What's new

Riverside Mission

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>

Ahhaaa was there at and after my time, but I think some few things are a little mixed in his story.

<snip>

The person "Ahaa!" played lead guitar (Gibson SG) in one of the music bands... Jim Hamre did the vocals.
I played lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) in another music band there... Joe Yazbeck did the vocals (Rick Ansert did some).
Roger Coy played percussion for both bands.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Howdy, Chris. Welcome aboard. I was actually Honolulu Mission staff, but Bent Corydon had our mission too for awhile, and alot of Honolulu staff (and public) got sent to R'side as OOT's (outer org trainees) or "reg particles." I was at R'side twice, in 1976 and '77, I think.

Peter and his girlfriend Alyson were in Hawaii for awhile before ending up at R'side.
Did any of you guys in that area ever run into a certain Lori Alexander? She was from the US Virgin Islands - St. Thomas to be precise. If you did I'd be interested to know if she stayed in or whatever became of her.

HCOBO

The Galactic Patrol has landed.
Did any of you guys in that area ever run into a certain Lori Alexander? She was from the US Virgin Islands - St. Thomas to be precise. If you did I'd be interested to know if she stayed in or whatever became of her.
Name does sound familiar. But nothing comes up for where at Riverside yet. Maybe an auditor? I will check my staff list.

HCOBO

What is the calendar date range for your staff list? Just curious.

6 May 1978, likely my last issue before my transfer. It was done after D-Rad was there.

Lori Alexander does not show on that staff list, which includes LOA, and FT Training.
The name is familiar, but I do not remember what happened with her.

HCOBO

Who was D of P on your 1978 Riverside Mission staff list?
(I am curious who replaced Jim Miller after he left staff.)

Rodney Michaelson, DofP, Div-4.
Jim Miller, I remember that name, kind of a beefy guy who looked like he worked out?
I think there were a couple others between.

Reading in the OCMB Riverside thread, Mike challenged how many Auditors. At this time there were 2 lead Auditors (Darci and Yvonne) and 8 Auditors. That was a good thread in 2005/6.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Reading in the OCMB Riverside thread, Mike challenged how many Auditors. At this time there were 2 lead Auditors (Darci and Yvonne) and 8 Auditors. That was a good thread in 2005/6.
Yvonne audited me. Very good auditor. We did a C/S 53 to F/N'ing list, including the Int RD. I think that was in '77 or maybe early '78. The HCOB that changed the way narratives were run came out just shortly before.*

I remember Yvonne's last name as Santana, but I think that was probably her married name. I remember her having another last name, but don't remember what it was. Do you know, @HCOBO? Any chance you can paste a link to that OCMB thread here? I searched for it there, but couldn't find it.

* There used to be no difference in the way you ran narrative or somatic incidents. This HCOB changed it so you ran narrative incidents over and over instead of going earlier like on somatics.

HCOBO

Yvonne audited me. Very good auditor.

I remember Yvonne's last name as Santana, but I think that was probably her married name. I remember her having another last name, but don't remember what it was. Do you know, @HCOBO? Any chance you can paste a link to that OCMB thread here? I searched for it there, but couldn't find it.

It is on the last page, just before one of your posts.. http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=602

Yvonne Prince is what I have, married to Marty Prince I believe. I was not invited to that wedding.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
After I left I read that Marty & Yvonne got married.
(I never knew Yvonne but Marty and I were staff friends before that.)

Apparently, Marty eventually left staff, moved to Orange County, and became a mortgage broker.

Marty was the course sup for the L.A. Org extension (levels 0-4) that was set up near the Riverside Mission in 1970s.
That L.A. Org extension eventually went away (I don't know why).
Then Marty was in Qual staff for the Riverside Mission.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Rodney Michaelson, DofP, Div-4.
Jim Miller, I remember that name, kind of a beefy guy who looked like he worked out?
I think there were a couple others between.

1. Rodney became DofP after I left? He was a HSDC course sup when I was there.

2. From your physical description, I think you might be confusing Jeff Kovack with Jim Miller.

HCOBO

With 35 people in Div 4, the Hats got shuffled often there. That does not include Qual, Div 5.
From some of the posts before, it seems the 9 Div Riverside Org Board has been forgotten.

166 total staff, between the 3 Orgs and LOA/FTT/PT staff, the folks that did amends were shuffled around pretty fast.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>
From some of the posts before, it seems the 9 Div Riverside Org Board has been forgotten.

<snip>
Yes. Bent Corydon changed the Riverside Mission organization structure from 7 divisions to 9 divisions.

IIRC, he did that because, as he said in a staff meeting, Hubbard originally set it up as 9 divisions.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Did any of you get regged to have a credit union account?
(This was the credit union established by the Riverside Mission.)

connected with but not old enough to have had the "privilege" to serve with the riverside mission. Tom and Cathy took it to a whole new level with mission staff in the 80s-2000s ending their run with missions in 2005ish after they were revoked license for my attempted suicide in the melrose mission.

i unlisted my videos due to constant creeps fucking with me in real life and on the internet and every other which way possible, through current exes even.

anyways. marcusleesawyer.wordpress.com will get you all 200 or so videos. this is where i landed when i left. so. this is where i'll link them.

HCOBO

Did any of you get regged to have a credit union account?
(This was the credit union established by the Riverside Mission.)

Yep, but never had much in the account.

From what others are saying, the CU was owned before I knew about it. But I can swear that it was closed and then the word came out that it was bought by a group of the Regs.
That was when Mark Lutofsky and I think Bill (Billy Bud) Butler were on the management board. People would Deposit money and then make loans on the money with interest. That never made sense to me. The Regs would provide the job verifications for most of those loans, saying that the person worked at the mission for much more than the real amount.
In some cases the person was public and not staff.

Scout

Patron

From what others are saying, the CU was owned before I knew about it. But I can swear that it was closed and then the word came out that it was bought by a group of the Regs.
That was when Mark Lutofsky and I think Bill (Billy Bud) Butler were on the management board. People would Deposit money and then make loans on the money with interest. That never made sense to me. The Regs would provide the job verifications for most of those loans, saying that the person worked at the mission for much more than the real amount.
Yes that happened some. Deposits into the CU account allowed loan amounts up to 5 times the deposit amount. That part was legal. The illegal part was falsifying the income paid to the staff member. So unqualified loans were ok'd. Credit union regulators would be pained to guarantee these loans. Think the doc 2 regs looked at it like created money instead of debt on the applicants back. Wonder how many went into default?

phenomanon

Canyon

O MY! Financial Irregularities?