What's new

My next protest sign: Commentary on OT levels

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
Hi,

I'm looking for feedback on my next sign idea. I intend for it to be read by current members as well as understood by the general public. I want to get it out there before Miscavidge releases fabricated levels 9 and 10 and plays them off as if Hubbard actually finished them all.

I would like feedback and corrections/improvements to my current version. Thanks.

Scientology's Broken Bridge

[xtable=400x197]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}OT I{/td}
{td}Huh?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
OT II{/td}

{td}What?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT III{/td}
{td}Xenu did it.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT IV{/td}
{td}Xenu really did it!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT V{/td}
{td}Boy, did he ever!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT VI{/td}
{td}Ok, Ok, we get it.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT VII{/td}
{td}Enough about Xenu already!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT VIII{/td}
{td}Happy now?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT IX{/td}
{td}Error - Not found.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT X{/td}
{td}Doesn't exist. There are no more OT levels...{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT XI{/td}
{td}LRH never finished them!{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT XII{/td}
{td}Oh well. Most couldn't afford them anyway.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT XIII{/td}
{td}Maybe he had writers' block...{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT XIV{/td}
{td}Will Miscavige create forgeries?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}OT XV{/td}
{td}Total Bankruptcy.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

All this for only $99,999,999.99 (plus the price of disconnection)
Get your Broken Bridge today!

I'm leaving out BTs because a) I don't need legal problems, and b) they are too confusing for one protest sign. Also a link to the photo of that mailpack with OT 8 on the itinerary as the last actual OT level would be helpful, I know its around somewhere.

I think a sign about the ot levels is not going to be understood by the general public, only a small % of the population. Now, if you could get a billboard near the complex, I am sure we at ESMB can come up with some choice copy for your bill board that would resonate with the Scientologists that frequent the place.

"Scientology wants to Clear your bank account" for example, with a graphic like this:

empty-wallet.jpg

Mimsey

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
Well what I can do is move the price tag to the top, so the general public will more likely to see the cost and get the point from that, rather than the details of the OT levels. I would expect current members to be the only ones who's attention would be piqued enough to read the whole thing.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I like the idea. Cool

I would use words like ''a lie'' ''a scam'' '' a fantasy'' '' pure fiction'' but certainly write something about MIscavige never done higher OT levels... Google them..never existed...

May be titoled like ''the truth of the bridge '' or the ''scam of OT levels'' also ''How Miscavige is lying to get your money''

Anyway, well done and good luck.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
An interesting challenge!

Who are you trying to reach as your first and primary audience?

Staff members?
Public Scientologists?​
Wogs?​

If it is a protest sign, I would imagine you have a very short window of time for someone to read it, so how much of the sign do you need them to read to get the message. If it was a flyer being handed out that might be different.

As I say, it's a very challenging and fun project to create what is (essentially) an advertisement for an idea that "...Scientology is bad because___________".

I have a lot of very unusual hobbies and interests and one of them is collecting books on PROPAGANDA posters from history and around the world. They had the identical challenge you have--how to reduce the entire message into a COMPACT BLEND OF GRAPHICS & WORDS PUSHING A MESSAGE THAT HITS QUICKLY & EFFECTIVELY LIKE A SHOTGUN.

Other ventures/industries and movements have worked hard on solving that puzzle. One of the most successful is the motion picture industry that ultimately arrived at what we now recognize as the "MOVIE POSTER" or "one sheet" or smaller version called the "Lobby Card".

Over the past century they became brilliantly successful in selling an idea (i.e. the idea "I want to see that!!!") in 1-3 seconds. Eye-stopping graphics and a kill-ass "tag line" that makes you decide you want it.

In your case you are selling the idea "I don't want it!" (lol) You want them to decide they don't want Scientology.

If I was designing a protest sign vs. Scientology directed at non-Scientologists, I would probably isolate ONE (1) thing that would really sour a person in under 3 seconds about the subject. From countless conversations I have had with wogs, I learned one thing I can say that makes people instantly fear/hate Scientology is how much it costs. I simply say to them, "I'll bet you don't know or can't guess how much it costs to do Scientology". . .

They try, I laugh. With each guess signal a thumb moving upwards or say, "try again". lol

They keep going higher. I keep saying, "...more".

Within 20 seconds or so, I save them further agony (or boredom) and just tell them.

"Five-Hundred Thousand Dollars"

After they gasp, laugh or try to find out if i am joking I add a little tag to it. I confide, "Well, at the very very least it is a half million dollars--but often more than a million dollars--and Scientology will keep that secret from you, they'll never tell you or admit it. But it's all over the internet, their pricelist. Or you can simply ask a person who was once in scientology, like me." LOL

That's probably what i would go for a sign with a "teaser" at the top: "I BET YOU CANNOT GUESS HOW MUCH IT ACTUALLY COSTS TO DO SCIENTOLOGY!"

In the middle would be some deliciously viral graphic

At the bottom would be "More than $500,000!"

Than some tag line below that this is Scientologists dirtiest little secret, they'll never tell you. But just ask an ex Scientologist or Google it on the internet.

And I'd hire IL2L to do the graphics. Also $500,000. LOL

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
People can get very complicated and go off in the weeds and do most of the time.

But there's one issue (basic-basic) people need to clarify before they spend
a dime with a for-profit corporation that promises a complete science of the mind,
eradication all mental and physical diseases, and guarantees knowing immortality.

Loosely worded:

The Real Secret of Scientology

Ron Hubbard researches, discovers and promises a science of the mind.

After years of running the procedures on himself, Hubbard develops
dementia and takes his own life in an assisted suicide.

Why don't the leaders of Scientology answer up about this anywhere
in their materials, in the press or in person? This is what they're hiding
from everyone actually.

You'd better ask this question yourself before you spend a dime.

You've been warned.
I mean we can go down a lot of rabbit holes and discuss a ton of minutia, but
this is the real issue. (Sorry to take away your pastime if you like discussing
minutia.)

Here's one of the last public photos of Hubbard from the summer of 1979,
taken just six months before he skedaddled for good out of the public eye.
He does not look good and he's only 69 here.

arthur-2-800-jpg.12648

Maybe 1978?

1978-800r-jpg.12649

Decide for yourself. :shrug:

PS: I'd do the graphic for only $250K. :innocent:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
. . .

Saving this sector of the universe when you're stuck here on a prison planet with all these SP's, DB's, BT's, PTS's, and Psych's can be quite stressful. :eyeroll:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
An interesting challenge!

Who are you trying to reach as your first and primary audience?

Staff members?
Public Scientologists?​
Wogs?​

If it is a protest sign, I would imagine you have a very short window of time for someone to read it, so how much of the sign do you need them to read to get the message. If it was a flyer being handed out that might be different.

As I say, it's a very challenging and fun project to create what is (essentially) an advertisement for an idea that "...Scientology is bad because___________".

I have a lot of very unusual hobbies and interests and one of them is collecting books on PROPAGANDA posters from history and around the world. They had the identical challenge you have--how to reduce the entire message into a COMPACT BLEND OF GRAPHICS & WORDS PUSHING A MESSAGE THAT HITS QUICKLY & EFFECTIVELY LIKE A SHOTGUN.

Other ventures/industries and movements have worked hard on solving that puzzle. One of the most successful is the motion picture industry that ultimately arrived at what we now recognize as the "MOVIE POSTER" or "one sheet" or smaller version called the "Lobby Card".

Over the past century they became brilliantly successful in selling an idea (i.e. the idea "I want to see that!!!") in 1-3 seconds. Eye-stopping graphics and a kill-ass "tag line" that makes you decide you want it.

In your case you are selling the idea "I don't want it!" (lol) You want them to decide they don't want Scientology.

If I was designing a protest sign vs. Scientology directed at non-Scientologists, I would probably isolate ONE (1) thing that would really sour a person in under 3 seconds about the subject. From countless conversations I have had with wogs, I learned one thing I can say that makes people instantly fear/hate Scientology is how much it costs. I simply say to them, "I'll be you don't know or can't guess how much it costs to do Scientology"

They try, I laugh. With each guess signal a thumb moving upwards or say, "try again". lol

They keep going higher.

Within 20 seconds or so, I save them further agony (or boredom) and just tell them.

"Five-Hundred Thousand Dollars"

After they gasp, laugh or try to find out if i am joking I add a little tag to it.

Well, at the very very least it is a half million dollars but ofter more than a million dollars. And they will keep that secret from you, they'll never tell you or admit it. But it's all over the internet, their pricelist. Or you can simply ask a person who was once in scientology, like me. LOL

That's probably what i would go for a sign with a "teaser" at the top: "I BET YOU CANNOT GUESS HOW MUCH IT ACTUALLY COSTS TO DO SCIENTOLOGY!"

In the middle would be some deliciously viral graphic

At the bottom would be "More than $500,000!"

Than some tag line below that this is Scientologists dirtiest little secret, they'll never tell you. But just ask an ex Scientologist or Google it on the internet.

And I'd hire IL2L to do the graphics. Also $500,000. LOL
A sign that truly achieved the effect you described would be worth $500,000 :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

1978-800r-jpg.12649

Hubbard looks like a screen capture from about 23 minutes into Bert Lahr's 3-hour makeup session, before he fully transitions into the cowardly lion. . .

Bert-Lahr-Cowardly-Lion-Actor-Vintage-Free-Image-C-3236.jpg

In Hubbard's case, the movie is called "The Wizard of Cause" and his character is the cowardly liar. I mention this after noting Mary Sue Hubbard's cult VGIs in that photo. Despite thousands of hours of auditing (that increases one's IQ by one point per hour) she apparently still did not have enough street smarts to know that her beloved "2D terminal" was not being entirely truthful when he told her: "Hey, don't worrrrrrrrrrrrry. You worry too much, I told you if you keep your TR-0 in and just do what I tell you, the feds will never catch you and you'll never have to do hard time in a federal penitentiary--while I skate, write fun sci-fi books and disconnect from your DB ass for not making things go right and getting caught!"

HelluvaHoax!

IL2L posted this:

arthur-2-800-jpg.12648

I mean....so what? What's your point?!

Natter, natter natter---where's the freakin' outpoint?!

What I obnose is quite ideal---Dr. Hubbard is quite obviously applying the tech.

OT-TR-0 bullbaited in this case. And he didn't burst out laughing even once while he was pretending to be a galactic savior and loving husband/father---while his family bullbaited the hell out of him by making him come to a birthday party for his kid and pretend that he actually gave a shit about anyone there.

HelluvaHoax!

. . .

posted by IL2L

in their materials, in the press or in person?
This is what they're hiding from everyone actually.
You've been warned.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Damn!

DAMMMN!

That should be a required warning label by the Surgeon General, emblazoned on e-meter cans.

It might very slightly change the auditor's standard pre-session patter:

"Okay, close your eyes for a moment while I take out the auditing cans and place them into your hands. Thank you. Now, I want you to close your hands around the cans and never let the cans out of your grip until the end of session--at which time you'll close your eyes again while I remove them and place them back in the box with all the other highly confidential religious artifacts."

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
. . .
People can get very complicated and go off in the weeds and do most of the time.

But there's one issue (basic-basic) people need to clarify before they spend
a dime with a for-profit corporation that promises a complete science of the mind,
eradication all mental and physical diseases, and guarantees knowing immortality.

Loosely worded:

in their materials, in the press or in person? This is what they're hiding
from everyone actually.
You've been warned.
I mean we can go down a lot of rabbit holes and discuss a ton of minutia, but
this is the real issue. (Sorry to take away your pastime if you like discussing
minutia.)

arthur-2-800-jpg.12648

Maybe 1978?

1978-800r-jpg.12649

Decide for yourself. :shrug:

PS: I'd do the graphic for only $250K. :innocent:
Hubbard is higher than the balloons in that first photo.
Nobody is having any fun in the bottom photo and the baby is thinking "WTF?"

The basic premise of Scientology, other than it's lack of results, is that Scientology touts itself at the most ethical group on the planet, yet it has plenty to hide.

Couldn't those concepts be used?

"Hubbard's wives..."

Add a graphic of Polly, Sara, and Mary Sue, with a red circle and slash through Sara
and this line below it:

"TWTH Precept #22 - Do not commit bigamy"

Or!

"What do Scientology's leaders, L. Ron Hubbard and Dave Miscavage have in common?"

Then have 3 images - the famous before and after pictures of Sara and Hubbard on the sailboat, and Shelly Miscavage

"They both disappeared their wives"

LRHBettySideBySide.jpg
837f15676392a0301d5d69bd192e007c

Another concept - is to use MSH going to Jail. Or Hubbard on the run from the law, process servers, the FBI etc.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Saving this sector of the universe when you're stuck here on a prison planet with all these SP's, DB's, BT's, PTS's, and Psych's can be quite stressful. :eyeroll:
No fukkin' shit sherlock.

Is this Arthur's 21st b'day party?

Who are the people? Is that Suzette on the left?

HelluvaHoax!

Hubbard is higher than the balloons in that first photo.

Nobody is having any fun in the bottom photo and the baby is thinking "WTF?"
LOL

I am still bogged down on that photo and the clay demo of:

"WHY IS HUBBARD'S HEAD 5.4X
LARGER THAN EVERYONE ELSE?"

I keep getting flunked. But, now I am thinking it may have something to do with the concept of "Big Being".

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I was taught that you want 7 or fewer words on a Billboard...4 is better. A graphic that can be seen and remembered in 3 to 5 seconds.

If you want to stretch that...

What does scientology not want you to know? Website. QR code

Then list a link to a website with more information also a QR code link to the site. Then your message can change on the website as often as you want. Make the information short and to the point.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I was taught that you want 7 or fewer words on a Billboard...4 is better. A graphic that can be seen and remembered in 3 to 5 seconds.

If you want to stretch that...

What does scientology not want you to know? Website. QR code

Then list a link to a website with more information also a QR code link to the site. Then your message can change on the website as often as you want. Make the information short and to the point.
That would be good to reach the general public. But if a still-in CoS Scientologist were to see it there's a good chance they'd skip visiting the website so it doesn't come up on their next sec check.