What's new

Anyone throw away their auditor certs?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I must admit to keeping my Class 4 cert. I place no value in it, but I thought if anyone said I was never in the Co$, it could be used to refute them, substantiate my criticism of Scn. Not sure where it is now since various moves, but it's around here somewhere. Is this hypocrisy?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I threw mine away, and all my LRH books, over 35 years ago.

I still have a working Mark V meter, which I don't use, but keep for sentimental reasons.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I must admit to keeping my Class 4 cert. I place no value in it, but I thought if anyone said I was never in the Co$, it could be used to refute them, substantiate my criticism of Scn. Not sure where it is now since various moves, but it's around here somewhere. Is this hypocrisy?
No. It's not hypocrisy. Gaining Class IV certification was an achievement, and must have cost you a fortune, if you were a public. That you realised the org was conning you is their bad, not yours. You still earned the cert.

Gib

Crusader

I still have a working Mark V meter, which I don't use, but keep for sentimental reasons.
it may not be working, take it apart and look in the insides. The old capacitors go bad from none use and you may have corrosion on the terminals.

But what the hey, that's what Hubbard used to go OT, ROFLMAO

Gib

Crusader

here's what's also funny, if the old emeters are the basis of the tech, meaning the PDC's, the technical volumes, the FEBC/OEC stuff written long ago,

why wouldn't source, following source, namely LRH, why shouldn't everybody involved be using the old Emeters, that would be On-Source. LOL

But the DM has pulled one on everybody involved, claiming such as The Basics" where he found all references and now we are On Source. LOL

What a con.

If one, in scientology terms, is on-source, why one should use the old emeters and not the new ones?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I threw my last meter away a long time ago.

I remember quite clearly finding it in the back of my garage, buried in a bunch of old boxes.

I brought it out into the sunlight of the driveway and carefully laid it down to get a good look at it in a fond moment of nostalgic reverie---seconds before mercilessly stamping on it several times with my motorcycle boots. After all the shards of plastic had settled to their final resting place, I swept it up and routed it to another plastic spiritual tool of comparable magnitude. A large plastic garbage container.

It felt like an incredibly huge win, but I cannot really be sure of that---since I no longer had an e-meter to verify an F/N.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
it may not be working, take it apart and look in the insides. The old capacitors go bad from none use and you may have corrosion on the terminals.

But what the hey, that's what Hubbard used to go OT, ROFLMAO
I've only had this one for a few years, though it must be at least 40 years old. It belonged to a friend of mine who wanted to get rid of it, but said he didn't want to just throw it away, so he asked me if I'd "give it a good home." He wasn't sure if it still worked. He got out of scn same time I did.

The leads were shot so I got some cans and leads on ebay. I charged it up and did a battery check, it looked good, put myself on the cans, seemed to work. Haven't used it since.

HelluvaHoax!

If I still had my old e-meter, I wouldn't crush it (as above).

I'd take it apart, meticulously, piece by piece.

Then I'd reassemble in in surreal, unrecognizable fashion on a blank square surrounded by a picture frame.

An avant garde collage that i would entitle (in a diminutive engraved nameplate) as DDD

Modern art!

Nobody would have any slightest clue what the pieces were or what it meant.

If they asked what the "DDD" meant, I'd tell them.

Distant Dim Delusions.

They'd likely say: "Wow! Cool!"

In the rare case that they asked for more detail about the artwork, I'd tell them that: "It's impressionistic!"

They'd be satisfied--responding: "Oh that's wonderful!"

But they'd never suspect that the piece was an abstract reminder to myself of my "impressionist period"; to wit, that time of my youth when I was so easily "impressed" by stupidly meaningless nonsense. lol

HelluvaHoax!

In the absence of an e-meter, wins can be detected through obnosis. When applied to oneself, this is known as "selfnosis."
Someone should monetize your very marketable concept.

I wonder if apple already took the domain: iNOSIS.com

Sounds cool, yet it also sounds suspiciously like the pathology suffered by Scientologists.

To wit, the disease causing them to always raise their hand to answer any question about life or the universe, repeating "iknow, iknow, iknow!"

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Almost 20 years ago, I took everything (and it was a lot) and hurled it into a dumpster behind my local grocery store. Boy was I pissed off that night. But it felt good. But I continued to stay pissed off after that (in regards to all those physical materials I "earned" and purchased). It was more about the time I wasted than it was about the money. Money is nothing. Time is everything. Time is never coming back.

As a never-in, I hope I am not "talking out of turn" here. To me, it is natural to keep reminders of how you spent your time and effort in previous years, even if the experience was rather negative.

I still have the letter informing me I passed all four parts of the Ohio CPA Exam. I kept both ports when they were removed after cancer (small plastic/rubber hoses implanted into my chest to deliver chemotherapy drugs). Somewhere I still have a picture of my first car, and a set of keys for it, and the manual from the glove box (it was not very good, and I had to spend lots of time maintaining it). I also have most of the old head gasket from it that I replaced. I still have some of the pieces of my first computer (a 40 MHz 386 chip, woohoo!). They represent meaningful achievements.

I also have souvenirs of cult foolishness - I have someone's "Patron With Honors" plaque, Ron's "Road to Freedom" CD, "Battlefield Earth" on DVD, a Scientology passport, and yes, a non-functional E-meter. And a 10-foot wide "PORTLAND DIANETICS" banner for my man-cave.

(Some people put a hot tub, a billiards table and a neon beer sign or two in their man-cave. My tastes are somewhat different.)

JustSheila

Crusader
Almost 20 years ago, I took everything (and it was a lot) and hurled it into a dumpster behind my local grocery store. Boy was I pissed off that night. But it felt good. But I continued to stay pissed off after that (in regards to all those physical materials I "earned" and purchased). It was more about the time I wasted than it was about the money. Money is nothing. Time is everything. Time is never coming back.
:thumbsup: Yup. Well said.

Our trinkets and mementos are useless after we're gone, too, so if they no longer hold positive memories, to heck with them.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
I threw away three very lovely L's certs, that I thought were originally very cool. When I began waking up, they did not seem very lovely. But only threw them out last summer, having been out for only several years. Also a few million other certs. The ones that hurt the most are the ideal morgue certs. I knew that was just wrong ever since that whole mess started, and my wave making on that subject didn't go unnoticed by the nazis in the group. Ugh.

Anybody want some meters? I've got a few, believe me.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Anybody want some meters? I've got a few, believe me.
I threw my Mark 6 e-meters away decades ago, but I believe I still have a Mark 5 (the wood kind) modified by Allen Wright... somewhere around here. He said the church meters would only READ (sudden) in the "fall" direction, so he modified it so it read to the left as well as right.

The Cof$ used to complain copyright infringement to eBay when someone tried to sell an e-meter, and eBay would take the ad down. I complained to the Electronic Frontier Foundation then notice awhile later eBay stopped doing that.

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
My stuff is buried in my ex’s garage. Certs, tech vols, admin vols, maybe a meter (may have left it behind when got kicked out). I would love to burn the certs, sometimes it creeps me out a little knowing they still exist.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I threw all my certs long time ego...It had no positive meeting to me appart that of havong been trained and processed by a slave org disguised as a mindfuck cult...:oops:
Actually ou stone me that si.e people on this board still take pride in mentionning their training levels or certs in regard of the mindfuck Tec ....

I only kept some letters from IJC , C\ IJC and RTC regarding the BofI and Com Ev findings about me and the restablishing of my good standing prior to my leaving...Just in case I would be declared so I can proove I was not an sp... :oops:

Soon those documents shall too find a proper usage as toilet paper...since I totally moved on...and really don't give a fuck about how they consider me..all is fine till they don't call me 4 times\day...
;)

Irayam

Patron with Honors
I threw mine away.
But I have a friend who cut them into small pieces and used them as paper filters for his joints...
Boy! What nice moments we had with them!:budhug::bong:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I threw my last meter away a long time ago.

I remember quite clearly finding it in the back of my garage, buried in a bunch of old boxes.

I brought it out into the sunlight of the driveway and carefully laid it down to get a good look at it in a fond moment of nostalgic reverie---seconds before mercilessly stamping on it several times with my motorcycle boots. After all the shards of plastic had settled to their final resting place, I swept it up and routed it to another plastic spiritual tool of comparable magnitude. A large plastic garbage container.

It felt like an incredibly huge win, but I cannot really be sure of that---since I no longer had an e-meter to verify an F/N.

HH, we're on the same page! An old memory resurfaced while reading further down this page. One sunny summer day in the later 1980's I got my Mark V meter, the one with the wood frame and blue plastic face, took it outside my apartment to the sidewalk and with all my might threw it down on the concrete (I'm laughing my ass off while writing this). It didn't smash into little pieces like I had hoped so I had to repeat the process until I got flat on it. Anyway, I got this sadistic joy from doing that.

This is fun reading this thread. I rehabbed all sorts of wins from unmocking my scio crap. During my golden era of destroying things scientology I threw all my books, tech and policy volumes, tape cassette collections into the dumpster of the apartment complex I lived in. Oh, and my favorite evil SP moment is when I burned my first copy of DMSMH in my sister's fireplace one cold winter evening. I started by burning one page at a time but that got to be too laborious so I tore out sections of it and gleefully threw them in the fire and watched them burn in hell. I wished I had a video of that.

I still have all my receipts I gathered from all the purchases I made at the Mission and other Orgs. My intent was to make a spreadsheet with dates, items, and cost. I do know the total was around $29,000 which doesn't sound like much compared to what others have wasted. But that was a lot of money for a busboy making about $300/week in 1975-1984 U.S. dollars. At this stage of my life I've lost interest in making that spreadsheet.

I'm pretty sure I threw all my certs out. I do have the last letter sent to me by the ED of the Org that I escaped from. The entirety of the letter : "What happened? Love, Judy." Needless to say I never answered it. lol! I should frame it and put it on a wall in my basement.

The remaining item I still have is my Mark 6 or 7 or whatever hell the number is. I was hoping to sell it one day since I paid big bucks for it. I'm still not sure if I should keep it as a curious artifact from a long gone era or perhaps make a video of destroying it in some insane fashion. I have a fun idea. If there is ever a convention of ex scios getting together we could all coordinate and bring our old meters and other scio crap and have a ritual cleansing party of destroying the symbols of our past oppression. We could have awards based on most creative method of destruction, most hilarious, etc. And of course make a video of it!