of the seller who never "delivered what they promised". "

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

But it might actually be more like 99.999% of customer reviews are horribly negative and decry the fraud and criminality of the CULT.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Karmic justice always prevails in the case of "raw meat", "newbies" and "wogs" investing their time and money in Hubbard's hoax. < snip for brevity >
Incredible writing. All of it. :notworthy::bowdown:

In the 70's, 80's and early 90's, the pre-Internet dark ages, one might have an excuse
for falling into this by mistake. But not today.

I remember going to the library and searching out microfiche of newspapers from other cities
to find out what the heck was going on around the time of Hubbard's death and in the years
following. I lived far away from the nucleus of Scientology action and had almost no Sci friends
I could call. I was a practicing "fabian," one who avoids a decisive confrontation, LOL. Instead,
keeping my powder dry and seeing what would happen during those post-Hubbard years.
I wish we'd have had the Internet back then. I'd have saved myself a lot of money and grief. :shrug:

George Layton

In modern times (2018) anyone who enrolls in the cult without looking a little bit into Scientology's "customer reviews" (i.e. any of the many hundreds thousands of websites, posts, discussion boards, whistleblowing links, television exposes, articles, books, videos, interviews, documentaries, films, et al) dooms themselves to all of just rewards of naivety, gullibility & stupidity. That is how life works in all domains, person, business or otherwise.

For example, in the financial world, anyone "investing" their hard-earned money into a wildly speculative, unsupported, high-risk investment deserves to lose it, as 99% of said persons invariably do. Further, an "investor" who bleeds their life's savings into a "high-yield" Ponzi scheme will lose it all because they were unwilling to perform a tiny bit of due diligence that probably could have been done (by themselves or a professional financial advisor) in less than 30 minutes.

CONCLUSION: If a person out on a nature hike sees a sign that reads "CAUTION! QUICKSAND!" and still decides to wade through it, karma will perform its duty to use such willful ignorance as a showcase to help others realize that the warning sign was not a joke.
Except at ESMB, only because there is always the chance that the opening post is an OSA fictional piece. That in and of itself speaks volumes of where chasing "The Knowledge of Hubbard" can lead you to. If you want to learn about yourself, learn it from yourself.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You mean bums loitering on the street?

Yes, they are everywhere in places such as San Francisco and are destroying the city.

A person with a curiosity about Scientology, and an interest in doing Scientology, while seeking information on how to do so inexpensively, comes here and posts once.

Your response, among other things, is to promote the use of LSD. (Now, three times, in three separate posts, so far, on this thread).

At other times, you've promoted the use of crack and methamphetamine.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were working for the Scientology cult to create the idea that people, who have experienced Scientology but have moved beyond it, are a bunch of drug abusing lowlifes.

Perplexed.
I may have confessed to the occaisional use of crack but I certainly have not ever recommended it nor have I promoted the use of methamphetamine; both substances whose abuse can be lethal.

I am quite reticent to speak of the very substantial benefit I have derived from LSD and any time I've mentioned it on this board I've been careful to point out it is a radical experience which in many, perhaps most cases changes a person in perpetuity and have always recommended AGAINST it's use.

However...

LSD is less dangerous than a Sea Org contract so I am willing to suggest it as a precursor to the study.

And Veda...

My fellow ESMBer of whom i have respect and affection...

Your parting sentence is so egregious, outrageous, abusive; so warped and distorted it might make a casual reader suspect you of being a homosexual of the screaming faggot variety...

George Layton

I may have confessed to the occaisional use of crack but I certainly have not ever recommended it nor have I promoted the use of methamphetamine; both substances whose abuse can be lethal.

I am quite reticent to speak of the very substantial benefit I have derived from LSD and any time I've mentioned it on this board I've been careful to point out it is a radical experience which in many, perhaps most cases changes a person in perpetuity and have always recommended AGAINST it's use.

However...

LSD is less dangerous than a Sea Org contract so I am willing to suggest it as a precursor to the study.

And Veda...

My fellow ESMBer of whom i have respect and affection...

Your parting sentence is so egregious, outrageous, abusive; so warped and distorted it might make a casual reader suspect you of being a homosexual of the screaming faggot variety...
Faggots got to scream to you know.