What's new

Jesse Prince, witness to Scientology’s ugliest behavior, spills it all in new book

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Jesse Prince, witness to Scientology’s ugliest behavior, spills it all in new book

About halfway through Jesse Prince’s book, The Expert Witness: My Life at the Top of Scientology, it suddenly dawned on us why we were enjoying it so much — this, we realized, was the book Marty Rathbun should have written years ago.

In 2013, Rathbun, who was once the second-highest ranking official in [...]

About halfway through[.......]

Continue reading...

Good heavens. Chris Shugart, Nathan Rich, Michelle LeClair, and now Jesse Prince, all coming out with their memoirs in such quick succession. How will "Davey and the Ronbots" find the time and manpower to flood the internet with bad reviews on all of these books?

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good heavens. Chris Shugart, Nathan Rich, and now Jesse Prince, all coming out with their memoirs so quickly. How will "Davey and the Ronbots" find the time and manpower to flood the internet with bad reviews on all of these books?
I am part way through my copy....

Meanwhile Flag has sent 3 Volunteer clowns up to the Carolina's on a tourist trip on roads that one of the governors asked people not to travel on and eat food and consume gas and electricity. Will there be another 199,997 Volunteer scientology idiots flooding the Internet with rave reviews of that 3 person 'rescue team'. Got to fill that vacuum ya know with 'theta'.
Just one question.....has a new definition of 'theta' been issued as: theta = idiot thoughts and actions ?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm halfway through it. I wish he'd got someone to proofread it. There are typos on nearly every page. Apart from that it's a good read.

Professionalism is on the decline everywhere, sorry. This sort of thing used to happen once a decade, or even less. Years ago, I heard a BBC short wave news reader mispronounce Hyundai, the Korean conglomerate (she pronounced it as "HI-un-DYE"). Years later, I heard a TV news personality mispronounce the Vietnamese name "Nguyen"; she didn't realize the "N" was silent ("en-GOO-YEN"). And when a tsunami wave overwhelmed the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, I heard that the wave was both 15 feet too high, and also 15 meters too high for the seawall (after about 1982, the USA quit teaching SI ["metric"] units in schools). Wikipedia suggests the wave was really 7.3 to 9.3 meters too high.

When I finally get my copy of Jesse Prince's book I am likely to forgive errors, though, considering this comes from such a high-ranking insider, who confesses to these "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".

And of course, who could forget -- spring 1985, we were watching Doug and Mona - the Channel 10 news team (Columbus, Ohio). She was supposed to announce that the Columbus Zoo had a new "organism", but she left out a couple of letters. What a sexy addition to the Zoo!

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I'm halfway through it. I wish he'd got someone to proofread it. There are typos on nearly every page. Apart from that it's a good read.
True dat. I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. :evillaugh:

(It's Pat Broeker, not Broker, LOL.)

That said, he's very truthful, gritty and layin' it down like it was.

Thoughts . . .
Hubbard was in far worse shape than I imagined in his final years.
We find out why most all the money in the LRH will probably had to
go to the COS
and not the family in any meaningful way. The Mission
Holder theft was very blatant and unapologetic theft by Hubbard
and DM. Miscavige was really a schemer and opportunist all along.
No surprise why he and Marty rose to the top: no consciences at all.

I've always liked and enjoyed Jesse's stories. Good book and fun read
. . . if you're into that kind of thing. :coolwink:

JustSheila

Crusader
Spoiler alert: Jesse mentions you at the beginning of his book, Sheila!❤️
WOW! REALLY?!? Awww, that is so sweet! :love2: I want to read Jesse's whole story! There's so much I don't know. From cult survivor to cancer survivor, man, he's been through it all.

Jesse always had a good heart and always will.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
He says he's writing a second book about what he experienced when he "died". That should generate some good discussions here on ESMB.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Finished the book last night.

I had obtained the kindle version a number of days ago but while preparing to read it I felt I didn't want to subject myself to the possible horrible truths that I expected it to contain.

I finally took it up and in the first few chapters found it an easy read as far as its style but must admit the typographical errors were quite noticeable and numerous, like a lot of my writing..lol.

I won't spill all the beans, but I will say if one ever wants to get some first hand detailed glimpses into the malignant motives and actions which were and are present in both of the Hubbard and Miscavige sociopathic disturbed personalities, this book lays it out.

Very unfortunately those motives and actions gain root and spread destructively throughout the scientology community and beyond.

To a very humongous degree scientology is the opposite of what it presents as itself to its adherents and to the world at large.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire

Scientology is an absurd atrocity.

Thank you Jesse for your expert witness report and it breaks my heart that you had to endure the wrath of a very inhumane organization.

For the moment I would recommend Karen Schless Pressley's "Escaping Scientology" and Chris Shugart's "Fractured Journey" as companion reads which support how dangerous and destructive scientology is to very good people and to society in general.

**ETA: the IRS needs to review the wrongful scientology's exempt status. It was gained through fraud past and present, as these books highlight.

And a question for DM and MR can you see your complicity in the deaths of Lisa McPherson, Flo Barnett, Ron L Hubbard, Mary Sue Hubbard, and the dozens if not more of scientologists who were betrayed by your malignant control and suppression of the whole truth about scientology? I hope someday the Justice departments around the world will convict you of such destruction of hearts, souls, minds and lives. The evidence and the truth keeps coming forward.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It's over 400 pages in paperback so it will take some reading to get through it. I just got mine today and I hesitate to get started as I'm sure it will pull me into reading it obsessively when I have other things I need to get to at this time.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
I enjoyed reading the book. Jesse has an honesty and self examination that's refreshing.
Unlike some other big swinging dicks* who have left. :whistling:

My main takeaway -- and humor me please because I'm beating my favorite dead horse
again
-- there's no way in heck that all the upper management personalities from 1986
onward didn't know everything that happened and everything that had gone on
earlier. All the sordid events, all the secrets, all the crazy crap . . . about Hubbard, MSH,
the non-extant upper levels, the failure of the first OT8, myriad OT deaths, on and on.

Reading directly and between the lines, I could see that the upper management talked
behind closed doors an awful lot about an awful lot. Imagine if you worked in a place for
twenty years -- that's 7300 eighteen-hour days -- with the same folks, more or less. Imagine
the number of closed door conversations you'd have, the water-cooler chats, the late-night
gossip, the 2WCs to try to get some "charge off" with another terminal about something
that was bugging you badly, stuff you'd heard in sessions, etc.

There's no way anyone at the top did not know about the most terrible aspects of the fraud,
the con, but they soldiered on and kept it going. Why? Don't ask me. I left when I found out.

The excuse, "There are some things I didn't find out about until after I left," does not apply to
the upper strata. They knew. They knew it all. This is the kind of people you are dealing with
actually, both those out now and those imprisoned in The Hole for the rest of their lives.

1990-jpg.14501

Marty and Mike could tell 1000X more than they have. They saw and heard much, much
more than they've ever revealed. I sorta suspected this all along, but Jesse's book put it to rest
in my mind what went on. It's just that the knowing criminality, sly evil, and personal enrichment
was something I've always had hard time getting my wits around.

Decent people have a hard time understanding indecency. People with pure hearts have a hard
time comprehending evil. (And so are easily taken advantage of in life at times.)

Anyways, I'm sorry for beating my favorite dead horse again, but this is my main takeaway from
the book -- a bird's eye view of the scheming by all involved for decades. Otherwise the con would
have certainly collapsed around 1986-88.

“There are no innocents. There are, however,
different degrees of responsibility.”
The Girl Who Played with Fire
Millennium Trilogy

Well, read the book. Support Jesse. See what you think.

* big swinging dick -- a big time mover and shaker; a man who feels self-important; a badass.
An expression made famous by Michael Lewis in Liar’s Poker (1989).

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
My copy of Jesse's book just came in the mail. Since I've just finished my weekend work stint, I'm ready to curl up for a good read and hear the truth from a man I know tells it straight from his heart.

Thanks for doing this, Jesse. You're a brave man and a survivor. :blowkiss:

JustSheila

Crusader
Just scanning through the book now - I was far too curious!

I see what Jesse did here. This first book gives the bald hard truth and facts and documentation of what happened from a larger, organizational and legal view. This is the broader expose. Other stories that were in his first draft will be in the second book, which I'm sure will be far more personal.

This is what must have delayed the original book for so long. This is a difficult writing style for Jesse, plus compiling the documentation to support this expose must have taken a tremendous amount of work. It's meaty. This is not a fiction read.

Now, time to dig in... :)

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
More than just typos, I'm afraid. But, like you, I'm enjoying the read.

"A typographical error (often shortened to typo), also called misprint, is a mistake made in the typing process (such as a spelling mistake)[1] of printed material. Historically, this referred to mistakes in manual type-setting (typography). The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger,[2] but excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors, or the flip-flopping of words such as "than" and "then"."

Look at page 34, where he says he "got out of bed and followed the messengers". Then on page 35 he was ordered to "get out of bed that instant" when he was already out of bed.

He uses 'perused' for 'pursued' at least twice. I could go on.

Last edited: