What's new

Why do people think it is necessary to be tolerant of religion?

Briamo94

There is a big difference in Christians and a cult. Csientology is a cult. Christians are not forced to do anything. we live in our own homes with our families.
Why would you be comparing Christians to what that girl had experienced?
I really take offence to that but since you are not a Christian, I guess you just don't know any better.

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
I think this may be a reference to the newest Scientology and the Aftermath special, which is about Jehovah's Witnesses, an ostensibly Christian cult.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Oh, the OP is offended...how very modern...'nuff said.

6009d970c4090136655a005056a9545d

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this may be a reference to the newest Scientology and the Aftermath special, which is about Jehovah's Witnesses, an ostensibly Christian cult.
Seems to be.
There is a big difference in Christians and a cult. Csientology is a cult. Christians are not forced to do anything. we live in our own homes with our families.
I really take offence to that but since you are not a Christian, I guess you just don't know any better.
Seems to be an example of how very smart this Christian is: Can't spell, can't capitalize or figure out punctuation correctly, can't find the correct venue to complain on.

guanoloco

As-Wased
One of my fondest memories was on a forum one time with a Christian. I wish I had captured the posts but I didn't.

I don't recall the debate but the Christian opens with a lofty appeal to the altruism in being a Christian and how it was service to God and Jesus and fellow man and not an individual selfish thing at all.

Of course, the Christian soon was embroiled in the argument and the Christian's last post was (paraphrased):

"Well, at least I'M saved and going to Heaven while the rest of you are going to Hell!!"

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
One of my fondest memories was on a forum one time with a Christian. I wish I had captured the posts but I didn't.

I don't recall the debate but the Christian opens with a lofty appeal to the altruism in being a Christian and how it was service to God and Jesus and fellow man and not an individual selfish thing at all.

Of course, the Christian soon was embroiled in the argument and the Christian's last post was (paraphrased):

"Well, at least I'M saved and going to Heaven while the rest of you are going to Hell!!"
At least you're magnanimous enough to capitalise the 'C'. I can't even bring myself to do that little thing.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
here is a VERY wide spectrum of belief among Christians as to interpretation of scripture, always was and always will be. Various sects get organized around various tenets and doctrines and most, at least at the start, display some characteristics of cults. The more cultlike the group the more likely it's existence will be brief. The "Shakers" would be a prime example of a once dynamic sect which succumbed to it's own doctrine.

Scientology is hampered by Xenu and Helatrobus but it's strengths, auditing and auditor training will likely ensure it's existence.

:scnsucks::ripped::strike::notworking::scnsucks::itstrue::scnsucks::readrules::strike::readfaq::scnsucks:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Scientology is hampered by Xenu and Helatrobus but it's strengths, auditing and auditor training will likely ensure it's existence.

Scientology is hampered by it's inability to deliver what was promised and the mountain of lies told by it's founder.

The lack of awareness amongst Scientologists within CoS of what is happening within their own organization is a clear demonstration that Scientology does not work. It doesn't increase ones awareness along the third or other Dynamics. It doesn't raise IQ 1 point for each hour of auditing. It doesn't create Clears or OT's. It doesn't prevent cancer by smoking more cigarettes. It doesn't reduce the amount of criminality on the planet. Rather, it accomplishes the opposite.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is hampered by it's inability to deliver what was promised and the mountain of lies told by it's founder.

The lack of awareness amongst Scientologists within CoS of what is happening within their own organization is a clear demonstration that Scientology does not work. It doesn't increase ones awareness along the third or other Dynamics. It doesn't raise IQ 1 point for each hour of auditing. It doesn't create Clears or OT's. It doesn't prevent cancer by smoking more cigarettes. It doesn't reduce the amount of criminality on the planet. Rather, it accomplishes the opposite.
Pitsy, when I purchased training all CoS promised to deliver was Standard Tech training.

What was delivered was Standard Tech training.

I was then entirely satisfied with the product I received and I have remained satisfied for more than forty years.

OTOH

I hold my erstwhile brother-in-law Greg Wilhere and Co$ culpable of the wrongful death of my first born son.

I do not believe Greg, whom I both love and respect, would have done what he did, the particulars of which I have yet to publish, had I not been "third partied" to him most particularly by his close friend R. Michael Wisner.

If he and I would do a Standard Tech Third Party Investigation I am certain a happy result would ensue.

Scientology works.

But only if you APPLY!!!! the correct and appropriate tech and/or policy.

As to such hings as "OT"...

I am a very fortunate person having been born with more than average potential which I had gone far in developing even before I began the study of Hubbard's work. There are reasons others don't get nearly as much as I from the study. Some of those reasons are clearly spelled out, others aren't. For instance, the materials do not mention PTS Type "T":

"If it has tits or testicles it is a potential source of trouble."

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
You keep not understanding that IF auditing and IF auditor training were, in some way, useful, the "technology" would be being used outside of the True Believers. And it isn't. Nowhere is it being used as a valuable training tool. NOT ANYWHERE.

You don't have to look far down the road to see if Scientology survives, you can look today. Outside of Scientology's True Believers, absolutely no one uses "auditing" or "auditor training". That makes prediction pretty simple. Nothing today, nothing tomorrow. Seventy years is long enough for good things to have leaked out. "Auditing" and "auditor training" didn't leak out.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Scientology works.

It works?

Then why is it that LRH had access to the very best Scientology practitioner's yet his final years he suffered from all types of medical conditions not to mention mental illness?

Why do Scientologists get cancer, go Type III, commit suicide, and fail 100% of the time to obtain the promised abilities of a Clear and OT?

Just because one person (YOU) was satisfied is not evidence of anything.

If I handed out cups of snake oil to a line of cancer patients, promising them it was a total cure, I guarantee that some of them would be satisfied as well.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
To use a pitiful datum from the cult, in a pitiful context, and my use of this datum in no way means that I think that anything from the "Technology" is valid, but since someone here insists it works, maybe this tag is deserved:

Stuck in a win?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jesus is still pissed off at those fricks that nicknamed him Christ and then started a religion in his nickname.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pitsy, when I purchased training all CoS promised to deliver was Standard Tech training.

What was delivered was Standard Tech training.

I was then entirely satisfied with the product I received and I have remained satisfied for more than forty years.

OTOH

I hold my erstwhile brother-in-law Greg Wilhere and Co$ culpable of the wrongful death of my first born son.

I do not believe Greg, whom I both love and respect, would have done what he did, the particulars of which I have yet to publish, had I not been "third partied" to him most particularly by his close friend R. Michael Wisner.

If he and I would do a Standard Tech Third Party Investigation I am certain a happy result would ensue.

Scientology works.

As to such hings as "OT"...

I am a very fortunate person having been born with more than average potential which I had gone far in developing even before I began the study of Hubbard's work. There are reasons others don't get nearly as much as I from the study. Some of those reasons are clearly spelled out, others aren't. For instance, the materials do not mention PTS Type "T":

"If it has tits or testicles it is a potential source of trouble."
Can't see the forest for the desert.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
It works?

Then why is it that LRH had access to the very best Scientology practitioner's yet his final years he suffered from all types of medical conditions not to mention mental illness?

Why do Scientologists get cancer, go Type III, commit suicide, and fail 100% of the time to obtain the promised abilities of a Clear and OT?

Just because one person (YOU) was satisfied is not evidence of anything.

If I handed out cups of snake oil to a line of cancer patients, promising them it was a total cure, I guarantee that some of them would be satisfied as well.
Exactly.

I realized, some time ago, that it is useless to try to discuss Scientology's "results" on a one-on-one basis. One person, a True Believer, has an opinion. An opinion, by definition, cannot be proven or disproven it is just an opinion.

The way to discuss Scientology "results" is to look at all Scientologists. How many Scientologists show out of human range successes. How many Scientologists are leaders in their field. How many Scientologists provably demonstrate paranormal abilities. How many Scientologists could be considered "extraordinary".

Individuals can and, if they truly believe, will fantasize and imagine, without actual proof, that they have "special" abilities -- but viewing Scientologists as a group will demonstrate the actual "results" from Scientology -- which turns out to be NOTHING.