What's new

The Tone Scale: How Valid Is It?

JustSheila

Crusader
Captain Bill and Wayne Marple were in charge of the Big Blue Renovations in the 70s, under L Ron's directions.

That's when there were about 300 people on the RPF for 1-2 years getting about 4-5 hrs sleep a night and worked like slaves. That's the Captain Bill we knew in the Sea Org, alright.

Here, read what he was actually like for yourself: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/pac-1977-rock-slam-rpf-wayne-marple.39591/

JustSheila

Crusader
More on Captain Bill here:

After spreading rumors that the church had been infiltrated with spies he tried to start "The New Church of Scientology" with Church monies. he failed.
He claimed to be an "ethical OT" but did not act that way. Bill had a preference for dressing up in women's clothing and at least two of Bill's wives complained of his peculiar taste of wanting to play "lesbian" games as he used to dress up in ladies clothes and a wig and perform sexually perverted activities in front of a mirror. While those may be very odd, but maybe not damaging... he also stole another man's wife. Not the way an "ethical OT" should be acting.
He claimed to be second in command to L. Ron Hubbard and for a two month period in 1972 he indeed held a very high rank in the Sea Org. Over the next 10 years his behavior became very erratic. He became obsessed with remembering the words to a galactic marching song and felt the church had been infiltrated with spies.

Then, in 1982 he announced that hew was not just Bill Robertson, a normal earthling, but was in fact called Astar Paramejgian, one of three beings who were in reality controlling the lives of trillions of inhabitants of "Sector 9", a collection of thousands of stars and planets in this sector of the galaxy."

http://www.scientologymyths.info/sq...in-bill-robertson-and-the-galactic-patrol.php

"FEBRUARY 15th 1996
Someone from OSA Int. called and told me that the case supervisor had ordered I see a Scientology Doctor. I did not have one. I knew enough about Scientology techniques to know that the case supervisor wanted a medical opinion about my condition.
By this time I was starting to wonder if Captain Bill (Robertson) was really right after all. Captain Bill was a major Sea Organization Executive. He had gone "off the deep end" back in ‘82 when he left the Sea Org. He had spun stories of how the higher echelons of the Sea Organization had been taken over by aliens, called Marcabians, from the planet Marcab. I had never given his stories a second thought till now. These OSA Int. staff were acting so cold hearted, they appeared to be …’alien.’ What if Captain Bill had been right all along? The doctor I was being sent to was an OT8. Perhaps the OT8’s were involved in the alien mind control program and remote viewing?? Perhaps that is how my mind had gotten broken."

https://www.lermanet.com/exit/Kathrynsstory.htm

From Kima Douglas:
"Jim Dincalci was sent on some Mission and I was moved into the Medical Office, where I came into my own. In Sulfi the wind was blowing against the ship, didn't have enough fenders so Captain Bill [Robertson] had all crew pushing against dock. Also in Sulfi he ordered people over side painting the ship without sunhats, they were going down with sunstroke. I asked Captain Bill to bring them in, but he refused. I ordered them in. "

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/kima.htm

From Tony Ortega's site:
https://tonyortega.org/2013/03/30/the-ballad-of-captain-bill/

I'm not a fan of CBR. He was a nutter and a jerk. :no:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
That doesn't resemble the Captain Bill that I knew.

Did you ever meet him yourself?
Adding to JustSheila's & F.Bullbait's observation that Captain Bill was a "nutter". . .

I also worked with him for a brief period. I obnosed that he was not exactly a nutter but more accurately an "ON" (Operating Nutter).

Ordinary nutters are not that active. By contrast, Operating Nutters far more able and active, thus wreaking wide swaths of devastation & destruction in their wake.

ON ODDITY DU JOUR: All of the most able and sanest Operating Nutters on the wholetrack wore impressively festive military costumes, adorning themselves with medals & prestigious command channel rankings--beginning with the letter "C". (e.g. the Commodore, COB, Captain Bill, Colonel Sanders, et al).

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I was at the Cedars in 1977 when the old man showed up and had a fit over the pace of renovations at AO.

Enter Captain Bill who took over and got things done. Not without walking over a bunch of bodies and apparently having the keys to the treasury.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
snip:

ON ODDITY DU JOUR: All of the most able and sanest Operating Nutters on the wholetrack wore impressively festive military costumes, adorning themselves with medals & prestigious command channel rankings--beginning with the letter "C". (e.g. the Commodore, COB, Captain Bill, Colonel Sanders, et al).

Yo bro............you got a problem with the Colonel?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yo bro............you got a problem with the Colonel?
Just a minor glitch. . .

I was at KFC and ordered the 3.99 combo. When I took a bite into the mashed potatoes there was a mouse face in it. I asked for the manager and he said that in order for me to get a refund I'd have to fill out the KFC Standard Refund Application. I tried to politely inform him that they served me a mouse head, but he said the policy was that since I had eaten some of the mashed potatoes BEFORE I spotted the mouse head, it would be out exchange for a full refund.

The manager, Biff, gave me the link to KFC's refund hotline website to fill out the application.

I filled it out that night and sent it. They send me an email that directed me to wait from between 1-3 weeks for what they described as "....an answer and full resolution to this unfortunate matter."

I waited a month but didn't get anything. When I called the 800 CUSTOMER COMPLAINT HOTLINE they said they could not locate my file but suggested that time had not run out yet and I should quickly submit another application for refund. I did so and sent in my request the following hour.

It's now been 6 months and I haven't received their letter. So I called KFC BUSINESS AFFAIRS and they informed me that they successfully located my application and I was very fortunate indeed that my application had been approved! I asked if they needed my address to send me a check or if I could just go into the KFC near my work and get the money. They said I would need a passcode number and I wrote it down. They told me to take that number and two forms of ID to the KFC CUSTOMER SATISFACTION CENTER downtown.

I had to take a day off work because there were very long lines there.

Finally around 3:43 pm they took me into the CGC (Colonel Guidance Center) and told me that my refund ($ 3.99) had already been applied to my account And then they gave me my tech estimate ($1,000), so I only owed $995.01 for word clearing, false data stripping and coached TR-O (to a pass) on a dead mouse, until my confront came up.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
ColonelSandersRug.jpg

Yes, but someone is going to win a fee Colonel Sanders Rug for Valentines Day!! Ron never gave anything away for free, in fact he made it a policy violation.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
I always wondered why there were never any scientology themed coffee mugs.
If COB could have concentrated on snappy scientology themed coffee mugs rather than SCOHB in his spare time, things would have gone a lot better for the cult.
Put the tone scale on a coffee mug with one of those passive/agressive thermal sensor designs that activates an arrow pointing to the step on the tone scale corresponding to the temperature of the coffee and it would have been a moneymaker on the scale of pet rocks or ginsu knives. Shit, such an advertising gimmick might have even surpassed the garden weasel in popularity.

And where the hell is birdsong? Is he on vacation or something?

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
I always wondered why there were never any scientology themed coffee mugs.
If COB could have concentrated on snappy scientology themed coffee mugs rather than SCOHB in his spare time, things would have gone a lot better for the cult.
Put the tone scale on a coffee mug with one of those passive/agressive thermal sensor designs that activates an arrow pointing to the step on the tone scale corresponding to the temperature of the coffee and it would have been a moneymaker on the scale of pet rocks or ginsu knives. Shit, such an advertising gimmick might have even surpassed the garden weasel in popularity.

And where the hell is birdsong? Is he on vacation or something?

I'd own one for sure and, since I'm so Standard, I'd own two...for backup. In case in the middle of the coffee session...you know...