What's new

Make us cringe (using only five words or less) :)

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
1715624097_5973bdd615.jpg

OT

That Operating Tomato has better teeth than Hubbard had.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The device that you mistakenly call a 'nail' is a piece of precision scientific equipment, here employed by the distinguished nuclear physicist and author Dr. Hubbard in his research into the pain threshold of greenhouse tomatoes. We still await the outcome of these studies but I am certain that they will play a major role in our understanding of vegetative life ON THIS PLANET.
When Hubbard arrived at Saint Hill he found a couple of greenhouses and did some research on communicating with plants. He produced tomato plants which grew 18 feet tall and cucumbers the size of watermelons. I have seen photographs of the tomato plants. The picture of Ron with the e-meter and the tomato seems to be an iconic image of his mockers but it was in fact research which produced extraordinary results.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Perhaps you meant this is a tomato after you dropped some of Owsley's acid:

serveimage
Oh, if I could only have been there and on the bus with Kesey and Mountain girl. I stood on Haight Street in December 1980 and thought to myself 'Well, I'm here at last'. Trouble is I was 15 years too late.

strativarius

When Hubbard arrived at Saint Hill he found a couple of greenhouses and did some research on communicating with plants. He produced tomato plants which grew 18 feet tall and cucumbers the size of watermelons. I have seen photographs of the tomato plants. The picture of Ron with the e-meter and the tomato seems to be an iconic image of his mockers but it was in fact research which produced extraordinary results.
Yes, this is absolutely correct, in fact I have documentary evidence of it right here:

cQvH4nX.jpg

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, if I could only have been there and on the bus with Kesey and Mountain girl. I stood on Haight Street in December 1980 and thought to myself 'Well, I'm here at last'. Trouble is I was 15 years too late.
Ya shoulda stayed!!!

WOW!

Did we pull off a lively psychedelic renaissance in the 80's!

strativarius

Well, the season of goodwill to all men will be upon us soon, so what better than to receive a card from our founder?

The hypocrisy in his message almost makes one choke.

Anyway, the five words are:

"A Merry Christmas From Ron."

Cringeworthy enough for ya?

JzQRrQP.jpg

strativarius

When Hubbard arrived at Saint Hill he found a couple of greenhouses and did some research on communicating with plants. He produced tomato plants which grew 18 feet tall and cucumbers the size of watermelons. I have seen photographs of the tomato plants. The picture of Ron with the e-meter and the tomato seems to be an iconic image of his mockers but it was in fact research which
produced extraordinary results.
Not quite 18 feet CP.

It was, perhaps, inevitable that Hubbard would become an expert gardener the instant he moved into the English countryside and the fact that Saint Hill Manor had well-stocked greenhouses undoubtedly helped fire his interest. But his horticultural experiments also helped divert attention from the real reason he had bought the estate: his intention was that it should become the world-wide headquarters of Scientology. Hubbard surmised, no doubt correctly, that the people of East Grinstead were not quite ready for this piece of information.

In August, the Courier reported that the experiments being conducted at Saint Hill by the 'nuclear scientist, Dr Hubbard' promised to revolutionize gardening.[bcolor=#ffff00] By treating seeds with 'radioactive rays' he was growing tomato plants 16 feet high[/bcolor], with an average of 15 trusses and 45 tomatoes on each truss. He had also discovered that an 'infra-red ray lamp' provided complete protection against mildew, a discovery that was likely to save market gardeners 'thousands of pounds'.

The reporter, again, was Alan Larcombe: 'He showed us some very big tomatoes and I remember thinking at the time that anyone could have grown them that size with fertilizers, but he was very keen we should take a photograph of them, so we did."

Source

'Radioactive Rays'! Give us a fucking break. He really must have thought that we were all a bunch of morons.