What's new

Stabbing @ Scio Sydney - 12/2/2019 9:42 PM Central Time USA

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Two thoughts. First, while I've seen no indication of this yet and am not familiar with Australian law (if any) on the subject, it is possible he could be tried as an adult, in which case he could go to prison.

Second, the Court, prosecutor and defense will be interested in what "set him off" both during his mental health evaluation before trial and his sentencing after trial. As to his sentencing, evidence of duress, stress, etc. could lead to a lesser sentence.
I believe that once he is 18 his sentence would be completed in an adult prison (assuming the case gets to court before he turns 18) and he could apply to go to an adult prison before that even as a 16 year old.

I doubt he will be there for long ... I'd be very surprised if he got more than 5 years (with good behaviour he could be out sooner) and may not even go there at all if his mental health results deem him to be unfit.

Leland

Crusader
It doesn't have to make sense.

Apparently he did it.

He will be sent to either a secure mental unit or a Juvenile detention centre (gaol) depending on the results of the psych tests and then deported as soon as his sentence is served (if not an Oz citizen).

Nobody will be interested in what 'set him off' but I imagine many people will hear about this case and run a mile from the cult, so that at least is a positive thing.

That victim and the boy have had their futures severely curtailed but the cult is full of idiots robots who will not have given a second genuinely caring thought about either the victim or the boy, it's all about the cults PR.

I just hope some good comes out of this ... and that people thinking of getting involved (especially from China where the money flow currently is) will give the cult an extra wide berth because they now realise how seriously weird things get behind those gates.
In general, I agree with you ITYIWT.

But I would like to see as much as possible come out in the News...so word of a Murder involving Scientology can get broader News Coverage.

I do find it curious that yesterday a New Charge of Assault was adding against the kid for what ever happened Wed. night...the day prior to the stabbing.

I detect Scientology meddling in that new charge being leveled against the kid.

If he passes the Mental Tests....then he will have a Trial...and he will have an opportunity to defend himself against all charges. What "set him off" will certainly have a airing.

His Attorney will have the right to question all parties involved...which would all be Scientologists....

Scientologist will have to appear in Court and Testify under Oath...

Since he is a minor....perhaps not much of any of this will come out in the News...unfortunately.

But I hope any Scientology "hand" in the proceeding will be something the Judge will watch for closely.

IMO Scientology will work at any way they can to not let the kid talk. (or anyone else for that matter.)

But since I'm assuming the Case will be the "State" vs "the kid" hopefully they will not be able to. (except drilling all their members called as witnesses...) which IMO would be witness tampering...

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
In general, I agree with you ITYIWT.

But I would like to see as much as possible come out in the News...so word of a Murder involving Scientology can get broader News Coverage.

I do find it curious that yesterday a New Charge of Assault was adding against the kid for what ever happened Wed. night...the day prior to the stabbing.

I detect Scientology meddling in that new charge being leveled against the kid.

If he passes the Mental Tests....then he will have a Trial...and he will have an opportunity to defend himself against all charges.

His Attorney will have the right to question all parties involved...which would all be Scientologists....

Scientologist will have to appear in Court and Testify under Oath...

Since he is a minor....perhaps not much of any of this will come out in the News...unfortunately.

But I hope any Scientology "hand" in the proceeding will be something the Judge will watch for closely.

Yes ... and I see it as 'our job' to let the world know what the cult is really like and how it creates a kind of madness in people ... but in a way that doesn't include too much assumption about any specific case.

@scooter is brilliant at conveying the facts while also communicating the reality of cult think.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
He might, true or not, claim he felt threatened and lashed out in self defense and accidently made contact with the victim and did not have intent to kill just defend.

Just a thought.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The language coming out of this is getting curiouser and curiouser. First the facility is helping people with "spiritual disabilities" (read: ancient disembodied alien spirits with drug abuse issues called Body Thetans) and now the Purification Rundown is a "ceremony". If they aren't careful Scientology is going to lose it's marketing positioning as a new spiritual science and sound more and more like something between bad government health care and a good old fashioned cult. I think the lawyers, in a desperate attempt to not appear as what they really are and to gain public sympathy are quickly losing the plot.

If the word "ceremony" did originate from the lawyers and Miscavige accepted this recommendation then it could belie an increasing awareness that the Purif risks crossing the line between religious and medical practice and exposes them to liability.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ntology-struggles-in-nsw-20190112-p50qzy.html

(snip)
It is believed the boy was trying to visit his mother who was undergoing a so-called purification ceremony at the organisation's Australasian headquarters in Chatswood.
(snip)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking they're "officially" calling it a ceremony because it's been labelled by a Court here in Oz (ACT Supreme Court iirc) that the kult couldn't claim any scientific basis for Purification but they could claim religious justification for it. Which of course leaves NarCONon in this country wide-open but no-one in the kult thought of THAT little detail at the time.

It's more obfuscation by the Spin Doctors - their whole strategy on this one is a hodge-podge of dodges trying to somehow snowjob the NSW Police investigating a death. Calling a deceased SO member a "parishoner" is gonna look amazing when this all gets to Court. I think the kult is working on some way of preventing that happening.

Watch this space - I'm sure this one is gonna provide a lot of ripples that'll morph into a kult-krushing tsunami

:drama:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not my research but that of the journo doing the story. I want to see a break-down of the various org.s' financials before I'll believe that the kult is upstat. :biggrin:

This period of increased GI etc. is after the AOSH ANZO is officially opened by Herr DwarferFuhrer so maybe there was an uptick in GI then. Now that there's an AOSH in Africa I daresay we'll see a "downgrade in profit forecast" or some such as AOSH AF is gonna be a lot cheaper than AOSH ANZO and also there has been a steady stream of South Africans coming to Sydney to do OTee levels for years that can now do this without leaving their country = less money to AOSH ANZO.

Which makes the Taiwan Connection even more vital to AOSH ANZO - I mean why is this kid's mum doing the Purif in Sydney when there's several org.s in Taiwan she could have done the same "service?" Had she been doing the Purif there, I doubt we would have had the tragic outcome we now see. And that makes me think that "Management" are uncontrollably defecating about possible consequences to all of this "flap." What happens if the Taiwanese stop coming to Oz for their kult stuff?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not my research but that of the journo doing the story. I want to see a break-down of the various org.s' financials before I'll believe that the kult is upstat. :biggrin:

This period of increased GI etc. is after the AOSH ANZO is officially opened by Herr DwarferFuhrer so maybe there was an uptick in GI then. Now that there's an AOSH in Africa I daresay we'll see a "downgrade in profit forecast" or some such as AOSH AF is gonna be a lot cheaper than AOSH ANZO and also there has been a steady stream of South Africans coming to Sydney to do OTee levels for years that can now do this without leaving their country = less money to AOSH ANZO.

Which makes the Taiwan Connection even more vital to AOSH ANZO - I mean why is this kid's mum doing the Purif in Sydney when there's several org.s in Taiwan she could have done the same "service?" Had she been doing the Purif there, I doubt we would have had the tragic outcome we now see. And that makes me think that "Management" are uncontrollably defecating about possible consequences to all of this "flap." What happens if the Taiwanese stop coming to Oz for their kult stuff?

I am hoping they have an awakening in Taiwan about Scientology. There used to be one lone activist there called CCAS, but he has stopped blogging and now there is no one talking about Scientology. Hopefully that changes.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking they're "officially" calling it a ceremony because it's been labelled by a Court here in Oz (ACT Supreme Court iirc) that the kult couldn't claim any scientific basis for Purification but they could claim religious justification for it. Which of course leaves NarCONon in this country wide-open but no-one in the kult thought of THAT little detail at the time.

It's more obfuscation by the Spin Doctors - their whole strategy on this one is a hodge-podge of dodges trying to somehow snowjob the NSW Police investigating a death. Calling a deceased SO member a "parishoner" is gonna look amazing when this all gets to Court. I think the kult is working on some way of preventing that happening.

Watch this space - I'm sure this one is gonna provide a lot of ripples that'll morph into a kult-krushing tsunami

So, from the Running Program, to the Sweat Program to the Purification Rundown and now the Purification Ceremony. Their concept of what constituted a ceremony used to be narrowly defined by the Ceremonies book but by extension if sitting in a sauna and taking massive doses of niacin is a ceremony then I guess the RPF and locking people in a basement when they are deemed to have a psychotic break could be considered ceremonies. Therefore, what isn't a ceremony now?

Do they really want to go down this road of religious cultural appropriation? Because the ceremony of getting rid of BTs can be called exorcism, IAS donations can be called tithes, statuses can be called indulgences, security checks and committees of evidence become inquisitions, the conditions formulas become self-flagellation, disconnection is shunning, SP declares are excommunication, and people who are injured or die because of neglect, abuse or bad management decisions can be called sacrifices or martyrs.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 10.36.42 AM.jpg

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think this information is new (it's certainly new to me) ... I don't have any real details yet but apparently the most 'able and causative people on the planet' (lol!) are attempting to lay the blame for the murder in Sydney on Leah Remini, presumably due to her and Mikes exposé about how the cofs really operates.

A 'letter' has apparently 'surfaced' (oooh, I bet it has!) which demonstrates that she has 'blood on her hands'.

It sounds as if the OSA goons are working extra hard on their planet saving mission as we all knew they would be.

What a mob of jokers they are.

Edit: More info has come to light ... the letter was written by scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw and sent to A&E network president Paul Buccieri, blaming the network for inciting the January 3 murder of Aaron Yeh in Sydney by putting Leah and Mikes show to air.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Only one News Report out of dozens I've read called the Purif a Ceremony....

Don't know where that came from.

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

From the comments:

sean said:
I will never forget a story from a friend who was interviewed in the CBD many years ago outside the Scientology office. It was usually a 'psychology-styled quiz'. One question was"if he could be anything at all, what he wanted to be". His reply was "an octopus". Frustrated, the scientologist went on to ask "if you could HAVE anything you wanted, repeat, ANYTHING, what would it be?" His reply - "eight legs". Conversation over.

I can relate... :biggrin:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
The "It's all those SPs Remini and Rinder's fault" has got to be the Tactical Nuclear Weapon of footbullets.:woohoo:

I just can't imagine the Faithful being able to "explain" this to family and friends - oh wait, they've disconnected from all THOSE SPs, haven't they?:hmm:

Normally a case like this would've lost media interest within 24 hours because there's a juvenile involved and the eye-witnesses aren't talking. Somehow, the kult has been able to keep this thing running with minimal help from anyone else. Now that's CAUSE PERSONIFIED.:dieslaughing:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
The "It's all those SPs Remini and Rinder's fault" has got to be the Tactical Nuclear Weapon of footbullets.:woohoo:

I just can't imagine the Faithful being able to "explain" this to family and friends - oh wait, they've disconnected from all THOSE SPs, haven't they?:hmm:

Normally a case like this would've lost media interest within 24 hours because there's a juvenile involved and the eye-witnesses aren't talking. Somehow, the kult has been able to keep this thing running with minimal help from anyone else. Now that's CAUSE PERSONIFIED.:dieslaughing:

Exactly! I was delighted when I heard about the latest 'we blame Leah and Mikes show' stunt ... the cofs goons must really believe any publicity is good publicity.

:D

I always thought scientologists were supposed to be 'at cause' and completely beyond being negatively affected in any way by scum of the earth, lowlife, pond dwelling, degraded suppressives like us, but apparently that isn't true and we are causing them to have some very nasty days (poor darlings).

It's good news though and very thoughtful of Karin Pouw to let us all know.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know about Australia but here in Britain Leah Remini is not as well known as she is in the US. I'd never heard of her until she became a scientology critic and I suspect most countries outside of the US know little about her apart from her scientology connection. Therefore by constantly referring to her Aftermath show the CoS is just going to make people curious about her and probably increase the show's ratings.

David Miscavige seems to think he's going to turn world opinion against the Aftermath show whereas all he's doing is giving it publicity and thereby increasing the number of people who want to see scientology shut down. A classic footbullet.