What's new

I still feel like a scientologist when...

Irayam

Patron with Honors
I still feel like a Scientologist when...

I'm starting this thread because I'm curious to know if it happens also to you to be a little bit of a scientologist sometimes...

As for you probably, the process of deprogramming scientology ideas and mentality took time for me. It is not when you leave the cult that you become a "WOG" again.

It has now been almost 30 years since I turned my back on LRH theories. And yet, sometimes I still feel like a scientologist when:

When I request an acknowledgement for my communication. Sometimes I say something to my wife and I repeat my communication to her because she does not acknowledge (although I know she heard me...). When it happens, I'm thinking, " oh no! Stop acting like a scientologist! »:faceslap:

Sometimes I imagine a certain future (positive or negative) and I think to myself "it's a postulate, I hope it’s going to happen (or not happen) Pffff! « Stop acting like a scientologist! »:no::nono:

So, as you see, almost 30 years after leaving Scientology, I still behave like a scientologist sometimes !:scratch:

What about you? Does that happen to you too?

Irayam

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Yeah, @Irayam, I’ve done both of those. Sometimes I wish I could train the hubs to go at least “uh-huh” when I say something. And I’m 35 years out. At least I’m over the “pulling it in” guilt trip.

Great thread... curious what others will post.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Sounds like ordinary behavior couched in a framework of Scientology vocabulary. LRH had a talent of taking the mundane and twisting it into his own fabric of endless blather.

For instance, you think someone didn't hear you or is not paying attention, you repeat yourself. Children do this all the time and they typically don't have any Scientology training.

Wishful thinking is commonplace. When synchronicity occurs, we are amazed. Call it what you will: postulate, positive thinking, power of prayer, etc. The idea of Postulate is not owned or was originated by Scientology.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

I say, "I got that."

When I go to finish something so I can "complete the cycle."

I take B vitamins.

I clean windows with vinegar.

When I try to find the source of a claim.

When I work even when I'm sick or tired.

When I'm too blunt or confrontational with others.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

I say, "I got that."

I take B vitamins.

Do you use newspaper when cleaning windows? If so, you are a true believer.:D

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
As for you probably, the process of deprogramming scientology ideas and mentality took time for me. It is not when you leave the cult that you become a "WOG" again.

It has now been almost 30 years since I turned my back on LRH theories. And yet, sometimes I still feel like a scientologist when:

When I request an acknowledgement for my communication. Sometimes I say something to my wife and I repeat my communication to her because she does not acknowledge (although I know she heard me...). When it happens, I'm thinking, " oh no! Stop acting like a scientologist! »:faceslap:
While surely it's difficult and can take many years to remove false Scientology ideas and the mentality, the moment one exits Scientology one gains a huge amount of freedom that didn't exist just a moment earlier.

With regards to the issue of acknowledgements, they're not just a Scientology invention. Many never-in's are great at acknowledging communication as well as other aspects of communication. When another person completely ignores you many never-in's do see that as rude.

And many Scientologists communicate in a way that is not really natural or genuine. Many good people who entered Scientology have their empathy drilled out of them, and their quality of communication can reflect this. There are negative consequences when one gets indoctrinated to believe that hatred is higher on the tone scale than sympathy.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yeah, @Irayam, I’ve done both of those. Sometimes I wish I could train the hubs to go at least “uh-huh” when I say something. And I’m 35 years out. At least I’m over the “pulling it in” guilt trip.

Great thread... curious what others will post.
uh-huh

:waiting:

:D

Last edited:

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Sounds like ordinary behavior couched in a framework of Scientology vocabulary. LRH had a talent of taking the mundane and twisting it into his own fabric of endless blather.

For instance, you think someone didn't hear you or is not paying attention, you repeat yourself. Children do this all the time and they typically don't have any Scientology training.

Wishful thinking is commonplace. When synchronicity occurs, we are amazed. Call it what you will: postulate, positive thinking, power of prayer, etc. The idea of Postulate is not owned or was originated by Scientology.
Yes, I agree with you. They are ordinary behavior, but I feel like a scientologist when I do it.
:confused:

Irayam

Irayam

Patron with Honors

I say, "I got that."

I take B vitamins.

Wow!
Not all these...:eek::)

Irayam

JustSheila

Crusader
Wow!
Not all these...:eek::)

Irayam
Oh yah, :eek: not all the time, but once in a while, it's like a subconscious echo when I can just imagine/remember myself saying the same words or doing the same thing back when I was a Scientologist. Cycle of action. Yeesh! :omg:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I still feel $cientologist when, being part of a group, I suddenly realize they carry a binary perspective of other and outer world...

'' There is US and there la THEM who are the ennemies"

It brings me back in those years and I react pretty much as I did at the time...I pull their OW's...
Lol :oops:

$cientologie sors de moi!:D

Last edited:

Iona

Patron
I never feel like a Scientologist, but then again, I never did. My involvement with it was quite short-lived.

I got what I wanted out of it and moved on.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I never feel like a Scientologist, but then again, I never did. My involvement with it was quite short-lived.

I got what I wanted out of it and moved on.
You're very fortunate then. I was involved for several years and never came remotely close to getting what I wanted out of it. It certainly got plenty out of me though and I suspect my story is very similar to a lot of people on this board.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Ha ha! No mate, I use the microfiber cleaning cloths. Work like a charm!
Micro cloths are effective but I hate the way they feel on my skin. I have to use rubber gloves when handling them. Do you experience the same thing?
Oh no! Will this become a thread about cleaning methods?

JustSheila

Crusader
Micro cloths are effective but I hate the way they feel on my skin. I have to use rubber gloves when handling them. Do you experience the same thing?
Oh no! Will this become a thread about cleaning methods?
Really? Maybe try washing them first in a fine washables bag. It could be some chemical left on them maybe. :hmm:

I use rubber gloves anyway. Between the drying chemicals and drying out my hands from handwashing, it's not worth not wearing them.

I feel like a Scientologist when I'm scrubbing things the hard way with no good cleaners and there are no rubber gloves around because the SO won't pay for them! :coolwink:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
There are times when words like "ser fac" is the only way to describe someone. Or "missed withhold". There's only a handful of those hubbard terms that seem to be the best way to describe a phenomenon that no other term will do. 1.1 is another. But I use these terms sparingly and willingly as a born again wog and not in the mindset of a brainwashed cult freak. And I only use them when I'm hanging around a good friend who used to be in the cult.

The lack of an ack thing bothered me for a long time. But there are other ways to let someone know you heard them or vice versa.