What's new

The Tone Scale: How Valid Is It?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Oh, you drove him away. You FUCKING SPs. No, don't, no, don't try to console me. Leave me alone. I just need to be alone right now (sob).

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Do I need to discontinue my short hand if I wish to be understood?
<snip>
The practice of utilising what you call 'shorthand' originated back in the very early days of computing when memory space was at a premium and memory itself was extremely expensive. To continue to use it in this day and age is nothing but utterly ludicrous.

JustSheila

Crusader

I have decided to leave this group. I was foolish to think I had enough in common w/y'all to converse. It's possible there r some thinkers here, but the noise to signal ratio in this space is too high for me. Bet there's 1 or 2 (or more) of u w/whom good conversation could eventually come about. Bye. Clear skies to ya, mateys.
Yes, and keep your thoughts and sentences coherent, too.

There is apparently some hangup between your decision to leave and you leaving. Trouble with those OT postulates, or just difficulty coordinating your words with your actions? :coolwink:

Seemed to me a pretty easy thing to do that just anyone could manage. Oh well. So much for OT powerz. :shrug:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Oh, you drove him away. You FUCKING SPs. No, don't, no, don't try to console me. Leave me alone. I just need to be alone right now (sob).
This guy appeared right about the time another guy who wrote unintelligibly left.. Someone at OSA is probably having fun.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
This guy appeared right about the time another guy who wrote unintelligibly left.. Someone at OSA is probably having fun.
I wonder whether OSA still dare to use their OWN staff to troll these boards. If they do, I wonder whether there are any instances of OSA trolls, through reading the internet, realising they are being scammed, and leaving the CoS. What kind of programming do these trolls receive in order to keep them in the fold? They must be told all kinds of stories about people on these boards, in order to nullify the information they are getting. I bet they are sec checked all the time, and watched closely for signs of disaffection.

If they had any sense, they wouldn't use SO members for trolling. What they should do is PAY a public Scientology OT to do the job full time. That way, they are less likely to leave the church as a result of what they read, since they will be reliant upon the salary.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder whether OSA still dare to use their OWN staff to troll these boards. If they do, I wonder whether there are any instances of OSA trolls, through reading the internet, realising they are being scammed, and leaving the CoS. What kind of programming do these trolls receive in order to keep them in the fold? They must be told all kinds of stories about people on these boards, in order to nullify the information they are getting. I bet they are sec checked all the time, and watched closely for signs of disaffection.

If they had any sense, they wouldn't use SO members for trolling. What they should do is PAY a public Scientology OT to do the job full time. That way, they are less likely to leave the church as a result of what they read, since they will be reliant upon the salary.
Tory Christman is probably the most well-known OSA agent who flipped. Her story is on the internet somewhere. I think she was actually a member of public working for OSA at the time.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The texting abbreviations were developed because of limited space for SMS messaging and when typing on a small device with a limited keyboard. This isn't SMS. Your unique shorthand abbreviations make your comments hard to read and are impolite.
I have decided to leave this group. I was foolish to think I had enough in common w/y'all to converse. It's possible there r some thinkers here, but the noise to signal ratio in this space is too high for me. Bet there's 1 or 2 (or more) of u w/whom good conversation could eventually come about. Bye. Clear skies to ya, mateys.
Of course, those who disagree with you are ... non-thinkers. Of course. :duh: Disagreement with your wonderful opinions are ... noise. :duh:

Yeah, those who cannot tolerate disagreement should probably not post here. Try a freezone site.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
gone b4 his time...barely nu u...bu-hu...

chickenchangemanagement.jpg

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was it the chart of attitudes? Wasn't that across the org board?
No those were the awareness characteristics.

There was a chart of attitudes from the early 50's.

and then there were the LX lists...

Just saying its seems like arrogance or pride would be more of an attitude than an emotion. And who cares about the tone scale - I'm feeling cheerfully apathetic about it right now.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Just saying its seems like arrogance or pride would be more of an attitude than an emotion. And who cares about the tone scale - I'm feeling cheerfully apathetic about it right now.
Pride is one of the strongest emotions going. When I had a great day in sales I caught myself in the mirror and I was swelling with SOMETHING not on the tone scale, probably Pride. Maybe it should be called Victory. If someone's giving you an excuse or something to believe, maybe after a negotiation, and you see a brief flash of victory in their eyes, it means you've just been had.

phenomanon

Canyon
No those were the awareness characteristics.

There was a chart of attitudes from the early 50's.

and then there were the LX lists...

I remember those LX lists. Those were good auditing lists.