What's new

Positive Things - It Helps

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I think that's where they play the American version of rugby.

Ah, thanks for that vital piece of information.

What kills me is their 'World Series'. I don't know if it's world series basketball, tiddlywinks or crown green bowls, but hardly anybody else is involved. Some 'world series'. :biggrin:

I know that it's baseball really, but don't tell anyone.

Last edited:

strativarius

I think that's where they play the American version of rugby.
In fact of course we know what the Super Bowl is. I've already said that I'll be rooting for the Rams on Sunday but I only say that to wind CP up since he supports the New England Patriots Patriarchs. If the truth be known I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins. :biggrin:

ETA: I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins the English football league championship either - whether it's Man City, Liverpool, Spurs or Bournemouth (highly unlikely). There are precious few English players or managers in the top flight of the game these days and these people earn obscene amounts of money while holding the real grass-roots fans of the game in contempt. Fuck 'em.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
In fact of course we know what the Super Bowl is. I've already said that I'll be rooting for the LA Rams on Sunday but I only say that to wind CP up since he supports the New England Patriots Patriarchs. If the truth be known I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins. :biggrin:
Yes, I'm for the Rams simply because I don't like cheats . . . The Pats have been caught out doing nasties twice to my knowledge.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Having a few special people in my life that I can trust and who accept me exactly as I am (most of the time anyway, lol).

Sharing life with my beautiful dogs and looking after them each day.

The countryside ... the air, flowers and plants, trees and the feeling of endless space.

The ocean and the seashore on a wild, windy day ... invigorating!

Swans, geese, owls, robins, crows, magpies, parrots ... all birds.

A warm bath or shower on a cold day and a cold one on a hot day using lovely natural soaps and skin oil.

Music, dancing and singing, I've used music all my life to lift my mood when needed.

ESMB ...that goes without saying really.

Waking up to pouring rain and being all tucked up while listening to it hitting the roof.

Crisp, air dried linen on a newly made bed, I even enjoy the process of making it.

Natural fragrances ... various essential oils, vanilla beans, spices and freshly ground coffee.

Walking, hiking and gazing at animals wandering freely in the fields.

Old buildings that are full of character and charm.

Horses, donkeys, goats and pigs ...

Collecting salads, herbs and fruits from the garden as I need them ... and cutting roses, lavender, blue agapanthus and other flowers for my vases early in the morning.

Reading and the feeling of being totally immersed in a book (a proper book with pages made of paper!).

Sewing by machine and by hand.

Baking and cooking ... when the mood takes me and not because I have to.

Finding vintage fabrics and treasures, bringing them back to life and using them.

Being at an age where trivia no longer concerns me (if it ever did) ... knowing who I am and that I will never again feel mentally or spiritually trapped.

Accepting the mistakes I've made and owning them.

Finally (after decades of working) being able to call my time my own and loving every single moment of it.

Edit: Lol ... I think I may have slightly morphed into Julie Andrews (thank-you Stratski for pointing that out) but I don't care (much) because I meant every word and have even more to add concerning chocolate and spoons full of honey!

:D

Last edited:

Iona

Patron
I know everyone has different things that keep them "positive" moving "forward" or however you think of it.
Some may call it sappy, not real, la-la land stuff - but it helps me. We all have challenges from paying the bills, to cleaning the house, leaving the past behind, etc. From a journal, to hiking, to __________. What helps one may help others -

Today this quote landed for me... "The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett

What keeps you moving forward? What makes you feel positive? If no one is interested I will let this die.. but if you want to share you never know who else is needing a boost today.

:)
An open mind and an open heart.

strativarius

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

And if you believe that you'll believe anything. :biggrin:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

And if you believe that you'll believe anything. :biggrin:
lol, you took the thought right out of my head.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, I'm for the Rams simply because I don't like cheats . . . The Pats have been caught out doing nasties twice to my knowledge.
bah!

cheating?

nothing even close to the giants engineering "the miracle of coogan's bluff" in '51 by stealing the other catcher's signals

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I had to give up motorcycles due to back/neck issues... BUT

Kayaking
Hiking
Mountain Biking
Swimming/Snorkel... lake, river, ocean
Volunteering for causes I believe in.. making a difference in the real word - not on a cloud.
And torturing fire ants... I love torturing fire ants, it gives me much pleasure to inflict pain and terror on them.

I know I will not change the world... BUT I can enjoy the world and make a small difference while I am in it....

These are a few of my favorite things ~*~*~*~*

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I guess I should mention that I get a thrill out of watching documentaries about serial killers. Kumbaya!

JustSheila

Crusader
Super chicken wings of an unprecedented order of magnitude....trillions of chicken wings
13373414.jpg

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!