What's new

Is there any good in Scientology?

Gib

Crusader
Our esteem of dianetics is at wide variance Gib.

What's your opinion of Bogart?
having a conversation with you is about on the same level of having a conversation with Don Quixote, and I believe it would be the same with L Ron Hubbard, but he is dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Your story, and dead L Ron Hubbard are the same.

"The story follows the adventures of a noble (hidalgo) named Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to become a knight-errant (caballero andante), reviving chivalry and serving his country, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha. He recruits a simple farmer, Sancho Panza, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with Don Quixote's rhetorical orations on antiquated knighthood. Don Quixote, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

Key phrase being "rhetorical orations" and this:

"does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
having a conversation with you is about on the same level of having a conversation with Don Quixote, and I believe it would be the same with L Ron Hubbard, but he is dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Your story, and dead L Ron Hubbard are the same.

"The story follows the adventures of a noble (hidalgo) named Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to become a knight-errant (caballero andante), reviving chivalry and serving his country, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha. He recruits a simple farmer, Sancho Panza, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with Don Quixote's rhetorical orations on antiquated knighthood. Don Quixote, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

Key phrase being "rhetorical orations" and this:

"does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

Don't know as I'd ever claim to see the world as it is but I've every right to live out a knightly story both by blood and by conviction.

I'm a Birdwood. Our family geneology traces to the Domesday Book and I am a scion, for better and for worse, of a long line of British knights. General Sir William Birdwood was a highly regarded general of The Great War. The wisdom of scripture, our Constitution and the common good have ledme to stand in harm's way an the multiple scars I wear were not the product of rhetoric

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes — and I suggest what is called The OT Library and That is just to start with ~ there is a set of volumes which has his entire collected written works and for what you are achieving already by posting here I strongly suggest The SHSBC ♦ Done on the deck of MV Freewinds you can have accommodations for only those who can handle truth → in 10 minutes I might be able to catalog ten of these things that I have been in ← this is a good one & I do not consider Pat Broker or the materials written by others to be a sufficient replacement for what others have suggested here as I breezed through THE ENTIRE ADVANCED MATERIALS that have the supposedly scary III Materials finding nothing new that I had not considered in what other practices describe as The Awakening ~ somewhat resembling a Cog { cognition in the literature } we have these somewhat occasional blowout moment which have HV Theta as an almost Pure Wave

♦ I looked for and never found Cannibals - in the formalized Scientology Practice though it is vaguely discussed inter-alia in HOM == I latched onto SOS like Clay Pigeon and have considered other works as Primate — such as 8-80 — but the current work as it is being directed by DM is only an REIT

For example the 75 million year thing is the Kt Impact Crater and Wall of Fire can thus be found to be a very normal Paleontology study but the Routine 6 End Words gets in to or is said to be the Sedona thing which is the only thing that can even produce a somatic on me and this is a very-heavy one — that I have studied — and find Hubbard-s off-world pulp-fiction to be lacking for real value where it can be found ♦ Given that any explanation of BT in the context of Space Opera cannot be supported by what has occurred on this dust-ball; It can only be that exotics beyond what he authored are the true facts and that can be very heavy just like he says ○ such things as the Lockjaw produced by the machines described in exotic upper-indoc literature are — for me — mild comparable to the blowout that can be achieved by really discovering what is going on

Hubbard is nothing all that special as a Melchizedek goes yet he is onto something
Never mind the cannibals...

Go for the cannabis!!!

Gib

Crusader
Don't know as I'd ever claim to see the world as it is but I've every right to live out a knightly story both by blood and by conviction.

I'm a Birdwood. Our family geneology traces to the Domesday Book and I am a scion, for better and for worse, of a long line of British knights. General Sir William Birdwood was a highly regarded general of The Great War. The wisdom of scripture, our Constitution and the common good have ledme to stand in harm's way an the multiple scars I wear were not the product of rhetoric
myself, I'm a Furian, defiant to the end, not of this planet.

https://riddick.fandom.com/wiki/Furyans

I bow to no man.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
As everything "good" in Scientology invariably leads to much more that is "bad" the conclusion would be that nothing in Scientology is good or at least purely good.
The good that you think you've found is no more than bait arranged carefully to entrap you further into the core of the onion that is Scientology.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is a good example of how a mentally ill, conscience free, con artist can become rich and relatively famous.

However, it seems that some exes still seek a replacement for LRH's like in their lives.

Last edited: