What's new

Can the CofS survive without Miscavige?

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Agreed, I don't think the dwarfenfuher will ever leave, he'll be there until his health fails and is fitness boarded out on his ass (lol, wouldn't that be fitting). He'll be in control til death do us part.

Co$ is tiny now. And shrinking further with every revolution of the planet. They are clearing the planet -- of themselves. :D
One can only hope.

I'll be waiting with the Vistaril and Thorazine….

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...ges&simid=608027265839861040&selectedIndex=76

Wedinn

Patron
. . .

[xtable=skin1|bcenter|300x200]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=290x@}
13266257873_a428b9b593_b.jpg
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Scientology Church (Saint Louis)
Is that a mason symbol? Have Scientologists found some friends to share a building with, or is it just a recycled mason lodge with a SCN sign slapped on it?

It's a recycled Masonic building. It reminds me of that old episode of The Simpsons where Springfield's elite are gathered around a large table, as if they are at a meeting of a "secret society". Mayor Quimby, Police Chief Wiggum, Krusty the Clown, Kent Brockman, Kodos and Kang, they are all raising a glass of ale and singing. "Who keeps the metric system down, WE DO, WE DO !!"

I can only imagine LRH being gathered around that table too. I'm sure he would have thought himself deserving. I wonder if Nancy Cartwright could have gotten him a seat at that table, if he were still alive when that episode was written?

Last edited:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Very excellent, savvy rundown. I'll add one more financial instrument
to the mix: COS Estate Management Services.

Goes like this. Set up your entire estate planning to be handled by COS
Trust Services located in an off-shore country. When you die, the entirety
of your estate passes on to the COS free of any taxes and is held in an
"advanced services" account for you to use for your Bridge next lifetime
when you return and your identity is verified by folder inspection.

In essence, this is an effective and foolproof way of moving all your assets
from this lifetime into the next. All your services will be paid for when you
return next lifetime. You'll have no worries at all. You will "make it."

Why give you money to your kids and greedy relatives, when you could
secure your eternity. This is your one chance in all of infinity.

Set up properly, this could be a bigger money maker than the current
COS business plan. Imagine all the true believers funneling all their now
healthy estates to the COS when that final day comes. And the COS won't
have to deliver on those "APs" for at least 20-25 years. Well, maybe never.

9169b4ec0fa7de86d9c987417bbec9c8--cash-money-big-money.jpg

Back office operations of COS
"Infinite Future Trust Services"

:coolwink:
Woe betide anyone who signs up for that: once signed up, church management have every incentive to gently encourage you to try process R2-45.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
PRO TIP: There is a rich recruiting pool of high qualified candidates to choose from in the NOI.

I think you just described the most likely scenario. Miscavige got on top by being the guy who operated for LRH, after LRH was too out of it to function. Learning from his own path to power, he was ruthless and willing to destroy anybody who might be capable of actually trying to run things. Even his own wife, Shelly.

If DM drops dead, Farrakhan will take over. He will just have his people walk into every management office and announce the new reality. Farrakhan will not hesitate to use violence and murder if necessary, and he has a history of getting away with it.

Iona

Patron
Its more than likely that everyone who has worked close to Miscavige is suffering from PTSD to varying degrees.

He has a policy of 'breaking' people, it seems.

So none of them will be highly functional and capable.

Hence no successor along the lines of Hubbard and Miscavige.

It would have to be someone completely different.

All I see in my crystal ball is a lot of nothing.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
People posting in this thread are mixing it up wit HelluvaHoaxes yearly Prediction thread.

:hysterical:

CaliMule

Work Hard and Bray
David Miscavige, incompetent and nasty as he is, is still a lot better than the majority of Popes who ever reigned over the Roman Catholic church, competent and humane Popes being a profoundly modern innovation.

He's more rational and well spoken than a lot of fundamentalist Christians and a lot less harmful to human lives and human rights than fundamentalist empire builders like Lester Roloff, etc.

He's proven more capable of handling a transition in power than the Armstrong clan was, Herbert to Ted Garner. Plain Truth (once one of the world's most widely circulated periodicals) is now past tense and Ambassador College is being peicemeal dismantled for developers. Hells bells, Herbert Armstrong's astonishingly bad track record at ever making a successful prophetic prediction was never as fatal as the wishy washy successorship attempts by Ted Garner Armstrong to become more like churchianity. Both Hubbard and Herbert Armstrong died in the mid-80s: whose legacy still stands?

When compared to declared Scientology objectives and values, he's an abomination and can't hold loyalty of many and expand that base while Hubbard's more idealistic writings remain in circulation, but compared to many other religious leaders he's not actually that horrid in terms of survival of his institution.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Close, but that's not exactly what Polonious said. :biggrin:
Some sound advice given at a farewell:

Yet here, Laertes! aboard, aboard, for shame!
The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
And you are stay'd for. There; my blessing with thee!
And these few precepts in thy memory
See thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell: my blessing season this in thee!

CaliMule

Work Hard and Bray
Never follow anyone would be my advice.
Because I was once affiliated with Scientology, I should forego the advantages of associations which involve leadership and followers? Even if you try to implement that advice by doing the sitting on a mountaintop aloof from the world thing, you are STILL following the example of others who have done it before. And there's almost infinite points before getting to that degree of isolation which involve affiliating with people in a way in which one person knows and another person desires to know what the first does - "follow" them.

Seriously, this solution-as-a-perfect-trap advice is something to be overcome, not adopted and ... ahem ... "followed".

Gib

Crusader
David Miscavige, incompetent and nasty as he is, is still a lot better than the majority of Popes who ever reigned over the Roman Catholic church, competent and humane Popes being a profoundly modern innovation.

He's more rational and well spoken than a lot of fundamentalist Christians and a lot less harmful to human lives and human rights than fundamentalist empire builders like Lester Roloff, etc.

He's proven more capable of handling a transition in power than the Armstrong clan was, Herbert to Ted Garner. Plain Truth (once one of the world's most widely circulated periodicals) is now past tense and Ambassador College is being peicemeal dismantled for developers. Hells bells, Herbert Armstrong's astonishingly bad track record at ever making a successful prophetic prediction was never as fatal as the wishy washy successorship attempts by Ted Garner Armstrong to become more like churchianity. Both Hubbard and Herbert Armstrong died in the mid-80s: whose legacy still stands?

When compared to declared Scientology objectives and values, he's an abomination and can't hold loyalty of many and expand that base while Hubbard's more idealistic writings remain in circulation, but compared to many other religious leaders he's not actually that horrid in terms of survival of his institution.
are you kidding me, you must a dufus.

There are no clears or OT's and comparing scientology to a religion is just dufus. It's a god damn PR/Rhetoric/Marketing scam.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
are you kidding me, you must a dufus.

There are no clears or OT's and comparing scientology to a religion is just dufus. It's a god damn PR/Rhetoric/Marketing scam.
I don't follow. You say Scientology is not a religion, and then give us the principal characteristics of a successful religion. Did a sentence get chopped off the end of your post?

Did you mean to say something like "It's a god damn PR/Rhetoric/Marketing scam, but nevertheless it doesn't worship a god, so it can't be a religion."