What's new

Can the CofS survive without Miscavige?

Iona

Patron
I'm sure this discussion has been had before, but it's an interesting one.

I doubt that it can survive in its present form.

Without the constant fear generated by Miscavige, I doubt that the cowed and passive drones would be able to hold things together.

I imagine it might continue as something much smaller than its already tiny form.

Who would he choose as a successor?

Nobody, because every other living human is a useless idiot in his opinion.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some 22 yr old COB wanna be lurking in the shadows waiting for his chance. Probably not.

Can it survive without him? I don't see why it couldn't. Probably would do far better without the midget SP at the helm.

Iona

Patron
Some 22 yr old COB wanna be lurking in the shadows waiting for his chance. Probably not.

Can it survive without him? I don't see why it couldn't. Probably would do far better without the midget SP at the helm.
Yes, I think it will around for a long time yet and just gradually decline.

Maybe when Miscavige dies they'll have his foul language and spit preserved for the ages.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Sure, the COS can survive without Miscavige.

In the same way the COS survived without Hubbard.

The COS can follow the same successful action.

The COS (Crimewave of Scientology) simply has to post a suitable crime-wave criminal.

PRO TIP: There is a rich recruiting pool of high qualified candidates to choose from in the NOI.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Scientology is like the life cycle of a star. It's past its red giant phase of the 70/80's. The current state it's in is the white dwarf stage. Once the white dwarf collapses in on its own gravity of crimes it'll end up a black hole of nothingness.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
"Can Rosicrucianism survive without Christian Rosenkreuz?"

Question found posted on a reddit-style Internet blog back in 1450,
shortly after the death of Christian Rosenkreuz, the legendary founder
of the Rosicrucian Order (Order of the Rose Cross). Vigorous debate
followed for weeks and hundreds of comments.

Answer to the question: Well, yes. :yes:

Rosicrucianism is a collection of thick books -- intellectual properties --
which were read and monetized for centuries to follow. Of no value or
questionable value, but thick books nonetheless. I guess that's the
main attraction.

They do offer hope to people for leading another life other than the one
they're currently experiencing.
:shrug:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
[xtable=skin1|bcenter|300x200]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=290x@}
rosicrucian-egyptian.jpg
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Rosicrucian Temple
[xtable=skin1|bcenter|300x200]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=290x@}
13266257873_a428b9b593_b.jpg
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Scientology Church (Saint Louis)

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm sure this discussion has been had before, but it's an interesting one.

I doubt that it can survive in its present form.

Without the constant fear generated by Miscavige, I doubt that the cowed and passive drones would be able to hold things together.

I imagine it might continue as something much smaller than its already tiny form.

Who would he choose as a successor?

Nobody, because every other living human is a useless idiot in his opinion.
I agree. Miscavige has destroyed anyone who had the slightest ability. If Miscagive left, it is possible one or more people would claim the COB position, but there would never be any agreement among the faithful as to who was valid. The church would fragment and disappear.

Independent Scientology would survive but always remain tiny.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I agree. Miscavige has destroyed anyone who had the slightest ability. If Miscagive left, it is possible one or more people would claim the COB position, but there would never be any agreement among the faithful as to who was valid. The church would fragment and disappear.

Yes, but what are the chances of Miscavige ever leaving? Like most despots and dictators he is so drunk on the power and influence he has he probably finds it impossible to quit while he's ahead and retire to a quiet life on a private island somewhere and enjoy the spoils of his mastery over the scientology universe.

For my money he'll be clinging onto whatever remains of the CofS until his dying breath.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Agreed, I don't think the dwarfenfuher will ever leave, he'll be there until his health fails and is fitness boarded out on his ass (lol, wouldn't that be fitting). He'll be in control til death do us part.

Co$ is tiny now. And shrinking further with every revolution of the planet. They are clearing the planet -- of themselves. :D

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, but what are the chances of Miscavige ever leaving? Like most despots and dictators he is so drunk on the power and influence he has he probably finds it impossible to quit while he's ahead and retire to a quiet life on a private island somewhere and enjoy the spoils of his mastery over the scientology universe.

For my money he'll be clinging on to whatever remains of the CofS until his dying breath.
I also doubt he would willingly leave. If he did leave, I'll bet he'd keep control of all property and money -- leaving CoS bankrupt.

However, I agree that the only way he'd leave is dead or dying.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I also doubt he would willingly leave. If he did leave, I'll bet he'd keep control of all property and money -- leaving CoS bankrupt.

However, I agree that the only way he'd leave is dead or dying.
Yes, obviously he'd grab whatever he could for himself if he did decide to call it a day, but it seems to be a trait of these pychos that they build enormous monuments to themselves and amass untold wealth via corruption on an industrial scale while leaving the lesser mortals impoverished and in misery, and find it almost impossible to relinquish their grip on power.

Me, I'd settle for a much quieter life with a bit of peace of mind knowing that I haven't got to be looking over my shoulder every moment of the day wondering who in my retinue is going to try and stab me in the back at an opportune moment. That paranoia is just something I would quite happily live without.

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Look at how it's surviving with the dwarf.
Without the dwarf I think it would fracture pretty quickly with many factions, each claiming to have the only True Tech.
Either way it's fun to watch isn't it? :popcorn:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientology is like the life cycle of a star. It's passed its red giant phase of the 70/80's. The current state it's in is the white dwarf stage. After the white dwarf passes on it'll be a black hole of nothingness.
LOL. Damn, that was so good!

I hope that others shall note & enjoy the witty wordcraft of those colorful allusions as much as I did.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

. . .
"Can Rosicrucianism survive without Christian Rosenkreuz?"

Question found posted on a reddit-style Internet blog back in 1450,
shortly after the death of Christian Rosenkreuz, the legendary founder
of the Rosicrucian Order (Order of the Rose Cross). Vigorous debate
followed for weeks and hundreds of comments.

Answer to the question: Well, yes. :yes:

Rosicrucianism is a collection of thick books -- intellectual properties --
which were read and monetized for centuries to follow. Of no value or
questionable value, but thick books nonetheless. I guess that's the
main attraction.

They do offer hope to people for leading another life other than the one
they're currently experiencing.
:shrug:
Thick books, LOL.

I would think it is a safe bet that Hubbard modeled his surreal-cosmic-mystery advertisements after the Rosicrucian's.

101c8af9ff629fc5ca06c9aa633a3a4a--popular-mechanics-freemasonry.jpg

I would imagine it is no coincidence at all that the ad above appeared in POPULAR MECHANICS, and Hubbard noted it and followed suit. The cults that boldly claim to have "discovered the answers to all the mysteries of the physical universe" certainly do attract ENGINEERS, and Scientology had a hell of a lot of those who signed up.

Perhaps those, whether engineer or otherwise, who have a real passion and quest to discover what's behind the mystery of life were an easy target of acquisition because their own desire to learn was used to entrap them.

The following could very easily be ads for Scientology. . . .

35098422955_a6197390b3_b.jpg

s-l300.jpg

AND THEN THERE IS THIS. . .

THAT COULD BE FROM EITHER ONE

OF THE SCI-FANTASY CARTOON CULTS

amorc-pulp1.jpg

Trust us, even though we advertise in kids' cheapo sci-fantasy comic books,
we know all the answers to unlock unstoppable universal powers that can
make you too a God! We are forced to promote like this because that's
the only way that Gods can think of to convince people.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Yes, obviously he'd grab whatever he could for himself if he did decide to call it a day, but it seems to be a trait of these pychos that they build enormous monuments to themselves and amass untold wealth via corruption on an industrial scale while leaving the lesser mortals impoverished and in misery, but find it almost impossible to relinquish their grip on power.

Me, I'd settle for a much quieter life with a bit of peace of mind knowing that I haven't got to be looking over my shoulder every moment of the day wondering who in my retinue is going to try and stab me in the back at an opportune moment. That paranoia is just something I would quite happily live without.
I suspect that he fears what his life would be like without the staff he can assemble to protect his ass from those he's destroyed and defrauded. Without sea org slaves to surround himself with he'd have to stand on his own and be his own protector and that just wouldn't do!
His next between lives slap-down probably frightens him more than anything else! Can't hide what one's guilty of from them!

HelluvaHoax!

Without the dwarf I think it would fracture pretty quickly
with many factions, each claiming to have the only True Tech.
Unless. . .

All Scientologists worldwide are ordered to attend a "mandatory briefing".

At that internationally televised event after the bugle & marching corps have flamboyantly performed, the lights dim and a hush sweeps across the auditorium.

Out strides Louis Farrakhan in a naval costume adorned by 30 pounds of impressive medal-bling.

He solemnly informs the perplexed Scientologists (whose F/Ns have momentarily stopped) that COB has shed his impediment and joined the Commodore at Target III.

Terrified Scientologists look around at each other, desperately seeking reassurance.

Then Farrakhan r-factors them that Target III is way better than Target II.

All Scientologists worldwide leap to their feet in jubilant applause and cheers. The ovation grows even wilder when the massive backdrop curtains part to reveal--a 40 foot high triptych portrait with Hubbard/Miscavige/Farrakhan.

Their F/Ns rehabilitated & restored, they are then all body routed to one of the vending booths where they are required to buy a smaller version of that triptych for personal use. The new policy (which Scientologists are shown in writing) actually requires they buy two (2) tech triptychs, one for home and one for work. But, in celebration of COBs ascendency, each buyer is given a free bonus gift, a bow tie.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I predict that he will follow these instructions in the essay The Responsibility of Leaders which WAS his favorite LRH essay.

"When you move off a point of power, pay all your obligations on the nail, empower all your friends completely and move off with your pockets full of artillery, potential blackmail on every erstwhile rival, unlimited funds in your private account and the addresses of experienced assassins and go live in Bulgravia and bribe the police."