What's new

She took a DNA test. 14.3% Ashkenazi. Now she’s a Jewish Scientologist. Who celebrates Christmas

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
She took a DNA test. 14.3% Ashkenazi. Now she’s a Jewish Scientologist. Who celebrates Christmas.

Azhlynne's Blog: The Shallow, Shiny Scientologist

https://azhlynne.wordpress.com/2018/12/30/the-shallow-shiny-scientologist/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

There is a recent blog post on the STAND League’s website by a Shannon Burwell that is both naïve and insensitive at the very least. It is also an excellent example of the real lack of understanding by Scientologists for what religion is.

It can be found here in it’s entirety;

Code:
https://www.standleague.org/blog/how-science-helped-me-find-more-religion.html

In her post Shannon writes that through a 23andMe DNA test she “discovers” that she has some distant relationship with the Ashkenazi Jews.

“On one recent Christmas, my mother gave me a “23andMe” test. As I scanned down the results, I saw I was white, white, super-white, couldn’t be more white and

14.3% Ashkenazi

Wow!”

Suddenly she is Jewish.

“As soon as I learned, I announced on Facebook that my Jewish friends should welcome me to the tribe. I was so excited. I now had an entirely new group that I could call my own.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * **

2. You cannot claim membership in or brotherhood with any other religion when your own teachings are heretical to the beliefs and doctrines of those other faiths.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Great blog post. Thanks for sharing!

With some things she wrote I figured she is an ex-scientologist. Was surprised to find she's a never-in.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Great blog post. Thanks for sharing!

With some things she wrote I figured she is an ex-scientologist. Was surprised to find she's a never-in.

She has a great understanding of Scientology. She has recently written some of the most insightful posts about the subject that I've seen.

She also writes from the perspective of a Christian person of faith, which adds something. I say this not a qualification or a limitation of the above, and it is by far not the only reason her posts are insightful. Her perspective does, IMHO, add something.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Stefani Hutchison is a regular on Mike Rinder's blog. She certainly knows how to deal with scientologists when they play the religion angle.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
She took a DNA test. 14.3% Ashkenazi. Now she’s a Jewish Scientologist. Who celebrates Christmas.

Azhlynne's Blog: The Shallow, Shiny Scientologist

https://azhlynne.wordpress.com/2018/12/30/the-shallow-shiny-scientologist/

There is a recent blog post on the STAND League’s website by a Shannon Burwell that is both naïve and insensitive at the very least. It is also an excellent example of the real lack of understanding by Scientologists for what religion is.

It can be found here in it’s entirety;

Code:
https://www.standleague.org/blog/how-science-helped-me-find-more-religion.html

In her post Shannon writes that through a 23andMe DNA test she “discovers” that she has some distant relationship with the Ashkenazi Jews.

“On one recent Christmas, my mother gave me a “23andMe” test. As I scanned down the results, I saw I was white, white, super-white, couldn’t be more white and

14.3% Ashkenazi

Wow!”

Suddenly she is Jewish.

“As soon as I learned, I announced on Facebook that my Jewish friends should welcome me to the tribe. I was so excited. I now had an entirely new group that I could call my own.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * **

2. You cannot claim membership in or brotherhood with any other religion when your own teachings are heretical to the beliefs and doctrines of those other faiths.

The Ashkenazim are not traditional Jewish, they adopted the Jewish religion.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Stefani Hutchison is a regular on Mike Rinder's blog. She certainly knows how to deal with scientologists when they play the religion angle.
OSA likes it when Scientologists publicly identify as being Christian Scientologists or Jewish Scientologists because it creates the illusion that Scientology is compatible with other religions.

Of course there is NO compatibility, and that's great when people like her understand that and educate others.

freethinker

Sponsor
If that were true it wouldn't show up in DNA. You might have heard of this thing called the diaspora, check it out...
While mixing and mingling will likely occur, DNA research has discovered a different origin than claimed.

Genetic Roots of the Ashkenazi Jews
Most Ashkenazi Jews, traditionally believed to have descended from the ancient tribes of Israel, may in fact be maternally descended from prehistoric Europeans.

"The majority of Ashkenazi Jews are descended from prehistoric European women, according to study published today (October 8) in Nature Communications. While the Jewish religion began in the Near East, and the Ashkenazi Jews were believed to have origins in the early indigenous tribes of this region, new evidence from mitochondrial DNA, which is passed on exclusively from mother to child, suggests that female ancestors of most modern Ashkenazi Jews converted to Judaism in the north Mediterranean around 2,000 years ago and later in west and central Europe."

https://www.the-scientist.com/daily-news/genetic-roots-of-the-ashkenazi-jews-38580

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
While mixing and mingling will likely occur, DNA research has discovered a different origin than claimed.

Most Ashkenazi Jews, traditionally believed to have descended from the ancient tribes of Israel, may in fact be maternally descended from prehistoric Europeans.

"The majority of Ashkenazi Jews are descended from prehistoric European women, according to study published today (October 8) in Nature Communications. While the Jewish religion began in the Near East, and the Ashkenazi Jews were believed to have origins in the early indigenous tribes of this region, new evidence from mitochondrial DNA, which is passed on exclusively from mother to child, suggests that female ancestors of most modern Ashkenazi Jews converted to Judaism in the north Mediterranean around 2,000 years ago and later in west and central Europe."

https://www.the-scientist.com/daily-news/genetic-roots-of-the-ashkenazi-jews-38580

Yes, and more specifically... eastern European descent.

The god Yahweh of the Tanakh (i.e. Old Testament) was a tribal god.
So, I am not surprised that they would believe that they are genetically Hebrew.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious

Migrating Jews brought the religion to Europe. They took local wives who adopted the religion/culture. This is not a controversial subject, it is well-known.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Then why did you make it a point to make it an issue?
Not my point. I was refuting YOURS that the Ashkenazi were pure Europeans who for some reason converted to Judaism. Probably a migrating bird dropped a Torah in the village and they all converted. No sex involved :)

freethinker

Sponsor
Not my point. I was refuting YOURS that the Ashkenazi were pure Europeans who for some reason converted to Judaism. Probably a migrating bird dropped a Torah in the village and they all converted. No sex involved :)
I never said they were pure European, I said they were not original Jewish people, big difference.